Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,213 members, 7,839,128 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. (14401 Views)

Create Your Thoughts, Don't Let Your Thoughts Create You... / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by raynold17(m): 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
some Christian here are a disgrace to Christianity... @op do what ever you think is right for you even if you want to be a Muslim that your decision...
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
joe4christ:

when i got into this thread i came with the intention of not arguing, but it seems u need to be talked to, so let kick start.
(though dont mind some of my errors in spellings cos half of my screen got bursted due to overcharge making incapable of viewing letters vividly, so you would have to pardon me.)
now let's be constructive for once atleast.
Here we go!

Anyhow u want it am ready to teach.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
[size=15pt] Show me a scripture that attest to mary being a mediator or rather our advocate and i willl show your scriptures that stated only christ as our chief high priest, mediator between man and God who is known as the only way to the father.
Let's start with this first! [/size]
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
joe4christ: [size=15pt] Show me a scripture that attest to mary being a mediator or rather our advocate and i willl show your scriptures that stated only christ as our chief high priest, mediator between man and God who is known as the only way to the father.

Before you read my chapter who is your pastor to u? then read Luke 1 vs 26 to end
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by crackhouse(m): 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel: If you want to join a Mary worshipping cult then the catholic church is for you.

Remember membership of a church , any sect for that matter, is not what qualifies you as a Christian.

You must be born into the Kingdom of God to count as one of his. If any man does not have the Spirit of Christ he is none of his.

Simply taking membership, especially of a false institution will not cut with God.

Do not be deceived.

God wants to convert you to his child not into a member of an apostate church.
hmm, too bad u are not well informed by those that don't want u to. Well, for ur information, catholics don't worship Mary rather they honour & respect her as the mother of Jesus christ likewise Joseph the father.

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by AroOkigbo(m): 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
@OP, you have GOOD friends.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
[size=15pt] And if u need scriptural backup then here it is: [/size]
Hebrew 4:14 So then, since we have a great High Priest who
has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold
firmly to what we believe. 15 This High Priest of ours
understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same
testings we do, yet he did not sin. 16 So let us come
boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will
receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when
we need it most.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
joe4christ: [size=15pt] And if u need scriptural backup then here it is: [/size]
we need it most.

my dear even the verse u quoted did not back ur point, it only said he is our high priest, bt ur question is mediator or do not know the difference. well go thru my first quotation and come again. but to correct u here read 1peter 2 vs 9
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by vitality22(m): 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
Iykecollins:
It will do u a lot of gud if u close ur mouth dan open it an spit poo at what u know little or nothin about and attract codemnation to yourself. You c y catholics don't make noise is because they know what they believe in and it works for them. Many of the arguements are always why should we ask the saints, holy mary and angels of God to pray for us, and the question is; if we can ask our priests, pastors,church members who we are not even sure how close really they are to God to pray 4 us how much more those that have been confirmed as saints and announced by the angel as blessed and full of grace. My little cent. A proud catholic.
God will bless you for me. Funny enough, i was born a catholic but been a multi-instrumentalist, i have played for many churches both on sundays and weekdays. Yet none was like the catholic church. A CATHOLIC FOR LIFE
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
[quote author=joe4christ][size=15pt] And if u need scriptural backup then here it is: [/size]
we need it most.[/quote

better still read the whole of 1peter 2 vs 4 to 10 u will understand whom u r in God not to talk the mother of Jesus.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:

Before you read my chapter who is your pastor to u? then read Luke 1 vs 26 to end

And have'nt u come across this verse in the bible of an event which was recorded for our benefit being that God knew such a day is coming when people would derive false doctrines using his word, Jesus made it plain in this scripture and this scripture will testify against the catholics who chose to believe the doctrine of men rather than the teaching, instruction and explanation of christ in this scripture -
Matt 12:46 [size=15pt]46 As Jesus was speaking to the crowd, his mother
and brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him.
47 Someone told Jesus, “Your mother and your brothers
are outside, and they want to speak to you.” g
48 Jesus asked, “Who is my mother? Who are my
brothers?” 49 Then he pointed to his disciples and said,
“Look, these are my mother and brothers. 50 Anyone
who does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother
and sister and mother! [/size]
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by crackhouse(m): 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
joe4christ: [size=15pt] Show me a scripture that attest to mary being a mediator or rather our advocate and i willl show your scriptures that stated only christ as our chief high priest, mediator between man and God who is known as the only way to the father.
during a wedding they attended in Cana Mary went to jesus & told him about the finished wine after she learnt that there was no wine remaining and jesus instructed them to fill the jar with water which he eventually prayed & turned into wine despite the fact that his hour for miracle have not yet come and that was the first miracle he did. What else do u need to know that Mary can intercede for her children{the believers} to our lord jesus?.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
joe4christ:

