Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri (9027 Views)

BREAKING: Boko Haram: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri Again - Daily Post / Scores Feared Dead As Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri / Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
Explosions rock Maiduguri as troops raid homes

Explosions rocked parts of Maiduguri Saturday as troops engaged suspected Islamic radicals and raided homes, residents said.

The explosions, which began late Friday, occurred in three neighbourhoods notorious for attacks blamed on the Boko Haram sect, and residents fled as troops went door-to-door arresting people suspected of complicity, they said.

“Last night, there were explosions in Gwange area which went on till the late hours and today the explosions continued in Kalari and Budum neighbourhoods,” Modu Ari, a Budum resident, told AFP by phone from the city.

“Soldiers moved from house to house arresting people, forcing residents to flee their homes to escape arrest,” said Ari, who had left his house with his family on Saturday.

Ali Faltaye, a resident of Kalari, said troops battled suspected sect members in the area, sending residents fleeing to avoid being caught up in the fighting or arrested by soldiers.

“Since morning loud explosions have been going on in the area and soldiers have been breaking into homes making arrests”, Faltaye said.

Military and police authorities were not available for comment.

Troops from Joint Task Force who were deployed in the city two years ago to combat Boko Haram have been accused of burning homes and committing rights violations against residents whom they accuse of complicity with Boko Haram whenever there is an attack blamed on the sect.

The soldiers have denied such accusations.

The group has stepped up bomb and gun attacks since the start of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/explosions-rock-maiduguri-as-troops-raid-homes/
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by OAM4J: 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
This is becoming an act of war!
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by slimdiggi: 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2012
Here we go again!
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2012
kai i don tire.
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
Here we go again.
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Adanyebe(m): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2012
I taught they were on fasting.... Anyway I belif doz guyz troway : shocked
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by lifestyle1(m): 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2012
undecided
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Henries: 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
Despite ds holy month of ramadan,dias more 2 ds BH thing than religion.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by killuminati(m): 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
Na waOoo!
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by killuminati(m): 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
Adanyebe: I taught they were on fasting.... Anyway I belif doz guyz troway : shocked
who are on fasting?

BH boys?....

They are not true muslims.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by figment232(m): 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
Let d soldiers do their job jare
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by fexlist(m): 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
What is all this about, I really don't understand this JTF why are they going house to house to arrest innocent people door to door? They should look for better way to find the so call BOKO. I am disappointed in them. God should save us from this explosion wahala o
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by erniok(m): 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
OAM4J: This is becoming an act of war!
Na today?

The locals are a little sympathetic towards their cause and JTF is not helping matters by not giving protection to informants and anyone who criticized them openly.
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
I HAVE A DREAM that some day, some time in the near future Nigeria will be a very safe country where american, europeans and asians would love to spend their leave with their family members in peace. I HAVE A DREAM.

PS: That day is not today.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2012
No suprise.
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by ebamma(m): 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2012
nemesis will surely catch up with this bokoharam,those who kill by the sword shall also die by the sword
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Super1759: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2012
But is it not possible to shutdown dat bauchi self.evacuate the residence and leave dat blood-thirsty land
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Ibangap(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2012
Dis news is becoming a cliche' and d people dat are left in maiduguri are used 2 it, its now part of their everyday life.
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
fexlist: What is all this about, I really don't understand this JTF why are they going house to house to arrest innocent people door to door?

