Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2091012 Views)

Lightening Products / Best Skin-Lightening Cream / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by joudini(m): 7:14am On Sep 22, 2013
They got you brainwashed till the point you 'whitening' your skin, blind to the truth, you can't see the beauty within.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Chicolee(f): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2013
Pls where can I get original UV crystal whitening lotion in Asaba, Onitsha or Enugu
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by bknight: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2013
joudini: They got you brainwashed till the point you 'whitening' your skin, blind to the truth, you can't see the beauty within.

I can't even waste a pity on these wannabes angry
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by joudini(m): 9:02am On Sep 24, 2013
bknight:

I can't even waste a pity on these wannabes angry

Homie, sometimes l think we should not let it confuse us why it feels like the system has beaten us. We don't have the most fundamental understanding of the system. We have allowed ourselves to literally have our minds tied up by white liberal news media which does its very best to continually make us feel like a victim. We have been conditioned to abhor, despise and disdain our own skin and kind. We have mentally digested this to the point that we embody this down to our very soul. . .mehn, let me stop here. . .this shît is mighty depressing.

2 Likes

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by green24: 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
House pls where do you think I can get original HT26 product
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Chicolee(f): 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
joudini: They got you brainwashed till the point you 'whitening' your skin, blind to the truth, you can't see the beauty within.

lol. I guess you gat xray
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by joudini(m): 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
Chicolee:

lol. I guess you gat xray

There is beauty in every person, most importantly the beauty within. Forgive my asking, why do you think people want to 'whiten' their skin?
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Chicolee(f): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2013
joudini:

There is beauty in every person, most importantly the beauty within. Forgive my asking, why do you think people want to 'whiten' their skin?

The same reason 'people' fix hair extension, artificial eyelashes, put on make up and wear stylish clothes. We are still under the influence of colonization and seriously you can't judge people who decide to lighten their skin because itz just like telling an African you can't red or gold hair etc just because we naturally have black hair. Unless you still wear the traditional outfits of our ancestors, you can't judge them because even the type of clothes we wear, we copied from the white. It's a free world, don't tag skin lightening as inferiority complex, it is not, it is a matter of choice. This is the 21st century for Pete's sake. People ought to be more open minded.
Even white people do tanning so they won't look so pale, will you say they ain't proud of their natural complexion?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by joudini(m): 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
^^ There are so many things wrong with your assertions, though a summary from me should suffice. First, stop confusing superficial beautification with skin bleaching. They are magnitudes apart.

Slavery, segregation, apartheid and colonialism as you rightly said instilled self hatred in non white people because it robbed them of self worth and value. It has conditioned them to hate themselves for many centuries. Then why do you want to identify with these people who put you and your kind through severe physical, emotional and psychological abuse? Why do you consciously go through damaging effects of skin bleaching? So you can be like people who put your kind thru all these? Can't you see it's a vicious cycle?

Frantz Fanon said skin bleaching is a severe mental illness due to the effects of the 'alienation of the existential self'. It is a severe form of self hatred. You want to be like people, who at no point in history, want to be like you. You compare their tanning under the sun to get less pale with your carcinogenic chemical preparations that make you look like hurriedly exfoliated reptiles.

You are educated but you choose to believe that your ideal beauty lies in the 'whiteness' of your skin. That doesn't describe someone who has any sort of critical thought.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Chicolee(f): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
The enlightened ones all know that there are very healthy, safe and natural products/procedures used in skin lightening which solves some skin problems like hyperpigmentation, melasma, vitiligo etc
In this century, anyone can decide to change their skin tone, the fact that fair skin is preferred to dark skin doesn't mean dark skin is inferior. It's just a matter of choice.
The so called whites also borrow from our culture because if you recall correctly being skinny used to be the order of the day but now most of their popular celebrities eg Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez etc are leaning towards the curvy body shape. We Africans are the ones associated with having a curvy body, now everybody wants to have that kind of body. What does that tell you?
No culture survives on it's own, we borrow from others and they borrow from us too. Can you compare the risk of the surgeries most white women undergo to look curvy to that of skin lightening?
Seriously, stop with the 'holier than thou' ish...

21 Likes

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by joudini(m): 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
^^ The enlightened (pardon my pun) ones know the tone of their skin (whether black, brown, yellow, green, polka dot etc) doesn't determine their self worth and value.

In your search for straws, you bring up skin diseases. Why do you and your kind bleach? You all have all these skin diseases? Are these what the manufacturers tell you are the benefits of skin bleaching? Can you now understand your hypocrisy?

