Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (203327 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by mufutau55(m): 1:11am On Apr 16, 2013
@Jites
What is this one? Is this the soak-away?
I intend to use the same soak-away for both Duplex and Mens Quarter,
because of space, so it will be big. That will start soon.
It's not easy doing this buidling thing from diaspora..

Hajji Mufutau

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 8:39am On Apr 16, 2013
Hi Hajji,
Wow, i am very impressed with your MQ, the roof is very beautiful and well done. What was the cost of the alluminim and workmanship? i am being quoted between 230k -260k including workmanship. the MQ contain
Living room,
bedroom
seperate room/storeroom
varander,
kitchen
seperate toilet
seperate bathroom.

Yes those are slab for the sockaway and the consultant advised that we raised the sockaway a little bit. The sockaway will be just for the MQ- Spyder you have to patent this "MQ" TERM O cos na you be the first to use it.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by mufutau55(m): 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2013
jites: Hi Hajji,
Wow, i am very impressed with your MQ, the roof is very beautiful and well done. What was the cost of the alluminim and workmanship? i am being quoted between 230k -260k including workmanship. the MQ contain
Living room,
bedroom
seperate room/storeroom
varander,
kitchen
seperate toilet
seperate bathroom.

Yes those are slab for the sockaway and the consultant advised that we raised the sockaway a little bit. The sockaway will be just for the MQ- Spyder you have to patent this "MQ" TERM O cos na you be the first to use it.

Yeah! I like the term Spyder880 used for the Quarters (MENS QUARTER). My MQ may be bigger than yours, not sure.
I sent you an email thru nairaland.. if you send me your actual email we can compare the floorplan.

Below are the cost brokendown into pices (Woods, Aluminum and Labor):
BQ Roofing Expenses - Materials and Labor

150 pcs of 2x4x12 = 73,500
100 pcs of 2x3x12 = 39,000
16 pcs of Facing Board = 25,600
40 pcs of 2x2x12 = 15,000
Planning and Cutting = 2,400
Nails for Wood = 6,200
Oja Agba = 3,600 =========>>> Blades for tying wood down to the building lintel
2 Gallons of Solignum = 8,000
25 Litres of Kerosine = 3,000
Transport for Wood = 7,000
Omo Onile = 50,000 ===============>>> This may not concern you there.(Ogun/Lagos is problematic with this)
Omo Onile Drinks = 3,500 ===============>>> This may not concern you there.(Ogun/Lagos is problematic with this)
Carpenter's Labor Pay = 90,000
316m of .55mm Aluminum = 363,500
Aluminum Nail = 12,000
Transport for Aluminum = 10,000

TOTAL = 712,300.00

Hope the above breakdown helps.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
mufutau55:

Yeah! I like the term Spyder880 used for the Quarters (MENS QUARTER). My MQ may be bigger than yours, not sure.
I sent you an email thru nairaland.. if you send me your actual email we can compare the floorplan.

Below are the cost brokendown into pices (Woods, Aluminum and Labor):
BQ Roofing Expenses - Materials and Labor

150 pcs of 2x4x12 = 73,500
100 pcs of 2x3x12 = 39,000
16 pcs of Facing Board = 25,600
40 pcs of 2x2x12 = 15,000
Planning and Cutting = 2,400
Nails for Wood = 6,200
Oja Agba = 3,600 =========>>> Blades for tying wood down to the building lintel
2 Gallons of Solignum = 8,000
25 Litres of Kerosine = 3,000
Transport for Wood = 7,000
Omo Onile = 50,000 ===============>>> This may not concern you there.(Ogun/Lagos is problematic with this)
Omo Onile Drinks = 3,500 ===============>>> This may not concern you there.(Ogun/Lagos is problematic with this)
Carpenter's Labor Pay = 90,000
316m of .55mm Aluminum = 363,500
Aluminum Nail = 12,000
Transport for Aluminum = 10,000

TOTAL = 712,300.00

Hope the above breakdown helps.

Hajji Mufutau

@ Hajji, Yeah it helped and yes i think your MQ is way bigger than mine. Thanks for sharing it will serve as a guide line.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by mufutau55(m): 12:25am On Apr 17, 2013
jites:

@ Hajji, Yeah it helped and yes i think your MQ is way bigger than mine. Thanks for sharing it will serve as a guide line.

