Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! (26546 Views)

Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News / No Action From Shell, Nigeria On Ogoniland Pollution Report – Amnesty / Shell Accepts Responsibility For Oil Spills In Ogoniland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by 2sd(m): 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2012
Their local governments in rivers state
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by 2sd(m): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
Map Their local governments in rivers state

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Walexz02(m): 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
godstino: Viewing this topic: U.Cyril , Mrhod , amokemi , tope777 , femi_seun , Sammypeople , sleektee , Tonniey , abitex577 , yelanst ( m ), wyseautos , bootstrap ( m ), B4ME , Olorunwa1 ( m ), TRADEMARK ( m ), achi4u ( m ), lightheart ( m ), Abali1 ( m ), Jussi ( m ), boywaddon ( m ), laura E.L , Kingchuks ( m ), Jymes , iNVICTUSobi ( m ), olu4life ( m ), scopedon ( m ), Ray1251 , joeyztime ( m ), qwest , donjunu24 , igwe4life ( m ), Eazee-e ( m ), afrokarma , OneDy , imhomoh ( m ), kemidebbie ( f ), twinstaiye ( m ), Folubaba ( m ), Chuksprince , Mee234 , contra ( m ), sosereal201 ( m ), Kpac ( m ), Gaius667 , Prodigy246 , chi nene ( f ), bigx ( m ), Deprofessional , Sir cj , Ucheosefoh ( m ), lorddannie , abes ( m ), triaophant , Coefficient ( m ), omoredia , Dhelake , master2 ( m ), uchemanga ( m ), salemdv ( m ), impetus , chy22 ( m ), damola1 , mpumalanga , queenpin , idirect , topeorekoy ( m ), binger ( m ), eldagaius , ihebrooke ( m ), VolvoS60 ( m ), CHESSBOARD ( m ), Olanlere11 , aderemi457 ( m ), lynx200 , ayox2003 ( m ), Ejiné ( m ), hardniola , bomsilaga ( m ), Joeblis ( m ), Kolapo , kokowe ( m ), gramci , acidtalk , Castos ( m ), ndu_chucks , Vykiano ( m ), musKeeto ( m ), babyboi992 ( m ), Eben15 , saints_1 ( m ), babseg ( m ), trigar12 ( m ), rhemaplus ( m ), economia , touch_me_hard , Hye-Bits , saxywale ( m ), berem ( f ), Datfine boy , okeniyi ( m ), akereconfi ( m ), django59 , jpworld ( m ), Enoquin ( f ), Ceenelly ( m ), lacasa , vinc , Valo29 , stepo707 ( m ), buJu-234 , Gentiejag ( f ), God'sknight ( m ), Freeanijoo ( m ), williamsm , John311 , 401kk , erniewhez , tonadoes , olu30p , AyoGolden ( m ), colly227 ( m ), anochuks08 ( m ), Kx , godstino , oladimeji02 , Babaofor ( m ), ebamma ( m ), worldbest ( m ), zeefa , hovic ( m ), Shynumuolu and 128 guest(s)...CHAI,,WE NEED AUTONOMY IN NAIRALAND TOO...
U ar a FOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by noiseless: 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2012
LONG LIVE OGONILAND! And many congratulations to fully free yourselves from all the nigeria's economic and political prisons in the nearest future! We the NDIGBO/BIAFRANS congratulate in advance the soon coming REPUBLIC OF OGONILAND. And for the hypocrites, who are hoping to use the nigerian army or their born to rule mentality to stop this good move, you are hereby warned, that any violence against this people will surely backfire against you the shameless AGRESSORS in the manner which you will regret.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by SkyBlue1: 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
Camilia247:

then wot is it abt, if not oil, if the didnt hav it, wud de even tink of seceding? u seem not to know wot the ve gain frm their oil, despite d pollution whch we all frown at, the elite in ogoni collect dis huge oil gains, send few abroad, lavish on themselves and friends, and become ogoni big bois..who is to b blame...if the feel wot de get isnt enof, the shud meet dis their so call big bois to explain...dis is not just the right time for this, some pple believe that if de seperate that it will be jolly jolly jolly all the way, i laugh, cos de is no country with problems and theirs wil b worse cos the will definitely b conflict of interest, true or false? lets seek beta ways to better naija than to start wot we cnt finish.

