Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria (13283 Views)

US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria / PROFILE OF A UNIVERSAL LEADER – KOFI ANNAN / Kofi Annan Quits As Un-arab League Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Freiburger(m): 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
Bright2: Freiburger,if Mubarak was given a fair trial atlist Assad & others to come would have been encouraged to step down at this point but for now,Assad have to fight to see the end i guess dat's wat he's trying to prove! But all thesame,innocent people has died already so the judgement will likely be like Muburak's vedict so if it were you,what will you do?
If i were him, i will step aside and seek refuge in one of my allie country, like they say a friend in need is a friend indeed abi?
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Freiburger(m): 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
gbadexy: African leaders should take a cue from mr annan.
The man knew he wasn't making any difference and he opt out, still leaving his integrity and reputation intact.
Some fools would rather cling to the job until disgraced out.
10Likes
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by gbadexy(m): 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
African leaders should take a cue from mr annan.
The man knew he wasn't making any difference and he opt out, still leaving his integrity and reputation intact.
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by gramci: 8:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
Blackteeth:
Yeah. As long as there is something to benefit.

Yeah, there should be something to again. Actors in the International System are no Santa Claus, ask your Colonial Masters. Its only a Country like Nigeria that sacrifices its soldiers in the alter of peace keeping without having an ulterior motive.
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by manny4life(m): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2012
gramci:

At least you agree with me that their is for America's intervention, don't you also think that since Assad has been relying on it Russian and Chinese ally to stay power, that America has no choice but to employ other means to remove Assad from power.

I never said there wasn't American intervention, what I'm saying is sending CIA to arm rebels with weapons isn't intervention anymore, that's more like encouraging WAR. Believe it or not, those rebels will withhold unto these weapons and sooner or later, they will become a thorn in U.S. with modern day terror financing. How do you think most of these terror groups came into existence?

America's concern hasn't been because he was relying on their allies for assistance, they already know that, America has been concerned with primarily removing Assad from regime. They tried using covert activities to dis-stabilize his government, while that worked, Assad is a strong man like Gaddaphi, he did not budge, my ONLY CONCERN is that America has come out openly saying we're supporting rebels which are more likely to turn out terrorist.
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Bright2(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
@Freiburger. Well those that did that before were called back from their place of refuge or exile for instance,Charles Tailor of Liberia. If that is the solution do you think Mubarak ignored it to face such trial?
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by xeonfredp: 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2012
i think its a good chance for russia to klean-up there werehouse ,they have to many wepon stored from the brokenup with all the other russian states
they have anoghu and can take care of thes by they self 50.000 missile is anoghu to put control in place
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Builder: 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
kofi annan is a living bastard, where was that cunt when nato was bombing libya, why is that idiot not fronting the hardship of black africans in libya...that fool called kofi just wanna had some nobel peace prize for his stupid work in syria.... when he should be stopping bloodshed on his continent, typical slave mentality

I pray Assad stays in power for as long as possible, there is millions of syrians supporting the assad regime but the main stream media dont think its important for their voices to be heard. The west and american just want regime change to suit their selfish agenda and dominate the world.. they have taken down gadaffi and ruined libya, not its syria, later it will be iran , venezuela and north korea. bloody bastards

1 Like

Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2012
I weep for Africa!!

America uses CIA's death squads a la Alqueda to destabilise sovereign countries on one hand - but call them terrorists on the other hand... grin grin

It's all a chess game - and Assad isn't going nowhere... The road leads to Tehran and Iran is ready for them...

PS: If you're one of those stupid linear thinkers (garbage in, garbage out from CNN) - please ignore my post and don't quote me...

Thank you in advance...

