Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! (26548 Views)

Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News / No Action From Shell, Nigeria On Ogoniland Pollution Report – Amnesty / Shell Accepts Responsibility For Oil Spills In Ogoniland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Ufeolorun(m): 4:51pm On Aug 03, 2012
Rampaging secessionists who stumbled into power are using the ogonis as a smoke screen for a bigger machinations.
OBJ and IBB didn't just issue a statement o they are also monitoring
You can't pull the rug of the feet of others and not expect a forceful response.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Rhino5dm: 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
carry on!

bashr8: eleme is mostly ogoni ,dont confuse it with elele unless your refering to residents. anyway no matter what they are they are not considered part of igbo speaking rivers state so it is not our buisness who they are.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Chyz2: 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
dayokanu:

I reponded to the below user who was trying to trashtalk the Ogonis who are known to be brave people unlike his own Pusssy warlord who fled to Abidjan

Harsh words from someone whose leaders fled nigeria because of IBB and Abacha. Emphasis on leader[b](S)[/b]. Please lets not go there. Maybe you are unaware that Ken Saro Wiwa came to an Ohanaeze meeting two days before his arrest date to beg both Ohanaeze and Ojukwu(the man who you are the only to say is a coward)for help. It's karma. Ken Saro-Wiwa as said by Obasanjo came to Obasanjo to convince him to give all Igbo property and land to the Ogoni and also punish the Igbos some more. Obasanjo told him NO, that he was not out to oppress the Igbos. Dede1's comment is deeper than you you know so that's why I suggest you stay out of it.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Dede1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
dayokanu:

A brave man is one who fought and died for what he believes in.

A coward is one who ties wrapper and flees to Abidjan

Even his deputy Effiong was ashamed of the man Ojuku

As usual, you are entitled to your moronic opinions. If the likes of Murtula Mohammed had stayed and died in Abagana, he would not have been Nigeria’s Head of State. If the loudmouthed Benjamin Adekunle did not horridly scamper to Port Harcourt when his lead brigades were scattered, a RoosterDrinker such as you would have a sealed lips.

1 Like

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Chyz2: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
@Mr.chippychappy, no need to insult their leader on a time like this. You can speak of his evils of he and his people without insult
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Pukkah: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
The Ogoni declaration is only bringing to the fore that all is not well within the union called Nigeria. Every part of the country is living below its potentials and the people are undeservedly suffering and languishing. Over the years, governments have failed woefully to ensure the welfare of the citizens and protection of properties.

As the subject of the review of the constitution gathers momentum, shouldn't the following questions agitate our minds and excite debates?

1. Why should the constitution hold the view that the union is indestructible when, indeed, the needs, interests, and circumstances of people at different times do change?

2. Why can't people demonstrate their constitutional right of association by demanding for secession or a break away from the union? In other words, why can't we have constitutional right of secession? Why can't any state or region have the right to peaceably secede and become an independent republic?

3. In a similar vein, why can't a state or a part of it in another country join the existing union or a part of it that is broken away? Why can't the union admit more people to join it?

4. It is usually said that we did not come together as citizens to put together the present constitution, however, let's assume that we, or our forebears, have become subscribers to it. As current subscribers, don't we have the right to revoke the ratification by our forebears of the constitution which bans secession?

5. Is the union older that the people or is it the people that are older than the union? Whose interest should be supreme or protected - that of the people or the union?
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Dede1(m): 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chyz*:
@Dede1, no need to insult their leader on a time like this. You can speak of his evils of he and his people without insult

Which leader are you talking about in the above post?
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by dayokanu(m): 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chyz*:

Harsh words from someone whose leaders fled nigeria because of IBB and Abacha. Emphasis on leader[b](S)[/b]. Please lets not go there. Maybe you are unaware that Ken Saro Wiwa came to an Ohanaeze meeting two days before his arrest date to beg both Ohanaeze and Ojukwu(the man who you are the only to say is a coward)for help. It's karma. Ken Saro-Wiwa as said by Obasanjo came to Obasanjo to convince him to give all Igbo property and land to the Ogoni and also punish the Igbos some more. Obasanjo told him NO, that he was not out to oppress the Igbos. Dede1's comment is deeper than you you know so that's why I suggest you stay out of it.

Which of these my leaders were leading an army like the coward Ojuku.

Just mention one leader who fled war front dressed like a woman

read what a real warlord, Effiong had to say about Ojuku

When Biafra's military resistance collapsed, [size=28pt]Ojukwu fled to Côte d'Ivoire[/size].

Efiong assumed leadership in this situation of turmoil, starvation, and collapse. He became Head of State of Biafra on 8 January 1970 and on 12 January announced surrender.[1]

At the time of the surrender, Efiong believed that the situation was hopeless and that prolonging the conflict would have led only to the further destruction and starvation of the people of Biafra. At that time Effiong said, "I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end."[1]

Nnaemeka L. Aneke wrote, "General Efiong’s handling of Biafra’s surrender is one of the most tactical and devoted maneuvers ever seen on the Nigerian scene. Those who do not appreciate the depth of it may not have appreciated what was at stake as Biafra capitulated."[2] Many observers had expected wholesale retribution at war's end.
[edit]

Later life

In a 1996 interview, Efiong reflected on those events:

I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria. . . .

