Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (203081 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Davedavy: 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2012
Nezan: I have been a silent follower of Spyder on all his threads and I must confess he is good. I just finished building my 4 bedroom bungalow all rooms ensuite with main and children's sitting, POP, step alluminium all courtesy of the Spyder inspiration. Kudos my man! you are doing a wonderful job.

Nice one bro.Seriously speaking,Oga Spider has been a great inspiration to many people me inclusive,i wouldnt have started my building project if not for him and am alone,my 4 bedroom is almost completed now.At times when i discuss with the guy supervising my project,he go just dey wonder how come i sabi about house construction like this smiley.
Infact,due to the immense knowledge i have garnered here,i had the idea of how much each stage of the project was going to cost before even asking the supervisor,i was able to haggle prices better and i was able to make better decisions.
Thanks a great deal Mr Syder,may God continue to bless you and your family.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Sprumbaba: 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2012
spyder880: The effect of different roof colours on the building. The Sienna.

Hey Spider, they have finished this beautiful house you posted its un-completed some months ago. I actually saved those pictures on my computer. Can we get like more detailed pictures?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by NL1960: 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2012
Davedavy:

Measure the height of the wall,multiply it by the length of the wall,that is the area of that particular wall.Hope u get it.

Yes oooooooo. I get it. Thanks. Una too much for this properties section.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by xtremious(m): 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2012
Oga sypder and all learned forumites,I have a question and will appreciate If you can help me.I got a land sometimes ago which I wanted to use for 2 x 3 bedroom bungalow joined together but due to the problem of omo onile,we had to start something on the land.

We started with the foundation of one 3 bedroom flat, did the german floor and raised it till window level, but now I am just wondering if it is still possible to start the other 3 bedroom flat beside the first one, will there be any problem? The german floor will be casted separately, but the walls will join with the first house, and they will have only one roof, will the house still chain together?

The land is dry and flat, my supervisor said it is okay, he even said I can complete the first 3 bedroom and do the other 3 bedroom anytime I have money for it, but I don’t want to take chances. Kindly let me know your take on this.
Thanks
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2012
We also worked here today, will be back in a moment.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2012
we are starting to form the wardrobes in the bedrooms, this formation will be supported from under with wood and then decked

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
from the top of this lintels

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2012
The top of the balcony at the back of the house

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2012
door into a bathroom

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
bugmenot:
Welldone Oga Spyder! If only you knew how many people draw their inspiration from you... Only God can reward you.

One question about the picture you labelled "the front, with part of the BQ" - Is the BQ in front of the main building?

It is in the front right hand side of the compound.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2012
Nezan: I have been a silent follower of Spyder on all his threads and I must confess he is good. I just finished building my 4 bedroom bungalow all rooms ensuite with main and children's sitting, POP, step alluminium all courtesy of the Spyder inspiration. Kudos my man! you are doing a wonderful job.

Congrats man, but please show us some pictures so we can also learn a little from your building experience. When is the house opening ceremony cheesy cheesy
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2012
Davedavy:

Nice one bro.Seriously speaking,Oga Spider has been a great inspiration to many people me inclusive,i wouldnt have started my building project if not for him and am alone,my 4 bedroom is almost completed now.At times when i discuss with the guy supervising my project,he go just dey wonder how come i sabi about house construction like this smiley.
Infact,due to the immense knowledge i have garnered here,i had the idea of how much each stage of the project was going to cost before even asking the supervisor,i was able to haggle prices better and i was able to make better decisions.
Thanks a great deal Mr Syder,may God continue to bless you and your family.

Thank you guys, if not for the support and encouragement you guys give my, I would have left this building thing a long time ago.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2012
Sprumbaba:

Hey Spider, they have finished this beautiful house you posted its un-completed some months ago. I actually saved those pictures on my computer. Can we get like more detailed pictures?

It is now very difficult to do since the owner and his family have moved into this property.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by NL1960: 10:03am On Nov 30, 2012
Demain_man:

You also do same for wall. Height x Floor Length = Area for that side. Do same for all sides and total all areas to get your wall area. I belief you can get that info on youtube even with drawings for better clarity. Rgds

Davedavy:

Measure the height of the wall,multiply it by the length of the wall,that is the area of that particular wall.Hope u get it.

