Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,412 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! (39977 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / What Did Rochas Did To Anambra State. / What Did Rochas Did To Anambra State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ifeci: 9:53am On Aug 06, 2012
I Like this question by the OP; I think Nigerians are beginning to open their eyes so that these politicians wldn't kp doing "the more u luk, d less u understand". Pls ask these intelligent questions the next time u r abt to vote. meanwhile, I think "username: Ournaija " gave us a valuable insight though not 100%.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 06, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by PointB: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2012
Ournaija:

Good question. I hope you will learn from it as am going to take the pain to tell you.

Rochas grew up in Jos and became a teacher. He had a tutorial center where kids come to learn and prepare for exams. Many became great scholars through his centre and he was recognized. The children of the rich also patronized him even the Gbong Gwom of Jos kids also patronized his center. That is why it`s easy for him to give free education because it`s his business.

Sometimes, in the early 90s IBB went to Jos and asked the Gbon Gwom of Jos to provide an educationist who can implement an educational scheme for Plateau then and he was recommended. He implemented the scheme successfully and he was given the privilege to replicate it in all the Northern states. This is how he got his way into government. He later won the contracts to supply Prado Jeeps and other stuffs across the federation. That was how he continue to grow from...............

Lesson
Whatever you findeth you hand to do, do it well, money will locate you.

This sounds more like it.

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by IleIfe2(m): 10:02am On Aug 06, 2012
van bonattel: rochas na solomon lar boy, was connected to supply police vehicles when the lar guy was minister for police affairs or something, infact, rochas na jos boy to the core, was born there and schooled there. Made his money through imports and contracts

na so I hear ooooooo!

[size=13pt]Rochas is a Plateau man to the core. He went through hell before arriving where he is today. I heard he pushed Omolanke/Wheelbarrow when he was in Barkin-Ladi. If you ask an elderly person within the business community in Jos, They'll tell you he had a very very humble beginning plus he is a crazy giver, they guy dey help people like say him be God. lol. How he got rich? What everyone said back then is that he was nice to and helped one or two military men who then helped him get contracts. They said he got more because he was honest and straight forward.[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by jaydi1: 10:06am On Aug 06, 2012
good questions...funny enough 1 cannot trace how dis people got there money so as to be an inspiration for young piple...unlike bll gate,warren buffet we all knew how they started...bt ngerian billionaire can not be traced
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Mutumdaya(m): 10:07am On Aug 06, 2012
Let me put it dis way.which business did rocha okorocha into?

2 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Moralistli(m): 10:12am On Aug 06, 2012
If you are a full time civil servant; you work just to make a living and take care of your immediate needs.... But if you are a biz man; You establish business to make profits and possibly make fortune beyond fools' imaginations..... If you really have what it takes to be a good business man, if you sell ordinary pure water for 20yrs with the best of your expertise, my dear, you will become a millionaire if that's your dream.

The extent of your vision is the boundary of your success!

Every good gambler knows the secret to surviving... find out the secrets!

Pursuit is the proof of desire!

Never bank on luck; it is the meeting point of hard work and opportunity-chance!

Ever thought of what they actually mean when they say TIME IS MONEY? Every minute really counts,,,,,,,,,,if your business generate 50 kobo every minute, then you know how much you will be having at the end of every (1,440minutes '24hrs/a day')
Seek Knowledge,
Hard work,
Determination,
sacrifice,
Tough decisions,

name it,,, all these must be balanced to an extent when striving to accumulate wealth,,, for those of you that are desperate o o o

@OP
Good ques,,,, tho i don't know much about the guy, only know he's the Gov of Imo state..
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:13am On Aug 06, 2012
Haha i see the ACN smear campaign "machine" on Nairaland has now made Rochas its target right ? Haha guys calm down there's still about 3 years before the next presidential election , Save your dirty campaign tactics for that time . For now lets just commend Rochas for the good job he's doing . Ok ! grin grin grin
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Martini101(m): 10:15am On Aug 06, 2012
Ournaija:

Good question. I hope you will learn from it as am going to take the pain to tell you.