Forgot to tell you that the "Carpenter's Labor Pay of 90,000 Naira" is for both Wood (Nogging) and the Aluminum work.
The guy did both because he is very knowledgeable on all roofings and all carpentry works.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by tlops(m): 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2013
following
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
mufutau55:

Forgot to tell you that the "Carpenter's Labor Pay of 90,000 Naira" is for both Wood (Nogging) and the Aluminum work.
The guy did both because he is very knowledgeable on all roofings and all carpentry works.

Hajji Mufutau

@ Mufutau55, just concluding the roofing of my MQ, hopefully today latest early next week, a little rain delayed us but need to cover the wood ASAP to avoid rain damaging the wood.
I needed to ask you a question regarding plastering as thats my next stage, i know there are different ways of costing it and i think spyder outlined something about this on some thread. i wanted to know how you costed yours and what the cost was of plastering both inside and outside.
i have been given the following quote and i need the house to advice accordingly if its relatively okay.
We are going with costing by dimension so they guy counted and said the MQ has 33 dimension both inside and outside and cost per dimension is 2,000

33 dimension- 2000x 33 =66,000
helper 2,000 daily X 5 days= 10,000-
the workman estimate that he can do 7 dimensions per day so finishing the entire work in 4.71 days so approximately 5 days really- bringing the helper cost to 2,000 x 5 days = 10,000
20 bags of cements at 1750 each = 35000
1 mud sand at 13000
sharp sand dont know the cost well my credit finished as i was talking to my manager lol but these are the main cost roughly.
So what do you think, Spyder also cast your sharp eye on these estimate too please. Thanks
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2013
jites:

@ Mufutau55, just concluding the roofing of my MQ, hopefully today latest early next week, a little rain delayed us but need to cover the wood ASAP to avoid rain damaging the wood.
I needed to ask you a question regarding plastering as thats my next stage, i know there are different ways of costing it and i think spyder outlined something about this on some thread. i wanted to know how you costed yours and what the cost was of plastering both inside and outside.
i have been given the following quote and i need the house to advice accordingly if its relatively okay.
We are going with costing by dimension so they guy counted and said the MQ has 33 dimension both inside and outside and cost per dimension is 2,000

33 dimension- 2000x 33 =66,000
helper 2,000 daily X 5 days= 10,000-
the workman estimate that he can do 7 dimensions per day so finishing the entire work in 4.71 days so approximately 5 days really- bringing the helper cost to 2,000 x 5 days = 10,000
20 bags of cements at 1750 each = 35000
1 mud sand at 13000
sharp sand dont know the cost well my credit finished as i was talking to my manager lol but these are the main cost roughly.
So what do you think, Spyder also cast your sharp eye on these estimate too please. Thanks

It is called "partition" not dimension. A partition is usually 12ft of wall space. I pay N1500 per partition and pay N2000 for each partition if he will pay his server after the day. I have a plastering budget of N450,000 for this duplex on this thread, (all materials and labour, up and down plus pararet plastering.)I am still asking my Oga to upgrade the amount for us.any pictures for us? cheesy
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 4:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
spyder880:

It is called "partition" not dimension. A partition is usually 12ft of wall space. I pay N1500 per partition and pay N2000 for each partition if he will pay his server after the day. I have a plastering budget of N450,000 for this duplex on this thread, (all materials and labour, up and down plus pararet plastering.)I am still asking my Oga to upgrade the amount for us.any pictures for us? cheesy

@ Oga Spyder thanks a lot, atleast,today i have learnt that its called partition not dimension; not bad for someone who knew absolutely NOTHING about building before i met Oga spyder, so once again thanks. I think i have to try and bargain the price of per partition with him to see if he can bring it down a little bit because if Spyder is paying 1500, the 2000 i am being quoted is a bit on the high side, i will definately try and bring it down a little bit. As for the server which is 2000 daily its kind of ok if he actually completes 7 partition per day which means the server effectively gets 2000/7 = 285.71 per partition... seems okay to me.
I am a bit busy this weekend but i will try and upload some pictures next week. Have a gra8 weekend everyone!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2013
jites:

@ Oga Spyder thanks a lot, atleast,today i have learnt that its called partition not dimension; not bad for someone who knew absolutely NOTHING about building before i met Oga spyder, so once again thanks. I think i have to try and bargain the price of per partition with him to see if he can bring it down a little bit because if Spyder is paying 1500, the 2000 i am being quoted is a bit on the high side, i will definately try and bring it down a little bit. As for the server which is 2000 daily its kind of ok if he actually completes 7 partition per day which means the server effectively gets 2000/7 = 285.71 per partition... seems okay to me.
I am a bit busy this weekend but i will try and upload some pictures next week. Have a gra8 weekend everyone!

