Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Does He Really Want To Marry Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does He Really Want To Marry Me? (5071 Views)

Poll: He wants to marry me:

Yes: 25% (2 votes)
No: 75% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

What Women Really Want / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Sirop(f): 5:10pm On Dec 13, 2007
Does this man really want to marry me?

Not more than four months ago and any chance he gets this man asks me "when will we get married", "when will I get pregnant" and things like "when will I wake up next to him every night"? Well, I will do want all these things with this man I wanted them YESTERDAY. The only thing is that he need to meet my parents so things can be official, you think that would be easy! Ha! not at all.

As i am writing this now, I'm realizing that this man is not serious at all.

But he has not shown me any type of commitment. I do all those little cute things to show him how much I care for him and blah blah blah. But yet he stalling on meeting my parents but then he parades around to all his friends that I'm his Princess, I'm a good woman and how his Princess is coming to town for the holidays. He introduces me to his friends as his wife and all that cute stuff that us women love when a man show us off and I enjoy that and it blows my head up making me feel good.

He is taking this thing as a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship and I want a husband/wife relationship PERIOD.

The strong minded women out there please help me with your opinions.
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 13, 2007
Why don't you try confronting him on the matter. Tell him you want to get married. It's either he makes up his mind or he should forget the relationship. You certainly sound like someone that wants to get married, tell him to stop wasting your precious time. Have this serious conversation with him and you also be serious on the issue. Don't let him deceive you with sweet talk. He has to come up with a substantial reason he's delaying meeting your parents, otherwise, to the left, to the left according to Beyonce's irreplaceable.
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Nautillus(m): 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2007
I dont think he's very sinsere. i advise you thread with caution. undecided
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by ifyalways(f): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2007
how long have you known this guy?
his friends that he takes you to and introduce you to them as his wifey and princess,are they married friends or single ?
is the man gainfully employed?i mean is he financially stable and ready for marriage now?

i advice you to thread with care and caution here.you have already said it,he to you, seems not to be serious so make yourself unserious with him too BUT
if you really love him and his the type of guy that you wud love to marry,sit him down and talk with him.

GOODLUCK girl kiss
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by zignor(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2007
I enjoy that and it blows my head up making me feel good.

And you still need advice tongue tongue tongue
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Seun(m): 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2007
I don't think he wants to marry you. Calling you "princess" is just another stale toasting technique.
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Sirop(f): 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2007
Well, ifyalways, I've known him for 7 months we've been dating for the last three. His friends are both married and single. He is financially stable for marriage and he seems mentally ready as well.

And I want this man, ifyalways! My bones want him.

I'm going to sit him down this Christmas and talk to him,
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by zignor(m): 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2007
And I want this man, ifyalways! My bones want him

lmao grin grin grin
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Sirop(f): 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2007
Zignor, you make it seem so easy. You must be a man. wink
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by zignor(m): 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2007
Sirop:

Zignor, you make it seem so easy. You must be a man. wink

my dear, I exactely know how you feel about this grin

Anyway,make sure you sit him down, look straight into his eyes, call him sweet name and say to him . . .pls do your job!
I assured you, he will do it grin
You will come to me and testify wink

zignor is cool cool cool cool
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by ettehgate(m): 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2007
Sirop:

Well, ifyalways, I've known him for 7 months we've been dating for the last three. His friends are both married and single. He is financially stable for marriage and he seems mentally ready as well.

And I want this man, ifyalways! My bones want him.

I'm going to sit him down this Christmas and talk to him,

anoda broda in trobu
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Sirop(f): 3:13pm On Dec 14, 2007
Zingor, if i tell him to do his job he will jump on me and I will not stop him. And of course after that moment or a couple days afterwards we will have to come back to the realization of the relationship and the same question will come up "does he really want to marry me"
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by jkpretty(f): 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2007
@Poster,

Look if he's all that u say he is then i don't think he intensions are genuine, Look when a man is serious with a girl, yes friends may know but his family comes first to his mind, he takes u straight to his parents, & introduces u to his siblings.

He's got all it takes to settle down, so what is he waiting for, & he still goes around calling u princess with no action. Now this is not the amount of outings u go together or how much he spends on u. When a guy is indeed serious there is a way they go about it. A guy may say he loves u & u are his everything, but will never allow u anywhere near his family. Even if u've visited his family home, if he did not introduce u to them, its still nothing.(atom of an unserious guy)

We had an occasion and we were showing my uncle my cousin's girlfriend, The man just said "well he hasn't introduced her to me, even though if seen her with him" That was really a "wow!" to me, cos indeed we knew it wasn't a serious relationship.

Girl ask ur guy questions dat will shake him, tell him u are not ready for any Dog & Cat dumbo thing. If a guy meets someone he intends marrying he knows from the word "Go". Its only in few cases that things are different. Don't take excuses from him. have u met his parents? Has he introduced u? Why should he be running from meeting ur parents? Ur mum is usually the first they want to meet. They want to meet the person that gave birth to u. Boy! girl he's not serious.
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by ettehgate(m): 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2007
why is it that a guy can't date a babe without the babe asking for marriage?
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by zignor(m): 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2007
"does he really want to marry me"

Infact, he doesn't want to marry you . . .but want you as a sex partner sad
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Seun(m): 3:23pm On Dec 14, 2007
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by ettehgate(m): 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2007
then they should be ready to hear NO from the guys
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Sirop(f): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2007
Thank you jkpretty! wink You really got my mind in gear, Thank you.

