Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? (3987 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight / Paul Ado Bayero: Kano Emir's Grandson Who Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 31, 2012
Delafruita:
going by your analogy,it wont be out of place to call you an infidel.

I dont remember ever complaining about that. I could care less to be honest.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 31, 2012
Logicbwoy:

1) So you ignore all the tithing scams, end of world theories that christians do to on nairaland to accuse atheists of misleading propaganda? You that were denying transitional fossils that are accepted by most scientific journals? Dont you have any shame? A biologist denying evolution, denying transitional fossils?

2)What about "immoral"? What about militant, devils, fools?

1a. What are you bleating about? the only reason most christian threads talking about tithing dont get a lot of christian input is thanks to obdurate souls like you who derive no greater pleasure than destroying entire threads to push your poisonous but intellectually empty drivel. Go search this section, there are MANY old threads discussing these issues indepth... back in the day when we had mature atheists who understood that you didnt derail threads out of malicious intent.

1b. You cited ONE journal and all of a sudden decided that evolution was accepted by "most" scientific journals? Have you no shame?

2. Those are mere words... if you think God doesnt exist then why are you bothered? I dont care if muslims call me a keferi... water off ducks back. Could it be you foam in the mouth when called immoral because deep down you do know that your life isnt straight with God?

Millitant? Isnt that an apt description of your brainless raging bull in a china shop attitude to everything on the religion section?

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 31, 2012
Logicbwoy:

What? Unlike you, I excel at my field in business. Most of my posts are filled with facts. I back up my statements.

You claim to be biologist yet you deny transitional fossils. Shameless

You indeed sir, are a monumental joke. As for the joke of a paper you have posted there... most serious molecular biologists have probably never heard of it. I suppose you know that the top journals for biologists is Nature, Science, JBC, MCB e.t.c.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by nyameke: 7:11am On Jul 31, 2012
All jokes aside any NL " Christian" who converts to atheism based on these frivolous arguments and statements spewed by these harebrained so called atheist "intellectuals on here must definitely not be a real Christian in the first place .. I mean some of their so called logical reasoning are a joke really ..
Are you kidding me there is actually only one or two atheist on here that make sense with their drivels.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 8:37am On Jul 31, 2012
davidylan:

1a. What are you bleating about? the only reason most christian threads talking about tithing dont get a lot of christian input is thanks to obdurate souls like you who derive no greater pleasure than destroying entire threads to push your poisonous but intellectually empty drivel. Go search this section, there are MANY old threads discussing these issues indepth... back in the day when we had mature atheists who understood that you didnt derail threads out of malicious intent.

Start providing the evidence to back your accusations that I derail threads because of malicious intents. You dont have any because a) you cant read my mind b) you will never post a link to such a comment from me.

As for tithing scam, its funny how you're denying that christians dont push this misleading propaganda. also like how you ignored the propaganda of the end of the world conspiracies put by christians. Lets also ignore the conspiracies/propaganda that nairaland christians put that you would never find an equivalent in atheism;

-Celebrities in illuminati wprshupping of devil; Jay-z, Kanye, Lady gaga etc (My best christian conspiracy)
-TB Joshua predicting batman shooting (after being caught editing the prophecy tapes)
-Obama is anti-christ
-Gay people are destroying america

Keep saying that atheists are misleading people when your christians are the ones promoting nonsense that have no basis in reality.

davidylan:
2. Those are mere words... if you think God doesnt exist then why are you bothered? I dont care if muslims call me a keferi... water off ducks back. Could it be you foam in the mouth when called immoral because deep down you do know that your life isnt straight with God?

Millitant? Isnt that an apt description of your brainless raging bull in a china shop attitude to everything on the religion section?

Mere words? Remember when your fellow christians used to torture people for mere words?

What does your bible teach you bout the tongue,hypcrite?

Do you think people like being called fools or devils? You think it is fun being insulted?

You're such an evil christian without any morality. You defend insulting people. Shameless
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 8:48am On Jul 31, 2012
davidylan:
1b. You cited ONE journal and all of a sudden decided that evolution was accepted by "most" scientific journals? Have you no shame?

Lol....see this quack biologist? Do you assume that there is only one journal on transitional fossils? See how you play deceptive tricks to deceive your christian followers?

A simple google scholar search shows that there are 11000 results for australopithecus from 1995-2012. All results are journal articles or books

www.nairaland.com/attachments/773031_Davidylan_fail_pngca9a364d92caa5e67dd7b7de16b57d9f
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2012
davidylan:

You indeed sir, are a monumental joke. As for the joke of a paper you have posted there... most serious molecular biologists have probably never heard of it. I suppose you know that the top journals for biologists is Nature, Science, JBC, MCB e.t.c.

