Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Talking About 'Asa' - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Talking About 'Asa' (8439 Views)

Lyrics From Once Bitten Twice Shy On 9ice's Album, Who Is He Talking About? / What Do U Think About Asa / What Can You Say About Asa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talking About 'Asa' by benedo(m): 9:35am On Dec 17, 2007
Yeahh ASA, hmmm, the first track i heard from her was eiye adaba almost a year ago on radio(rythm 93.7) very early one morning aroud 5.30am and i listened to this babe, and i got goose pimples all over my body followed by anuther all over bodybeautiful feeling ,man! that babe can siiiiinnnnnng!i heard fire on the mountain on radio too,GREAT!however i saw the album in traffic around maryland, but the print of the cd sleeve made me a little bit skeptical about buying it, dont worry guys the album will soon be on the streets, i have personally waited for this album for over a year now so i'm still waiting.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by TerrySoft(m): 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2007
grin grin

I think the best someone can do here is give us a link to her site. I need to have a glimpse of this character as i'm considering a future with her. grin grin grin

Help!!!! who is ASA
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Carlosein(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2007
Asa is the Lady that stole my heart with her songs. we are all in chains and gloriously so.
oh i love her songs sooooooo much.

here is a link someone put up:
http://www.naive.fr/sites/asa/?lang=en
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by bioye(m): 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2007
lawyerchap:

[size=25pt]And where can we get the album?[/size]It's not in stock at any of the biggest media stores

in Naija and it's definitely not yet on the streets, so where did y'all get your copies?
I got the CD at the junction of Sanusi Fafunwa with Akin Adesola on V.I.  I have a fair belief that it is an original.

TerrySoft:

grin grin

I think the best someone can do here is give us a link to her site. I need to have a glimpse of this character as i'm

considering a future with her. grin grin grin

Help!!!! who is ASA
Her websites are: asamusic.net, myspace.com/asaofficial, naive.fr/sites/asa.

I like all the songs.  My favourite is Awe followed closely by Iba.  My least favourite for now is Subway. 

I listen to Awe and the characters suddenly come alive like an oil painting, like a theatrical performance in slow motion each character's face becoming clearer each time I listen to the song.  Not only is the CD the best I purchased this year but the best I've purchased ever.

In a moment she morphs into Macy Gray then she's Desiree (No one knows tomorrow) then she's Dido (Subway) then she's Angelique (Iba).  In a moment, she's singing Soul then it's Reggae then it's folk.  From the cultural perspective, she seems to be the next level after Fela, Lagbaja and Beautiful Nubia.

chychy:

Have not heard Asa's album only d song "fire on the mountain" n i thot it was

cool but TY Bello? Hell no!!!!!!!!!

Apart from greenland and funmise, what else is good about that album. Besides, there is no harvest when the land is green,

I agree with you, T Y Bello is nowhere comparable to this gem of a lady - maybe Fela, maybe Lagbaja
Aṣa, mo kira fun mama rẹ!
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by TerrySoft(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2007
bioye:

Where can you get the CD? I got the CD on the junction of Sanusi Fafunwa with Akin Adesola on V.I. I have a fair belief that it is an original. Her websites are: asamusic.net, myspace.com/asaofficial, naive.fr/sites/asa.

Every song is sooo good. My favourite is Awe followed closely by Iba. My least favourite for now is Subway. I listen to Awe and the theatrical characters play in my head each time getting clearer. Not only is the CD the best I purchased this year but the best I've purchased ever.

In a moment she morphs into Macy Gray then she's Desiree then she's Dido then she's Angelique. In a moment, she's singing Soul then it's Reggae then it's folk.

You seem to hve know so much about her, please don't take her away from me or else grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks for the information, i'm listening online already! grin grin
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by hola2ng(m): 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2007
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by abbgstar(m): 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2007
The best, Another genius is being unearthed! Her voice is so real u can "feel" it and then it lingers on in your mind rtefreshingly.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by ogrebuga(m): 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2007
ASA's cool. Reminds me of corinne bailey rae
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by showbobo(m): 12:27am On Dec 18, 2007
i'm listening to the album right about now.i bought it for 70bucks at alaba.its cool anyway
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by lailai2(m): 2:50am On Dec 18, 2007
the album is tooooooooooo mad. al d tracks

got my copy in traffic on the island, i'll be on d lookout 4 ny original version cos its a classic album. i rily love her
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by choco4life(m): 5:32am On Dec 18, 2007
The Album is off the chizzle,
I listened to the "fire on the mountain" track
and could not stop drooling.

Asa is a talent.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by timimaybac(m): 8:26am On Dec 18, 2007
men this girl is killin me, her voice, her words, i gotta say everytime i hear any of her songs im blown away by her depth. still lookin for her album, pls peeps hola @ me wen its out abeg.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by lawyerchap(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2007
Asa is undoubtedly a world class talent, but she is by no means alone. Apparently there is a whole slew of these talented youg women out there repping Naija to the max. There's Nneka who you can watch here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXMTtOS-oKg as well as Ayo who you can watch here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_laMjmR5nM

and here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYzrYXRGWkU

and here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTdw2HjOr-Q

There's still a couple of them out there who i've only heard of but haven't really heard their music. As soon as i do, i'll let y'all know.