3 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by manny4life(m): 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2012
xeonfredp: i think its a good chance for russia to klean-up there werehouse ,they have to many wepon stored from the brokenup with all the other russian states
they have anoghu and can take care of thes by they self 50.000 missile is anoghu to put control in place

You really think so? You're funny, you do know that under the START Treaty, both U.S. and Russia signed the treaty to reduce their nuclear arms to I think either 1,500 or 2,500. Therefore, as it stands, while stockpile of 2,500 nuclear war heads are still in inventory of both nation, their inventory has been DRASTICALLY AND GREATLY reduced from the thousands they were before.
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by tubolancer(m): 9:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
Greediness is killing everybody!
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
It's a proxy war between two powerhouses...

CIA/MOSSAD/MI6/SAUDI intelligence killed Assad's henchmen last month - Iran retaliated by killing head of Saudi's intelligence and his deputy...

It's all a chess game - may the smartest win, but I think this going to lead to a big regional war...
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by SmoothCrim: 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
gbadexy: African leaders should take a cue from mr annan.

This!

Good post
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
SmoothCrim:
This!

Good post

Annan never went there solve anything - he was just a stooge used for logistics reasons by the neo-cons... The Russians/Chinese/Iranians know the game...

The old man just resigned because the real war is about to start - the road leads to Tehran... And the Iranians are ready for attack on their nuclear sites between September/October...

The world is definitely going to hell soon because America and Israel will be humiliated..

3 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Yinkay: 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
When the centre of the battle shifted to Aleppo, I know it will be turned to another world war among superpowers, the city has been a source of major conflicts since WW1
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by gramci: 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
manny4life:

I never said there wasn't American intervention, what I'm saying is sending CIA to arm rebels with weapons isn't intervention anymore, that's more like encouraging WAR. Believe it or not, those rebels will withhold unto these weapons and sooner or later, they will become a thorn in U.S. with modern day terror financing. How do you think most of these terror groups came into existence?

America's concern hasn't been because he was relying on their allies for assistance, they already know that, America has been concerned with primarily removing Assad from regime. They tried using covert activities to dis-stabilize his government, while that worked, Assad is a strong man like Gaddaphi, he did not budge, my ONLY CONCERN is that America has come out openly saying we're supporting rebels which are more likely to turn out terrorist.

You can't draw a parallel between these rebels and Al Qeda, cos the rebels will likely form the Government in post Assad regime. Unlike Osama Bin Laden who was used to fight the Soviet after which was abandoned.
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Freiburger(m): 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2012
Bright2: @Freiburger. Well those that did that before were called back from their place of refuge or exile for instance,Charles Tailor of Liberia. If that is the solution do you think Mubarak ignored it to face such trial?
These leaders sometimes make mistakes at the last minute, Haddam Hussein almost striked a deal with Spain for a billion $, and you think anyone can still recall that? he was messed up at the last minute, hope you stlll remember.
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by honeric01(m): 9:27pm On Aug 02, 2012
gramci:

At least you agree with me that their is for America's intervention, don't you also think that since Assad has been relying on it Russian and Chinese ally to stay power, that America has no choice but to employ other means to remove Assad from power.

Why is America hell bent on removing Assad? can you answer that?

1 Like

Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
This Bloodsuckers called the USA are at it again but by the time they will realize what they are doing to themselves by arming rebels it will be too late because those weapons will also be used against them. Osama was once a cia agent and wot did he do? Bomb em with what they taught him.

Let's put it this way. Russia and American are fighting a war in syria it has been the same the 2 countries always fights war by proxy
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by honeric01(m): 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
gramci:

You can't draw a parallel between these rebels and Al Qeda, cos the rebels will likely form the Government in post Assad regime. Unlike Osama Bin Laden who was used to fight the Soviet after which was abandoned.

I hope you still know Hezbollah and Hamas? i hope you know they also formed a govt even though they are seen as a terrorist group?
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by emsquare(m): 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
Lordave: They wan kill the old man? Abeg make im retire jorr.

Hahahahah
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Builder: 9:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
Shame!!! all the west wants is rule and enslave the world. Its been planned out by the bilderberg group.