The structure of this country is not working. Do you really understand this at all or are you SO focused on oil and oil money that you cannot comprehend this? It genuinely scares me to even indulge the thought that many people might think like you to be honest. A nation needs direction, shared vision bought into by ALL, equity for ALL, and a sense of belonging for ALL. These are parts of the things that form a nation people want to be in. But you can't seem to comprehend this because of this obsession and fascination with oil, and this childish fear of losing this oil.

The greatest tragedy of Nigeria and the people in that region would be after the oil is finished and we realise that we have lost and not gained. That will be the real cold water on the face. Unfortunately, it seems we are heading in that direction. Everything oil oil oil. Oil stole my wife, oil slept with my husband, oil cheated on me. Gosh!

2 Likes

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Cleverley(m): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2012
[quote author=edoyad]I'd like to see how the FG reacts to this. A committee will be set up to look into the ogonise
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by lacasa: 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
sizzlinghottie: Your comment is very ridiculous, its as if you don't even know your history or maybe you skipped social studies in secondary school. What has "Nigeria" as a nation achieved since independence? A country that has 521 spoken languages, different cultures and religion, how do you want to put that under one roof. Am surprised we lasted this long, but enough is enough. Its high time we divided and freee ourselves from our colonial masters. So don't call them daft just because they are doing something that should have been done yeaars before you were even born.

My point Exactly, "Daft" undecided
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Beaf: 12:59pm On Aug 03, 2012
Cleverley:
I'd like to see how the FG reacts to this. [b]A committee will be set up [/b]to look into the ogonise

That is exactly how it should be. cool
We are now a civilised country. If you want the Ogoni's back, then convince them about what you can contribute to them feeling any belonging.
All Nigeria wants is their oil while saying, "phuck those minority people."

Perhaps, the rest of the SE/SS will begin reacting more strongly.

2 Likes

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by sherrylo: 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
Good for ogoni people. I wish them well and i am sure yoruba people wish them well too.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
The sooner we sit down and negotiate Nigeria, the better for us all.

At least, this is better than the Boko Madness!

I don't mind paying for visa to enter ogoni land.

And soon, any Boko kindred that wants to enter into our own territory must pay for visa.

It is a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Cleverley(m): 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
Beaf:

That is exactly how it should be. cool
We are now a civilised country. If you want the Ogoni's back, then convince them about what you can contribute to them feeling any belonging.
All Nigeria wants is their oil while saying, "phuck those minority people."

Perhaps, the rest of the SE/SS will begin reacting more strongly.
ogoni people are they not SS? I pity them sha.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Cleverley(m): 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
2sd: This the map of ogoniland.
bro, even my own villa get map.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by NAJALYN: 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2012
O God this is not good. The Federal Government should quickly intervene.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Dejiro(m): 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2012
At least here is a Goodluck with balls!
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2012
Gej is destined to be the last president of a "united" nigeria. No wonder Obj and Ibb issued a joint statement threatening fire and blood if nigeria divide.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by aljharem(m): 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
we in the west/north wish una goodluck. wink

smiley
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
Benjamin onwuka and the whole radio biafra crew should come together and declare biafra republic on or before november 5
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by bashr8: 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
NAJALYN: O God this is not good. The Federal Government should quickly intervene.
intervene and do what? why are people against this, what kind of wicked and hopless human beings do we have in nigeria? can you tell me one thing you are benefitting from them and what they are benefitting from you or nigeria? silly babarian like you.

2 Likes

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by aljharem(m): 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: Benjamin onwuka and the whole radio biafra crew should come together and declare biafra republic on or before november 5

I would be praying for baifra. i HOPE IT COMES TRUE. smiley smiley smiley

BTW where is biafra territory ? Please my brother, we need to be clear where it starts and stops.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by bashr8: 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
alj harem: we in the west/north wish una goodluck. wink

smiley
thats a big lie, you wish them military action , see as all of you dey threaten
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Beaf: 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
Cleverley: ogoni people are they not SS? I pity them sha.

You pity people who know what they want and who you can offer nothing? Thats really strange, bro.
The rest of the SS is not too far behind, the SE is even closer.
These people have realised the immense power they wield in the nation, only to have reaped suffering, pollution and death before now.

