Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. (14384 Views)

Create Your Thoughts, Don't Let Your Thoughts Create You... / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by gst101: 7:44am On Aug 02, 2012
my friends want me to become catholic. I have been following them to their church recently and to be honest i like their style of worship. I have been studying their devotional 'the word among us' and its really insightful. Pope benedict xvi is another one i admire. His ability to handle pressure and his intellectual capacity has made me want to make him my role model. I attend winners at present and my people are anti catholic. So what do you think?

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Pacify: 9:01am On Aug 02, 2012
Follow your heart, no one should be forced to serve God the way they want.
You appear to have loved the catholic church, so I'd advice you to get baptised there
and do other necessary sacraments there. No one is accountable for your soul, not even your parents
except you.

4 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by gst101: 9:57am On Aug 02, 2012
thanks
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Rich4god(m): 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2012
The ball is in your court. If you think you will be at peace with yourself as a catholic, then its up to you to go for it.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Ptolomeus(m): 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
Rich4god: The ball is in your court. If you think you will be at peace with yourself as a catholic, then its up to you to go for it.
Each Pastor has its tactics and strategy to attract new contributors ... sorry ... I should say faithful ...
I know a pastor who makes the girls dress sensually church youth ... is a good way to capture. No doubt that the Pastor has promised his friends a committee (part of) the money he will raise you on the concept of tithing.
Each Pastor has a way of working.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Rich4god(m): 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Each Pastor has its tactics and strategy to attract new contributors ... sorry ... I should say faithful ...
I know a pastor who makes the girls dress sensually church youth ... is a good way to capture. No doubt that the Pastor has promised his friends a committee (part of) the money he will raise you on the concept of tithing.
Each Pastor has a way of working.
My bros... I seem not to understand what you mean...

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by italo: 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
gst101: my friends want me to become catholic. I have been following them to their church recently and to be honest i like their style of worship. I have been studying their devotional 'the word among us' and its really insightful. Pope benedict xvi is another one i admire. His ability to handle pressure and his intellectual capacity has made me want to make him my role model. I attend winners at present and my people are anti catholic. So what do you think?

What makes me most happy is not that you find the Pope a worthy role-model or that you like our style of worship. What makes me most happy is that you have kept your mind and heart open. Pope Benedict has come and will go; 'The Word Among us' (an amazing devotional) has come and will go but the truth that the Church possesses, professes & preaches will never fade. It is that Truth that attracts you (perhaps without your knowing it). It is that Truth that the Pope, 'The Word Among Us' and the Catholic Church as a whole proclaim, that why its so beautiful...not with the beauty that seems to shine today and fades tomorrow, but the beauty that always was, is, and will ever be.

28 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Ptolomeus(m): 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
Rich4god:
My bros... I seem not to understand what you mean...
Simple.
Catchment of fools by the pastor.
This ensures the collection of tithes ...
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Rich4god(m): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Simple.
Catchment of fools by the pastor.
This ensures the collection of tithes ...
One thing i know for sure about the catholic church is that they dont do adverts like other churches and they dont lay emphasis on paying of tithe (i didnt say they dont pay)... So where you got your theories from is what i dont know.

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by 1money: 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
Follow your heart.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Ptolomeus(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
Rich4god:
One thing i know for sure about the catholic church is that they dont do adverts like other churches and they dont lay emphasis on paying of tithe (i didnt say they dont pay)... So where you got your theories from is what i dont know.
Who do not pay?
Well, just wait.
Come in, sit down and looks ...
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Freiburger(m): 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
@ Topic, na by force?
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by BitterTruth1(f): 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
Na una type dey cause religious crisis. I believe say U no bi Christian at all. Na Mu... U bi.Mak Una stop dis useless acts Joooooooooooo!
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DonaldGenes(m): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
Which kind front paqe be this nah*fart on top this post*abeq next...hehehehhehehehe
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by anitank(f): 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
I am a catholic and hope to remain so till death except of course I get married to a non-catholic man. I have even attended SHILOH once and was blessed by it. I believe God is everywhere and it doesn't matter where u worship Him. What matters most is what u do with The Word after hearing it.

