Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,014 members, 7,838,553 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri (9032 Views)

BREAKING: Boko Haram: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri Again - Daily Post / Scores Feared Dead As Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri / Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by edey2real: 7:02am On Aug 05, 2012
pembisco: I blame d residents mst tyms cos they knw dis boko boys bt they choose 2b mute! I scl in unimaid,nd i hv an uncle resident in london ciki,behind UMTH The real hq of boko haram in maiduguri, i knw am wt sayin! Mst tyms i visit,i hear dem talk abt 1 boko boy or d oda who is either their nebo or frnds evn! Bt they neva talk abt it 2 d security,i dnt knw why
U are really a graduate of UNIMAID.
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by lorddannie: 7:22am On Aug 05, 2012
Abeyjide: am waiting for d guy dat do make dis comment (RAMADAN KAREEM)
ramadan kareem, it is.
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by pembisco(m): 7:24am On Aug 05, 2012
edey2real:
U are really a graduate of UNIMAID.
Nop! Stl a student! I gat 2 more years there,now in 300l
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by lorddannie: 7:57am On Aug 05, 2012
Balyz: How dare you say we are sympathetic towards their cause. You need to come down here and see the death and destruction these lunatics unleashed on us yesterday. I reside far away from those areas, but i went to gwange this morning on business and saw it for myself. Miles away last nite one could hear explosions and gunfire rock in the air. Oga we HATE THEM MORE THAN ANY OF YOU SPECTATORS READING ABOUT IT IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOMES DOWN SOUTH. thats for the record
how has the locals proved that they hate bh? is by habouring them as friends, relatives or neighbours etc or they are faced with the difficulty in exposing. or because they believe bh is fighting for religion and would want to share in the glory later? bh dont just appear from the sky to unleash terror. they leave with people as neighbours, relatives and friend, but the people are complacent or too frightened to do what they are suppose to do. they remained mute.the power to easily put an end to bh menace lies with the people and unless they use it, puting aside religion, regional and politcal sentiments, bh menace continues
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by lorddannie: 8:19am On Aug 05, 2012
Balyz: You think its so simple as that abi? Give out info, the jtf swoop in and pick the bad guys up like a james bond movie? BH are known to kill informants by slitting their throats. Very much more inhumane than shooting or blowing them up. Most them atrocities are hardly reported in the mainstream media, but we here hear 'the word on the street'. So lets stop seeing tjings in black and white, lest informants end up in white six feet deep
do have workable alternatives? the only way, the hard way
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by lorddannie: 8:29am On Aug 05, 2012
Mcdondayan:
i feel sorry for you. My God will deliver Nigeria. Amen. But lyk someone said, give out info lyk what happened in Aba nd lets see how it goes. Pax dominus sid semper nobiscum.
they believe boko are rams are fighting for their religion and islamization/jihad against infidels and half infidels and exposing them would amount to betraying their religion and forestalling jihad
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by lorddannie: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2012
Mcdondayan:
i feel sorry for you. My God will deliver Nigeria. Amen. But lyk someone said, give out info lyk what happened in Aba nd lets see how it goes. Pax dominus sid semper nobiscum.
they believe boko are rams are fighting for their religion and is/amization/ j/had against infidels and half infidels and exposing them would amount to betraying their religion and forestalling /j/ihad
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by mima2012: 9:46am On Aug 05, 2012
God have mercy on Nigeria
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by mike404(m): 2:04am On Aug 06, 2012
RAMADAN KAREEM!!!
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by Malubi(m): 11:41am On Aug 06, 2012
illitrate: Explosions rock Maiduguri as troops raid homes

Explosions rocked parts of Maiduguri Saturday as troops engaged suspected Islamic radicals and raided homes, residents said.

The explosions, which began late Friday, occurred in three neighbourhoods notorious for attacks blamed on the Boko Haram sect, and residents fled as troops went door-to-door arresting people suspected of complicity, they said.

“Last night, there were explosions in Gwange area which went on till the late hours and today the explosions continued in Kalari and Budum neighbourhoods,” Modu Ari, a Budum resident, told AFP by phone from the city.

“Soldiers moved from house to house arresting people, forcing residents to flee their homes to escape arrest,” said Ari, who had left his house with his family on Saturday.

Ali Faltaye, a resident of Kalari, said troops battled suspected sect members in the area, sending residents fleeing to avoid being caught up in the fighting or arrested by soldiers.

“Since morning loud explosions have been going on in the area and soldiers have been breaking into homes making arrests”, Faltaye said.

Military and police authorities were not available for comment.

Troops from Joint Task Force who were deployed in the city two years ago to combat Boko Haram have been accused of burning homes and committing rights violations against residents whom they accuse of complicity with Boko Haram whenever there is an attack blamed on the sect.

The soldiers have denied such accusations.

The group has stepped up bomb and gun attacks since the start of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/explosions-rock-maiduguri-as-troops-raid-homes/
To all the affected people, accept my sympathy. Sorry
Re: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri by fexlist(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2012
lacasa:

Ɣou should be the one shocked ϯo death instead.

No matter what, the JTF should use intelligence anϑ surveillance techniques ϯo identify BH accomplices bt not by knocking down resident doors n arresting the victims as well.

Is †ђat Ђδω its done in sane societies. With the 1trillion earmarked fσr security in combating this terror. One would think the stupid security chiefs wld lay greater emphasis on gathering surveillance techniques n training as the beast approach ϯo end this thing.

But yet again, we are an insane society ​ so ​ ds is expected, bt still ​ so ​ wrong.

This brash technique the JTF are using will only turn the maiduguri faithful against them instead of befriending n helping them n ​ so​ if fσr 2years this approach has obviously failed, then why keep at it

But, as i stated earlier, we are in an Insane society after all undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics / Rivers Rerun: Police Orders Total Restriction Of Movement Of Persons & Vehicles / Pictures Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.