Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,200 members, 7,845,960 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (203655 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 12:40am On May 15, 2013
moree

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 12:41am On May 15, 2013
moreeeeeee

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 12:42am On May 15, 2013
So thats where we are at right now, bought all the window frames today, will fit them first and later on we will put the aluminium sliding window. I want to thank the house for their encouragement so far, especially oga Spyder and prince onx its a small project but spyder say he nor matter make i call am my castle for now thats why he named it MENS' QUARTER, God will provide fund for bigger and better building later.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 1:16am On May 15, 2013
jites: So thats where we are at right now, bought all the window frames today, will fit them first and later on we will put the aluminium sliding window. I want to thank the house for their encouragement so far, especially oga Spyder and prince onx its a small project but spyder say he nor matter make i call am my castle for now thats why he named it MENS' QUARTER, God will provide fund for bigger and better building later.
Belle don dey sweet you now! I was almost dragging you to start! Now you're smiling. Good job bro! I told you that the only tough part or toughest part is starting. Not too long hopefully, we'll all be back here to deliberate about house number two. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by mufutau55(m): 2:28am On May 15, 2013
jites: So thats where we are at right now, bought all the window frames today, will fit them first and later on we will put the aluminium sliding window. I want to thank the house for their encouragement so far, especially oga Spyder and prince onx its a small project but spyder say he nor matter make i call am my castle for now thats why he named it MENS' QUARTER, God will provide fund for bigger and better building later.

Good job Jites, keep it up.. my MENS' QUARTER is also progressing nicely. After roofing, I have wired it, bought all 16 casement TOWER windows, made nogging for ceiling, need to buy PVC for ceiling soon, just completed digging of borehole. I am buying doors soon and plastering and plumbing will commence soon too, labor for bricklayer is very expensive in Lagos.

I will post some pictures later and probably start a new thread about "BUILDING OF MENS' QUARTER" compliment of OGA SPYDER880.. once again congrats. Can you post another picture of the roof when it's completely finised?

Jites, can you please tell in details how much the plastering cost? I mean breakdown for cements, sand, and bricklayer labor. You can reply to my email by sending me your email address if you want. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 9:41am On May 15, 2013
My cost of plastering
Expected plastering work:
1. 20 bags of cements @ N1,750x20=N35,000
2. Brick layer (N2,000 per partitionx33)=N66,000
3. Helper N2,000x7=N14,000
4. One tipper of mud sand=N13,000
5. Emergency fund(which include water tank, fuel, etc=N5,000
Total=N133,000

The helper gets paid 2000N per day and the bricklayer estimated 7 days for the work which equates to 7 partition per day but i have told him to take it easy no rush cos Oga spyder say the average is 4 per day, so the guy don mellow now he is doing 4-5 per day.
Those doors are metal doors to keep the place secure a little bit so we can keep material on site overnight, we are repainting them cream cos those colour are hideous lol. pic of one of the protector for the window attached

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by bisifunke: 10:01am On May 15, 2013
I will soon start my building project called "MY ABODE" on another thread. I will try as much to give details with pic and as the project progresses. A 3 bedroom bungalow in PHC.

I want to recognize spyder880 and appreciate his supports, I made a lot of inquiry from him like what, what to, how to when to and why etc. He is such a nice man. He encourage me to go ahead and i gathered a lot of experiences from his thread and building expertise. Please watch out for MY ABODE
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by mufutau55(m): 3:01pm On May 15, 2013
jites: My cost of plastering
Expected plastering work:
1. 20 bags of cements @ N1,750x20=N35,000
2. Brick layer (N2,000 per partitionx33)=N66,000
3. Helper N2,000x7=N14,000
4. One tipper of mud sand=N13,000
5. Emergency fund(which include water tank, fuel, etc=N5,000
Total=N133,000

The helper gets paid 2000N per day and the bricklayer estimated 7 days for the work which equates to 7 partition per day but i have told him to take it easy no rush cos Oga spyder say the average is 4 per day, so the guy don mellow now he is doing 4-5 per day.
Those doors are metal doors to keep the place secure a little bit so we can keep material on site overnight, we are repainting them cream cos those colour are hideous lol. pic of one of the protector for the window attached

Thank you Jites. I have also received your private email and already replied to it.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:30pm On May 15, 2013
bisifunke: I will soon start my building project called "MY ABODE" on another thread. I will try as much to give details with pic and as the project progresses. A 3 bedroom bungalow in PHC.

I want to recognize spyder880 and appreciate his supports, I made a lot of inquiry from him like what, what to, how to when to and why etc. He is such a nice man. He encourage me to go ahead and i gathered a lot of experiences from his thread and building expertise. Please watch out for MY ABODE

This is the biggest good news I have heard today, go on and start the thread, you will enjoy the experience. May cash never dry from your pockets as you build your ideal home, we are waiting for the pictures grin
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2013
We are still planning to roof this house, pictures of the wood, treated with solignum lying in front of the BQ.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On May 15, 2013
Just before we began the work today.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On May 15, 2013
And we set to work 5 minutes after jumping down from the vehicle.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On May 15, 2013
30 minutes later, work continues, we can conclude this BQ wood work within the week.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:54am On May 17, 2013
We have completed this roofing wood work for the BQ, pictures coming later.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2013
spyder880: We have completed this roofing wood work for the BQ, pictures coming later.