I have never met anybody that can complete 7 partitions, (nearly 2 rooms) in a day. Outside is even worse, 3 partitions in the average because of scaffolds and weather.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by bristol201(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
spyder880:

Oga Spider, First and foremost, thank you for this thread. Personally, l have learnt a lot of things from you even though l'm a silent fan of yours. My question is, you quoted N450,000.00 for plastering including materials and labour for the duplex.Can you please estimate how many bags of cements to complete this job.
I asked this question because l'm currently on a project of this size(duplex) in Ibadan l was told to prepare for 200-250 bags of cement and N380,000,00 for labour. Thanks.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:39am On Apr 27, 2013
bristol201:
Oga Spider, First and foremost, thank you for this thread. Personally, l have learnt a lot of things from you even though l'm a silent fan of yours. My question is, you quoted N450,000.00 for plastering including materials and labour for the duplex.Can you please estimate how many bags of cements to complete this job.
I asked this question because l'm currently on a project of this size(duplex) in Ibadan l was told to prepare for 200-250 bags of cement and N380,000,00 for labour. Thanks.

My quote for N450k for all plastering (including the parapet) was not a wise move. I have seen that I will struggle to do all that work with N550k-N580k. I am still asking my client to please upgrade the money as we are about to start plastering soon.
But on the cement need, I think 150 bags can complete everything about the plastering of that size of house.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2013
Spyder880,

As a professional builder, which is advisable, Doing the german floor first before block work up , or continue block work up to do the flooring later?.

Thanks.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:41am On Apr 27, 2013
omanzo02: Spyder880,

As a professional builder, which is advisable, Doing the german floor first before block work up , or continue block work up to do the flooring later?.

Thanks.

German floor first.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Farm1: 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
Spyder880,

How many trip of plastering sand and sharp will be enough to plaster this duplex u are talking about? I have a similar project

regards

spyder880:

My quote for N450k for all plastering (including the parapet) was not a wise move. I have seen that I will struggle to do all that work with N550k-N580k. I am still asking my client to please upgrade the money as we are about to start plastering soon.
But on the cement need, I think 150 bags can complete everything about the plastering of that size of house.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2013
spyder880:

German floor first.

Thanks, that is what intended doing.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 1:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
Farm+:
Spyder880,

How many trip of plastering sand and sharp will be enough to plaster this duplex u are talking about? I have a similar project

regards

Budget for 7 or 8 trips.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by bristol201(m): 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
spyder880:

[quote author=spyder880]

Oga Spider, many thanks for your quick response. With your explanation,i strongly believe i should prepare my mind towards at least max. N600,000.00 for my project rather than the previous estimate of about N800,000.00.
I must go back to the drawing board with my bricklayer or look elsewhere for an alternative. Indeed you have made my day. Thank you and God Bless.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by lovetosin: 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
I THINK YOU SHOULD STICK WITH YOUR TARGET ESTIMATE OF 800K TO AVOID ANY SURPRISES.TO GET A GOOD PLASTER,I DONT THINK 600K IS ANY WHERE CLOSE TO GET A GOOD PLASTER,I BUDGET #1M FOR MINE BUT AM HOPING ITS NOT MORE THAN 850K,ITS MORE TO AIM HIGHER AND FIND OUT ITS LOWER THAN OTHERWISE.
A LITTLE BREAKDOWN FOR YOU,

150 CEMENT @ 1700 = #262,500 (ACCORDING TO SPYDER,CHANCE IS,IT MIGHT BE MORE)
8 TRIPS PLASTER SAND @#25000 = #200,000
WORKMANSHIP LABOR #380,000 = #380,000 (VERY VERY GOOD PRICE,SEEN OTHERS QUOTE CLOSE TO 700K)
TOTAL = #842,500