Zignor - we haven't' engaged in the act yet but, I'm ready!

ettehgate - Because this babe is ready for marriage.

The ironic thing about it all is that when he proposed to date me (lack for better words) he told me that he didn't want to be my boyfriend. He wants a wife. So ettehgate he came to me with this marriage thing. Him not even knowing I wanted to be in a committed relationship.
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by ammamat(f): 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2007
@sirop guys are very trickish, I dont know if that is the right word to use or not but what I have to say is that just try all you can to tell him to stop taking a seriouse matter to be unseriouse okay, You are a lady shine your eye, never settle for anything less, let him see you perent and stop going around telling his friends. And by his act you might be confuse because you might not really be able to read his mind.
I pray for God to give you wisedom to beable to handle this matter very well.
I cant wait to hear the bell ring,
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by zignor(m): 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2007
I can't wait to hear the bell ring,

And yours, my dear grin grin grin
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by metro(m): 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2007
since he was d one that proposed marriage and not boyfriend /girlfriend thing you may have to make him sit up. I have a friend who just got married this 03/11/07 he met the girl 4 months b4 the marriage and told her he was out for marriage it was the girl who put the pressure on him
dear sirop somtimes it works that way give a litle pinch up dont lose faith,
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by saucekid(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2007
i am hearing wedding bells in the making

your bones want him my a$$,this is pure female hormones talking
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Sirop(f): 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2007
metro - how are things with your friend ex. are they happy?

I agree saucekid and that's why i'm asking for advice.
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by saucekid(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2007
ok poster,take a very cold shower and while doing that,ask urself if you really want him

*when fully convinced,go to him,look him in the eye and ask the same question*
if he cant look you in the eye/stammers when replying you,then i suggest you dont do anything you'll definitely regret

DA SAUCE cool cool cool
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by iniovosa: 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2007
smileyactually ,u asked for a serious minded woman,but heres a serious minded guy.
sorry girl but he wont marry u.u didnt say how much u are sleeping with this guy.
but for the fact that he doesnt want to see ur parents,shows clearly beyond avery reasonable doubt that this guy wont marry u because he doesnt want to be known by ur parents.and the reason he might be saying all that about u being his wife is because maybe u have talked to him before about marriage and doesnt want u to bored him with all that or maybe he just wants u to feel good.take care, and good luck.
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2007
ettehgate:

why is it that a guy can't date a babe without the babe asking for marriage?
Do you know how old she is?
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by SweetT1: 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2007
@Poster

Look here baby, let me ask you a question. Has this man been to your Konko below before ? If he hasn't, that might be the reason why is saying all those things to you. Wait till he get's to your Konko below and that's when his eyes go open. Then you will ask him when he will meet your parents ? And he will reply by saying " For what?". Open your eyes sweetie and don't give in to deciets.
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Ebaby2: 3:22am On Dec 16, 2007
He is not going to marry you grin grin grin!!!!!!!!!close case

And you are happy just because he's calling you "Princess", lol you are bugging my friend. The guy is not even calling you his Queen or the one with the key to his heart, his woman, or lady.

Anway it's obvious this bobo isn't ready to settle down, or can't you read btw the line. lol princess ko princess ni grin grin
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by Jezzy(f): 6:25am On Dec 16, 2007
Beware,my dear girl.Be wary of men that show you off only to their friends and never to family.
This one you say you are ready to give your cookies and that your bones want him,nhia,be very careful.Since you want a commitment from him,7 months is time enough for him to know if you are the one he wants to marry.

Btw,you do realize that as he is shadowing you and showing you off,he's blocking your chances of meeting someone else?Other guys that might be interested see both of you all the time and think you have been spoken for.Talk to him and find out what is slowing him down.Good luck and hold onto your cookies!
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by bjibola: 11:15pm On Dec 16, 2007
Sirop:

Thank you jkpretty! wink You really got my mind in gear, Thank you.

Zignor - we haven't' engaged in the act yet but, I'm ready!

ettehgate - Because this babe is ready for marriage.

The ironic thing about it all is that when he proposed to date me (lack for better words) he told me that he didn't want to be my boyfriend. He wants a wife. So ettehgate he came to me with this marriage thing. Him not even knowing I wanted to be in a committed relationship.

my dear do not be deceived, If he came to you saying he wants to play with u, will u answer him. Guys instinctively know want we want. Dude just read u, and told u what he knows you want to hear.
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by ogrebuga(m): 11:39pm On Dec 16, 2007
babygirl, the guy is scared of being tied down. Tell him you're leaving him or something that might scare him and make him think, he might tell you to have a nice life lipsrsealed or he might propose to you cheesy (i hope)
Re: Does He Really Want To Marry Me? by PTH(m): 11:55pm On Dec 16, 2007
i'm not sure if he will marry you or not but one thing you need to be careful about . . . if he is playing pranks instead of meeting ur parents then make absolute sure you close ur legs. The minute you give in to him pls say goodbye to marriage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? / Help My Girlfriend Is Pregnant... / My Fate My Destiny*7*8*9*10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.