Webster dictionary defines bleaching as "to make white by taking out colour by exposure to the action of chemical preparation". Go on google, wikipedia, american scientific and medical journals and enlighten yourself about the severe danger of bleaching (or you can use your favourite euphemism 'lightening'). These are knowledge the manufacturers are hiding from you. Like willing guinea pigs and laboratory mice mutants, you offer these exploitative colonialists ample evidence that the blackman will do anything to look like the whiteman even if it means killing his skin.

Do you know none of those celebrities you listed are white? And who told you 'thickness' is an exclusive preserve of black people? This is what happens when people allow themselves to literally have their minds tied up by white liberal news media which does its very best to continually make you feel like a victim.

The only reason l am worried is hoping the epidemic that will arise down the years owing to the full deployment of these carcinogenic chemicals won't be a burden, blight and drain on the nation's health and social resources.

7 Likes

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Chicolee(f): 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
You are too presumptuous for my liking. I won't waste any more of my time arguing with a hypocritical low life like you. At the end of the day, what anyone does to their skin is none of your business but if you really want make it your business, you are on your own.
As for me, I can decide to bleach my skin till I have a causatian skin tone. We don't share the same skin. I'm aware of the consequences of unhealthy skin bleaching and I don't indulge in such. I take care of my skin any way I deem fit so next time you want to start a sermon on 'the beauty that is within' you damn well start your own thread. From your assumptions in your last post, I can see you don't possess an atom of inner beauty, so go bark somewhere else and allow us , 'the guinea pigs and lab rats' to do our stuff.

11 Likes

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Damilo2010: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hello sweeties.i wanna know if anyone know,has seen,used or is aware of e45 shower cream with egg yolk and goats milk.i purchased one days back.buh couldnt find it on their website.pls help me confirm.attached is d pic.tnx.

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by babyapricot: 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
It's true I've used orabella products, their products are very nice and they attended to me as if I'm one big girl..

2 Likes

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by anangboy(m): 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2013
Who do you see when you look in the mirror? . . .A reflection of your insecurities.

1 Like

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by babyaida: 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hi ladies and gents.
I'm new here.I have a few things for sale so let me know if ur interested.
Facial peels: 30 and 60% lactic acid peels
Lotions: lactica acid 12% lotion
Sunscreens: aveeno spf 85 and neutrogena spf 45 and 110
Hair oils: wild growth hair oil
Acne creams: skin obsession acne stop, clean and clear persa gel
Soaps: kojie san soap
Supplements: glutathione pills, alpha lipoic acid, vitamin c,n acetyl cysteine
And a few others.
Send an email if ur interested residentdoc1@gmail.com
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Toyindebbie: 12:37am On Oct 03, 2013
Hi y'all! I'm an esthetician with success in treating people's skin effectively. I make custom skin care cosmetics and also provide online training! I always advice that we all have a rudimental knowlege about our skin and products to use. To purchase my products, ask questions about your skin or get basic, professional or diy training, please send a mail to ibiyemidebbie@yahoo.com or add 2a83fd7e

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by dontgivafuck: 9:21am On Oct 15, 2013
babyaida: Hi ladies and gents.
I'm new here.I have a few things for sale so let me know if ur interested.
Facial peels: 30 and 60% lactic acid peels
Lotions: lactica acid 12% lotion
Sunscreens: aveeno spf 85 and neutrogena spf 45 and 110
Hair oils: wild growth hair oil
Acne creams: skin obsession acne stop, clean and clear persa gel
Soaps: kojie san soap
Supplements: glutathione pills, alpha lipoic acid, vitamin c,n acetyl cysteine
And a few others.
Send an email if ur interested residentdoc1@gmail.com
please do u have salicylic acid peels? It is urgently needed
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by menme: 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
Bauldrere: Clearism egg yolk cream + a French oil peel.3 shades in 2months.i don't think i can do without this...

Please where do you buy these in lagos?thanks
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by SassyPearl(f): 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
A fair day to you all,my aimable friends. Please who has used / is using Pr. Francoise Bedon (Paris / Lait Eclaircissant) Carotte Lighting Body Lotion here. Am (75%) fair skinned. I started using Clear Essence fade creme (cup) late last combined with fashion fair creme (tube) after the body treat lotion (blue pack) mixed with fashion fair (tube), i used for over 10yrs started acting up. At first, it (clear essence) was cool on me, but after five cups, i noticed that i was getting dark. So i started surfing the internet for any suitable tone creme/hydroqunino free . And blemmy!, i settled, and bought Pr. Francoise Bedon carotte lighting body lotion. I want to know if it will help clearup/tone my now tanned skin,back to it,s original form. I am not satisifed with it,s online explaination by the product manifacturers "who go say him malee soup no sweet". You can agree with me,that no producer will talk down it,s product. So i want an unbiased testimony in this context. You are all blessed.

