Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? (3986 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight / Paul Ado Bayero: Kano Emir's Grandson Who Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by ogoamaka99(m): 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2012
@ poster,
May i tell you why serious christian had withdrawn from the forum.This is because no serious minded fellow will like to waste his or her precious time in this forum.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2012
ogoamaka99: @ poster,
May i tell you why serious christian had withdrawn from the forum.This is because no serious minded fellow will like to waste his or her precious time in this forum.

I guess you aint a serious christian then. cheesy
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 01, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Abeg, try and deny the existence of human transitional fossils. Or are you fellow human biologists liars? Or is it that you're a quack biologist that is paid to travel around spreading creationist babble?

Its pointless. I'd just let you go on waffling about things you are ignorant about.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by rhymz(m): 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2012
Funny thread.
Funny how some posters are so vehement about a religion that needs its adherent to indulge in irrational beliefs in order to conform and be seen as spiritually superior.
Fact is that the main reason why many christian don't comment much again is because they are not sure of their own beliefs, the arguments here is raising questions in their mind that they fear might result in a revelation that might put them at opposite with their long held traditional beliefs.
Many of these Christians are just like Me, they proclaim christianity for the convenience it provides and not neccessarily because they believe in the BS ii teaches.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by DeepSight(m): 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2012
Area_boy:

Oh come on! not you too cry. I have more respect for you than dylan.

For the avoidance of doubt: I believe in evolution: I however do not believe in evolution as preached today by natural selection alone. I believe that there was manifestly an intelligently guided process of evolution.

Now evolution as preached today has profound gaps. The extracts logicboy cited are absolutely insufficient to substantiate the point he was trying to make. As far as I am concerned, Davidylan still stands on higer logical ground here.

I am not perfect: If I am wrong: please logically show me how. I will be happy to take up the matter.

Don't let me down mate undecided

No offense bro, but you already let me down big time with the gibberish you posted on the "ex nihilo nihil fit" thread: and you never returned to address the questions.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 10:29pm On Aug 01, 2012
davidylan:

Its pointless. I'd just let you go on waffling about things you are ignorant about.

LMAO.....after claiming that a paper that was published by the Royal Society is not recognized? Epic Fail....

You are trying to run away! Davidylan debunked as usual by logicboy!
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

LMAO.....after claiming that a paper that was published by the Royal Society is not recognized? Epic Fail....

You are trying to run away! Davidylan debunked as usual by logicboy!

Yawn... this clueless dude again. Ok let me set you straight... the RS (which has only 1400 members) Biological sciences journal has an impact factor of a measly 6.4. In contrast, impact factors for Nature is 32.6, Nature genetics is 35.5, Journal of Biological Chemistry is 16.39, Science is 16.38, PNAS is 14.88 (please note that PNAS is the journal for the National academy of science for the US).

If you dont know how IFs are calculated and why they are important then dont be ashamed to ask. Olodo.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Christianity is only growing in backwards countries. You say atheists are fools. 64% of Japanese do not believe in God. Without Japan, you wouldnt be using your toyota, sharp or sony products. Yet you are willing to call atheists fools.

Again the senseless conflation of completely disparate entities. It is not atheism that made Japan what it is today abut the single-minded pursuit of intellectual excellence. The only similarity between you and 64% of Japanese is that you dont believe in God... that is where it all ends. For all your disbelief in God... what intellectually renowned achievements have you earned? undecided
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Yes, a paper published by the Royal Society is a joke. One of the most prestigious science organizations in the world.

http://royalsociety.org/about-us/

Yawn again... note that this fellow makes ZERO attempt to use actual science to defend his position. His "argument" consists of only 3 things...

1. Make a baseless claim

2. When challenged, produce some obscure speculative report from some backwater journal and shout "here... deny it".

3. When challenged again he cries and goes to produce the society from where the journal appeared.

The only defense he has is that since some "scientists" said it, then it must be true. So much for "logic".
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 1:47am On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

Again the senseless conflation of completely disparate entities. It is not atheism that made Japan what it is today abut the single-minded pursuit of intellectual excellence. The only similarity between you and 64% of Japanese is that you dont believe in God... that is where it all ends. For all your disbelief in God... what intellectually renowned achievements have you earned? undecided

Do you think that i'm uneducated? lmao!