And Ty Bello doesn't even come close to any of these ladies. These are musicians, not singers aided by studios and software.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Lola4eva(f): 8:56am On Dec 18, 2007
Asa is the bomb, i love "fire on the mountain", which is the only song ive listened to on her album, but from the great reviews ive read here, ive got to get the album fast.

Someone mentioned lara george, i think she's talented too, i heard her version of the song "ijoba orun" and i was too impressed, her voice is awesome.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by benedo(m): 9:39am On Dec 18, 2007
ahemm yes asa is phenomenal, but abeeegi no funny comaprison with fela, lagbaja, even femi, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, when you want to compare, you can compare her with ty bello, lara george, maybe even funmi davies,((their mama) but comparing asa with these guys, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz they are parallel lines and the guys above are true masters and they have proven their mettle with albums, sold out concerts both within and outside nigeria, lets go softly with the comparison.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by suze(f): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2007
yesssssss! ASa is gooooD!1 Shes got such a lovely and unique voice and she sure knows how to sing. The first time i heard fire on the mountain, i didnt even know it was a nogerian song

Nigerians dont really appreciate her songs enuf.She is of international standard.Shes unique and Its her kind that win grammies.

That her fire on the mountain video too is da bomb! Good quality video
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by acheini: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2007
Talented is an understatement for Asa. She is here to stay. People should buy her cd looking for free downloads off the internet.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by software(m): 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2007
she's cool
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by lailai2(m): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2007
asa nd ayo are ahead d game for me. i'll try to listen 2 some f d other ladies mentioned if nairalanders say they are also good.

for those who havent got the album, u can get it in most of the traffic situations which im sure u happen to be every now n then(lagos people). try not downloadin at least this time
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by seyiabd(m): 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2007
i think that lady is smthg else. one of the few deep singers we have arounr here. check out her counternance when she,s singing, she sings sincerely and spiritually, closing her eyes and making u want to believe what she,s singing. her lines are RICH & thought provoking, I wish she,ll open a school of "asaism" so other singers can appeal better to our individual musical souls. Her songs really appeal 2 me,quenches my thirst musically , Truly I`AM A CRUDE FAN. my thumbs are high up for Asa
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Seun(m): 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2007
she sings sincerely and spiritually, closing her eyes
I can also do that!. wink
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by edgecution(m): 6:07pm On Dec 18, 2007
ASA ASA ASA .go on U are SIMPLY THE BEST!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by layemmy(m): 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2007
that chick is really talented bet you cant get tired of listening to the album.
from jailer to iba.
the tracks are fantastic.

if you dont have it you are really missing
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Fadajasi(m): 12:24am On Dec 19, 2007
Can someone pls upload the album tracks for us all,u can try sharemobile.ro
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by abdulogah: 2:09am On Dec 19, 2007
I agree with u guys shocked
She is the boooomb cool
Cac u imaging standing on the road to listen to one of her songs kiss
Awo,God bhelp me tongue tongue
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by delejames(m): 11:26am On Dec 19, 2007
My favourite Tracks:No one knows,jailer,Eye Adaba,Bi ban ke.i listen to them 24hrs non-stop.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by ruemu(m): 11:55am On Dec 19, 2007
simply beautiful
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by 9ja4eva: 8:13pm On Dec 19, 2007
Classic
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 19, 2007
Seun:

I can also do that!. wink

You made me laugh grin grin grin
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by ejunkie(m): 12:49am On Dec 20, 2007
I got my copy of Asa's album last week and right now a lot of people (co workers n neighbours included) wuld love to have the CD burned (but they still love it non the less). Its been a while since a Nigerian CD totally blew me to bits.

Her Lyrics are quite reflective, soul wrenching atimes. I must say shes makes proud, what we have left of our nation. Her album gives us solace for the windy n tough everyday life , hope for a better future, and comedy like no other.

My favourites are Bibanke, Eye, Awe, jailer, fire on the mountain, so beautiful, Iba, and subway (about the whole album shey grin)

I implore you to get your copy of her awesome 'must win awards' CD. Merely owning a copy makes you feel quite proud of it. Even if you don't understand some of the yourba lyrics you sure would love the music (plus she's got interpretations on http://www.asamusic.net)

She truly is a great one somewhere btwn Lauryn Hill, macy gray, n Jill Scoot.

Right now, My fantasy is to have her perform a song with Jill scott, it sure would bee a killer! kai!!
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Christino(m): 8:55am On Dec 21, 2007
Asa is an all time favorite and the lyrics to "Fire on the mountain" are more than hot. Party addicts won't appreciate her anyway, just people who love QUALITY music.

Go girl.

TY Bello and Ayo are good too, but lyrically, don't test Asa.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by sect(m): 9:30am On Dec 21, 2007
Christino you're very right,party addicts wont like her music,asa's music is for those who love quality music and not club banging songs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

50 Cent Expressed Disappointment And Have Had A Change Of Plans / Tekno - Only One (official Video) / Adekunle Gold – Money (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.