I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. . . .

At the end of it all when I saw they (Biafran soldiers) could no longer continue and [size=28pt]Ojukwu had fled[/size], I did what was ideal after wide consultation . . . [2]

Efiong died 6 November 2003, at the age of 78 less than two weeks before his 79th birthday.

The b1nch fled the war front and left the populace to die

What a shame to war generals.

God bless Effiong a true general who waited not the biatch who fled
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Rhino5dm: 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
I'll advice you to swim the pacific ocean than to reason with Dede1. He is hard as stone and his IQ is embarrassingly low.

Chyz*:
@Dede1, no need to insult their leader on a time like this. You can speak of his evils of he and his people without insult

1 Like

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by dayokanu(m): 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dede1:

As usual, you are entitled to your moronic opinions. If the likes of Murtula Mohammed had stayed and died in Abagana, he would not have been Nigeria’s Head of State. If the loudmouthed Benjamin Adekunle did not horridly scamper to Port Harcourt when his lead brigades were scattered, a RoosterDrinker such as you would have a sealed lips.

Dendemoron foaming in the mouth like the epileptic pig that he is

Question again Tell us any respected war leader who was leading an army and fled dressed like a woman to Abidjan

Saro Wiwa died for what he believed in Ojuku fled from what he claimed he believed in
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Beaf: 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2012
jaybee:

Lol. where have they gone? foolish comment.

Your comment is the foolish one, bruv. Ogoni minds have obviously left Nigeria.

The real question is; what restructing has Nigeria got to offer to win back those minds? This is pertinent, because almost all in the SE/SS are disgruntled, because the country was designed as a parasite (whereas, we have so many talents and alternate resources to oil).
Nigeria is not in a state of robust health, unfortunately it was deliberately made so to suit the pockets of the "owners."

The owners of Nigeria in turn, have become a plague on their immediate surroundings, so the national question is far from simply an Ogoni one.

5 Likes

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Chyz2: 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dede1:

Which leader are you talking about in the above post?

my bad meant Mr.chippychappy
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Rhino5dm: 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2012
someone is paying the price of provoking Lord Dayo undecided lmao.

dayokanu:

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Chyz2: 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dude say what you want. Learn how to be proud of your people for once in your life. You're bothering about a people you dont regard yours in any way. This is about Ogoni independence. Dont know why youre focusing on Igbos,lol
dayokanu:

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Pukkah: 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
The fact is that every part of Nigeria is today disgruntled or seriously complaining about one thing or the other. There are divisions and tensions all over the land.

States have become 'begging centres' and the monthly journey to Abuja to share the proceeds from the Federation Account has become a clockwork routine.

1 Like

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Dede1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
I'll advice you to swim the pacific ocean than to reason with Dede1. He is hard as stone and his IQ is embarrassingly low.

The day I reason with you along the same blank of a debate shall be cursed. What a numbskull.

1 Like

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Beaf: 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ufeolorun: Rampaging secessionists who stumbled into power are using the ogonis as a smoke screen for a bigger machinations.
You can't pull the rug of the feet of others and not expect a forceful response.

Lol! Ogoni's who are less than a million pulling "the rug of the feet of others?!"

Comedy!

Everybody should have their own rug. cool

1 Like

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Rhino5dm: 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
Broda, ha far nah?

Beaf:

Your comment is the foolish one, bruv. Ogoni minds have obviously left Nigeria.

The real question is; what restructing has Nigeria got to offer to win back those minds? This is pertinent, because almost all in the SE/SS are disgruntled, because the country was designed as a parasite (whereas, we have so many talents and alternate resources to oil).
Nigeria is not in a state of robust health, unfortunately it was deliberately made so to suit the pockets of the "owners."

The owners of Nigeria in turn, have become a plague on their immediate surroundings, so the national question is far from simply an Ogoni one.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Chyz2: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ufeolorun: Rampaging secessionists who stumbled into power are using the ogonis as a smoke screen for a bigger machinations.

What's your business whether they pull the rug or sleep on it?
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Rhino5dm: 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
care for some meth? LWKMD!!!

Dede1:

The day I reason with you along the same blank of a debate shall be cursed. What a numbskull.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chyz*:

Dude say what you want. Learn how to be proud of your people for once in your life. You're bothering about a people you dont regard yours in any way. This is about Ogoni independence. Dont know why youre focusing on Igbos,lol

Because Igbos being the scum they are are always trash talking others.

If its a berom -Fulani fight, trust Igbos to be there to spew their rubbish, Ijaw fights- Igbos would be there to say rubbish about Biafra, Now ogoni took the bold step and declared independence, the Igbo coward is here once again to spew trash in their direction.

Wetin concern Ogoni independence with Chippychap, Dendemoron etc to be yarning rubbish.

