Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,253 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan (13410 Views)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) / Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by PointB: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2012
size38: What do u expect from a house filled with hundred criminals? Otedola called them hungry people and non has the guts to challenge him anywhere. House of reps members are talking trash to me.

I wonder oo.

They are on vengeance mission. Looking an avenue to bolster their battered image. I will be watching these guys closely, and of course be having a good laugh.

Otedola dealt them a crude blow, now they want another scar from NOI. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by PointB: 10:39am On Jul 30, 2012
thomason:

Bro, this is not criticism but fact, having Vast experience in world bank doesnt mean she cant be checked. However, she was politically appointed and she is just being loyal to her boss.

According to the House, Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala’s claim that the executive arm has implemented 56 per cent of the 2012 budget as widely reported, “is not true,” as only “about 34per cent of the budget has been implemented.”

So it now claims and counter claims?

Anyway, I believe the NOI figure, let the Reps 'prove' their figures!
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by ozoebuka1(m): 10:40am On Jul 30, 2012
Most of us are undecisive... We cant even make a choice of our own! Just because those wicked reps told gej -be careful of okonjo's advice- weve already started critizing okonjo, isnt that woman try? gej should be at alert against those rep! aint they the the ones that want to impeach him... how can someone who wanna kill you be giving u good advice, huh? think! think!! and think!!

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by mekaboy(m): 10:43am On Jul 30, 2012
THIS IS NOT ABOUT BUDGET, THE SIT IS GETTING HOTTER, THEY HAVE TO IMPEACH GEJ BEFORE THIS WHOLE SUBSIDY SCAM SWALLOWS THEM AND END THEM ALL IN JAIL , AS MORE CASES WILL SOON BE UNCOVERED. FOR NOW ITS THE CHILDREN OF TUKOR AND THE REST THAT ARE INDICTED, SOON THE PARENTS WILL SOON BE EXPOSED.

AND IT SEEMS LIKE GEJ IS TRYING TO BE TRANSPARENT, WHICH MOST POLITHIEFCIANS IN NIGERIA HATE.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by dedeike: 10:44am On Jul 30, 2012
Ufeolorun:
Okonjo Iweala has got no verifiable antecedents on major economic or financial issues she just throw the name of the world bank around.
What exactly she was doing at the world bank is still a mystery but its becoming glaring now that she's a fake and failed 'economist'. I feel strongly obj throw her out because the likes of murkter,bode augusto,soludo made obj realize how empty she is.
We are in trouble but this impeachment threat gives me hope, too much incompetence in one place.
You are the one who has a verifiable antecedent abi? It's not so difficult to recognize a fool when you see one.
Look at you who may not have even passed economics at SSCE level come to question the intellect of someone, whom the whole world has come to acknowledge was the best candidate for the world bank job.
Back to the issue at hand, if you fight corruption, corruption will fight you back.
You guys want Okonjo to implement that over inflated and padded budget, so that you will come back to summon her and ask" who approved the release of these funds" grin
It will not work.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 10:44am On Jul 30, 2012
ozoebuka1: Most of us are undecisive... We cant even make a choice of our own! Just because those wicked reps told gej -be careful of okonjo's advice- weve already started critizing okonjo, isnt that woman try? gej should be at alert against those rep! aint they the the ones that want to impeach him... how can someone who wanna kill you be giving u good advice, huh? think! think!! and think!!

The only choice to be made here is the choice of whether, as a Nigerian, you want to be lied to or not by your Government. If Okonjo Iweala is really lying to you, you ought to stand up against that. Rather than create a web of lies to sooth your fickle mind there, why not instead demand that the truth be revealed to you and you mature yourself to the point where nothing but the truth matters.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by Ufeolorun(m): 10:44am On Jul 30, 2012
Everyone knows they are overpaid thugs but Okonjo Iweala lied and she's also incompetent.
The subsidy probe and the protest totally laid her bare.
You cannot discount peoples assertion just because they are overpaid thieves,
Assess it.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by thomason: 10:44am On Jul 30, 2012
PointB:

So it now claims and counter claims?

Anyway, I believe the NOI figure, let the Reps 'prove' their figures!

