Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,543 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. (14395 Views)

Create Your Thoughts, Don't Let Your Thoughts Create You... / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by nyabingi(m): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
anitank: I am a catholic and hope to remain so till death except of course I get married to a non-catholic man. I have even attended SHILOH once and was blessed by it. I believe God is everywhere and it doesn't matter where u worship Him. What matters most is what u do with The Word after hearing it.

God bless you real good brother!!
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2012
[size=32pt]MAN WORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! [/size]
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:

Mary is not qualified to interceed for u but your pastors do, ignorant, kindly read John chapter 2 vs 1 to 11, even thou is not yet time for Jesus to start his ministry he did that miracle cos his mother requested for it. asking mary to interceed for u makes it better and faster ok

My Pastor is not my intercessor , Jesus Christ is.

Mary was a sinner like you and me till she was saved by Christ Jesus.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
joe4christ:

I'm not asking for much, just give me a scriptural backing for the bolded and i will believe you, else i will label it as a doctrine of demon which it is!

Read Mark chapter 9 vs 2 to 13 and Lk 9 vs 28 to 36. more is still coming
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by soledadd: 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
I dont think i will have time to argue with christians who are blindfolded. Why are they all against catholic? Why are they talking about saints of God? Why do they call them dead? This is ignorance masterminded by the devil to lead souls astray and to peril. Talking about mary, humanly speaking its very callous to disregard the spotless mother of ur saviour if u would hold ur sinful mother in a high esteem. Imagine the way u revere ur pastor's wife calling them mummy and giving them titles? talking about saints ; do u believe in life after death, and resurection? If so then why are you wallowing in deciet? Even Jesus you claim you know, you have not seen physically, we are working with faith here when you read the bible pray to the holy spirit for proper understanding or else you derail.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by wanakak: 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
[size=8pt][/size][color=#000099][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I am a catholic, i will die a catholic, its cool to be a catholic
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

My Pastor is not my intercessor , Jesus Christ is.

Mary was a sinner like you and me till she was saved by Christ Jesus.

lf not that am here to help u i will not talk to pple like u, your pastor doesn't interceed for u bt he always prophesise to u that it shall well with u and u will shout amen, he will ask u to kneel down so that he will pray for u u do, is a pity i keep saying majority of u suffer from this desease called ignorance cos ur pastors always leave the important teachings in the scripture to teach how to protest against the catholics teachings and doctrine. so as well u dont interceed and pray for ur spouse, children and relations,is a pity.

Saying that Mary was or is a sinner is the climax of you ignorant of the scripture oh my God so Jesus was concieved in sin, do u read bible at all or u claim that u r a christian, in Mtt 3 vs 13 to 15 John de baptist refused to baptised Jesus cos there is no need for that, baptism is for sinners alone a process to turn one to righteousness, that y Jesus said it is to fufil all righteousness. lf Mary was a sinner as u like Jesus must be contermitted by birth, so u see u are swiming in ignorance. more you still hve to repent cos the way u sound u r not yet a Christain, shallom.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by studM(m): 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
crackhouse: during a wedding they attended in Cana Mary went to jesus & told him about the finished wine after she learnt that there was no wine remaining and jesus instructed them to fill the jar with water which he eventually prayed & turned into wine despite the fact that his hour for miracle have not yet come and that was the first miracle he did. What else do u need to know that Mary can intercede for her children{the believers} to our lord jesus?.

crackhouse;ur lost,its obvious u know next 2 nothing in d bible
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Ezennaemeka1(m): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:

lf not that am here to help u i will not talk to pple like u, your pastor doesn't interceed for u bt he always prophesise to u that it shall well with u and u will shout amen, he will ask u to kneel down so that he will pray for u u do, is a pity i keep saying majority of u suffer from this desease called ignorance cos ur pastors always leave the important teachings in the scripture to teach how to protest against the catholics teachings and doctrine. so as well u dont interceed and pray for ur spouse, children and relations,is a pity.

