Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,102 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. (14400 Views)

Create Your Thoughts, Don't Let Your Thoughts Create You... / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Mcleo007(m): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel: If you want to join a Mary worshipping cult then the catholic church is for you.

Remember membership of a church , any sect for that matter, is not what qualifies you as a Christian.

You must be born into the Kingdom of God to count as one of his. If any man does not have the Spirit of Christ he is none of his.

Simply taking membership, especially of a false institution will not cut with God.

Do not be deceived.

God wants to convert you to his child not into a member of an apostate church.

Is these all you have to offer? Smh in amazing detour of your lack of...
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Acidosis(m): 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
I took my time to read the entire thread and I discovered that if God decides to take away the righteous today, lots of people here will miss the rapture.

@Poster, let me tell you frankly Heaven is not cheap! What is your purpose of finding a church to attend? Is it for you to dance and pray to mary? or is it for heaven's sake?

Catholic, can not save, Pastors can not save you, Mary have no part to play in your salvation, Only JESUS OF NAZARETH can! He is the only WAY, the TRUTH and the LIGHT. If any one ever tells you to pray in any other name here on earth. .RUN please, as far as your leg can go. Saint Augustine, Monica etc. .are all dead just like any other man and animals. Only JESUS died and rose on the 3rd day.

He died for your sin so that you may have life and have it more abundantly. Do not be deceived by the outward appearance on sunday mornings, nor by their white robes sew by a Nigerian tailor. . .but let your focus be on God through his only begotten son- JESUS.

Also, let the Holy Spirit guide you. . ."for you shall speak in different tongues after the Holy spirit might have come upon you"

Any congregation without the Holy spirit is as dead as a log of wood. A Pope without the Holy spirit will end up reading the angelus in HELL FIRE

Any church without the five-fold ministries is not complete.

-Pastoring
-Teaching
-Evangelism
-Prophetic
-Apostolic

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Look for a living pentecostal church, make sure its a small-moderate church. . .there you can grow easily with good follow-up and mentoring.
God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by mmmustapha(m): 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
If u want worship traditional belief, who cares
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
My dear just do ahead and do what ur heart desired at the moment u will never regret ok, infact that is the best thing that can happen to u (BEING A CATHOLIC FAITHFUL) good luck.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
Acidosis: I took my time to read the entire thread and I discovered that if God decides to take away the righteous today, lots of people here will miss the rapture.

@Poster, let me tell you frankly Heaven is not cheap! What is your purpose of finding a church to attend? Is it for you to dance and pray to mary? or is it for heaven's sake?

Catholic, can not save, Pastors can not save you, Mary have no part to play in your salvation, Only JESUS OF NAZARETH can! He is the only WAY, the TRUTH and the LIGHT. If any one ever tells you to pray in any other name here on earth. .RUN please, as far as your leg can go. Saint Augustine, Monica etc. .are all dead just like any other man and animals. Only JESUS died and rose on the 3rd day.

He died for your sin so that you may have life and have it more abundantly. Do not be deceived by the outward appearance on sunday mornings, nor by their white robes sew by a Nigerian tailor. . .but let your focus be on God through his only begotten son- JESUS.

Also, let the Holy Spirit guide you. . ."for you shall speak in different tongues after the Holy spirit might have come upon you"

Any congregation without the Holy spirit is as dead as a log of wood. A Pope without the Holy spirit will end up reading the angelus in HELL FIRE

Any church without the five-fold ministries is not complete.

-Pastoring
-Teaching
-Evangelism
-Prophetic
-Apostolic

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Look for a living pentecostal church, make sure its a small-moderate church. . .there you can grow easily with good follow-up and mentoring.
God bless you.
oh my dear i pity for you, after going through ur post i discovered that u r one of those who are swimming in the occean of ignorance. sorry but l believe God will touch u one day to experience a thru repentance ok.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Acidosis(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:
My dear just do ahead and do what ur heart desired at the moment u will never regret ok, infact that is the best thing that can happen to u (BEING A CATHOLIC FAITHFUL) good luck.

