Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA (6974 Views)

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan / FG To Reintroduce Toll Gates Over Bad Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by ujchief(m): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2012
Are these roads toll-able?

Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by jmaine: 11:51am On Aug 06, 2012
ifeci:

Why are we not surprised? you support any Poo from ur clueless paymasters.

kindly tell us what is wrong with Dedeike post undecided
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by ujchief(m): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2012
dedeike: I support the re introduction of tolls on our federal highways. It is the norm globally.
these are the federal highways u suport toll on!

1 Like

Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by ifeci: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam:

Have you ever considered the motive of creating jobs for our teeming youths across the country? And yes tolls should be on newly constructed roads but the idea of job creation is a welcomed development.

Finally you are a punk becos nairaland is the only place I can engage ina conversation with you so thank seun again .

Job creation my nyash! because building tolls is the only strategy left alive in Nigeria to create Jobs? And in response to your last paragraph, who the hell do you think you are? getting employed by the present gvt while being paid peanuts 4d sole purpose of typing&posting comments everyday of ur life on Nairaland is not a profession I admire & not an ideal someone I did like to engage in a conversation with! so, no thanks to Seun. Go get a real life punk!
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by ifeci: 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
jmaine:

kindly tell us what is wrong with Dedeike post undecided

I think the above post by "ujchief" satisfies your curiosity.
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by 1forall: 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
Confused government
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Why introduce toll on old roads ? That should be resisted. But if its brand new roads under PPP construction then the PPP contractors can use their money to build the roads and toll it for an agreed period of time. I hate tolls.
And you gonna pay tolls.
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by jmaine: 1:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
ifeci:

I think the above post by "ujchief" satisfies your curiosity.

Dedeike post was quite clear . .instead of us focussing on just the 1st paragraph . .we should have taken an holistic view of his post to see if the demerits out weighed the merits . .

His points were quite valid and very clear
dedeike: I support the re introduction of tolls on our federal highways. It is the norm globally. But such tollgates must be done under concession arrangements.
If the roads are concessioned, then we are guaranteed that the concessionaires will fix the roads and maintain it accordingly. Then motorists can have real value for their tolls.
What I abhor is a situation whereby govt will erect tolls on bad roads. It will amount to exploitation of the highest order. But I'm sure this govt won't behave that way.
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam:

Have you ever considered the motive of creating jobs for our teeming youths across the country? And yes tolls should be on newly constructed roads but the idea of job creation is a welcomed development.

Finally you are a punk becos nairaland is the only place I can engage ina conversation with you so thank seun again .
Tolls on old and delapidated roads that was earlier removed by a PDP lf government?So it is now legal to rob Peter to pay Paul?Maybe soo the air you breath will be tolled so as to create jobs for the jobless.Must you support everything about GEJ?..even Billyonaire dont wanna pay toll.
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by bigboy3: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
Confused country.....Obasanjo spent millions to destroy toll gates and used it as an excuse to increase fuel price....clueless Jonathan will spend millions to build new ones and create more jobs.....lol. Same merry-goo- round story and Nigerians will keep buying political stories.
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by omokidew: 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
supereagle: Adeniji said, “We intend to employ 10,000 youths along our routes before the end of the year. I mean 10,000 youths to work as labourers.

“They will have identity cards. They don’t even need to open bank accounts as they could be paid in cash.

More Ghost Workers to Come. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by ifeci: 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
jmaine:

Dedeike post was quite clear . .instead of us focussing on just the 1st paragraph . .we should have taken an holistic view of his post to see if the demerits out weighed the merits . .

His points were quite valid and very clear

Then Dedeike should go and learn how to write posts! because if u get pissed by a carelessly written 1st paragraph, you loose interest in reading the entire post.

1 Like

Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by lacasa: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam:

Your father and buhari are fools
Your father,you and buhari are cursed although the curse is taking effect already. Idiot.
When fashola introduced the toll for those in lekki and ajah,are the residents dead now??v
Common it is a room to create employment to idle and jobless youths like you.