We Yorubas wish Ogonis all the best in whatever direction they choose and they have my support for whatever they do, I understand their struggle and would never laugh at their pains unlike the uncultured people from the lineage of cowards who made Abidjan his home during war
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Chyz2: 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Because Igbos being the scum they are are always trash talking others.

If its a berom -Fulani fight, trust Igbos to be there to spew their rubbish, Ijaw fights- Igbos would be there to say rubbish about Biafra, Now ogoni took the bold step and declared independence, the Igbo coward is here once again to spew trash in their direction.

Wetin concern Ogoni independence with Chippychap, Dendemoron etc to be yarning rubbish.

We Yorubas wish Ogonis all the best in whatever direction they choose and they have my support for whatever they do, I understand their struggle and would never laugh at their pains unlike the uncultured people from the lineage of cowards who made Abidjan his home during war

But what exactly are you doing in this thread then, Mr.Superman. Showing your hypocricy. You do not understand their struggle, at all. Do you know that your people are the one here insulting the ogoni. Wey tin concern them yet who you seem to talk of is two or three igbo guys who actually arent even opposed to their independence.

2 Likes

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Dede1(m): 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Dendemoron foaming in the mouth like the epileptic pig that he is

Question again Tell us any respected war leader who was leading an army and fled dressed like a woman to Abidjan

Saro Wiwa died for what he believed in Ojuku fled from what he claimed he believed in

Dayolodo

What a dullard such as you will call fled, a tactical combatant such as me will call retreated.

1 Like

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Afam4eva(m): 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2012
I'm really happy for them Ogoni people. They've really suffered in the hands of Nigeria just because they have oil. I wish them the very best and hope to see more of this in the near future.

1 Like

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by RoadStar: 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
[size=15pt]I DEY LAUGH O![/size]
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dede1:

Dayolodo

What a dullard such as you will call fled, a tactical combatant such as me will call retreated.

Jesus of Arochukwu!!!

bros shey na Yinglish you murder like dis? Abeg abeg begin type for Igbo. We go try understand

Warlord retreating to Abidjan while his populace are left at the mercy of the opponent.

You still wonder why they named you Dende?
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chyz*:

But what exactly are you doing in this thread then, Mr.Superman. Showing your hypocricy. You do not understand their struggle, at all. Do you know that your people are the one here insulting the ogoni. Wey tin concern them yet who you seem to talk of is two or three igbo guys who actually arent even opposed to their independence.

I did not see any of my people here insulting their leader Saro-Wiwa

Rather its the efulefu stillborn calling the whole Ogoni people snakes, treacherous and wishing they were hanged

Or the moronic agbaya called Dendemoron despite being covered with grey hair due to malnutrition and Kwashiorkor suffered as a child between 1967-1970 in the hands of "You know who"
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Rhino5dm: 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
After the retreats what happened? only to come back and become a failed politician and be buried as a "korofo" by thesame people who massacred your people?

owned up grandpa, you are too old to be lying like some cheap punny. Mazi Dede1 cool grin

Dede1:

Dayolodo

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Chyz2: 5:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Rather its the efulefu stillborn calling the whole Ogoni people snakes, treacherous and wishing they were hanged

Or the moronic agbaya called Dendemoron despite being covered with grey hair due to malnutrition and Kwashiorkor suffered as a child between 1967-1970 in the hands of "You know who"

Their leader has absolutely nothing to do with you. Your people are here left and right throwing e-mud at these people for absolutely no reason other than them declaring ogvernmental independence for their people. You last statement is funny. It is the single reason why Igbo people never regard you people and see yorubas as beneath us.
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Dede1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Dayolodo,

I have observed you are mentally handicapped, olodo. My posts explicitly carried my unconditional support for the Ogoni people who wished for nationhood.

To a moronic dingbat such as you, staging objection of Eleme as Ogoni amounts to calling “Ogoni people snakes, treacherous and wishing they were hanged”

2 Likes

Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by dayokanu(m): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chyz*:

There leader has absolutely nothing to do with you. Your people are here left and right throwing e-mud at these people for absolutely no reason other that them declaring ogvernmental independence for their people. You last statement is funny. It is the single reason why Igbo people never regard you people and see yorubas as beneath us.

Oh Igbo people dont regard us. So our lives are in ruin, I laff in Ahiazu.

Yorubas are beneath you lol. Yet no Igbo man can make it without trooping to Yorubaland

Abeg make i change my laff to Gurumaharaji
Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by Dede1(m): 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
After the retreats what happened? only to come back and become a failed politician and be buried as a "korofo" by thesame people who massacred your people?

owned up grandpa, you are too old to be lying like some cheap punny. Mazi Dede1 cool grin

A pig shall always remain a pig despite efforts to make it look otherwise. Must every retreated combatant comes back to fight? What business does a jackass such as you have about a failed or successful politician? I guess every person in your blood line is a cheap punny, Alhaji Rhinoceros.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Gov. Amaechi Observing Palm Sunday. / Edo Decides: PDP Say Police Officers Are Supporting APC To Snatch Ballot Boxes / Buhari Shuns Lagos Visit, But Hosts Ogun Governor At The Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.