Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

Do African Americans Have A Culture? - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do African Americans Have A Culture? (59543 Views)

Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil / Why Do African Women Dislike African American Women? / Do African's Love Asian People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Go Down)

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 2:26am On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: below are the acclaimed ZuLu warriors who fought the dutch . I mean ,does anyone want to live their life like this? it's unfortunate the issue couldn't be resolved without war and colonization.

The zulu are a beautiful people, who are free to live however they see fit. You're a sick bast*rd, who hates being black.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 2:28am On Sep 12, 2014
all4naija:
I don't look down on blacks. I look down on blacks like you who can not make use of their brain to get organized and live a civilized life.

Of course because you want me to look down on my culture like you do. You're inferior. No wonder you spent your time projecting your idiocy on to me.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 12, 2014
mags5222:

The zulu are a beautiful people, who are free to live however they see fit. You're a sick bast*rd, who hates being black.
I hope you know you are a hypocrite, right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 2:52am On Sep 12, 2014
mags5222:
japanese sat down and thought to themselves ..... they did not claim to invent electricity or trains . they shoved their culture aside in order to move forward .
they cooperated and negotiated with the white man who has more weapons than them and capable of defeating them . . they built the following : 1. effective power station for uninterrupted electricity 2. demolished and rebuilt organized housing with parks ,schools and hospitals . lined the streets with trees .
3 created laws of the land.
(having fewer kids is better for society than having too many bastard kids)
4 industries .

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 2:57am On Sep 12, 2014
mags5222:

UAE did the same . they cooperated and reduced the price of oil. they accepted that the white man was the one who discovered and drilled the oil.
the Arabs never claimed to invent electricity or skyscrapers . they used their oil royalties to build a city,implement the electricity and skyscrapers and live in peace.

Singapore did the same . Taiwan did the same . Qatar did the same China did the same .

Mags5222 is trying to use a spear to fight someone who has (Nukes)(reconnaissance ) better weapon than she does .
you will only end up like the people below .

2 Likes

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 3:01am On Sep 12, 2014
Guess what happened to these ones who tried to expel the oil companies who discovered and drill the oil? they tried to inflate the price of oil to damage other people's economy.

Nigeria is a cooperative nation for the most part. Nigeria just needs a good leader to implement good roads , hospitals ,schools and better housing,better laws . have fewer kids and modest families.
Military base in Nigeria does not mean anything as there are military bases in Japan ,germany and UAE.
no one is hindering Nigeria from building good roads and schools . the military base has more to do with control .

Yes, puppet leaders are installed to secure their interest and make the oil or gold cheaper etc. but billions of royalty are also paid to these nations . the leaders are corrupt .
we need a good leader to use the royalties for the betterment of the society. there's nothing you can do about some of the circumstances at this time . you will be annihilated if you try to rebel . what don't you get? where is Martin Luther King or Malcolm X? are they alive today?

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 12, 2014
khiaa:

google it. He wasn't german he was born in germany to belgium parents. He was a moor and also nicknamed the black spainard. He was dicriminated against because of his dark skin and he was determined not to let the people make him feel inferior. google for more info.

Beethoven was not black . This and other ridiculous lies are part of a concerted effort among some Afrocentric "intellectuals" (I use that term loosely) to create an alternate history for black people.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 5:33am On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: UAE did the same . they cooperated and reduced the price of oil. they accepted that the white man was the one who discovered and drilled the oil.
the Arabs never claimed to invent electricity or skyscrapers . they used their oil royalties to build a city,implement the electricity and skyscrapers and live in peace.

Singapore did the same . Taiwan did the same . Qatar did the same China did the same .

Mags5222 is trying to use a spear to fight someone who has (Nukes)(reconnaissance ) better weapon than she does .
you will only end up like the people below .

People like you don't realize how industrialization has destroyed plant life animal life and human life. These same people created GMO germ warfare and chemical warfare. You're simply an id8t.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 5:35am On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: Beethoven was not black . This and other ridiculous lies are part of a concerted effort among some Afrocentric "intellectuals" (I use that term loosely) to create an alternate history for black people.

Umm this isn't an alternate history slowpoke! Blacks were/are powerful I know its hard to wrap your head around the fact that there were black nobility black generals in Europe's past history. Hell according to you and your friend blacks were savages who the white man came and civilized.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 5:38am On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: I hope you know you are a hypocrite, right?

How so? They are beautiful. You're backwards.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by khiaa(f): 6:03am On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: Beethoven was not black . This and other ridiculous lies are part of a concerted effort among some Afrocentric "intellectuals" (I use that term loosely) to create an alternate history for black people.

He was by the one drop rule.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Fulaman198(m): 7:36am On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: sad but true folks .
the only tribes who had some sort of horses and sophisticated dwellings were the northerner such as fulani which are arab /muslim influenced and spread from west to east of the sahel. that is why mensah musa was fulani, queen amina of zaria was fulani etc. you can see the arab/muslim influence.

You are spreading a lot of wrong information.

Mansa Musa was Mande
Queen Amina of Zaria was Hausa

Fulani are not Arab influenced

3 Likes

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 12, 2014
^^^^
I'm only familiar with Fulani and Hausa , it's a popular misconception in the south that the northern part is arab or muslim influenced and that Hausa and fulani are all the same people . pardon my subtle ignorance on that . my general point still holds .
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 8:42am On Sep 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

You are spreading a lot of wrong information.

Mansa Musa was Mande
Queen Amina of Zaria was Hausa

Fulani are not Arab influenced

smh.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Fulaman198(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: all the documentaries on africa shown on discovery channel,bbc and CNN are true .
when the europeans arrived in africa ,they saw africans living like savages ,killing twins and running around naked. although places like benin were well decorated with sculptures . the europeans marvelled at the benin city not because it was greater than London or Paris . they were only intrigued by the exotic arrangement.
africans were running around naked and living in mud huts and trees . in fact ,there are numerous tribes still living in mud huts and trees. one was just discovered last week.
the undiscovered parts of africa are still very much backward ,but coastal parts who were exposed to colonization like Nigeria,ghana etc. no longer live in mud huts . the traditional attires of most nigerian tribes were born out of colonization.

You might want to read up on your own history. This thread is a huge disgrace many disgraceful and uninformed posts coming from many people here. I'm debating whether to close it down if the naivety continues.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Fulaman198(m): 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ok closing thread it has gotten out of hand

1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads.
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group of people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19)

Olu Of Warri Hangs Out With FIFA Officials At Qatar (pics) / 'I Got Three Wives Through Flogging' - Fulani Man (photos) / About The Surnames Of Rivers State Indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.