Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,274 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Talking About 'Asa' - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Talking About 'Asa' (8443 Views)

Lyrics From Once Bitten Twice Shy On 9ice's Album, Who Is He Talking About? / What Do U Think About Asa / What Can You Say About Asa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talking About 'Asa' by bocin500(m): 10:39am On Dec 21, 2007
guys n girls will there ever be enough talking bout asa?i mean u guys wont me to come to lagos just to get asa's cd?i am a big fan of naija music n all that in fact there is hardly ever any naija album i dont have in my collection.i reside in lagos but right now im in ph n cant seem to get my hands on it but as it seems now,i wont rest untill i get it
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by seunspice(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2007
i must say Asa and TY Bello are the best Nigerian Musicians i have listened to this outgoing year. They have the talent and definitely bring out the 'FUNK' as well as have specific messages for every song. I hope they wont be one hit wonders and Nigerians and Africans celebrate them like we would celebrate foreign artistes. These SISTAS are hot. One Love
did i say that? smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Kentus(f): 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2007
Asa is so good she leaves me ecstatic every time I listen to her songs. so soothing,

You can get her CDs from street vendors at N150.00 and at NuMetro for N600.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by edgecution(m): 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2007
Guys , i got her CD 3 weeks ago and u know what ,i always have it with me everywhere i go. I crazy about this babe oooooooooooooo.help me. I av listen to it more than 1000 times now and i am not sure if thats going to stop. grin grin grin
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by lynxnoon(m): 11:23pm On Dec 21, 2007
Kentus:

Asa is so good she leaves me ecstatic every time I listen to her songs. so soothing,

You can get her CDs from street vendors at N150.00 and at NuMetro for N600.
Na wah oh can somm1 tel me d diff btw CDs frm d street n dos in Numetro?
Well i know street vendors sell original naija CDs shocked shocked shocked
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Ifeniyi22(m): 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2007
Asa and Ayo are my top 2 female singers with Ty bello coming up after them. 'Fire on the mountain' in my view is Grammy material.I truly hope that the song gets the reward and award that it deserves.Go ladies
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Wordsmith(m): 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2007
Got her album yesterday. Shit was banging better than nymphos. Asa mos definitely tops 'em all like bottle corks. We need talented musicians like her. . .enough of 'em club bangers.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by senetee(m): 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2007
After listening to all the crappy news e.g corrupt politicians, armed robbery attacks and weaving through the crazy traffic around town, all i yearn for at the end of a tough day is to listen to cool, soothing voice of Asa.

I hope her material is being promoted in western countries in fact all over the world.

I believe the album is world class. . . To club jams folks, please take out time to listen to at least the first 3 tracks.
warning - u will be hooked.

Can u imagine how addicted i am- i'm outta town now n i can only listen to the cd via my car player n that is a primary motivation for driving around just because i want to listen to her.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by deezzle(m): 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2007
Kudos to the indivisual that started this thread. It is obvious that even with the bombardment we get from the so called nigerian music stars (with all their mwningless songs that makes u wanna puke) we got a breath of fresh air from Asa's latest CD.
I dont wanna sound like a crazed fan but i dont start my day without " Ojumo ti mo".
It is a sho of pure talent, this new album. All the songs are lovely and sensible. I meanm, all the songs in the album.
I have a regret though, i met the great AsA once at the Palms early last year and got an autograph which i have turned my house upside down without finding.
Please if anyone knows how i can contact her, i will be highly appreciative.
She is the best thing that happened to music for me this year.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by bayoduala: 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2007
To me, Asa is the best in Nigeria. Her style is very simple and unique. I can't think of anybody in Nigeria that has similar style. The album comprises of very nice tracks; my favourites are 360 degree and bibanke.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by edgecution(m): 11:38pm On Dec 24, 2007
All day long ,i no fit tire for this genius. Everywhere i go na Asa for life o.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 25, 2007
I love ASA too always have, she recorded most of these songs some 4-5 years ago cos i've watched her perform them live
I saw the album on the streets too but i was a bit sceptical--- i want her to get the cash not some pyrates

and I think TY bello's album is great too but greenland's not my fav'rite

But this thread is abt ASA

GO GIRL!!!
U'VE EARNED IT
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by coolkaboom(m): 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2007
i loved this album so much.i was blown away by d video of 'fire on d mountain' but i was not prepared for the beautiful array of sounds on the entire CD.it was a friend's come-chop and song after song, she continued to take me to even higher levels.in fact, i must confess,i borrowed d cd (no call am stealing, i'll return it if they ask me).it hasn't left my car deck since then.

ASA 4 president.o le nu gan
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by savesoul(m): 8:38pm On Dec 25, 2007
She is Da Bomb!!!
Got the CD for 120 Naira cool
(hope its not too cheap?)
She deserves 4 Grammy awards,
Her voice makes me think of love grin
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by FBS: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2007
yeah, she is recieving some good waves, she is permanently on Trace TV, cheesy
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by sect(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2007
These are the kind of artists that truly deserve the mtv's,mobo's,channel o's and grammies not overrated artists like 2 and koko master.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by namzo(m): 6:37pm On Dec 28, 2007
sect:

These are the kind of artists that truly deserve the mtv's,mobo's,channel o's and grammies not overrated artists like 2 and koko master.

I totally agree with u. All d tracks in the album r great. Watched d video of 'fire on the mountain'. Great!!!
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by powerofmap(m): 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2007
grin She's a bomb and I wonder why Artist like Dbanj would win EMA where Asa dey, Naija ppl would only give hype to music without a message.

