Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,190 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

My Friend Is In A Mess - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friend Is In A Mess (3756 Views)

11 Signs To Know If Your Girl Friend Is A Good Girl / The Devil Working With Mtn To Mess-up My Wedding / 13 Signs Your Friend Is In Love With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Adeks(m): 4:22am On Jul 30, 2012
dis is simply a case of som1 cryin ova his cap in a place whr most dont hav heads, or one sulkin ova his shoes in a place whr many dont evn hav legs. @op ur frnd got a N60K job after 8mths in a country whr thr r many who have nt evn gottn a 30k job after yrs of srching and he says lyf hs nt unfolded 4 him if d girl is meant 2 b his,den nothin can stop it, bt if nt, she wil leave (money or nt)
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Princeparix(m): 7:16am On Jul 30, 2012
M M M: Op
Tell dat ur friend 2 do money ritual angry
thought ure d Money Making Machine>u na dibia nah>still reason d dude carry am go ur normal place
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by lumideezle(m): 7:47am On Jul 30, 2012
Adeks: dis is simply a case of som1 cryin ova his cap in a place whr most dont hav heads, or one sulkin ova his shoes in a place whr many dont evn hav legs. @op ur frnd got a N60K job after 8mths in a country whr thr r many who have nt evn gottn a 30k job after yrs of srching and he says lyf hs nt unfolded 4 him if d girl is meant 2 b his,den nothin can stop it, bt if nt, she wil leave (money or nt)

It has nothing to do with crying over a cap whr people don't have heads.. You have also forgotten to add that there are people his age earning 250k a month even 700k a month sef IN THIS SAME COUNTRY! And he has all d required qualifications. It beats me how people tend to compare themselves with the bad and hardly see d good part! I fully support his plight he has every reason to not b satisfied! Infact I would kick his behind if he chooses to b satisfied with 60k a month. It is a starting point but not a point 2 stay 4 too long.
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
WE12H
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by tomnmenace(m): 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
Dis Guy: lol life has not unfolded for him at the age of 25

is he competing with Mark Zukerburg?

He should concentrate on work,side business and treating his girl right since she's not complaining
grin grin grin
I'll go with dis!

I'm a B.Engineering graduate, the first of seven children (plus parents= AWHULLOTTA RESPONSIBILITY), just got a job 3 months back in chaotic Lagos which pays 60,000 (erratic payment) n I'l be 32 by Oct 1st!
Told my girl I'm gonna go ALL-OUT FIRE-HUSTLE! n I wont av enough time for the tit-bits of the relationship..
She said she's gonna go all out with me!
So,
Talk to your girl. No forming. No packaging. Let her know what's bugging you. Schedule a "lets be frank, heart-to-heart, clear headed" discussion. If she's yours, she'll stick!

and nigga...... do some more hustling! it's definitely gonna be fine soon.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Adeks(m): 5:43am On Aug 03, 2012
@lumideezle. He is nt d 1st person 2 b underpaid. beliv it or not, thr are stil ppl more qualified dan he is wu r stil srchin... so understand: wat am sayin is dat he shdn't luk @ his present job as a determinant. Evn if he hs all d money in d world, if she's nt meant 2 be his, she wil surely leave. So jst lyk ppl av advised,he shd rather wrk on himself n possibly av a talk wit her n trust in God.
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
lumideezle:

It has nothing to do with crying over a cap whr people don't have heads.. You have also forgotten to add that there are people his age earning 250k a month even 700k a month sef IN THIS SAME COUNTRY! And he has all d required qualifications. It beats me how people tend to compare themselves with the bad and hardly see d good part! I fully support his plight he has every reason to not b satisfied! Infact I would kick his behind if he chooses to b satisfied with 60k a month. It is a starting point but not a point 2 stay 4 too long.
lumideezle: @Rocktation thanks and thank you everyone for your responses.. I am yet to see a story of someone who has been in his situation and Is now doing well. Please share your story as this would greatly encourage him.

Now to those of you saying 60k salary is ok for a man all I can say is I pity your poverty mentality. So because you and you and your people earn 60 or less everybdy should settle 4 that abi? Smh!! All men are born but some are more equal than others! Think abt that

Pardon me for assuming u were a girl in my 1st comment; d thread seems kinna girlie tho.
Nywaiz....u wanted some1 that's been in such....I HAVE and I'm about to marry ds beautiful lady with whom I weathered those trying times. Dude ur friend has a depleted esteem. Goodluck in his search for a job dat pays 1m/month...lolz....pls I'd like to apply too, should he find one!
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by redcliff: 9:13am On Aug 12, 2012
claremont: The last salary I earned whilst living in Nigeria was 60,000/month, though it came with an official car and sales bonuses. I lived on that 60,000/month and maintained my expensive Igbo ex-girlfriend as well grin. Your friend should hold onto that job while he is on the sharp look-out for better opportunities preferably abroad.

As for the girlfriend, if she is not able to exercise patience with him, he should let her go. When he has achieved some level of career stability, he would be surprised how girls will flock around him like bees to honey.

In ninteen ninety what was this?
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2012
@ Topic
The bitter truth is that the guy's fears are NOT unfounded. Those of you suggesting that he has an "inferiority complex" or that he might be insecure and all that are not evaluating his concerns logically and objectively. Without a doubt the guy loves the girl in question and has long term plans for her, which is the only reason why he is concerned about his meagre salary and his inability to meet the financial obligations associated with settling down with a woman - moreso as other men who are doubly capable of doing so are also on her case.

It would be a regrettable error, nay, an exercise in extreme self-delusion, for him to be over-confident that his girlfriend loves him so much that she would reject 'better qualified' alternatives and wait for him for however long it might take him to improve his financial situation. Such a delusional belief ignores the stark reality that, as a Nigerian woman, she is motivated mainly by her selfish interests and not empty notions of love and blind loyalty to your broke azz. Besides, and more importantly, she has an influential coalition of sisters, friends, her mother, cousins, etc that would advise her to be 'wise' and go for greener pastures before it is too late.

Quite frankly, she would sooner or later fall for the irresistible temptation of some well-to-do guy somewhere. Let's not kid ourselves here. In any case, she might even already be cheating with those sort of guys, while holding out with the OP's friend out of compassionate love, pity, or mere fleeting, time-bound hope for old-time sake.

The only advice I can authoritatively give the guy is that he should quietly break up with her and focus on his hustle; any relationships for now should be mere flings and nothing serious. Failure to heed this advice means that he prefers to wait until she does the breaking up as she shall eventually. . . . and trust me she would do it in the most callous manner when the time comes any time from now.
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by akpan123(m): 3:30am On Sep 02, 2012
60k is better than nothing, he needs to plan and set out objectives for himself. and any girl that loves, will

stay, even if u earned lower than 60k.
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by lumideezle(m): 7:37am On Sep 08, 2012
Thanks a lot everyone T really appreciates all your responces. And I do 2 because I dint have 2 talk too much trying to advice him, all I did was show him this thread. Just to let you all know he just got another Job, 100k starting and 125k after confirmation. I am happy 4 him. He did not break up with his GF

(1) (2) (Reply)

MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. / / Be Careful When Choosing A Moniker To Sign-up Into NAIRALAND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.