The current Nigerian architecture has nothing to offer minorities; luckily God blessed these same minorities with the golden egg that powers both the FG and its allocations.

Perhaps, the only way to force through the much needed national conference is for each and every SE/SS group to declare indigenous rights to autonomy with the UN like the Ogoni's. Only then will Nigeria wake up and people finally start reasoning like humans.

We are better off as one country, but no group is slave to the other.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by aljharem(m): 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
bashr8: thats a big lie, you wish them military action , see as all of you dey threaten

No bashr8, why would I wish for a group of self determined people to have to fight a war ?

Even if it is Biafra or Odua or Arewa I wish them goodluck. smiley
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by kettykin: 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: Benjamin onwuka and the whole radio biafra crew should come together and declare biafra republic on or before november 5

What the former Region needs to do now is to secretly petition the UN, ICC, World Court at the Hague , the UNHRC about the plight of Ogoni's and encourage other Minorities to do the same, while the World is considering the Ogoni issue,Biafrans can now support Ogoni to leave there after they can jointly push for other territories to leave too this time with Ogoni supporting.

I believe with world Support there is nothing a million OBJ or IBB or Gowon or Awowlowo can do

1 Like

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by TalkingBird: 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2012
Hum oh!
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Dede1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2012
@ OP
I lend my unconditional support to the people of Ogoni who are seeking independent state of Ogoni land.

@2sd
Eleme is not Ogoni land.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Chyz2: 2:28pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dede1: @ OP
I lend my unconditional support to the people of Ogoni who are seeking independent state of Ogoni land.

@2sd
Eleme is not Ogoni land.

As long as Eleme is not Igboland thats not our business. If it contains any part of our land and they are parading it as Ogoni land then we can join matters.

1 Like

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Dede1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2012

I suggest Republic of Igbo land instead. This will encourage other ethnic nations in former eastern region to follow suit. When thay have successfully achieved autonomous entity, they could convene to discuss the issue of United States of Biafra or Union of Biafran States.

3 Likes

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Dede1(m): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chyz*:

As long as Eleme is not Igboland thats not our business. If it contains any part of our land and they are parading it as Ogoni land then we can join matters.

Bros. it was at Eleme that then Minister Dr. Tam David-West was refused welcome homage during his tour of the Rivers State seeking a site for Petro-Chemical Plant because David-West was allegedly termed an Igbo hater. It was only when the minister informed the community leaders that he was part of Igbo since his grandmother and mother were Igbo and one can not hate oneself that the minister was allowed to sit and share kolanuts with them.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Rhino5dm: 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
So, Eleme is now part of Ibo land? Whatever you are smoking must be soo strong.

The Ogoni people have endured the recklessness of Nigerian state for too long and I wish them luck in whatever they do that will bring joy to that devastated land.

Dede1:

Bros. it was at Eleme that then Minister Dr. Tam David-West was refused welcome homage during his tour of the Rivers State seeking a site for Petro-Chemical Plant because David-West was allegedly termed an Igbo hater. It was only when the minister informed the community leaders that he was part of Igbo since his grandmother and mother were Igbo and one can not hate oneself that the minister was allowed to sit and share kolanuts with them.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
Please MOSOP - vote GEJ as your First President and also declare Economic Independence lipsrsealed
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Rhino5dm: 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2012
Do you think Ogoni people are stupid to vote in a silver-back gorilla as their first president? They have highly intellectual eligible candidates to fill that position and not some PDP hand picked morron with an IQ of a hybrid goat. Abomination!!!

Bros, Jonathan can't make a councillor in Ogoni land -FACT!

lagerwhenindoubt: Please MOSOP - vote GEJ as your First President and also declare Economic Independence lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Dede1(m): 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
So, Eleme is now part of Ibo land? Whatever you are smoking must be soo strong.

The Ogoni people have endured the recklessness of Nigerian state for too long and I wish them luck in whatever they do that will bring joy to that devastated land.

It is Yoruba land because what I am smoking is super strong, olodo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Jega: Patriotism Means To Stand By The Country Not By The President / 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election / Kwande, APC BOT Member, Attends PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.