And have'nt u come across this verse in the bible of an event which was recorded for our benefit being that God knew such a day is coming when people would derive false doctrines using his word, Jesus made it plain in this scripture and this scripture will testify against the catholics who chose to believe the doctrine of men rather than the teaching, instruction and explanation of christ in this scripture -
Matt 12:46 [size=15pt]46 As Jesus was speaking to the crowd, his mother
and brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him.
47 Someone told Jesus, “Your mother and your brothers
are outside, and they want to speak to you.” g
48 Jesus asked, “Who is my mother? Who are my
brothers?” 49 Then he pointed to his disciples and said,
“Look, these are my mother and brothers. 50 Anyone
who does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother
and sister and mother! [/size]

hahahahahaha l taught i was arguing wt one who knows his bible, u running from one place to another, well that drama was to inform u that once u believe in Jesus Christ u automatically became his brother and sisters.

why not tell me whom ur pastor is less talk more about Mary being our mediator. read Mark 9 vs 2 to 13 tell me what was Jesus doing wt Elijah and Moses at that mountain of tranfiguration.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
The Word among us is a wonderful, deep, insightful devotional. Helps me stay focused, the Catholic style of worship is orderly, calm and gives time for reflection, great departure from the screaming and blabbing, "almost party like" worship sessions, and No constant emphasis on Money money money, more emphasis on how to be a decent human and care for the poor.
We are not catholics but my Husband and I attend masses. There is also this very brilliant priest Father Goerge Ehusani who we watch from their Live masses on AIT some Sundays. He is very sound, makes the mass interactive, sound and reflective. I heard he is also a very disciplined man as he closes the church doors at 7.30 on sundays so no mass for late comers

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:

my dear even the verse u quoted did not back ur point, it only said he is our high priest, bt ur question is mediator or do not know the difference. well go thru my first quotation and come again. but to correct u here read 1peter 2 vs 9

Okay, here it is: 1John 2:1 - [size=15pt]1 My dear children, I am writing this to you so that
you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an
advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is
Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. 2 He himself
is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our
sins but the sins of all the world.[/size]
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
joe4christ:

Okay, here it is: 1John 2:1 - [size=15pt]1 My dear children, I am writing this to you so that
you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an
advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is
Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. 2 He himself
is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our
sins but the sins of all the world.[/size]

then if it ends their what is ur pastors doing in ur church, jesus is the only way no compromise, but i will like u to read Luke chapter 17 vs 4, jesus did not eradicate the human part in the work of salvation, this is why he instituted the apostleship and even the church in the first place. what mary does is to interceed for us in the name of Jesus Christ ok. also read Mtt. 18 vs 18 to 19, Jesus still give the power to his apostles.
What do u understand about the great commission, mtt 28 vs 18 to 20, Jesus gave this authority to us not that we take his position but the bible said that we are co-heirs with Christ
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
just look at how u all are twisting the word of God to suit ur belief thereby rendering the word of

God to lose it's saving power just like the atheists do. May the lord help your soul before it gets too late. Amen!
I rest my case!!!
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
just look at how u all are twisting the word of God to suit ur belief thereby rendering the word of
God to lose it's saving power just like the atheists do. May the lord help your soul before it gets too late. Amen!
I rest my case!!!
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:

then if it ends their what is ur pastors doing in ur church, jesus is the only way no compromise, but i will like u to read Luke chapter 17 vs 4, jesus did not eradicate the human part in the work of salvation, this is why he instituted the apostleship and even the church in the first place. what mary does is to interceed for us in the name of Jesus Christ ok. also read Mtt. 18 vs 18 to 19, Jesus still give the power to his apostles.
I intended quiting further discussing this issue but the holy spirit wants me to say some more so i'm gonna obey him.
Now i have a questions for you:
QUESTION (1) Is Jesus God? - I need direct answer pls!
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by ijawkid(m): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
Iykecollins:
It will do u a lot of gud if u close ur mouth dan open it an spit poo at what u know little or nothin about and attract codemnation to yourself. You c y catholics don't make noise is because they know what they believe in and it works for them. Many of the arguements are always why should we ask the saints, holy mary and angels of God to pray for us, and the question is; if we can ask our priests, pastors,church members who we are not even sure how close really they are to God to pray 4 us how much more those that have been confirmed as saints and announced by the angel as blessed and full of grace. My little cent. A proud catholic.

Ur priests are alive,mary and d dead saints are dead....

If u pray thru or beg dead people to intercede for u to get to GOD it is tantamount to ancestral worship....if u don't know ,know now........

Jesus is d only person who has died and was ressurected that has d right to intercede for us....

Nobody or human can do that.....

Only those that are alive can pray for there fellow brothers and sisters who are alive as well......

As for d dead they are conscious of nothing @ all....

@poster.....u can attend any church u like.......
No wahala........
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
Where @t thou o De-Grace01? Answer my question!
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by ijawkid(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:

What do u understand about the great commission, mtt 28 vs 18 to 20, Jesus gave this authority to us not that we take his position but the bible said that we are co-heirs with Christ

Pastors or elders or priests are alive to carry out that assignment...