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Iyaoloja(f): 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2013
Damilo2010: Hello sweeties.i wanna know if anyone know,has seen,used or is aware of e45 shower cream with egg yolk and goats milk.i purchased one days back.buh couldnt find it on their website.pls help me confirm.attached is d pic.tnx.

Hello Dami, that is proper fake. Olay, Jergens, QEI+, Dove do NOT make such items. Even the Queen Helen Egg Yolk is very fake. If you want to purchase a lightening body wash, Alpen Goat Milk Body Bath with Whitening Formula is quite good and made by a Canadian company especially for Nigeria's market.
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Iyaoloja(f): 3:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
SassyPearl: A fair day to you all,my aimable friends. Please who has used / is using Pr. Francoise Bedon (Paris / Lait Eclaircissant) Carotte Lighting Body Lotion here. Am (75%) fair skinned. I started using Clear Essence fade creme (cup) late last combined with fashion fair creme (tube) after the body treat lotion (blue pack) mixed with fashion fair (tube), i used for over 10yrs started acting up. At first, it (clear essence) was cool on me, but after five cups, i noticed that i was getting dark. So i started surfing the internet for any suitable tone creme/hydroqunino free . And blemmy!, i settled, and bought Pr. Francoise Bedon carotte lighting body lotion. I want to know if it will help clearup/tone my now tanned skin,back to it,s original form. I am not satisifed with it,s online explaination by the product manifacturers "who go say him malee soup no sweet". You can agree with me,that no producer will talk down it,s product. So i want an unbiased testimony in this context. You are all blessed.

Carrot is a good ingredient in skin lightening products. PR Francoise sells well in our stores, for some, it works well enough, for some it does not. I would categorize it as in the same level as QEI+ Carrot or Q7 Carrot. They all work well in gradual process, you could also invest in buying the serum to add to the lotion for night use, and you would get a much better result. You should also give it at least 2 weeks before seeing the results you want.
I would advise that if you live in a tropical country like Nigeria, it would be best you use it at night only, instead use a Sun Protective lotion during the day. You should also use face cream separate from the body lightening lotion, we'e found that some women tend to have facial skin discoloration when they use their body lotion for their face. Lastly, make sure to an exfoliating body bar, you'll find that the skin in more susceptible to lightening if it has been prepped properly.

Remember to always use sun block during the day around your parts open to the sun, if not, your lightening process might be a waste of time.

3 Likes

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
Iyaoloja:

Carrot is a good ingredient in skin lightening products. PR Francoise sells well in our stores, for some, it works well enough, for some it does not. I would categorize it as in the same level as QEI+ Carrot or Q7 Carrot. They all work well in gradual process, you could also invest in buying the serum to add to the lotion for night use, and you would get a much better result. You should also give it at least 2 weeks before seeing the results you want.
I would advise that if you live in a tropical country like Nigeria, it would be best you use it at night only, instead use a Sun Protective lotion during the day. You should also use face cream separate from the body lightening lotion, we'e found that some women tend to have facial skin discoloration when they use their body lotion for their face. Lastly, make sure to an exfoliating body bar, you'll find that the skin in more susceptible to lightening if it has been prepped properly.

Remember to always use sun block during the day around your parts open to the sun, if not, your lightening process might be a waste of time.
Pls help me recommend a good sun protective lotion. Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ and God bless u
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by ImaMmakara(f): 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
Helo iyaoloya, i wnt to ask hw good is Q7 carrot oil lotion with it's serum and soap, does it really lighten the skin.
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Iyaoloja(f): 2:38am On Oct 20, 2013
nwaribe:
Pls help me recommend a good sun protective lotion. Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ and God bless u

Hello, for a sun protection in Nigeria, a broad spectrum (uva + uvb) starting from SPF15 is good. We sell a lot of our Bio Balance SPF50 (UVA/UVB) - https://www.iyaoloja.com/shop/pharmacy-health-beauty/skincare/waterproof-sunblock-spf50-detail

If you're interested in knowing more about Sun protection, you could read a blog article on our site that discusses more about it.
https://www.iyaoloja.com/gist/entry/say-wetin-which-one-be-spf
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Iyaoloja(f): 2:42am On Oct 20, 2013
Ima Mmakara: Helo iyaoloya, i wnt to ask hw good is Q7 carrot oil lotion with it's serum and soap, does it really lighten the skin.