She sounds lyk a b.itch on heat grin grin
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by klerry(m): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kpac: FG: We would still re-introduce tollgates back on federal roads.
Me: What wouldn't you still do ?

OBJ increased the pump price of fuel then, removed the toll gates and promised that a percentage of the icrease will be used to maintain federal roads. Where is this percentage

Like Kpac said I wonder what else our government won't do!
Naija makes me sick.
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by alstacs(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
banki: if my memory serves me right when this toll gates were removed the price of fuel was increased and the mark up on fuel was seen by objs government as a means to curtail the fraud at the toll gates and also used to maintain the Federal roads....well over the last couple of years do we have results no, did they use the money to fix or maintain our roads no instead they increased the price of fuel instead they turned FERMA into an avenue for looting funds, they appointed Kure chairman then iwuanyawu..... na wah this PDP party of choice for the ENEMIES OF NIGERIA

I feel you. I think bros Jonas has shot himself on the balls now. Obj also introduced tax per litre of petrol since demolition of the gates.
We can hold this government responsible to calculate how much we have paid in tax since its introduction and where the money is.

Thank God our petrol consumption increased about 4 fold (evident by the paid subsidy, na so dem tell us) in the past one year of bro Jonas govt. Our tax is expected to be that large too.

No toll gates until the tax is removed, and till we know precisely how much we have paid in tax and in whose foreign accounts the money lies.

Before then, we aint interested in slave employment. You give us one, you take 4 away from us.

Who knows a psalm that can render all the corporate thieves dead; Their children orphans; and their wives widows?
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by slyfox1974(m): 11:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
POLICY OVERSAMASAULT NA HIM BE THIS[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by samchide(m): 10:32am On Aug 07, 2012
Questions I ask myself, no other means of creating employment rather than having toll gates. Even when the tolls where in existence we have never had a good road, so why paying the tax for the road or are we paying tax for innocent people that died as a result of this bad roads. If they generate revenue is the subsidy scam not enough, student,graduates paying for cards to register for exams check their results and to aplly for Jobs are those Scams not enough, what's creative in having tolls gates, those it improve the knowledge skills of the youths without job in the country. The government should be thinking of our to build plant machinery so we can be making our own cars, electronics and all that's I completely do not agree to the terms of federal toll gates.
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by juyifloss(m): 11:12am On Aug 07, 2012
Who is dis guy?? R u from d village? This is d kinda guy dat wld get duped, and fall for d same scam over and over again till u go insane...ur unbelieveable mehnnn...I fink u need dat job, go and stand on d highway and get your peanuts.

Your father and buhari are fools.
Your father,you and buhari are cursed although the curse is taking effect already. Idiot.
When fashola introduced the toll for those in lekki and ajah,are the residents dead now??v
Common it is a room to create employment to idle and jobless youths like you.[/quote].
Re: Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA by banki(m): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2012
what has "your father and buhari are fools" have to do with the post honestly am sick and tired of all of us here that talk or type in this manner.....FG is not accountable to nigerians its obvious because if they were they MUST tell us where the money to maintain the roads are,why was subsidy removed? where is that margin that the government was meant to put to fix the roads?

so when i say the PDP government is Directly responsible for the Death of over a 100,000nigerians because of their corrupt nature people say am not being fair but look at it they chop the money meant for fixing the roads,they chopped the money meant for building and maintaing hospitals but they can sit down with thier supporters and call other people murderers, Let no body come here and justify this action until the money they made since obj increased the price of fuel in 2007 till date is accounted for.

What jobs do they want to create, how do they intend to create the jobs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supporters’ Rented For Jonathan Declaration Protest Non-payment Of Stipend / Presidency Says Buhari Might Resign, Gives Shocking Reason / Breaking! Omoyele Sowore tear into Yahaya Bello in Kogi state. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.