Yes, a paper published by the Royal Society is a joke. One of the most prestigious science organizations in the world.

http://royalsociety.org/about-us/

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 9:07am On Jul 31, 2012
nyameke: All jokes aside any NL " Christian" who converts to atheism based on these frivolous arguments and statements spewed by these harebrained so called atheist "intellectuals on here must definitely not be a real Christian in the first place .. I mean some of their so called logical reasoning are a joke really ..
Are you kidding me there is actually only one or two atheist on here that make sense with their drivels.

Can you explain some of these illogical arguments by atheists?

Here are a few by your fellow christians

-There is evidence for God (Intellectual christians have moved past this lie)
-Rihanna and Jay-z are illuminati (when there is no evidence for such)
-Flooding the whole world and killing most people (if it happened) would not be genocide
-Incest is bad but it was ok for Adam and Eve's children to do it.

You have no standing to call any atheist "illogical"
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 9:15am On Jul 31, 2012
davidylan:

Here is an article from Nature on the australopithecus afarensis;

http://www.nature.com/news/ancient-human-ancestor-had-feet-like-an-ape-1.10342

You are so shameless. Keep denying the transitional fossils. Anyone can see that I have debunked you.

Where is your scientific journal showing that macro evolution is a fraud?
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 11:46am On Jul 31, 2012
davidylan:

I dont remember ever complaining about that. I could care less to be honest.
well,then i'd device many more "appropiate" adjectives
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 11:49am On Jul 31, 2012
nyameke: All jokes aside any NL " Christian" who converts to atheism based on these frivolous arguments and statements spewed by these harebrained so called atheist "intellectuals on here must definitely not be a real Christian in the first place .. I mean some of their so called logical reasoning are a joke really ..
anyone who continually accepts and practices a fabricated religion despite overwhelming evidence to support the fabrication,is either ignorant,a f.ool or both.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 11:57am On Jul 31, 2012
davidylan:

1.personally,i am not satisfied with the supposed "evidence" for evolution having occured.i wont accept a theory simply because it disproves the fairytale the bible teaches.people make the mistake of assuming an atheist has to be an evolutionist and thats wrong.
2.personally i dont take those adjectives personal.however,therez a lot of peeps that do.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Areaboy2(m): 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
LOL!! I came late! but after reading thru, I need not add much. Logic and Dela have just sent david back to his place lol. That will keep him away again for a few days. Then he'll be back with the same arguement. "No transitional fossil". Again he gets debunked and disappears

Some weird form of amnesia. Strange guy undecided

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2012
Area_boy: LOL!! I came late! but after reading thru, I need not add much. Logic and Dela have just sent david back to his place lol. That will keep him away again for a few days. Then he'll be back with the same arguement. "No transitional fossil". Again he gets debunked and disappears

Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by cyrexx: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2012
^^^
LOL

what he lacks in logic, he makes up for with ad hominien
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
Man have been trying for years to prove christain a fruad yet it keep growing. If the gosple is hid( fruad) it is to them that are lost eho the god of the world( satan) has blind fold. The bible say '' a fool say in his heart there is no God''
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2012
Area_boy: LOL!! I came late! but after reading thru, I need not add much. Logic and Dela have just sent david back to his place lol. That will keep him away again for a few days. Then he'll be back with the same arguement. "No transitional fossil". Again he gets debunked and disappears

Lmao
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
Mee234: Man have been trying for years to prove christain a fruad yet it keep growing. If the gosple is hid( fruad) it is to them that are lost eho the god of the world( satan) has blind fold. The bible say '' a fool say in his heart there is no God''

Christianity is only growing in backwards countries. You say atheists are fools. 64% of Japanese do not believe in God. Without Japan, you wouldnt be using your toyota, sharp or sony products. Yet you are willing to call atheists fools.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2012
Mee234: Man have been trying for years to prove christain a fruad yet it keep growing. If the gosple is hid( fruad) it is to them that are lost eho the god of the world( satan) has blind fold. The bible say '' a fool say in his heart there is no God''
you seriously think xtianity is growing?lets analyse
as at 325AD when christianity became the official religion of the roman empire,it was a religion whose adherrents were regarded as lunatics.constantine garnished the religion by mixing it with mithraism which he used to practise.he replaced mithra with yeshua,replaced ahanita with mary,gave names to the disciples and started to compile a holy book.by the fifth century,christianity became a major religion whose influence was spread via brutal wars.with the advent of islam in the middle east,the influence of xtianity was reduced in the region.when the spread of islam began,the papacy decided to wage the "crusades" to repel them.one crusade wasnt enough,and the subsequent 6 also werent effective.despite its colony of india,the british was unsuccessful in replacing buddhism with christianity.it couldnt even penetrate china.of the 7billion people in the world,only 2billion are christians with almost one-third been catholics.christianity is on a downward spiral
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by nyameke: 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
Delafruita:
anyone who continually accepts and practices a fabricated religion despite overwhelming evidence to support the fabrication,is either ignorant,a f.ool or both.
1. I know for a fact that Christianity is not fabricated.yes there have been a additions and subtraction here and there I'm the bible to confuse the masses which most of you have fallen for, but the message is clear enough for even a fool to understand ..