Hello, I really do not know your skincare history, so I can not assure you on how effective it will be for YOU. On it's own, Q7 is a good skin lightening product. When used with it's serum and exfoliating bar, you should get an even better result. In my opinion, it is more or less the same as QEI+ carrot, at a lowered price. So if you've had good results from QEI+, then Q7 should yield the same results. Also make sure to buy the original of it just to avoid wahala.

1 Like

Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by estilo(f): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2013
cryPls help!!! Have been using Skineal on my face over a year, recently someone told me it has steroid in it so I stopped using it. Now my face is 10x darker, rough and am also left with terrible sunburn cry ....
I don't want to go back to it and also don't want to bleach my skin.
Please what can I do to get back my normal glowing skin? am fair in complexion

Thanks in advance
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Iyaoloja(f): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2013
estilo: cryPls help!!! Have been using Skineal on my face over a year, recently someone told me it has steroid in it so I stopped using it. Now my face is 10x darker, rough and am also left with terrible sunburn cry ....
I don't want to go back to it and also don't want to bleach my skin.
Please what can I do to get back my normal glowing skin? am fair in complexion

Thanks in advance

Skineal is best for short term skin treatment, not prolonged use for issues like eczema and so on (4 days max!). Usually, it stops working after over use, so I'm surprised it worked for you. To help with your sunburn + lightening issue, you should start with Black Opal's Maximum Fade System. In this set, you get a day brightening cream with spf, an exfoliating soap, and a face gel to clear your sun burn at night. No Black Opal is not just for black people incase you were going to ask. This set should last you for about 2 months. By the time you are done with it, you skin should be noticeably brighter and even. (https://www.iyaoloja.com/shop/pharmacy-health-beauty/skincare/maximum-strength-fade-kit-detail)

At this stage you may decide to continue with in order to maintain you skin complexion, or decide to get much lighter. If you want to get even lighter, then you can try Xtreme Brite ( https://www.iyaoloja.com/shop/pharmacy-health-beauty/skincare/lightening-cream-1-76oz-detail) face lightening cream after the Black Opal.

In comaprison to skineal, both these products cpst a bit more, but if used the way describes you should get a good result. I find that when people start their lightening process with stronger products, their skin end up discolored. Starting with the Black Opal is safer and more even.
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by estilo(f): 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
Iyaoloja:

Skineal is best for short term skin treatment, not prolonged use for issues like eczema and so on (4 days max!). Usually, it stops working after over use, so I'm surprised it worked for you. To help with your sunburn + lightening issue, you should start with Black Opal's Maximum Fade System. In this set, you get a day brightening cream with spf, an exfoliating soap, and a face gel to clear your sun burn at night. No Black Opal is not just for black people incase you were going to ask. This set should last you for about 2 months. By the time you are done with it, you skin should be noticeably brighter and even. (https://www.iyaoloja.com/shop/pharmacy-health-beauty/skincare/maximum-strength-fade-kit-detail)

At this stage you may decide to continue with in order to maintain you skin complexion, or decide to get much lighter. If you want to get even lighter, then you can try Xtreme Brite ( https://www.iyaoloja.com/shop/pharmacy-health-beauty/skincare/lightening-cream-1-76oz-detail) face lightening cream after the Black Opal.

In comaprison to skineal, both these products cpst a bit more, but if used the way describes you should get a good result. I find that when people start their lightening process with stronger products, their skin end up discolored. Starting with the Black Opal is safer and more even.

Thanks so much I really appreciate. I kinda av phobia for anything gel and whatever has hydroquinon but I will try it just to get my complexion back.

Pls can you put me through on how I can buy the black opal on ur website? Have tried to but it seems am not getting it right.

Thanks
Re: Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. by Iyaoloja(f): 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
estilo:

Thanks so much I really appreciate. I kinda av phobia for anything gel and whatever has hydroquinon but I will try it just to get my complexion back.

Pls can you put me through on how I can buy the black opal on ur website? Have tried to but it seems am not getting it right.

Thanks

Sorry about the problem faced. Please send me your phone number at info@iyaoloja.com and I will try as much as possible to make the process easier.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.