Please answer these questions: [b]

1. Are you living to please yourself and everything your heart desire?

2. Are you living for God and everything he tells you through the spirit?
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by thonyjoe2yahoo: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
My dear frosbel.
Its quite shameful that one can still see and refer to a the catholics belief in the virgin Mary as bad and anti God service. God will not save you in isolation remember. If you cant defend a faith then dont destroy it. Its offensive to human sensibility. May Mary the mother of Jesus who said I and the Father are one, therefore meaning he is God, have mercy on you.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Jackie26: 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
@ OP, I am also a winner and had a very close friend who was a catholics and we used to argue a lot about doctrines. On a certain day it got very heated and when I got home, I couldn't pray and just as I was trying to connect to God, the Holy Spirit said to me that the body of Christ is not divided. We are all called by the name of Jesus. If you want to be a Catholic, It is also the Church of Jesus Christ. Concentrate on the word of God and be guided by the Holy Spirit and not doctrine. All the best, continue to give Jesus the first place in your life and you will not miss it.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
thonyjoe2@yahoo:
My dear frosbel.
Its quite shameful that one can still see and refer to a the catholics belief in the virgin Mary as bad and anti God service. God will not save you in isolation remember. If you cant defend a faith then dont destroy it. Its offensive to human sensibility. May Mary the mother of Jesus who said I and the Father are one, therefore meaning he is God, have mercy on you.

Jesus is GOD in the flesh, Mary is NOT !!

I was once a youth leader in the Catholic church so I know what I am talking about.

There is no salvation in the catholic church or Mary for that matter.

Salvation can only be found in Christ Jesus.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel: If you want to join a Mary worshipping cult then the catholic church is for you.

Remember membership of a church , any sect for that matter, is not what qualifies you as a Christian.

You must be born into the Kingdom of God to count as one of his. If any man does not have the Spirit of Christ he is none of his.

Simply taking membership, especially of a false institution will not cut with God.

Do not be deceived.

We the Christians cotinue to cry and lament over what the moslem are doing to us, but l tell u some pple who called themselves Christians are worse than those extremists. just look at ur post and tell me if you are not inviting either verbal or physical war in the name of defending ur church instead of christ, is that what Christ asked u to be doing. better repent before it will be too late, cheers.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:
We the Christians cotinue to cry and lament over what the moslem are doing to us, but l tell u some pple who called themselves Christians are worse than those extremists. just look at ur post and tell me if you are not inviting either verbal or physical war in the name of defending ur church instead of christ, is that what Christ asked u to be doing. better repent before it will be too late, cheers.

If my comment above offended you , all I can say is Lord have Mercy grin
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Acidosis(m): 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:
oh my dear i pity for you, after going through ur post i discovered that u r one of those who are swimming in the occean of ignorance. sorry but l believe God will touch u one day to experience a thru repentance ok.

If you have any thing against what I wrote up there. . then you are an enemy of God. .cos everything there is from the bible.

I attended a catholic primary school and thank God for the bible. . . I stood against most of their acts. . I don't pray in the name of mary, I refuse to take their ashes. I dont bow before any idol. . (The cross you guys carry about is definitely not my Jesus)

Listen carefully and carefully again. .

JESUS IS NO LONGER ON THE CROSS! HE DIED AND "RESSURRECTED" OVER 2000YEARS AGO.
It is mockery for anyone to keep on worshipping an image of one who died for our sins years ago. . .We are not celebrating his death but his life. .

Such practice is Occultic.

I dont like to argue when it comes to the Bible. . .so I think I'll leave you to your belief.

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by thonyjoe2yahoo: 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
May the Lord show us all the right way in life .
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by claremont(m): 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
The Catholic church should apologise to the families of the millions of people killed in Africa directly as a result of its policies against the use of condoms. It should apologise to the millions killed due to its policy on abortion and contraception. An organisation like the Catholic church has lost every ounce of moral standing.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
Acidosis:

Please answer these questions: [b]

1. Are you living to please yourself and everything your heart desire?

2. Are you living for God and everything he tells you through the spirit?

The above questions are irrelivant as long as this topic is concern, but i tell u the holy spirit of God can only work in u and wt u if u r a true Christain. born to love and not to hate as i discover in u right now. pls repent.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by mediainspired: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
I wil say it as it is: The catholic church is a RELIGION (mind u, true xtianity is not a religion, but a godly way of life) of CONVENIENCE, FALSE DOCTRINES&BLASPHEMOUS MISINTERPRETATN OF D BIBLE (worshipping Mary &dead saints, confessing to 'father,' purgatory etc). Som here say follow ur heart, but it culd lead u 2hell if it's not d ryt one. I know all d grand deceits of d devil thru such doctrines of men &i wish i culd lay dem out here one-on-one. If u were even born-again in d 1st place, u won't be asking dis questn...
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
Acidosis:

If you have any thing against what I wrote up there. . then you are an enemy of God. .cos everything there is from the bible.