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by fesse(f): 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
@OP Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
Freiburger: @ Topic, na by force?

i nooo knoooooo ooooooo
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by aryzgreat: 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
@ poster, open ur mind and follow ur heart, am a catholic, will marry a catholic and die a catholic. I have my convictions, not that other churches are bad, we all worship the same Christ Jesus but am at peace with catholicism, the mode and serenity of worship draws one closer to God BTW am a devotee of "the word among us" i recommend it for every christian, so inspiring, Glory be to Jesus! smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
If you want to join a Mary worshipping cult then the catholic church is for you.

Remember membership of a church , any sect for that matter, is not what qualifies you as a Christian.

You must be born into the Kingdom of God to count as one of his. If any man does not have the Spirit of Christ he is none of his.

Simply taking membership, especially of a false institution will not cut with God.

Do not be deceived.

God wants to convert you to his child not into a member of an apostate church.

6 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
the most important thing is to know who is your God... a place of worship way not be a barrier... but always pay your tithe in your church... but some of us find it difficult to pay our tithe may be lack of money but you can make money now for free..... just click my signature to know how..click below

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
Skybancs: the most important thing is to know who is your God... a place of worship way not be a barrier... but always pay your tithe in your church... but some of us find it difficult to pay our tithe may be lack of money but you can make money now for free..... just click my signature to know how..click below

Fa fa Foul !!

Tithing is out of the equation. Tithing is not a condition for salvation, never was and never will be .

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by aryzgreat: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel: If you want to join a [b]Mary worshipping cult [/b]then the catholic church is for you.

Remember membership of a church , any sect for that matter, is not what qualifies you as a Christian.

You must be born into the Kingdom of God to count as one of his. If any man does not have the Spirit of Christ he is none of his.

Simply taking membership, especially of a false institution will not cut with God.

Do not be deceived.

May God have mercy on you! i have followed ur attack on anything cathoilc church on NL, and u are a christ embassy member i guess, am not suprised. The last thing i will do is exchange words with u. I rada pray for u.

10 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
Flee from every appearance of evil.. They are Cultist go and watch their history and you would be shocked.... Father ko mother ni.. Awon Gaaay oshii!!! angry
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by GboyegaD(m): 2:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
OP,
Follow your heart. If you feel you love the catholic service more and it lifts your spirit much more closer to God then, start worshipping there afterall, it is you who would stand before God on the last day and not any other person. Remember, there is no decision you take that everyone agrees to a 100%.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
There should be no compulsion in religion !
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Kolade9(m): 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
@OP, u shld consider being a reverend sista too....oshi
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by zannie(f): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
Some people will always mock what they don't understand. Someone has already said Catholics worship Mary. Has the person ever taken part in Mass or any other Catholic ritual? Smh! Ignorance
@op, you are the only one who is responsible for your actions. Spirituality is a very personal aspect of human life. You need some soul searching and if you feel you wholly accept what the Church teaches, then good for you. Bear in mind that the Catholic church is very ancient and deeply rooted in tradition, so if you are looking for new wave Pentecostalism, I don't think it'll be the right place for you
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by janedoe(f): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
Aww,do as your spirit moves you to. My dad became a catholic at (14-15)years of age. After gaining admission to a catholic school,he fell in love with the church. His family woke him up one night to have a serious talk with him. Well he let them talk , he didn't utter one word .... I think they got the point eventually that he was a convert for life. Best of luck smiley
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by holluwai(m): 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
Dem wan carry u enter bush.....lol
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by holluwai(m): 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
Dem wan carry u enter bush.....lol
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by mkmyers45(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
I think all these catholic basher need to shut thier mouths....ARE YOU ANY BETTER? Catholicans have their system of doing things and if you have a problem take it up with the vatican
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by mkmyers45(m): 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel: If you want to join a Mary worshipping cult then the catholic church is for you.

Do not be deceived.

Mr Frosbel

If this is how you preach then i dont want to hear any more

mtsewww

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Testimony Of The Spiritual Realm(1) / My Journey to The Spirit World And How God Delivered Me / I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.