Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? (3978 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight / Paul Ado Bayero: Kano Emir's Grandson Who Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 8:37am On Jul 30, 2012
I have notice the decline in christians posting here on the religion forum. Many of the old guys have left. I am suspecting that some of the them got frustrated at the increasing number of atheistic posts while some have actually been swayed by the arguments against their religion.

I am wondering if some of the people converted to atheism are too ashamed to come and admit it after some of them have been attacking atheists.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2012
Logicboy, don't you think your atheistic crusade is getting just a tad bit too much? I know the fight to liberate humanity from religious bigotry and close-mindedness is one that must be fought, but you're giving us atheists a bad name. You're making us sound like desperate christians and muslims. #NoHate
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by dalaman: 9:11am On Jul 30, 2012
Logic boy is an evangelical atheist.

1 Like

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 30, 2012
Logicbwoy: I have notice the decline in christians posting here on the religion forum. Many of the old guys have left. I am suspecting that some of the them got frustrated at the increasing number of atheistic posts while some have actually been swayed by the arguments against their religion.

I am wondering if some of the people converted to atheism are too ashamed to come and admit it after some of them have been attacking atheists.
By winning souls for atheism(as you claim),are you not guilty of what you accuse the religionists of doing?
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:51am On Jul 30, 2012
There are Religious folks with the Atheists Gene as there are Atheists with the Jesus-Freak Gene grin grin grin
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 11:07am On Jul 30, 2012
SimonAndal: Logicboy, don't you think your atheistic crusade is getting just a tad bit too much? I know the fight to liberate humanity from religious bigotry and close-mindedness is one that must be fought, but you're giving us atheists a bad name. You're making us sound like desperate christians and muslims. #NoHate

lol.....crusade ke? I just asked a simple question. Have ever seen me peddling books or quoting Richard Dawkins?

Although, I have to admit that I do sometimes get too zealous in bashing religion
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 11:09am On Jul 30, 2012
Reyginus: By winning souls for atheism(as you claim),are you not guilty of what you accuse the religionists of doing?

1) There is no evidence for souls. Probably dont exist
2) Have you ever seen me providing atheist books? I dont care if someone is an agnostic or deist.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 11:10am On Jul 30, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: There are Religious folks with the Atheists Gene as there are Atheists with the Jesus-Freak Gene grin grin grin

Epic fail.

Every christian is a Jesus Freak. Try and insult Jesus to their face
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2012
Logicbwoy:

1) There is no evidence for souls. Probably dont exist
2) Have you ever seen me providing atheist books? I dont care if someone is an agnostic or deist.
It didnt sound like a question.It's more of a polite form of mockery.You never expected any of your converts to comment.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:19am On Jul 30, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Epic fail.

One thing though, you won't get your throat slashed for insulting Jesus - I dare you to try it (Prophet Mo i.e) on the Islam Section . grin grin grin tehehe he hehe
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 30, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Epic fail.

EPIC FLAW
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 11:23am On Jul 30, 2012
Reyginus: EPIC FLAW

Epic non-rebuttal
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by brainpulse: 11:41am On Jul 30, 2012
Logicbwoy: I have notice the decline in christians posting here on the religion forum. Many of the old guys have left. I am suspecting that some of the them got frustrated at the increasing number of atheistic posts while some have actually been swayed by the arguments against their religion.

Not frustrated, but too busy to start replying uninteresting posts, same line of thoughts, same recycled topic and ideology, and constant sarcastic comments. All these could make an old woman busy doing nothing

1 Like

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 11:44am On Jul 30, 2012
brainpulse:

Not frustrated, but too busy to start replying uninteresting posts, same line of thoughts, same recycled topic and ideology, and constant sarcastic comments. All these could make an old woman busy doing nothing

Probably....seems the only interesting thing on NL is TB Joshua
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by engrtee(f): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
No no no. I think the christian have resorted to preaching in other places becus they think atheist have polluted this section
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
engrtee: No no no. I think the christian have resorted to preaching in other places becus they think atheist have polluted this section

Why are you using the word "pollute"?

You think you christians dont pollute this section with your tithing frauds and "end of the world" conspiracies?
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by tpia5: 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
a cry for help @ topic

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by tpia5: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by tpia5: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2012

1 Like

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2012

Awww someone has noticed that fewer and fewer folks are responding to his idiocy? grin

Look the truth is this:

1. Far fewer christians are posting here because they realise it has become a pointless exercise particularly with the proliferation of ignorant, obstinate, mentally lazy individuals who just bleat - "religion bad, atheism good... baa baa" every 2 secs.

2. Its boring... its the same mindless rehashing of debunked, frankly laughable, inane talking points. Nothing new, nothing stimulating... we do have jobs you know.

3. Everyone at some point gets tired of responding to immature little children who abuse their limited access to the PC to make a fool of themselves.

1 Like

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
davidylan:

Awww someone has noticed that fewer and fewer folks are responding to his idiocy? grin

Look the truth is this:

1. Far fewer christians are posting here because they realise it has become a pointless exercise particularly with the proliferation of ignorant, obstinate, mentally lazy individuals who just bleat - "religion bad, atheism good... baa baa" every 2 secs.

2. Its boring... its the same mindless rehashing of debunked, frankly laughable, inane talking points. Nothing new, nothing stimulating... we do have jobs you know.