I attended a catholic primary school and thank God for the bible. . . I stood against most of their acts. . I don't pray in the name of mary, I refuse to take their ashes. I dont bow before any idol. . (The cross you guys carry about is definitely not my Jesus)

Listen carefully and carefully again. .

JESUS IS NO LONGER ON THE CROSS! HE DIED AND "RESSURRECTED" OVER 2000YEARS AGO.
It is mockery for anyone to keep on worshipping an image of one who died for our sins years ago. . .We are not celebrating his death but his life. .

Such practice is Occultic.

I dont like to argue when it comes to the Bible. . .so I think I'll leave you to your belief.

NO no no dont run come back less pick up the bible and settle this matter once and for all, the images, Christ still on the cross and so on, less go to the scripture if u r ready pls get ur bible and alert me ok
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by madjune(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
Catholic is the best. Just make sure you don't become the catholic man that loves TD JAKES.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
italo:

What makes me most happy is not that you find the Pope a worthy role-model or that you like our style of worship. What makes me most happy is that you have kept your mind and heart open. Pope Benedict has come and will go; 'The Word Among us' (an amazing devotional) has come and will go [size=15pt]but the truth that the Church possesses, professes & preaches will never fade.[/size] It is that Truth that attracts you (perhaps without your knowing it). It is that Truth that the Pope, 'The Word Among Us' and the Catholic Church as a whole proclaim, that why its so beautiful...not with the beauty that seems to shine today and fades tomorrow, but the beauty that always was, is, and will ever be.

You just contradicted the word of God - Matt 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my
words shall not pass away.

It will surprise you what you are going to discover when christ will come to judge his church - you wont say no one ever told you, only the word of God (The Word Of God) is the basis for your believe, doctrine and salvation remember Jesus christ was the word made flesh, so the word of God is reliable, may the lord give u insight in jesus name. Amen!
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by raynold17(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2012

Do not be deceived.

I really pity you...now o see the reason Muslims go around criticizing Christians.. am a catholic and am not going to argue with a fellow Christian..I only argue with Muslim and atheist trying to convince them about what they believe about Christians... and info we don't worship Mary or saints we only pray for them to intercede for us and pray for us...
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by solemate: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
Jackie_25: @ OP, I am also a winner and had a very close friend who was a catholics and we used to argue a lot about doctrines. On a certain day it got very heated and when I got home, I couldn't pray and just as I was trying to connect to God, the Holy Spirit said to me that the body of Christ is not divided. We are all called by the name of Jesus. If you want to be a Catholic, It is also the Church of Jesus Christ. Concentrate on the word of God and be guided by the Holy Spirit and not doctrine. All the best, continue to give Jesus the first place in your life and you will not miss it.

My brother, you are the only true christian in this forum, may God Bless you

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

If my comment above offended you , all I can say is Lord have Mercy grin

it does not offend me but it gives me ample opporturnity to teach u the word of God so that u can know and serve Jesus better. b4 u condemn try to widen ur know about that this a thing of the spirit and should be handled spiritually not canally ok.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by xpensivethony: 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2012

Do not be deceived.

i pity the mother that gave birth to you..
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
solemate:

My brother, you are the only true christian in this forum, may God Bless you

My dear worshipping Mary and praying to dead saints does not cut with God.

"Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open. [u]Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? [/u]Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?" - 2 Corinthians 6:13-15

This is what compromise can do to the body of Christ when you join those groups who do not believe in the born again experience, who do not believe in repentance from dead works, who forbid to marry, who launch crusades in the name of God to slaughter countless millions.

Do not fellowship with those who reject the core truths of the bible.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
mediainspired: I wil say it as it is: The catholic church is a RELIGION (mind u, true xtianity is not a religion, but a godly way of life) of CONVENIENCE, FALSE DOCTRINES&BLASPHEMOUS MISINTERPRETATN OF D BIBLE (worshipping Mary &dead saints, confessing to 'father,' purgatory etc). Som here say follow ur heart, but it culd lead u 2hell if it's not d ryt one. I know all d grand deceits of d devil thru such doctrines of men &i wish i culd lay dem out here one-on-one. If u were even born-again in d 1st place, u won't be asking dis questn...