Saying that Mary was or is a sinner is the climax of you ignorant of the scripture oh my God so Jesus was concieved in sin, do u read bible at all or u claim that u r a christian, in Mtt 3 vs 13 to 15 John de baptist refused to baptised Jesus cos there is no need for that, baptism is for sinners alone a process to turn one to righteousness, that y Jesus said it is to fufil all righteousness. lf Mary was a sinner as u like Jesus must be contermitted by birth, so u see u are swiming in ignorance. more you still hve to repent cos the way u sound u r not yet a Christain, shallom.

love this one.
One thing am still finding hard to understand is why pentecostals hate catholic this much. Na waoh!! I have been visiting pentecostal with friends but never knew you guys hate us this much to extent somebody will open his mouth and call catholic church cult.. Thought we are all chritians. Still wondering...
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
studM:

crackhouse;ur lost,its obvious u know next 2 nothing in d bible

what crackhouse said is not only right but biblical, u r d one whom should read the bible to know it ok. or u haven't come across, read Jn 2 ok
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
aryzgreat: @ poster, open ur mind and follow ur heart, am a catholic, will marry a catholic and die a catholic. I have my convictions, not that other churches are bad, we all worship the same Christ Jesus but am at peace with catholicism, the mode and serenity of worship draws one closer to God BTW am a devotee of "the word among us" i recommend it for every christian, so inspiring, Glory be to Jesus! smiley
Do you worship Jesus or God?
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
aryzgreat: @ poster, open ur mind and follow ur heart, am a catholic, will marry a catholic and die a catholic. I have my convictions, not that other churches are bad, we all worship the same Christ Jesus but am at peace with catholicism, the mode and serenity of worship draws one closer to God BTW am a devotee of "the word among us" i recommend it for every christian, so inspiring, Glory be to Jesus! smiley
Do you worship Jesus or God?Pls dont tell me Jesus is God.I am no baby to believe that.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
akthedream: Do you worship Jesus or God?Pls dont tell me Jesus is God.I am no baby to believe that.

In things of God we are all learners and babies as well ok , we worship Jesus cos even the angels do as well he is GOD.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by studM(m): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
[quote author=De-Grace01]

what crackhouse said is not only right but biblical, u r d one whom should read the bible to know it ok. or u haven't come across, read Jn 2 ok[/quoti

i have been going thru ur response all thru out d thread,and its quite obvious ur ignorant of the scriptures u claim 2 know much abt
wit all due ur interpretation of scriptures is absolutely wrong and misguided,don't mean no insult pls
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
aryzgreat:

May God have mercy on you! i have followed ur attack on anything cathoilc church on NL, and u are a christ embassy member i guess, am not suprised. The last thing i will do is exchange words with u. I rada pray for u.
Good to know you do bash each other the way you bash Muslims and atheist.According to you,one denomination is occultic and the other is a Singing and dancing Organisation..lwtmb.Would there still be a good church after the intra religious bashing??We dey laugh oo.
Warning:Those who attend catholic church should watch their mouth before they receive HOT SLAP from the BISHOP on the other side.A word is enough for the wise o.I still dey laugh o.Hypocrites.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
[quote author=studM][/quote]

Even if u insult me i dont care tell me the quotation l gv that is wrong ok, pple like u will choose beat about the bush insult and call names so that the other person will run away, no is not a bible student like me cos l am here to help u out of ur ignorance ok. feel free to ask me your question if u want to learn ok.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
studM
Even if u insult me i dont care tell me the quotation l gv that is wrong ok, pple like u will choose beat about the bush insult and call names so that the other person will run away, no is not a bible student like me cos l am here to help u out of ur ignorance ok. feel free to ask me your question if u want to learn ok.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
Kolade9: @OP, u shld consider being a reverend sista too....oshi
People like you waste no time in attacking Bokoharam.You would have done more if u have the weapon..you are even worse than them..
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:

In things of God we are all learners and babies as well ok , we worship Jesus cos even the angels do as well he is GOD.
You must be a kid or just trying to kid me to call Jesus God.From LORD to SON OF GOD and now GODYour kind are part of the reason why atheist exist. ITS REALLY A SHAME.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by alexy147(m): 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
Am catholic bt sincerely.,dis ur story no worth mage front page joor..u hav already made ur mind b4 now den why d stress..abeg next
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
TroGunn:

Reality is that Catholics worship Mary. The number of images and sculptures of Mary in their churches attests to this.
thank you! D bible says do not bow or worship graven images or idol. But catholics apparently do dat. Though i know most of u will deny it. Like for instance, when you're doing d block rosary, u place images of mary on a small altar and pray facing it. Why? Aint u already worshiping her? Smh.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
eyenCalabar: @Op: How old are you? It's shameful that you are being tossed to and fro doctrines but I don't blame you rather your parents because even the Bible says train up a child in a way he should go and when he grows, he won't depart from it. The simple reason here is that your parent failed you in their responsibilities that's why you are having problems today thinking of what to do. I bet you that even you go there, you won't stay up to six months without beginning to think where next to go. A woman may even be the one dragging you to her own next. For me, I'll recommend Christ Embassy for you.
Must you reffer to his parent before commenting?What have they done to warrand your insult?ARE YOU BLAMING THEM FOR NOT PERMING THEIR HAIR or NOT SUPPORTING SELF-SERVICING?Pls let me know.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
akthedream: You must be a kid or just trying to kid me to call Jesus God.From LORD to SON OF GOD and now GODYour kind are part of the reason why atheist exist. ITS REALLY A SHAME.
Do not die in ignorance read John 20:28, thomas called Jesus my lord and my God, read and digest it ok
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by JustME7(m): 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2012
Wherever you want to worship, worship. What matters is, serve the God of the bible.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Bella3(f): 11:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
Why honour mary? Why pray to her? There were other virgins, she only got lucky! Mary is dead, she cnt hear you, why pray to her?
If you believe the catholic church preaches the the REAL truth, then go for it. Let the scriptures be ur guide.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by realsammie(m): 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
@op....
my case is a bit different..my girlfriend attends Catholic while i attend redeem. she has been pressurizing me dat i must join Catholic..though i av worship with them twice but personally i was not spiritualy satisfy.
well since u're cool with their mode of worship then just follow ur heart.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Bella3(f): 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
akthedream: Do you worship Jesus or God?Pls dont tell me Jesus is God.I am no baby to believe that.
Jesus is nt the Almighty God. There is a difference between a king and a Prince. Only this time its eternal or the prince would have dreamed of becuming a King
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Piro4rl(m): 11:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
BE FREE TO WORSHIP WHERE PLEASES U
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by stokolie(m): 11:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
@ op the most important thing is to know God in truth and in spirit because in the end that is what matters, the catholic teaching and doctrines are sound drawing one closer to God.

i have been a practising CATHOLIC all my life. it amazing how much people who don't know much about the faith would bash the practices. like someone stating that Catholics dont read the bible, worshiping mary and the rest.

i really was enjoying the enlightingment at the eariler part of the trend.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
raynold17 :
I really pity you...now o see the reason Muslims go around criticizing Christians.. am a catholic and am not going to argue with a fellow Christian..I only argue with Muslim and atheist trying to convince them about what they believe about Christians... and info we don't worship Mary or saints we only pray for them to intercede for us and pray for us...
Hey,dont run,face him and leave the Muslims out of this.Charity begins at home.He just called you and the rest catholic CULTIST..Please cleas that allegation.All you know is to attack Islam..Hypocrite.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Bella3(f): 12:01am On Aug 15, 2012
akthedream: Hey,dont run,face him and leave the Muslims out of this.Charity begins at home.He just called you and the rest catholic CULTIST..Please cleas that allegation.All you know is to attack Islam..Hypocrite.
Nigerians and mumunes! All religions are CULT! Google the meaning

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by onyengbu: 12:05am On Aug 15, 2012
Quite strange the frosbel and joe4christ (who claim to know the bible) are running away from the thread because of De Grace01.

I just love it when they all go into hiding and emerge with fresh points after consulting with their pastors who spend better part of their ministry time searching for ways/points that will convert catholics to their business centers church.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019 Hallelujah Challenge Set To Start On 4th Of February On Instagram Live / "Your Wife Must Eat First Before You Eat" - Prophetess Patience Obi To Men / Sometimes We Think There Will Be No More Nigeria But It Keeps Standing — Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.