Please, one last question for the gurus. I have a store in my project. Is it compulsory to cover the walls of the store with tiles?.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Demainman1: 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2012
I also have a store beside my kitchen and I do not plan to cover the wall right now as i don't think it's necessary except someone can convince me with good reasons about the need to do so.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2012
NL1960:

Please, one last question for the gurus. I have a store in my project. Is it compulsory to cover the walls of the store with tiles?.

Demain_man: I also have a store beside my kitchen and I do not plan to cover the wall right now as i don't think it's necessary except someone can convince me with good reasons about the need to do so.

The need for tiles on walls is to answer to two major situations, these are to prevent water from soaking into walls, thereby damaging good paint work or other wall treatments. This is why we have wall tiles on bathrooms and washrooms.

We also need wall tiles in kitchens, which by its nature, cooking activities which can emit smoke and darken the walls is mostly done there, or other dirt which can stain the walls from liquid, semi-liquid and oily food substances like oil and tomato paste. This will necessitate the placement of tiles on kitchen walls for easier wash offs. Same goes for garages and car parks.

But the kitchen store is mostly locked, only opened when you want to bring out a food item in its raw, canned or fresh state. I dont see so much need to tile the kitchen store, except you have some tiles remaining after doing the whole house cheesy
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2012
We worked in this site today, mostly forming rods which will carry the outer pillars. The carpenters will frame these concrete pillars before we cast them, thereafter we lay blocks around it.

The plan is to top the blocks on the beams by tomorrow in preparation for the parapet which will start anytime soon, the roofing follows almost immediately.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by tlops(m): 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2012
How many days now?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:01am On Dec 02, 2012
tlops: How many days now?

We stopped counting days a long time ago due to many other delays beyond our control. Work continues tomorrow.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by mafifle: 10:21am On Dec 02, 2012
@orif Spyder, please can you share the orignal plan and design for this building .
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 12:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
prince_onx:
My late grandfather always quote that "when people want to cheat you they switch to foreign language" in other word big grammar.
A western/white man will take complicated things and make them very simple, while an African/black man will take simple things and make them very complicated
@jites: tell your guy to save you/us the headache and go straight to the point and call things the way they are and understandable especially for a first time builder like you. What is preliminary? Is that suppose to be omo-onile fee? Or cutting of grass/bush? What is sub-structural work? Is that digging of foundation? Or setting of blocks? Tell him to brake down his cost in a layman term such as: how many blocks @ what cost each and total, how many bags of cement @ what cost and total, cost of labour @ what stage? etc. How many pieces of doors and windows for a BQ is he quoting you over N200k? and at what cost each? This are things you need to know and ask before anything. Also, as a first time builder, I'll advise you to both get your quote and do this project in stages! That is: get a quote for both material and labour for foundation first, then german floor, then block setting, then lintel, and so on. Worry about the structure skeleton first before finishing!

Dude,

U cracked me up with the bolded, lol grin grin grin grin , that is why people like spyder will keep attracting more customers and believeable, cos he makes complicated things very simple to understand. Spyder, I think u could earn some good money writting a book, making building procedures and languages simpler for Nigerians to see, what do u think?. smiley smiley
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2012
omanzo02:

Dude,

U cracked me up with the bolded, lol grin grin grin grin , that is why people like spyder will keep attracting more customers and believeable, cos he makes complicated things very simple to understand. Spyder, I think u could earn some good money writting a book, making building procedures and languages simpler for Nigerians to see, what do u think?. smiley smiley

I like the idea, I will give serious thought to it.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
omanzo02:

Dude,

When a contractor use words like preliminary, sub-structure, super-structure, etc while trying to build a 2 bedrooms and a living-room BQ especially for a client that is building for the first time and know nothing about building, I wonder the language/English he will use/speak if he's quoting or building a duplex?
Like you rightly said, that's why Spyder stands out and honest! A lot of people have acquired so much knowledge, ideas, and experience about building just by going through his threads. Even women that will originally say they know nothing about building coment and contribute here too! Why? Because Spyder will tell you what the next plan is, carry out the project, and show you a picture of what it is. He tell you they're starting a foundation tomorrow and after the foundation he show a picture of what it is making is easy for a layman or first time builder to know what he's talking about! Same thing when he start block setting, German floor, walling, lintel, decking, etc! Now compare that to preliminary stage @ N250k? If you agree and pay, who will you blame if they tell you the next day that preliminary stage is just cutting of grass?