2. But The biggest fool of all is one who says in his heart my supposedly creator has not shown himself to me so therefore he does not exist.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by DeepSight(m): 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2012

I don't see how the extracts logicboy cited support his contentions.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2012
Deep Sight:

Wait? What?

My posts do not show that human transitional fossils exist? What are you trying to say? That scientists do not support human evolution?
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Areaboy2(m): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
Deep Sight:

Oh come on! not you too cry. I have more respect for you than dylan.

Don't let me down mate undecided
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by cyrexx: 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
Area_boy:

i think its family issue,
ever since father deepsight has disowned his beloved son, logicboy, everything his former son says is rejected, even when he makes sense. just my opinion

cheesy cheesy
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by truthislight: 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2012
Logicbwoy: I have notice the decline in christians posting here on the religion forum. Many of the old guys have left. I am suspecting that some of the them got frustrated at the increasing number of atheistic posts while some have actually been swayed by the arguments against their religion.

I am wondering if some of the people converted to atheism are too ashamed to come and admit it after some of them have been attacking atheists.

O no!
Poor you!
with all your effort on NL none of your convert agreed to come forth?

Pls, HERE I AM A CONVERT OF LOGICBWOY! > TRUTHISLIGHT<

yes! You have made it.

Logicbwoy: I have notice the decline in christians posting here on the religion forum. Many of the old guys have left. I am suspecting that some of the them got frustrated at the increasing number of atheistic posts while some have actually been swayed by the arguments against their religion.

I am wondering if some of the people converted to atheism are too ashamed to come and admit it after some of them have been attacking atheists.

O no!
Poor you!

yes! You have made it.
yea!
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2012

yawn. You must all be so "proud" of urselves that your posts are what make me "disappear"... i work and travel pretty much every 4-5 days... severely limiting my ability to adequately respond to the idiocy that passes for posts from many of you "transitional fossil" charlatans.

I'll be available for a bit today to take on logicbwoy's silliness.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

why dont you just let the fellow wallow in his own self-induced psychosis? grin Seriously i think these guys are so blind they cant even see the gaping holes in their own desperate arguments.

Area_boy:

Do you even read logicbwoy's posts? Or you just sit there cheering on post volume?
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2012
davidylan:

yawn. You must all be so "proud" of urselves that your posts are what make me "disappear"... i work and travel pretty much every 4-5 days... severely limiting my ability to adequately respond to the idiocy that passes for posts from many of you "transitional fossil" charlatans.

I'll be available for a bit today to take on logicbwoy's silliness.

Abeg, try and deny the existence of human transitional fossils. Or are you fellow human biologists liars? Or is it that you're a quack biologist that is paid to travel around spreading creationist babble?
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by TheOP1(m): 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
truthislight: cheesy

O no!
Poor you!

yes! You have made it.

O no!
Poor you!

yes! You have made it.
yea!

Hey there!!! Do not underestimate the influence of the many thought provoking arguements and information from this forum. Many a reader prefer to just read the various points of views without commenting.

I wouldnt say i am a new atheist convert but the info here have made me wear SKEPTICAL GOGGLES when viewing religion.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by truthislight: 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2012
The OP:

Hey there!!! Do not underestimate the influence of the many thought provoking arguements and information from this forum. Many a reader prefer to just read the various points of views without commenting.

I wouldnt say i am a new atheist convert but the info here have made me wear SKEPTICAL GOGGLES when viewing religion.
you really do need to put on double glasses when viewing religion,
but that religion has gone wrong does not refute the existence of God.

Are you saying that Jesus that said that there will be false prophet did not belief in the existence of God?
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by UyiIredia(m): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
Another logicboy special. I'm waiting for the day he (logicboy) will rest on his oars.
Re: Have Some Nairaland Christians Been Converted To Atheists? by Logicbwoy: 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Another logicboy special. I'm waiting for the day he (logicboy) will rest on his oars.

lol.......why not enjpy my threads rather than wait for the end?

Is There Any Amount Of Evidence That Would Change Your Views? / Reasons We Female Atheist Don't Come Out / Simple Ritual Practices To Win Cases, Favour, Have Self Denfence, Etc.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65