Bros, why do you believe the NOI figure? I wont wanna dabble into much argument until she can boldy counter the Reps claim with proof.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by mpumalanga: 10:47am On Jul 30, 2012
NOI is blocking all the sources they use to collect corrupt money and
turn the other way in doing their so called over and 'under'sight functions.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by PointB: 10:58am On Jul 30, 2012
thomason:

Bros, why do you believe the NOI figure? I wont wanna dabble into much argument until she can boldy counter the Reps claim with proof.

She is the Finance Minister, I believe she has the figure.

It is not enough for the Reps to dispute her figures without evidence. The onus is on those who dispute her figure to support theirs with evidence. Disputing her figures, and asking us to believe you, is akin to taking us for a ride.

The reps, as we know it, have serious integrity issue. Anyone who believes them without questioning need serious head examination.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by ozoebuka1(m): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The only choice to be made here is the choice of whether, as a Nigerian, you want to be lied to or not by your Government. If Okonjo Iweala is really lying to you, you ought to stand up against that. Rather than create a web of lies to sooth your fickle mind there, why not instead demand that the truth be revealed to you and you mature yourself to the point where nothing but the truth matters.
u cant just destroy the whole crete of egg just because one of the eggs is spoilt! if okonjo lied, -man is an imperfect being striving towards perfection- and u cant just forget the good works she has done just because of one little mistake... those reps are the monsters whom we should be afraid of and not a hardworking woman who is carrying this nation forward in da field of economy.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by aribisala0(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2012
What good works has she done that are relevant here?
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by Ayor93(m): 11:06am On Jul 30, 2012
Im starting to love this reps guyz
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by Bukkyade: 11:09am On Jul 30, 2012
aribisala0: What good works has she done that are relevant here?
are you in Nigerian @ all, or let me rephrase do you read newspapers or listen to news on television?
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by raystanley(m): 11:10am On Jul 30, 2012
Remmyode: Obasanjo was right during his tenure when he refused some of the policies of Okonjo Iweala which made her left his cabinet.

GEJ is the devil to himself, in the first place, while will a president of a country like Nigeria rely solely on advise from the appointees, this shows that GEJ lack what it takes to lead a state not to talk of a country.
YOUR GEJ IS OLODO (fisherman), HE DOES NOT HAVE AN IDEA OF PRESIDENCY.!!
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by ikeyman00(m): 11:10am On Jul 30, 2012
@@@

criminals in the house talkin!

they fools are serious jokers

imagine devil telling u to be wary of Jesus

well well; time running out
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 11:11am On Jul 30, 2012
ozoebuka1: u cant just destroy the whole crete of egg just because one of the eggs is spoilt! if okonjo lied, -man is an imperfect being striving towards perfection- and u cant just forget the good works she has done just because of one little mistake... those reps are the monsters whom we should be afraid of and not a hardworking woman who is carrying this nation forward in da field of economy.

um . . . I think you should keep up with your own logic.
ozoebuka1: Most of us are undecisive... We cant even make a choice of our own! Just because those wicked reps told gej -be careful of okonjo's advice- weve already started critizing okonjo, isnt that woman try? gej should be at alert against those rep! aint they the the ones that want to impeach him... how can someone who wanna kill you be giving u good advice, huh? think! think!! and think!!

I could now from your follow up say something like "The wicked reps are also imperfect beings striving towards perfection -- and you can't just forget the good works they have done just because of one little mistake. . . " Do you think that sounds about right?

Impeachment has nothing to do with killing anyone. If you cannot do the job, the company firing you as a result does not mean the company holds a grudge against you or that you are evil or something. It is simply a matter of looking at the numbers. If you are too expensive to keep aboard, they get rid of you, hire someone else who can do a better job and life goes on.
That is what impeachment is about. That seat no be any person papa property, and so do not expect that there is a guarantee of some sort that you must sit tight, no matter how bad you are, in that seat until when you want to leave it.

By the way, there is no such thing as one little mistake, especially when it comes to the ruling of 150 million lives.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by playahP(m): 11:12am On Jul 30, 2012
"Take away real power from president"....... Jonathan is not a weakling; he's a puppet for the true president of this country; who enriches himself and his economy by making us pay the price!.

If you look closely; jonathan has no real power in this country... He can't put the pension funds folks to dock; nor the d subsidy folks..... He knows what is right but he doesn't have the power to implement it!!!
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by UncleJJ(m): 11:16am On Jul 30, 2012
Okonjo must go angry.