@jites: where you disappear go sef? Abi you contractor don make you believe say you never ready? Lets hear from you.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
prince_onx:
When a contractor use words like preliminary, sub-structure, super-structure, etc while trying to build a 2 bedrooms and a living-room BQ especially for a client that is building for the first time and know nothing about building, I wonder the language/English he will use/speak if he's quoting or building a duplex?
Like you rightly said, that's why Spyder stands out and honest! A lot of people have acquired so much knowledge, ideas, and experience about building just by going through his threads. Even women that will originally say they know nothing about building coment and contribute here too! Why? Because Spyder will tell you what the next plan is, carry out the project, and show you a picture of what it is. He tell you they're starting a foundation tomorrow and after the foundation he show a picture of what it is making is easy for a layman or first time builder to know what he's talking about! Same thing when he start block setting, German floor, walling, lintel, decking, etc! Now compare that to preliminary stage @ N250k? If you agree and pay, who will you blame if they tell you the next day that preliminary stage is just cutting of grass?

@jites: where you disappear go sef? Abi you contractor don make you believe say you never ready? Lets hear from you.

U are on point with the analysis, most builders are funny with languages, these days I just refer people to read thru Spyder's thread for an idea of the building terrain. It's a pity internet access in Nigeria is still for the rich, what spyder is doing is an excellent marketing idea to reach wide range of people and might change how most people deal with builders, and that alone is a milestone.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
spyder880:

I like the idea, I will give serious thought to it.
I think it worth trying, don't forget that's how Ikea started, making furniture and providing details drawing of how to assemble it yourself, today they are the biggest furniture company in the world. Every success begins with an idea, if u improve on it, it can bubble beyond your expectations.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Nezan(m): 11:56am On Dec 03, 2012
spyder880:

Congrats man, but please show us some pictures so we can also learn a little from your building experience. When is the house opening ceremony cheesy cheesy

I tried uploading some pictures but its not coming up.Will try later.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
prince_onx:

@ Prince_onx Oga prince i dey o i never disappear, after reading your advice i stopped to reaccess and evaluate, i immediately torn up the initial plan and got a new one drawn for a 3 BEDROOM BUNGALOW and a BOYS QUARTER. i never start sha because of the rain but what i intend doing now is start moulding blocks that will be sufficienty for taking both projects to the lintel level. after following Spyder and listening to you guys it will be suicidal to have gone with that guy that was speaking a different language to me. me now i don learn a new language and method and the language is called SPYDER LANGUAGE. Even as far as the block moulder i dey use spyder language to negotiate, i don drive one away when dey speak PRELIMINARY LANGUAGE for me, now i have found one whose price is comparable to what spyder is paying his. so na so i plan to do am stage by stage, i know how much spyder spent on the BQ foundation so i go use that one to guage my own too. although like i was asking spyder the other day, it look like say spyder BQ don turn to 2 self contain rooms. but i intend to do mine as a living room, a bedroom, toilet and kitchen. and to be honest he dey look like one bedroom flat to me. what is actually the difference sef between a one bedroom flat and a BQ.
Anyway, my brother na so i c am o, thanks to you and spyder and all the other contributors, i intend to start the actual buildings by January 2013 by the grace of GOD. i need a little advice is it better to use these hollow block that spyder is using so or the solid ones for a swampy land? or what situations as in land type or building type is a solid book good for?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 3:17am On Dec 04, 2012
work went on well today here.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 3:20am On Dec 04, 2012
and this

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 3:22am On Dec 04, 2012
still topping the final blocks before the roofing

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 3:32am On Dec 04, 2012
making more casts to elongate the pillars

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 4:40am On Dec 04, 2012
@ jites: thanks for the update and am glad we could help. Also good to know you already started moulding blocks for your project and I will strongly advise you to start as soon as you have enough blocks on ground because materials will always go up in prices. Once you start off with the foundation and block setting you'll have more zeal to finish the house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.