Rochas grew up in Jos and became a teacher. He had a tutorial center where kids come to learn and prepare for exams. Many became great scholars through his centre and he was recognized. The children of the rich also patronized him even the Gbong Gwom of Jos kids also patronized his center. That is why it`s easy for him to give free education because it`s his business.

Sometimes, in the early 90s IBB went to Jos and asked the Gbon Gwom of Jos to provide an educationist who can implement an educational scheme for Plateau then and he was recommended. He implemented the scheme successfully and he was given the privilege to replicate it in all the Northern states. This is how he got his way into government. He later won the contracts to supply Prado Jeeps and other stuffs across the federation. That was how he continue to grow from...............

Lesson
. OP. Atleast 4 now, U either take this or u better still ask google!

2 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ACM10: 10:18am On Aug 06, 2012
People keeps ranting that he stole the country blind to get rich. Not a single person has provided evidence to back up his assertion. That's why I remarked that OP should do his homework first. You are inviting confusion by throwing an open-ended question to the public forum. The OP should atleast give us the estimate of Rochas wealth, complete with some of his assets. Going by the OP's assertion, we are not even sure if Rochas is rich.
The question should be:

1. Is Rochas rich? After tackling this question, we move over to the next question.

2. How rich is Rochas? Before we delve into the question of. . .

3. How Rochas acquired his wealth?

As most of you can notice from my past posts, I'm one of Rochas fervent critics here for his loquaciousness and poor performance. But I won't be a party to assailing Rochas image without any evidence. OP did a poor job. He reduced his thread to beer palour gist, thereby exposing an opening for critics to launch a counterattack on him that he has a personal agenda to assassinate Rochas character. We should learn to be more professional whenever we approach a topic like this.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by odizzy: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2012
CyberG: Funny Nigerians! What is wrong in querying about a politician's source of wealth? If he earned it, why should it be a secret so much you abuse the OP? The only reason and people who are upset about this question is tribal, they think they must protect the man from their tribe from any question! LOL...most of you deserve what you get in that country! Losers! Most big men in Nigeria milked the country in millions and billion by over-inflated contracts from corrupt governments! This is the same way Rochas, Obasanjo, Mark, General Jonzer Odevhukwu, IBB, etc got rich: by looting the patrimony of fools like you who come here to defend them!
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2012
Dat is d reward of hardwork . An examplary Governor
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by dadicvila(m): 10:32am On Aug 06, 2012
polokor60: you have the mentality of a little kid.have you ever heard of clifford orji or the otokutu saga under the bridge?
when people start saying nothing like juju or black magic,nothing like money rituals you dont need anybody to tell you they are kids,probably born abroad and havnt seen anything,there are lots of them on Nairaland
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by dadicvila(m): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2012
skybancss: the most important things is this, he is using his money to help the less privilege... why are you asking for source?
so even if he stole and killed people to get billions,because he is helping people the source of the wealth shudnt be questioned??you really need help
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by logica(m): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2012
dadicvila: when people start saying nothing like juju or black magic,nothing like money rituals you dont need anybody to tell you they are kids,probably born abroad and havnt seen anything,there are lots of them on Nairaland
Mr Adult, maybe you need to upgrade to the mindset of the kids; who apparently have more rational minds than yours.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 06, 2012
Word in the street and around beer parlours is that he used to be a big time fraudster, and then invested the proceeds of fraud into solid minerals mining (tantalite and so on) in Plateau state from which he enlarged his fortune. . .and many other 'fill-in-the-gap' in-betweens that are very fuzzy (like is the case with most wealthy Nigerians anyway). Well, so the story goes.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by punzone(m): 10:49am On Aug 06, 2012
Make una continue to dey run una mouth wit una smear campaign,tribalistic igbo-hating, smelling, lazy monkeys.okorocha‘s will go down in history as d best governor in naija. angryMake una continue to dey run una mouth wit una smear campaign,tribalistic igbo-hating, smelling, lazy monkeys.okorocha‘s will go down in history as d best governor in naija.