More pictures from this roofing by tomorrow.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by tlops(m): 8:25pm On May 18, 2013
Happy weekend

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:34pm On May 18, 2013
tlops: Happy weekend

If you see the fun am having here, I got two bottles of wine from two different nairalanders in two different places today, I am chilling them for a super Sunday. Toast! grin grin grin
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:37pm On May 18, 2013
Looking at our new roof from under, the quality is there.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:45pm On May 18, 2013
The completed wood work for the BQ

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:50pm On May 18, 2013
Closer look of the roof. Stone coated roofing tiles is next, watch this space.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:49am On May 19, 2013
The BQ pictured above, all the materials and labour used to build it, including this wood work for the roof has cost about N390k only. The stone coated roofing tiles comes next.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Niiade(m): 9:03am On May 19, 2013
spyder880: The BQ pictured above, all the materials and labour used to build it, including this wood work for the roof has cost about N390k only. The stone coated roofing tiles comes next.

My oga, are you saying the total money spent to get the BQ to this stage is 390K only?

Thanks and well done sir.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:03am On May 19, 2013
Niiade:

My oga, are you saying the total money spent to get the BQ to this stage is 390K only?

Thanks and well done sir.

Yes you are right, N220k for the building and N170k for the whole roof works. It is cheap because I did not draw any building plan, I sat down on the site one day and drew the plans with my hands and asked my boys to start digging it. I will start building N1m houses for sale very soon.

House plus land N3.5m in a developing area where land cost is around N2m. We are just starting.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 12:53am On May 22, 2013
spyder880:

Yes you are right, N220k for the building and N170k for the whole roof works. It is cheap because I did not draw any building plan, I sat down on the site one day and drew the plans with my hands and asked my boys to start digging it. I will start building N1m houses for sale very soon.

House plus land N3.5m in a developing area where land cost is around N2m. We are just starting.
N1m as in land and building or the client provide the land and you build for N1m?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 4:35am On May 22, 2013
prince_onx:
N1m as in land and building or the client provide the land and you build for N1m?

In this particular building, the client provided the land and the building alone cost N1m. But my plan is to start looking for cheap lands and produce the same N1m house and then add the cost of land to it, whatever it comes to, but my prices will be competitive.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2013
Bq building updates, roof to be done on Monday as the queve is long here. Other guys have ordered for roofing and my turn will come next monday.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On May 28, 2013
I am currently talking about the full development of the entire surroundings of this house. The owner of this duplex asked me to explore the possibilities of adding some outdoor sporting facilities in this compound. I had suggested to him that we can fit a badminton and table tennis courts at the left hand side of this house but my Oga seems to love the idea of a lawn tennis court on the right, (pictured). I am working on the details and this might be the first time I am doing this, but be rest assured I will do this very well as I have a good team of experienced men.

Stay tuned as we keep bringing you the best of our offers.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:24pm On May 28, 2013
What about a swimming pool? cheesy

When I saw this man-made dug out near this duplex and the way rain water collected into it to make it a swimming pool, I took a picture of it and sent to my client, I was not surprised when he asked if we can convert this to a well built swimming pool. Why not? We can do this! I love doing new things as there is a great benefit from new knowledge.

Watch this space.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by stancydg: 11:40pm On May 28, 2013
Oga Spyder, impressed wit ur picture updates,its my first time stumbling on ur thread. Am an architect, finished from unilag. I practice on my own as c.e.o of paradysity nig. ltd. Av got several works on going in Ondo and lagos states but I need more. If your work load gets bloated, please feel free to contact me for 2d designs and detailed working drawings, realistic 3d simulations and site work. I could have uploaded some of my works but for the size of the files. My number is 07034643328. email is stancy_g@yahoo.com. Cheers.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by bugmenot: 6:26pm On May 29, 2013

Which is more ideal for conveying water from an overhead tank to the house - reinforced plastic pipes or galvanized steel pipes? Are there any specific brands you can recommend?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:43am On May 30, 2013
stancydg: Oga Spyder, impressed wit ur picture updates,its my first time stumbling on ur thread. Am an architect, finished from unilag. I practice on my own as c.e.o of paradysity nig. ltd. Av got several works on going in Ondo and lagos states but I need more. If your work load gets bloated, please feel free to contact me for 2d designs and detailed working drawings, realistic 3d simulations and site work. I could have uploaded some of my works but for the size of the files. My number is 07034643328. email is stancy_g@yahoo.com. Cheers.

OK my man, although I currently work with Kkunsults most times but we shall all keep working together for the general good of the housing sector in this country, I will note your number. You are welcome.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:44am On May 30, 2013
bugmenot:
Which is more ideal for conveying water from an overhead tank to the house - reinforced plastic pipes or galvanized steel pipes? Are there any specific brands you can recommend?

I am more comfortable with reinforced plastic pipes, Niger brand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.