Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

I Think Romance Is Overrated - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Think Romance Is Overrated (1908 Views)

7 Signs Your Online Romance Is Not Real Love / mm / Black Romance Is Boring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2012
I never really got the point behind the whole thing, I mean why can't two people be in a relationship and just be good friends without all the flowers giving and chocolate buying. :-/
Our forefathers and foremothers who were not exposed to these romantic ish from television and internet and other media still got along fine with each other. Infact their marriages lasted longer than what obtains these days.
The way I see it, all the hoopla about romance that we see foreigners displaying is what leads us to think that romance should be a crucial part of relationships. People can be friends and in love with each other without the attendant bouquet of flowers (what is somebody supposed to do with those flowers anyway?) and whatever else is considered romantic these days.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 01, 2012
So, romance to you is flowers and chocolate? I am stupefied!
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by tpia5: 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2012
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2012
sexkillz: So, romance to you is flowers and chocolate? I am stupefied!
lol, I was just making an example I never said that was what it meant to me. I take it by your angry post and unnecessarily bolded font that the topic offends you. No vex, not everybody can like romance like you.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 01, 2012
action.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
sosoluv: If u can't afford flowers and chocolate its better u come out clean about it, no need to hide behind ur forefathers,,,back in your forefathers days men had to prove themselves worthy to a woman and they could only get approval from the father to be with his daughter, so if u don't follow those steps and expect it to come easy, don't expect a woman to hear 'I love you' and 'you are the only one for me' with no action.
grin I have cash for those things and please don't assume I started this thread to complain because am poor. @bold, by 'action' do you mean carrying out romantic acts?
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
u
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 01, 2012
tpia@:
tpia, have you not still completed the ten thousand posts you were aiming to get since all these years, abi why are you going about posting dots?
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 01, 2012
sosoluv: If u have enough for it I don't see why such a pity issue should be something that would bother u
You didn't answer my question.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 01, 2012
uf
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
sosoluv:
Yes carrying out romantic acts....as u put it urself
So if a guy carries out romantic acts with you that means you will give him action?
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 01, 2012
t
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 01, 2012
sosoluv:
It means I will appreciate him more. If a man cries ove flowers and chocolate, I can wonder how worse it can get when he has to pay a child's fees if he can't do something as little as that
But sosoluv, the man is not crying over it naaa. He is just not romantic minded. It is possible for a guy to be a good and hardworking father without being romantic.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 02, 2012
dh
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 02, 2012
But I have never had a girlfriend. . . . . .sad
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 02, 2012
ikj
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 02, 2012
Wait, I've had boyfriends. Can I talk about them instead?
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 02, 2012
hit
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 02, 2012
Oh you modified it.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 02, 2012
ng
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 02, 2012
sosoluv: I'm apologising for discriminating
Do you live in Nigeria? It's unusual for Nigerians to be non-homophobic.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 02, 2012
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 02, 2012
sosoluv: I'm not nigerian.
Oh.
I'm not male either. Wonder why you assumed I was.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Avicenna: 12:49am On Aug 02, 2012
Yeah, it is overrated jooor.
I'm not very romantic. I lose interest rather easily. So, the burning emotion of a few weeks ago just fizzle out like that.....
Can't say how many GFs that didn't last a month.
I think if the burden of romance was avoided, my relationships would last longer.

BTW, by romance, I minus intimacy ooooo. Se.x is se.x ,
If that's not gonna be involved. I will waka fast. Alfa or no Alfa.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 02, 2012
Avicenna: Yeah, it is overrated jooor.
I'm not very romantic. I lose interest rather easily. So, the burning emotion of a few weeks ago just fizzle out like that.....
Can't say how many GFs that didn't last a month.

I think if the burden of romance was avoided, my relationships would last longer.

BTW, by romance, I minus intimacy ooooo. Se.x is se.x ,
If that's not gonna be involved. I will waka fast. Alfa or no Alfa.
You are no longer an alfa, stop kidding yourself.
@bold, na wa o. How your marriage go be now?
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Avicenna: 5:03am On Aug 02, 2012
^ I'm not Alfa to you naa.

Maybe I will meet some girl I can love forever(she no get choice but to love me back). Its possible. Atleast judging by my Parents.

Or I will never marry.........
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 02, 2012
Avicenna:

Maybe I will meet some girl I can love forever
The trick is to get somebody you have a lot in common with. The love usually lasts for couples that have a lot in common.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 5:30am On Aug 02, 2012
only in the ways depicted on tv...
the knight in shining armor and the "happily ever after" crap. tongue

bogus.

1 Like

Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 02, 2012
MsDarkSkin: the knight in shining armor and the "happily ever after" crap. tongue

bogus.
A lot of people think those things are for real. :-/
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by WuzilistiQ(m): 8:07am On Aug 02, 2012
Romance being overrated, old style, new style, chocolate & flowers? What are u tryin to say? There are different ways of making one understand the nature/level of likeness you have for the other person (with or without gifts) the idea is to be appreciated in return by the person as being expressed, so i don't think our ourfathers/mothers and the future will have a synchronized life style....there will definately be changes.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Ranoscky(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2012
Romance ko, manceRo ni. Fvck that ish.
Re: I Think Romance Is Overrated by Ranoscky(m): 8:35am On Aug 02, 2012
Sosoluv, I have a question for u...

What should a gal give in return to a man that has always been romantic to her ever since their first date?

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Came To Me In Tears / Could This Be Right!!!!!!!! / Chucky234 V HARDDON V Cfcfan: Who Is Sexiest/most Handsome?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.