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Seewealth(m): 10:50am On Aug 06, 2012
i think u have asked a gud question. But the truth is that I DONT KNOW
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by victorD3: 10:59am On Aug 06, 2012
Rochas made his fortune wondering how Rich dudes made there money in Nairaland. I happen to be privileged with this information because I often meet him here in wonderland.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by zilon12(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2012
This question has been on my mind for sometime now but its so unfortunate that no one seems to know the answer, not even google
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by komek(m): 11:07am On Aug 06, 2012
OP, U̶̲̥̅̊ really need τ̅☺ meet this man for U̶̲̥̅̊ τ̅☺ get how he made his money. Before he became the govnor of Imo state,I was oppotuned τ̅☺ meet him in his house in Jos as a corper. He is down τ̅☺ earth and can tell stories about himself. I discovered that §☺
Many Nigerians have the kind of my he has, but the diff is that he is more a giver than some of his mate. He made his money tru doing genuine business. He is into big time property business,most of the properties then at Ahmadu Bello way Jos, he knows one or two things abt them. Try and meet him after politics, U̶̲̥̅̊ will ßξ glad U̶̲̥̅̊ did.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 11:13am On Aug 06, 2012
joeyfire: @OP - rochas made his first major breakthrough from a contract in 1999 or 2000 (I'm not too sure of the year now). The FG gave him a contract to supply prado jeeps to every police command in every local goverment area in the country. For those old enough to remember the police prado jeeps with "Algon" printed on the side. the man made a killing and I guess blew from there.

But I remember he was so wealthy even before that. He contested the governorship election with Achike Udenwa and lost. I remember those prado jeeps...those were the ish then. The local government chairmen used those jeeps for all their worth lol
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 11:14am On Aug 06, 2012
lanre_front:

My guy, what is your problem? Rochas is a public figure; a governor for that matter. Why can't some ask "Where or how did this guy make his money". Or are you his son?

The question might even possibly be borne of admiration and desire to imitate his strategy and not necessarily to castigate him.

I like him as a leader of the people.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2012
well...ALL U INDIGENS OF IMO...dnt say we didnt warn u pple wen u start experiencing mysterious dissaperances of ur hard earned properties,children n parts unda d mysterious "philanthropic rochas" be warned o ye imo igbos "no free thing is free"
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2012
Ournaija:

Lesson

I like your response wella.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by obicentlis: 11:23am On Aug 06, 2012
Ournaija:

Lesson
this is the true story of Rochas, the writer missed some important facts here. Rochas named the school after the gwom Jos. It got through the Traditional ruler's heart. Rochas got into contracts and property business. His success secret is 'one kobo is money'. Long live Owelle.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Singalex(m): 11:24am On Aug 06, 2012
I still wonder what on earth a man can do dat he won't be qustioned.my dear why not save ursef that stress of knowing his source of money and enjoy the good work he is doing.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by airfinance(m): 11:24am On Aug 06, 2012
Rochas used to be a very good friend of Ibrahim Abacha who died in a plane crash some years ago before Abacha died.they runs thing together cos de guys were fond of each other. This is a statement of fact.
At a point the other Abacha Son was against there closeness cos Ibrahim himself was not a biological born of Sani abacha. You could figure it out from there. He won many countracts during that time.
I like his as a person though. Using state rresources for the betterment and development of IMO state now.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by xynerise: 11:25am On Aug 06, 2012
ondo_boi: money ritual *just saying*
You are wrong. He is my man
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by mrperfect(m): 11:34am On Aug 06, 2012
Well, I thank God for his life.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 11:38am On Aug 06, 2012
punzone: Why is it anyone‘s headache how the man made his money?And why is he being singled out?Is he the only rich man that entered into politics that this writer is so concerned about his source of wealth?Why not ask how aregbesola or amosu got their wealth too?I suspect that this writer is a tribalistic person, aiming to cast a slur on the igbos by discrediting a noble igbo man like okorocha.and i know say this writer no go pass yoruba-always hating igbos.

This is not an Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa or Nigerian civil war issue...I just asked a simple question because I've been trying to figure out how our current leaders made their money. Even if Gov. Rochas was Yoruba or Hausa I'ld still ask the same question.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by opoke(m): 11:45am On Aug 06, 2012
Remember that Givers dont Lack - simply.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amosun Reads News With Kemi Ewedairo Yusuph, Sings Out As Governor Of Ogun / Buhari Out To Truncate Democracy - Governor Ganduje / Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.