3. Everyone at some point gets tired of responding to immature little children who abuse their limited access to the PC to make a fool of themselves.
i seem to recall a thread that read "davidylan says sorry".apparently the flu led to that delusion and with its disappearance,you're back to you real,christian-like self

5 Likes

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
Delafruita:
i seem to recall a thread that read "davidylan says sorry".apparently the flu led to that delusion and with its disappearance,you're back to you real,christian-like self

What i seem to recall here is that for many of you, "insults" = anything that does not agree with your over-inflated opinions of your own selves. Read my post again... where have i insulted the OP? Calling out his posts for what they are - inane jumble of meaningless words is not an insult but a fact. Calling him out for the intellectual immaturity he shows in most of his threads is a fact not an insult. Have you looked up the meaning of the word "idiocy" either... over here in the US it is not regarded as a personal insult.

So go figure. I would typically not dignify self-righteous pontificating from individuals like you with a response but sometimes some clarity is needed for others who might be reading.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
davidylan:

What i seem to recall here is that for many of you, "insults" = anything that does not agree with your over-inflated opinions of your own selves. Read my post again... where have i insulted the OP? Calling out his posts for what they are - inane jumble of meaningless words is not an insult but a fact. Calling him out for the intellectual immaturity he shows in most of his threads is a fact not an insult. Have you looked up the meaning of the word "idiocy" either... over here in the US it is not regarded as a personal insult.

So go figure. I would typically not dignify self-righteous pontificating from individuals like you with a response but sometimes some clarity is needed for others who might be reading.
i am not suprised.if that post is the christian model for "what would jesus do" then i'd say you're simply following in the footsteps of "your lord".didnt he whip some folks for "selling in his father's house' and then use adjectives like "sons of vipers" on the sinners he supposedly came to save.its no wonder they didnt even listen to him.
seems any adjective,no matter how inane it sounds,is allowed when its applied to the "heathen".thats why words such as swines,heathen,ungodly,hellbound,gentiles,satanic etc are frequently used by the "followers of christ"

4 Likes

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by DeepSight(m): 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
davidylan:

Daffidi! You norr fit change o!

2 Likes

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
davidylan:

Look the truth is this:

No need to respond. Delafruita has already put you in your place.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
Delafruita:
i am not suprised.if that post is the christian model for "what would jesus do" then i'd say you're simply following in the footsteps of "your lord".didnt he whip some folks for "selling in his father's house' and then use adjectives like "sons of vipers" on the sinners he supposedly came to save.its no wonder they didnt even listen to him.
seems any adjective,no matter how inane it sounds,is allowed when its applied to the "heathen".thats why words such as swines,heathen,ungodly,hellbound,gentiles,satanic etc are frequently used by the "followers of christ"

Again let me point out 2 key issues you're missing...

1. you're DELIBERATELY conflating "facts" to mean "insults". Being a christian does not mean sitting around having others walk all over you while meekly surrendering yourself to their manipulations. Many of you muslims and atheists have mastered the dishonest act of using misleading propaganda and malicious manipulation to do unto others what you complain loudly about when they extend same to you.
When Christ called the pharisees the "generation of vipers", it was not a curse... it was simply the TRUTH.
So when i say that logicboy's posts are mostly a confused jumble of words... it is not to insult him but to simply state the truth.

2. Ungodly = without god... ditto for heathen or gentile... how is that an insult? undecided Atheists have a field day refering to us as illogical, unable to utilize reason, ignorant about science... and YET hypocrites like you ignore such blatant unflattering language only to moan that someone has tagged you a "heathen"? Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
Deep Sight:

Daffidi! You norr fit change o!

Bros, just putting these fellows straight abeg.

1 Like

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
Logicbwoy:

No need to respond. Delafruita has already put you in your place.

Yeah you really should not respond. Much of what you say is immature nonsense. If not that the internet is now free for all, your likes should be in class trying to get a bachelors degree rather than misusing your half-baked high school "knowledge" to try to act like you know anything.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
davidylan:

1. you're DELIBERATELY conflating "facts" to mean "insults". Being a christian does not mean sitting around having others walk all over you while meekly surrendering yourself to their manipulations. Many of you muslims and atheists have mastered the dishonest act of using misleading propaganda and malicious manipulation to do unto others what you complain loudly about when they extend same to you.
When Christ called the pharisees the "generation of vipers", it was not a curse... it was simply the TRUTH.
So when i say that logicboy's posts are mostly a confused jumble of words... it is not to insult him but to simply state the truth.

2. Ungodly = without god... ditto for heathen or gentile... how is that an insult? undecided Atheists have a field day refering to us as illogical, unable to utilize reason, ignorant about science... and YET hypocrites like you ignore such blatant unflattering language only to moan that someone has tagged you a "heathen"? Na wa o.
going by your analogy,it wont be out of place to call you an infidel.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
davidylan:

1) So you ignore all the tithing scams, end of world theories that christians do to on nairaland to accuse atheists of misleading propaganda? You that were denying transitional fossils that are accepted by most scientific journals? Dont you have any shame? A biologist denying evolution, denying transitional fossils?

2)What about "immoral"? What about militant, devils, fools?
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
davidylan:

Yeah you really should not respond. Much of what you say is immature nonsense. If not that the internet is now free for all, your likes should be in class trying to get a bachelors degree rather than misusing your half-baked high school "knowledge" to try to act like you know anything.

What? Unlike you, I excel at my field in business. Most of my posts are filled with facts. I back up my statements.

You claim to be biologist yet you deny transitional fossils. Shameless
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
Please, Davidylan, tell me again how human transitional fossils are fraudulent, when there is evidence to the contrary;

www.nairaland.com/attachments/689321_Australopithecus_png_2_png46b327f702ce4cd6eb0a064f73bd612a

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tithe not working , please help / Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' / Reachout Nigeria Rhapsody Of Realities 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.