Someone said she master minded the whole fuel subsidy scam brouhaha. I toht, I read somewhere that the scam itself was partly questionable.

Fuel subsidy was the only benefit Ngerian masses where enjoying from the govt. Politicians and there cohorts have always defrauded Nigerians - long before the subsidy scheme.

I am not supporting corruption or similar. I just think okonjo should be sacked, OBJ rejected her , the world bank has denied her . What more proof of her incompetence do we need to see.

All the money being looted here and there, do not come under the minstry of finance.

We need more lamido"s, obj"s and okorocha"s. Not gluttons like okonjo and her sister diezani both of whom have no prior qualifications in either fields.

GEJ is misbehaving because he thinks the ND is solidly behind him. Let him nt frgt the ND votes are nt what brought him to power - Mr president show some gratitude !
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by aribisala0(m): 11:18am On Jul 30, 2012
Bukkyade: are you in Nigerian @ all, or let me rephrase do you read newspapers or listen to news on television?

Clearly you cannot answer my question so turn the tables on me
.Anyone can ask the question whether Riz Khan or Al Jazeera.
Or is there some kind of exclusivity on who may ask questions??
Personally I am irrelevant as are my location or reading habits.

My question was what "good works" has this woman done in Nigeria?

Once again?

Just two examples would do here
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by dustydee: 11:18am On Jul 30, 2012
Billyonaire: It baffles me. If a world class economist known worldwide with 25yrs experience in the world bank job is criticized profusely by her own people, I think we need our heads examined.
The same world class economists that got the world into economic recession right?
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by isaco(m): 11:21am On Jul 30, 2012
Season film? No wonder Mikel Obi played well in chesea shirt and turned to duck in Eagle shirt. Our system is bad.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by dedeike: 11:25am On Jul 30, 2012
Profile in excellence which haters and ignorance cannot wish away.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
The undisputable power-house in the Jonathan administration, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who doubles as the Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance, no doubt, added credibility to the cabinet based on her formidable credentials locally and internationally.

A stickler for probity and excellence, Okonjo-Iweala’s persistent campaign for the effective management of the nation’s resources informed the government’s decision to adopt fiscal discipline, cut down on waste, and rein in debt and the budget deficit, especially in the 2012 budget.

This resulted in slight reduction of recurrent expenditure this year. Her target, however, is to cut recurrent spending to about 65 per cent of the total budget by 2015 so that more resources can be deployed on capital projects.

The minister, who narrowly lost her bid for the presidency of World Bank, has worked on rebuilding the nation’s decimated savings in the Excess Crude Account (ECA), which currently stands at $4.3 billion, and this is despite the monthly withdrawals by the three tiers of government. She has also been in negotiations with the 36 states of the federation to start up the Sovereign Wealth Fund as a replacement for the ECA.

Under her watch, the government established the Subsidy Re-investment Programme, through which savings accruing to the three tiers of government from the partial removal of the subsidy on petrol, can be deployed to projects. In her bid to keep the public informed on the savings, her ministry each month publishes the figures accruing to the federal, states and local governments under SURE-P.

The finance minister is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants  to reduce waste. The exercise is yoelding fruits as it uncovered the pension scam of over 32 billion. The scam involved Abubakar Kigo, a former perm sec at the office of the head of civil service of the federation and 5 others. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds from CBN.
This system also ensures that suspicious allocations in the budget are blocked.
Corrupt minds are not happy with these stringent measures hence the outcry

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by ikeyman00(m): 11:28am On Jul 30, 2012
@@@

I am not supporting corruption or similar. I just think okonjo should be sacked, OBJ rejected her , the world bank has denied her . What more proof of her incompetence do we need to see

ezikwo?

abi na ewudu/amala u swallow this morning dey worry u self shocked
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by FrankC3: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2012
I keep wondering, between a politician and a professional economist with about 25years experience in developmental economics at World Bank level, with an Ivy league PhD, who do you believe their figure about Economic indices? As much as Soludo is a Professor of Econometrics, i will look again at his figures against NOI's.
If not for some emotional reasons, how can somebody accept a political spokesman figures in this kind of sensitive area against that of the custodian of the figure? It is baffling... but it fits the cause perfectly to shoot holes through everything this administration does. As Obama will put it in 2008, "if you have no records to run on, you make up your opponent as someone people should run from"
We are watching...
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by Dollarman101: 11:31am On Jul 30, 2012
dedeike: Profile in excellence which haters and ignorance cannot wish away.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
The undisputable power-house in the Jonathan administration, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who doubles as the Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance, no doubt, added credibility to the cabinet based on her formidable credentials locally and internationally.