I did not conflate anything. The point remains that you can not call atheists fools when you use their products and when you wouldnt have the balls to call majority of a whole nation "fools" to their faces.

Just give up. You are not making sense on this thread.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Do you think that i'm uneducated? lmao!

I did not conflate anything. The point remains that you can not call atheists fools when you use their products and when you wouldnt have the balls to call majority of a whole nation "fools" to their faces.

Just give up. You are not making sense on this thread.

I didnt know that religious groups can now lay claim to inventions... most of which are based on fundamental principles of science developed by religious men and women hundreds of years ago. Yeah dude, i know you are quite the illiterate blowhard.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 1:56am On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

Yawn again... note that this fellow makes ZERO attempt to use actual science to defend his position. His "argument" consists of only 3 things...

1. Make a baseless claim

2. When challenged, produce some obscure speculative report from some backwater journal and shout "here... deny it".

3. When challenged again he cries and goes to produce the society from where the journal appeared.

The only defense he has is that since some "scientists" said it, then it must be true. So much for "logic".

Huh? Zero science? You made the unscientific claim that human transitional fossils did not exist. I showed you journals and a google searh that brought up numerous journals on transitional fossils.

1) You made the baseless claim (n transitional fossils)

2) When provided with a science journal, you ridicule it. When shown the source of the journal (Royal society) you ridicule it. The Royal Society is actaully one of the oldest if not the oldest scientific organisation in the world. You're ignorant about your own field of study.

3) did you also ignore the article from "Nature" on transitional fossils? Didnt you say that Nature is one of the best resources for scientists?

There are numerous journals on human transitional fossils. You have been exposwed as a fake biologist. You are such a liar and a fraud
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 1:59am On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Huh? Zero science? You made the unscientific claim that human transitional fossils did not exist. I showed you journals and a google searh that brought up numerous journals on transitional fossils.

1) You made the baseless claim (n transitional fossils)

2) When provided with a science journal, you ridicule it. When shown the source of the journal (Royal society) you ridicule it. The Royal Society is actaully one of the oldest if not the oldest scientific organisation in the world. You're ignorant about your own field of study.

3) did you also ignore the article from "Nature" on transitional fossils? Didnt you say that Nature is one of the best resources for scientists?

There are numerous journals on human transitional fossils. You have been exposwed as a fake biologist. You are such a liar and a fraud

If you calmed down long enough to read your own posts you might be able to spot the incoherence therein. But then that would be like expecting the sun to shine at 2am.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 2:01am On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

I didnt know that religious groups can now lay claim to inventions... most of which are based on fundamental principles of science developed by religious men and women hundreds of years ago. Yeah dude, i know you are quite the illiterate blowhard.

Religious groups?

You're not making any sense. Who mentioned "inventions". I said "products".

You keep arguing irrelevant nonsense. The fact remains that you can not use atheists products and call them fools.

Many founding scientists were atheists as well. Many nobel prize winning scientists are atheists.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 2:02am On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

If you calmed down long enough to read your own posts you might be able to spot the incoherence therein. But then that would be like expecting the sun to shine at 2am.

Dumbazz, the sun does shine at 2am in certain places. Fake scientist
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 2:03am On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

lol.....nice try to deviate....you lied about transitional fossils!
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 2:05am On Aug 02, 2012
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Religious groups?

You're not making any sense. Who mentioned "inventions". I said "products".

You keep arguing irrelevant nonsense. The fact remains that you can not use atheists products and call them fools.

Many founding scientists were atheists as well. Many nobel prize winning scientists are atheists.

and those "products" developed out of thin air right? they werent built on principles developed by others centuries ago right? I suppose without the theory of gravity you could successfully build an aircraft no? Oh dear... wisdom is wasted on a fool.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 2:11am On Aug 02, 2012
Another scientific journal

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 2:14am On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

and those "products" developed out of thin air right? they werent built on principles developed by others centuries ago right? I suppose without the theory of gravity you could successfully build an aircraft no? Oh dear... wisdom is wasted on a fool.

Irrelevant.

Fact remains that you cant use atheists products and call them fools.

As for Gravity, Einstein and Newton. One wasnt a religious man.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Irrelevant.