Please are a christian? cos the way u sound nothing suggest that u r. do not lie or say what u do not know speaking out of ignorance could land u to hell fire than being and athist. please come up wt the doctrines let me remove the ignorance in u one by one as well. am very much ready ok.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
[size=15pt] The problem with you catholics is that you take christianity as a religion, the early church never took it so, check the writings of apostle paul and peter and even john and other apostles, and you would find out they all kicked against doctrines of men and stated clearly the doctrine of jesus and kicked against spiritual ceremonies and cleansing as requirement for salvation, all this are false doctrines of demons porpoted by the catholic founding fathers for their selfish interests and greed, i'm not here to judge any denomination, but i cannot see falsehood and then keep silent over it, study the word of God and let the holy sprirt interpret it to you and you wont be mislead!
I pray God opens your eyes to see beyond!!! [/size]
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

"Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open. [u]Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? [/u]Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?" - 2 Corinthians 6:13-15

This is what compromise can do to the body of Christ when you join those groups who do not believe in the born again experience, who do not believe in repentance from dead works, who forbid to marry, who launch crusades in the name of God to slaughter countless millions.

From your quotation l discovered that u do not even understand what u read, what is equall yoke and who is unbelieved here? the verse u quote has nothing to do wt ur ignorant and baseless point. l need those who a thru christians and who knows their bible to talk ok. go and read the bible very well before u talk.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:

From your quotation l discovered that u do not even understand what u read, what is equall yoke and who is unbelieved here? the verse u quote has nothing to do wt ur ignorant and baseless point. l need those who a thru christians and who knows their bible to talk ok. go and read the bible very well before u talk.

Considering that the catholic church do not read the bible but leave it to the priest to interpret scripture , your advice is a surprise.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
joe4christ: [size=15pt] The problem with you catholics is that you take christianity as a religion, the early church never took it so, check the writings of apostle paul and peter and even john and other apostles, and you would find out they all kicked against doctrines of men and stated clearly the doctrine of jesus and kicked against spiritual ceremonies and cleansing as requirement for salvation, all this are false doctrines of demons porpoted by the catholic founding fathers for their selfish interests and greed, i'm not here to judge any denomination, but i cannot see falsehood and then keep silent over it, study the word of God and let the holy sprirt interpret it to you and you wont be mislead!
I pray God opens your eyes to see beyond!!! [/size]

your own eyes are not even open thats why u talk baselessly, tell me the doctrines let me teach u. all of u haters of the Catholic church had been making noise without a single point. just mention the doctrines. also go and read the meaning of doctrine b4 u make futher statement ok. l am still waiting for u.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by solemate: 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

frosbel

Its really amazing to see people talk about what they don't really understand, "God", many of u here are half bake xtains who just started going to church yesterday telling the whole world that they are now born again. have u ever sat down to think about God? have u ever tried to know what he expected from u, have u sat down and meditate in his word rather quoting bible like one sort of Shakespeare? if u can answer these questions you will see that u have a lot of work to do in your xtain life. God is the only one that can condemn a church or any man, not u because u r no where near perfection

God bless u
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 4:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

Considering that the catholic church do not read the bible but leave it to the priest to interpret scripture , your advice is a surprise.

my dear less trash it out, first of all we dont reach the bible but we study it. when u read as u do u jump out to talk out of ignorance cos ur knowledge base on that will not be balanced but when u study it u are better informed. l am a catholic i know the scripture thatz why i need u to argue biblically so that we will learn more. come up with ur points am still waiting.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 4:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:

your own eyes are not even open thats why u talk baselessly, tell me the doctrines let me teach u. all of u haters of the Catholic church had been making noise without a single point. just mention the doctrines. also go and read the meaning of doctrine b4 u make futher statement ok. l am still waiting for u.

when i got into this thread i came with the intention of not arguing, but it seems u need to be talked to, so let kick start.
(though dont mind some of my errors in spellings cos half of my screen got bursted due to overcharge making incapable of viewing letters vividly, so you would have to pardon me.)
now let's be constructive for once atleast.
Here we go!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019 Hallelujah Challenge Set To Start On 4th Of February On Instagram Live / "Your Wife Must Eat First Before You Eat" - Prophetess Patience Obi To Men / Sometimes We Think There Will Be No More Nigeria But It Keeps Standing — Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.