Read it again. It says ''....... arresting people suspected of complicity''
My compatriot, this is bound to happen. Some innocent people might end up getting arrested, but it would not be a deliberate act of wickedness and it's just due to the imperfection of human knowledge, it's called collateral damage.
THAT'S ONE OF THE FALLOUTS OF WAR!
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by jamace(m): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
fexlist: What is all this about, I really don't understand this JTF why are they going house to house to arrest innocent people door to door? They should look for better way to find the so call BOKO. I am disappointed in them. God should save us from this explosion wahala o

You must be a BH sympathiser. How I wish I can shock you to death through my keyboard.angry

The truth is that the JTF are doing their job well at their own level but our leaders are playing politics with arrested BH members. Therein lies the problem of curbing the BH menace.
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by gramci: 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
Action packed ramadam
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by ololo12: 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2012
What is really happening in this country. I am tired of hearing bad news every day. Today bomb in Jos, tomorrow bomb in Sokoto, next tomorrow bomb in Borno. Why can't this crazy blood thirsty Islamic sect be flushed out. Declare the whole Northern states " State of Emergency" and flush out those miscreants. I am really sick and tired of this bombings. Haba!!
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Lordave: 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2012
Northern Nigeria gradually turning to a battle field
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Chaflyje(m): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
I sorry sorry o, sorry for Nigeria, sorry sorry o. S O R R Y for N-I-G-E-R-I-A !!! Dat guy must av seen thru d eyes of his father when he wrote that song. For how long ?
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Arrowman(m): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
HOW COULD ONE BE LIVING WITH HIS FAMILY WITHOUT KNOWING THE IN AND OUT OF YOUR CHILDREN,AND U STILL CALL YOURSELF "HEAD OF D FAMILY"ME I NO BLAME D SOLDIERS O...LET THEM ARREST ANYONE ANY NINCOMPOOP THAT LOOKS LIKE A SUSPECT SHOULD BE ARRESTED!! Been u a christian or muslim...
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
Why the complain? Edwin Clarke asked IBB and Buhari to condemn Boko Haram and the threads went on fire. Nigeria is at war with terrorists who demand to impose Sharia on the whole country. Until Buhari and IBB denounce these terrorists openly, or call them to order if they are their instrument of power struggle, then the situation will remain delicate. 19 Northern Governors met for power struggle, but issued no ultimatum against Boko Haram.

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by pembisco(m): 7:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
I blame d residents mst tyms cos they knw dis boko boys bt they choose 2b mute! I scl in unimaid,nd i hv an uncle resident in london ciki,behind UMTH The real hq of boko haram in maiduguri, i knw am wt sayin! Mst tyms i visit,i hear dem talk abt 1 boko boy or d oda who is either their nebo or frnds evn! Bt they neva talk abt it 2 d security,i dnt knw why
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
This isn't news. Those Ali Babas up there are as mad as batshit. Since when was there ever peace on Maidugiri? Nothing new here.
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by lacasa: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
jamace:

You must be a BH sympathiser. How I wish I can shock you to death through my keyboard.angry

The truth is that the JTF are doing their job well at their own level but our leaders are playing politics with arrested BH members. Therein lies the problem of curbing the BH menace.

Ɣou should be the one shocked ϯo death instead.

No matter what, the JTF should use intelligence anϑ surveillance techniques ϯo identify BH accomplices bt not by knocking down resident doors n arresting the victims as well.

Is †ђat Ђδω its done in sane societies. With the 1trillion earmarked fσr security in combating this terror. One would think the stupid security chiefs wld lay greater emphasis on gathering surveillance techniques n training as the beast approach ϯo end this thing.

But yet again, we are an insane society ​ so ​ ds is expected, bt still ​ so ​ wrong.

This brash technique the JTF are using will only turn the maiduguri faithful against them instead of befriending n helping them n ​ so​ if fσr 2years this approach has obviously failed, then why keep at it

But, as i stated earlier, we are in an Insane society after all undecided
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by cutievik: 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
We shuld all rise up against these vampires!by Condemn their suspected sponsors!
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by JojoArmani(m): 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
Na wa for dis country, slowly turning into war Zone. May God help us all
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Abeyjide: 7:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
am waiting for d guy dat do make dis comment (RAMADAN KAREEM)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. / Igbo Youths Wont Support Jonathan In 2015 Unless He Fulfills 2011 Promises / Fashola Urges Court To Dismiss Falana’s Suit On Oshodi/Apapa Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.