Please read james 5:13-15......

That scripture was directed to persons who are alive not dead persons

Mary and all d apostles are dead......

Dead persons are conscious of nothing oooooo........

Ok can any catholic please just quote 1 scripture were any of the early christians prayed thru dead saints or mary after she died??or even thru mary when she was alive??

I can bet my life that no scripture like that exists....

Only pagans pray thru or beg dead ancestors to intercede for them....
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by eyenCalabar(m): 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
lordizak: if saying *hail mary full of grace d lore is with u, blessed are u among women and blessed iz d fruit of ur womb jesus* and asking her 2 intercede on my behalf of my sin will make me go to hell, then hell i*ll go gladly. Not even if a pentecostal pastor raises me 4rm death will i convert. Catholic 2 d death i remain.

How long would this Mary continue praying for you? And how long would you keep committing your so-called sin? What did Jesus came to die for? And what are you still begging Mary to intercede for you? Big shame bro! Grow up pls. Stop wallowing in ignorance.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
joe4christ:
I intended quiting further discussing this issue but the holy spirit wants me to say some more so i'm gonna obey him.
Now i have a questions for you:
QUESTION (1) Is Jesus God? - I need direct answer pls!

Wait do not play wt the holy spirit ok, one thing wt pple like u is that they do not differrentiate btwn interest and inspiration from the holy spirit, dont run away tell me where l twisted things correct me let still continue on mediation. if u cannot understand this is it the mystery in oneness of God that u will undersstand, i guess it will be a waste of time so less ahead wt the mary being a mediator. but l warn u if u want to quit do not say holy spirir said u should go or stop just sign off quitely ok.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
QUESTION NO' (2) Do you believe he's omniscience, presence and potent?
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by ijawkid(m): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
De-Grace01:

Read 1 timothy 2;5....

1 Timothy 2:5
New International Version (NIV)
5 For there is one God and one mediator
between God and mankind, the man Christ
Jesus,

How do u like this scripture??
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
joe4christ: Where @t thou o De-Grace01? Answer my question!

l still maintain that we continue wt the first question about Mary unless u r now convince the we can now go over to ur next question. like i said earlier l ready to save u from the problem of ur ignorance ok.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
So if u believe Jesus is God, and he's omni-science, presence and potent meaning he knew what the future holds even while he was on earth, do you not think he would have known that somedday people are going to get confused and seperated about the spiritual responsibility and benefit of mary in christendom? Dont you think he (knowing the future)would have cleared the air once and for all by telling us vividly that mary and other saints are capable and empowered to interceed for us? Even apostle paul or peter never made mention of that and even Jesus christ our perfect example never made mention of that and when he was to pray for the resurrection of the dead body of lazarus he called on his heavenly father and not using any mediator.
Or further more he would have clearified that in moment his disciples came to him and asked him to teach them how to pray he would have stated it clearly that no they could only get to the father through mary as their mediator, or dont you think so?
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
ijawkid:

Read 1 timothy 2;5....

Jesus,

that is true also undisputable but the problem here is ur understanding of this passage otherwise why do u visit the sick and pray for him or her? you are doing it cos is the right thing to do as a mediator James 5 vs 14 to 16.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by joe4christ(m): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
ijawkid:

Read 1 timothy 2;5....

Jesus,

God bless you bro for that!
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by DeGrace01(m): 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
joe4christ: So if u believe Jesus is God, and he's omni-science, presence and potent meaning he knew what the future holds even while he was on earth, do you not think he would have known that somedday people are going to get confused and seperated about the spiritual responsibility and benefit of mary in christendom? Dont you think he (knowing the future)would have cleared the air once and for all by telling us vividly that mary and other saints are capable and empowered to interceed for us? Even apostle paul or peter never made mention of that and even Jesus christ our perfect example never made mention of that and when he was to pray for the resurrection of the dead body of lazarus he called on his heavenly father and not using any mediator.
Or further more he would have clearified that in moment his disciples came to him and asked him to teach them how to pray he would have stated it clearly that no they could only get to the father through mary as their mediator, or dont you think so?

lf this is the level of your knowledge i want to ask u, why did Jesus choose his disciples and commission them in the first place?
Your ignorance i keep saying is u do not understand as u read, in catholic church JESUS CHRIST is the begining, centre and the end of everything. some of u today when u say ur prayers in ur churches u do say God of........... u mention the name of ur pastors, what a contradiction. i raelly pray that ur eyes will be widely open the u will know what u r doing.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by amy2882: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
]@ Topic, na by force?[

The thing tire me oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019 Hallelujah Challenge Set To Start On 4th Of February On Instagram Live / "Your Wife Must Eat First Before You Eat" - Prophetess Patience Obi To Men / Sometimes We Think There Will Be No More Nigeria But It Keeps Standing — Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.