Fact remains that you cant use atheists products and call them fools.

As for Gravity, Einstein and Newton. One wasnt a religious man.

Daft. Atheist products? Why are you using the white man's products too? Seriously virtually all the scientific breakthrough we have today has come from whites not black monkeys like you. You are just another in a long line of deluded folks who think dumping religious belief has elevated you to the level of your white gods.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 8:26am On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

Daft. Atheist products? Why are you using the white man's products too? Seriously virtually all the scientific breakthrough we have today has come from whites not black monkeys like you. You are just another in a long line of deluded folks who think dumping religious belief has elevated you to the level of your white gods.

lololololol......and the racism comes out. You call atheists fools, yet youuse their products. I dont call white people fools. Epic fail.

Furtermore, there are scientific breakthroughs by Arabs that happened before the enlightenment of Europe.

As for blacks, while we havent been much involved in the scientific breakthroughs, more and more blacks are becoming scientists. By the way, read on thomas edisons black assistant.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

lololololol......and the racism comes out. You call atheists fools, yet youuse their products. I dont call white people fools. Epic fail.

Furtermore, there are scientific breakthroughs by Arabs that happened before the enlightenment of Europe.

As for blacks, while we havent been much involved in the scientific breakthroughs, more and more blacks are becoming scientists. By the way, read on thomas edisons black assistant.

racism where? I'm black like you so what are you blathering about?

What is this nonsensical "atheist product" you seem to be bleating about?
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 9:06am On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

racism where? I'm black like you so what are you blathering about?

What is this nonsensical "atheist product" you seem to be bleating about?

Your "uncle tomliness" is racism enough. Calling me and other black atheists "black monkey"

You use sony products from Japan? Guess what? It's run by atheists in Japan. How do I know this? My muslim room mate was the assistant to two high ranking japanese managers. One was the reigional manager for Asia.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Your "uncle tomliness" is racism enough. Calling me and other black atheists "black monkey"

You use sony products from Japan? Guess what? It's run by atheists in Japan. How do I know this? My muslim room mate was the assistant to two high ranking japanese managers. One was the reigional manager for Asia.

those atheists are asian. why dont you go buy your own black-made electronic products?

See i wasnt doing an uncle tom, just showing you how intellectually bankrupt your argument is. See... to the typical white or asian atheist... you are just another in the long line of inferior black people who should be removed from their countries to your jungle in Africa... you think they care that you dont believe in God too?
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 9:16am On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

those atheists are asian. why dont you go buy your own black-made electronic products?

See i wasnt doing an uncle tom, just showing you how intellectually bankrupt your argument is. See... to the typical white or asian atheist... you are just another in the long line of inferior black people who should be removed from their countries to your jungle in Africa... you think they care that you dont believe in God too?

lol.......now you're adding Asian? Before it was white only grin grin grin grin

Inferior blacks? Wow, uncla tom much?
[size=18pt]
Why not address the transitional fossils? You want to escape? Admit it, you were caught lying about biology![/size]
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Areaboy2(m): 10:04am On Aug 02, 2012
you seem to be loosing it as each day goes by dylan undecided.

the Egyptians actually were the first to start using mathematics extensively. back then, Europeans were still running around in sheep clothing, gathering food and foraging. lol

Europeans are good at stealing ideas and making it better. good example is Jagdish Chandra Bose the Indian that first demonstrated wireless transmission in Calcutta. Only for Marconi to steal the idea and patent it.

With your style or reason, I see why Logic calls you a quack biologist undecided
davidylan:

what point are you trying to make here? That atheists are racists too?. what has that got to do with the existence or non existence of your god?
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by UyiIredia(m): 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
I only know of Purist.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by 1Sharon(f): 1:56am On Aug 18, 2017
Logicbwoy:
I have notice the decline in christians posting here on the religion forum. Many of the old guys have left. I am suspecting that some of the them got frustrated at the increasing number of atheistic posts while some have actually been swayed by the arguments against their religion.

I am wondering if some of the people converted to atheism are too ashamed to come and admit it after some of them have been attacking atheists.

jackbizzle tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simple Ritual Practices To Win Cases, Favour, Have Self Denfence, Etc. / Reasons We Female Atheist Don't Come Out / To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.