A stickler for probity and excellence, Okonjo-Iweala’s persistent campaign for the effective management of the nation’s resources informed the government’s decision to adopt fiscal discipline, cut down on waste, and rein in debt and the budget deficit, especially in the 2012 budget.

This resulted in slight reduction of recurrent expenditure this year. Her target, however, is to cut recurrent spending to about 65 per cent of the total budget by 2015 so that more resources can be deployed on capital projects.

The minister, who narrowly lost her bid for the presidency of World Bank, has worked on rebuilding the nation’s decimated savings in the Excess Crude Account (ECA), which currently stands at $4.3 billion, and this is despite the monthly withdrawals by the three tiers of government. She has also been in negotiations with the 36 states of the federation to start up the Sovereign Wealth Fund as a replacement for the ECA.

Under her watch, the government established the Subsidy Re-investment Programme, through which savings accruing to the three tiers of government from the partial removal of the subsidy on petrol, can be deployed to projects. In her bid to keep the public informed on the savings, her ministry each month publishes the figures accruing to the federal, states and local governments under SURE-P.

The finance minister is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants  to reduce waste. The exercise is yoelding fruits as it uncovered the pension scam of over 32 billion. The scam involved Abubakar Kigo, a former perm sec at the office of the head of civil service of the federation and 5 others. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds from CBN.

Whenever you see these corrupt politicians and civil servants crying for somebody's sack, just take it that the publi official in question constitutes a hindrance to their corruption moves.
I'm sure of this.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by ubandire(m): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2012
dedeike: Profile in excellence which haters and ignorance cannot wish away.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

Simply faultless.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 11:37am On Jul 30, 2012
Frank-C:
I keep wondering, between a politician and a professional economist with about 25years experience in developmental economics at World Bank level, with an Ivy league PhD, who do you believe their figure about Economic indices? As much as Soludo is a Professor of Econometrics, i will look again at his figures against NOI's.
If not for some emotional reasons, how can somebody accept a political spokesman figures in this kind of sensitive area against that of the custodian of the figure? It is baffling... but it fits the cause perfectly to shoot holes through everything this administration does. As Obama will put it in 2008, "if you have no records to run on, you make up your opponent as someone people should run from"
We are watching...

This is not the first time they have done that to her numbers.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by ldpele(m): 11:39am On Jul 30, 2012
Ufeolorun:
Okonjo Iweala has got no verifiable antecedents on major economic or financial issues she just throw the name of the world bank around.
What exactly she was doing at the world bank is still a mystery but its becoming glaring now that she's a fake and failed 'economist'. I feel strongly obj throw her out because the likes of murkter,bode augusto,soludo made obj realize how empty she is.
We are in trouble but this impeachment threat gives me hope, too much incompetence in one place.
source of ua informatn of murkter,bode n soludo makin obj realize hw empty she was?? Dnt mislead n misinform NLders bcause u gat acess to the internet
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by amanze15(m): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2012
watching d season film called the ''nigeria mess''....its ends in 2015,....grab ur copy guys
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by duality(m): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2012
we all know its all about money. they want constituency project money. when they have no project in mind, no feasibility study no nothing. all the money the've been collecting where are the constituency projects.

nLANDERS should ask their reps of the constituency projects the'v executed over the years so we see. constituency money is not coming as usual and they all cry.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by frond: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2012
Billyonaire: It baffles me. If a world class economist known worldwide with 25yrs experience in the world bank job is criticized profusely by her own people, I think we need our heads examined.

A good economist might not necessarily be a good manager. Nigeria needs a good manager now and not economic theorist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Seals PDP National Headquarters In Abuja / Emmanuel Uduaghan At APC Caucus Meeting (Photos) / Chevron: None Of Our Employees Contracted Coronavirus In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.