THEN YOU THINK ABOUT OTHER EXPENSES LIKE WATER AND MINOR UNEXPECTED STUFF,WHICH EVER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT, DOUBT IF 600K WILL BE ENOUGH,I STAND TO BE CORRECTED THOUGH, GOODLUCK ALL THE SAME.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by bristol201(m): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2013
love-tosin:
I THINK YOU SHOULD STICK WITH YOUR TARGET ESTIMATE OF 800K TO AVOID ANY SURPRISES.TO GET A GOOD PLASTER,I DONT THINK 600K IS ANY WHERE CLOSE TO GET A GOOD PLASTER,I BUDGET #1M FOR MINE BUT AM HOPING ITS NOT MORE THAN 850K,ITS MORE TO AIM HIGHER AND FIND OUT ITS LOWER THAN OTHERWISE.
A LITTLE BREAKDOWN FOR YOU,

150 CEMENT @ 1700 = #262,500 (ACCORDING TO SPYDER,CHANCE IS,IT MIGHT BE MORE)
8 TRIPS PLASTER SAND @#25000 = #200,000
WORKMANSHIP LABOR #380,000 = #380,000 (VERY VERY GOOD PRICE,SEEN OTHERS QUOTE CLOSE TO 700K)
TOTAL = #842,500

THEN YOU THINK ABOUT OTHER EXPENSES LIKE WATER AND MINOR UNEXPECTED STUFF,WHICH EVER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT, DOUBT IF 600K WILL BE ENOUGH,I STAND TO BE CORRECTED THOUGH, GOODLUCK ALL THE SAME.
@Love-Tosin, Thank you for your great advise and particularly the analysis you made. It all makes my decisions better because l stand a better chance of not been cheated putting Oga Spider's analysis and yours into consideration. Thank you all.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
Spyder880,

After following your thread and advice for a long time, I finally started my project as if I had 25 year experience in building grin grin grin grin, , also thanks to Prince_Onx and others for their insight, funny jokes and simplified grammar in getting builders to get straight to the point hahaha grin grin grin, here are pics of how far we have gone so far.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
more update will follow as we progresses.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
^^^ solid blocks, its cool. Keep them coming.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 7:19pm On Apr 28, 2013
spyder880: ^^^ solid blocks, its cool. Keep them coming.

I'll use solid blocks for the ground floor and hollow blocks for the upper floor.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 6:12am On Apr 29, 2013
omanzo02: Spyder880,

After following your thread and advice for a long time, I finally started my project as if I had 25 year experience in building grin grin grin grin, , also thanks to Prince_Onx and others for their insight, funny jokes and simplified grammar in getting builders to get straight to the point hahaha grin grin grin, here are pics of how far we have gone so far.
Welcome aboard bro! Are you building for commercial or personal use? How many flats will it be? Or is it a duplex?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:48am On May 04, 2013
omanzo02:

I'll use solid blocks for the ground floor and hollow blocks for the upper floor.

Have you donr the DPC for this house?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:59am On May 04, 2013
I will return to this site by next week to continue the works on this house, as I mentioned earlier, we are starting with the roofing of the BQ with same materials we used for the main building. The plastering of the main building will follow shortly, I am already negotiating with suppliers and my men.

There is also a lot of interest by other owners in the area and they want me back to work on their own house. I will travel to the town and talk the details with the owners for a possible start of another project there.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by rastaman20(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2013
spyder880: I will return to this site by next week to continue the works on this house, as I mentioned earlier, we are starting with the roofing of the BQ with same materials we used for the main building. The plastering of the main building will follow shortly, I am already negotiating with suppliers and my men.

There is also a lot of interest by other owners in the area and they want me back to work on their own house. I will travel to the town and talk the details with the owners for a possible start of another project there.

Good name they say is better than silver and gold, oga spyder, you have made a name and a very good reputation. Please keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Niiade(m): 5:04pm On May 04, 2013
My oga well done, I need to ask this question on behalf of a friend. He also has a 60 by 60ft land and wants to build a bungalow, what should be his budget for a three bedroom all ensuite bungalow sir. Thank you
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 9:57pm On May 04, 2013
spyder880:

Have you donr the DPC for this house?

Oga spyder,

The foundation pillars and coping has been done, sand filling is next.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On May 04, 2013
Niiade: My oga well done, I need to ask this question on behalf of a friend. He also has a 60 by 60ft land and wants to build a bungalow, what should be his budget for a three bedroom all ensuite bungalow sir. Thank you

What type of soil is this?
Which roof type do you want?
The cost you want to know about, does it include plastering till painting?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On May 04, 2013
rastaman20:

Good name they say is better than silver and gold, oga spyder, you have made a name and a very good reputation. Please keep it up.

Thank you my man, how is business?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.