All the tracks are gr8t that I can't stop playing it everyday.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by edgecution(m): 12:08am On Dec 31, 2007
still waiting for other videos
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by dove22(f): 8:57am On Jan 02, 2008
she is hot.but the issue here is that naija female singers are not celebrated here in naija
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by powerofmap(m): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2008
9ja ppl celebrate Sasha so why would an Artist like Asa not Celeberated? Na Wa o!
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by gidig(m): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2008
A few months back, a radio deejay friend of mine asked that I should come and listen to an artiste that she had become hooked on. Incidentally, I had seen the artiste on television at a women's event somewhere in Lagos. I was very eager especially since I rarely listen to the radio these days. For weeks I overplayed 'Eye Adaba' and 'Iba' that my colleagues were sure something was wrong with me. I told them this is real talent here.

It was sometime last month that another friend that I had introduced this artiste to called me-all so excited- that the artiste's album is out. I knew she had left the record company she was associated with along with Cohbams but I went to my Cd seller who told me all her copies had sold out that same. He asked who the lady was= who is this Asa sef?

The next day, I was in his shop to pick up my copies. Alas! there were two types; a white and and blue coloured CD-which is originally hers and a Red one released by the company she was in dispute with. I bought the Blue and white one. I wanted to be on her side! Since I had 'Eye Adaba' and 'Iba' in my head, I knew she had worked on them since the record company (question Mark) failed to release the master tape of her first album.

The CD is out and it is only 150 or thereabout. It is the original. Nigerian Artistes dont market those expensive Cds anymore to beat pirates and make money straight away. No pirate will 'pirate' a 150 naira Cd. that is why our artistes can now but houses and cars. In the past, they used to put a more expensive price on their works which pirates reproduce at lower rates and sell. Now, the pirates are compelled to pay for the artistes works and sell.

Asa is the artistes that I have warned my friends about. This is Music. I am loving every track. its work that has gone into her album. This is Music. I loved 'Awe' so much. TY Bello is also good. They are the first Nigerian artistes whose works I bought that I really love practically all the tracks.

Buy the Blue and White CD. I have listened to both. She worked on the Blue and white album and it is purer i terms of production. Besides, I really think money for the Red one will be going to the Question mark people who have been fighting a lot of people- including their artistes. All the lies about how they signed Cobhams and Asa to international record deals were mere hypes.

I dont mean to digress but In think you all got my point! If you love great music, get Asa's album!
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Nmeka(m): 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2008
i havent seen or heard d album but i have a ferw of her songs and i think i am convinced dat she is indeed a star already made, i think she deserves an award outsyd d shores of africa coz her music is out of this continent and is d type of music dat sets d soul on fire, gud 4 her.
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Mustay(m): 8:08pm On Jan 02, 2008
lyrically powerful artiste kiss
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by lailai2(m): 3:51am On Jan 03, 2008
o feel u gidig
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by OEPHIUS(m): 6:57am On Jan 03, 2008
after kelvin luciano almost ruined her career i did not think she would come out this strong but i stood to be corected and i was

i think she and T Y Bello have the kind of brain that most female singers in nigeria lack
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Rapsody(m): 7:33am On Jan 03, 2008
@Oephius
Lol cheesy
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by HYBRIDX(m): 8:30am On Jan 03, 2008
hmmmmmmmm!!!!!! got to get the album. . . , i know asa is gifted . . . . . really really gifted . . . . . . i hope she gets a grammy award review . . . . she is truly talented . . . . .yep!! gots to get the album . . .as an african i am proud of her . . . i think we all should be . . . .she reps for african the "mother land" . . . its so sad that the likes of dbanj and olu maintain are seen as african stars . . . i see them as "bastards son of the soil"
word!!!!
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by wonderar(f): 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2008
[center]hey, ASA is not just any singer or musician, no, she is more much valuable,
not just one or two of her album is awesome, every track is perfect, from track one to the last track is absolutely awesome, take for instance track ten, 'iya' when i listened to that track i was in tears, i prayed not just for her but her mother too, don't let me talk much, just go get the album, its everywhere now, you can get in any music store,
ASA is a gift to naija, africa, and the entire continent, as for her producer, its been God all the way!!
if you ASA get to read this comment; no that you are an inspiration to someone like me!!! esther
[/center] wink
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by OEPHIUS(m): 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2008
HYBRID-X:

hmmmmmmmm!!!!!! got to get the album. . . , i know asa is gifted . . . . . really really gifted . . . . . . i hope she gets a grammy award review . . . . she is truly talented . . . . .yes!! gots to get the album . . .as an african i am proud of her . . . i think we all should be . . . .she reps for african the "mother land" . . . its so sad that the likes of dbanj and olu maintain are seen as african stars . . . i see them as "bastards son of the soil"
word!!!!

seriously WORD if i was into soul had to give out my T Y BELLO album
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by Mustay(m): 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2008
what 'bout the viseos?
Re: Talking About 'Asa' by lynxnoon(m): 12:51am On Jan 04, 2008
HYBRID-X:

hmmmmmmmm!!!!!! got to get the album. . . , i know asa is gifted . . . . . really really gifted . . . . . . i hope she gets a grammy award review . . . . she is truly talented . . . . .yes!! gots to get the album . . .as an african i am proud of her . . . i think we all should be . . . .she reps for african the "mother land" . . . its so sad that the likes of dbanj and olu maintain are seen as african stars . . . i see them as "bastards son of the soil"
word!!!!
HABA!! Hybrid X if u dont like Dbanj n Olu maintain or their kind of music just say so, u dont have 2 insult them
Moreover their genre of music is far different from dat of Asa smiley smiley
Anyway I have her album and meeen its da bomb its a must-have
I dont know if one can still get her former album(s)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adekunle Gold – Money (Video) / Dablixx – Gurumaraji Ft Lil Frosh [ Music ] / New Video: Ice Prince Ft Gyptian, The Magician Remix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.