Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (202869 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
watch those metal pegs, placed there after our checks to ensure a level cast. The height of this small peg is the thickness of our concrete blinding.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:46pm On Aug 10, 2012
more blocks made

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2012
extra precautions made me to use 16mm rods for the foundation starter rods.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
16mm

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
more iron works

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 11:59pm On Aug 10, 2012
Learning and watching with red eyes!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:42am On Aug 11, 2012
If we had bought our blocks or made them earlier, we would be setting blocks by this evening and tomorrow. But it cannot happen because I want these blocks to dry out well before use.
We will lose 2 days but I still believe we shall meet up with the target completion timeline. The learning point here is that we are supposed to start making the blocks for the walling stage (after German floor) by now so that it will be drying before get ready to use them.
My boys will have to return to Enugu this evening and return to site by Monday next week, meanwhile we are going to be watering the blocks for the next few days.
Work continues today.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by remcoface: 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2012
spyder880: If we had bought our blocks or made them earlier, we would be setting blocks by this evening and tomorrow. But it cannot happen because I want these blocks to dry out well before use.
We will lose 2 days but I still believe we shall meet up with the target completion timeline. The learning point here is that we are supposed to start making the blocks for the walling stage (after German floor) by now so that it will be drying before get ready to use them.
My boys will have to return to Enugu this evening and return to site by Monday next week, meanwhile we are going to be watering the blocks for the next few days.
Work continues today.

well done boss. grin grin
we are waiting smiley
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by ckenneths(m): 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2012
remcoface:

well done boss. grin grin
we are waiting smiley

My main man, have you started the roofing yet? People love your house and have been asking me lots of questions about it. They want to know how much has been spent in total. Lovely house there.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by ckenneths(m): 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2012
We have completed the blinding of this foundation and stood the starter pillars in readiness for block laying inside the foundation but our blocks are not yet ready. We shall return to site by early next week to continue operations.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by remcoface: 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2012
OGA SIR NO PICTURES YET? PLEASE DON'T WHAT I ASKED YOU grin grin
THANKS.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2012
remcoface: OGA SIR NO PICTURES YET? PLEASE DON'T FOR WHAT I ASKED YOU grin grin
THANKS.

No pictures from this site today, I was in the Owerri site to inspect works but works went on without hitches. All the column rods are now standing. More pictures as from Monday.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by remcoface: 10:32pm On Aug 11, 2012
spyder880:

No pictures from this site today, I was in the Owerri site to inspect works but works went on without hitches. All the column rods are now standing. More pictures as from Monday.

THANKS AND ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2012
remcoface:

THANKS AND ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF!

Which day off? I will be speeding to Asaba first thing tomorrow morning to see a new site there, so much activity these days. But God dey sha cheesy
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by remcoface: 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
spyder880:

Which day off? I will be speeding to Asaba first thing tomorrow morning to see a new site there, so much activity these days. But God dey sha cheesy

OKAY NOW HAPPY WORKING grin grin
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by 9ijaprince(m): 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
spyder880: If we had bought our blocks or made them earlier, we would be setting blocks by this evening and tomorrow. But it cannot happen because I want these blocks to dry out well before use.
Work continues today.
Oga spyder welldone oh! pls what is the minimum days block takes to dry and be ready for use.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
9ijaprince:
Oga spyder welldone oh! pls what is the minimum days block takes to dry and be ready for use.

Minimum of 3 days, the more days you leave it, the better if you can afford to wait. Remember to water the blocks every morning.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
Moving to Ebonyi now, will post pictures here later at night.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
we have stood all the column rods and cast it down with concrete. All the column baskets have been placed on the ground and the rods are now balancing on to of it. No shaking cheesy

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
moving on

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
rods

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
back line

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
Last week, we made these blocks for the foundation.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
more materials are arriving the site daily

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
These blocks were made today, it will be ready for use as from Thursday morning, it will be watered every morning.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:19am On Aug 14, 2012
More blocks will be made today. I am still bringing in more materials for the German floor while planning ahead for the second stage (walling stage)
The weather has been very lenient with us, allowing us to mold these blocks and deliver materials in time. We pray for more sunshine today.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
I spent all afternoon buying up materials for the internal plumbing works for this house. This plumbing work will be commenced as soon as we are filling up the foundation after block setting works. These are some of the top quality materials I took away to the site.

This are some of the shops where we choose from a variety of items.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
Although we are working in Ebonyi, I went to the Kenyatta market in Enugu to pick all these items and transported them to Ebonyi. Quality on my mind.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
These are the 4" tee and elbows, Tiger green brand

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
The brand name is very visible

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
The Niger pipes are among the very best of pipes here in Nigeria. Very elastic and flexible, not the type that cracks and leaks inside walls. car tyres can climb Niger pipes and it will only collapse, but not crack or break. Make sure you see markings like this before you believe it is Niger pipes.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
more of the pipes, 4", 3" and 2"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.