The american general wesley clark said it himself that american will invade 7 countries in 5 years, so far its working according to plan

1 Like

Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by gramci: 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
shymmex:

Annan never went there solve anything - he was just a stooge used for logistics reasons by the neo-cons... The Russians/Chinese/Iranians know the game...

The old man just resigned because the real war is about to start - the road leads to Tehran... And the Iranians are ready for attack on their nuclear sites between September/October...

The world is definitely going to hell soon because America and Israel will be humiliated..

Humiliated by who? You really underestimate America
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Freiburger(m): 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
Builder: Shame!!! all the west wants is rule and enslave the world. Its been planned out by the bilderberg group.

The american general wesley clark said it himself that american will invade 7 countries in 5 years, so far its working according to plan
You 've got a point, but when a woman is being flogged for refusing to marrry a taliban, that brings some disturbances to some people.
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Freiburger(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
shymmex:

Great point, but i will say this again, Iran does not have any nuclear weapon. What we are seeing or hearing is just anothe propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by billyG(m): 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
I think Russia,china,Iran & N.korea shld be kicked out of d united nation dey hav no respect 4 human life. grin
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by honeric01(m): 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
billyG: I think Russia,china & N.korea shld be kicked out of d united nation dey hav no respect 4 human life

And the people America, Britain, France and Germany kills are not humans right? who's killed more people between America and China?

1 Like

Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
gramci:

I'm not underestimating America in a conventional warfare but Iranians won't fight the Americans with conventional warfare - they're the KINGS of asymmetric warfare. And once they close the strait of hormus; bomb all the oil fields in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Bahrain; launch about 200missiles on Tel Aviv; turn a couple of American aircraft carriers into scrap metals; and destroy a couple their bases in the Middle East - the USA will call for dialogue..

Iranians are super Nationalists and suicidal - these people would die for their country. They don't mind losing half of their population to protect their Persian history... They're PERSIANS not Arabs...

Go read about the Iraq vs Iran war - and how they won despite all the chemical weapons Saddam Hussein used on their soldiers with support from USA, UK, Saudi Arabia, ISrael etc.. They would have run over Baghdad, if not for those chemical weapons...

They're tough and highly intelligent people - and they have very strong military capabilities... They build their own submarines and missiles.. Iranians are tough people - if they were mugs, Israel and USA would've attacked them long time ago..

2 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by jude33084(m): 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
manny4life:

One day? Did you say one day? That day MAY NEVER or WILL NEVER come. While I DO NOT support Assad his regime nor his killing of innocent citizens, but interference of the CIA will worsen the situation, we're already know the results even before the cards have been dealt. Look around you, from Middle East to Africa, U.S. dictates for most of them and you say they will bite off more than they can chew?

I love America, but I think our govt leaders have already done that. Didn't Romney say that he will support Israel if they attacked Iran? Think about what will happen should Obama loose on Nov 4, the world is becoming unsafe, if things are handled with power and might rather than diplomacy, the world will degenerate into WW3. This war won't be fought by World powers but fought through their proteges. Guess who will be affected? I'll leave you to answer that

Even if Obama wins, H̲̅€ will still support Isreal. America is Isreal and Isreal is America cool
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by billyG(m): 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
gramci:

Go & check yur history Istrael & America never be humiliated by any country,
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by billyG(m): 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
gramci:

Go & check yur history Istrael & America can never be humiliated by any country,
Re: Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2012
Freiburger:
Great point, but i will say this again, Iran does not have any nuclear weapon. What we are seeing or hearing is just anothe propaganda.

They're just after their oil - they have the 3rd largest oil reserve in the world... And Israel knows Iran is the only country that can challenge it in the Middle East...

They've been on Iran's case for more than 30 years - but no one is brave to attack them... They used Saddam Hussein in 1980, and we all know how that ended with all the support and chemical weapons Saddam got from USA, UK, and Israel..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Hates Black People / Woman Sued Police For Shooting Her Dog 15 Times / Soldiers Didn't Burn BRT Buses In Lagos - Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.