Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB (11384 Views)

Nigerians React To Edwin Clark's Statement About Jonathan (on Twitter) / Let The Truth Be Told Before It Is Too Late - EK Clark's Letter To Obasanjo / Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by datola: 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
Quoting IBB:
"Having invested so much in the unity and stability of the country, to the extent of fighting in the civil war to keep the country together"

"..and had stated without equivocation that dialogue would serve as a better tool than this militant approach which is not yielding appropriate result."

Mr smart IBB, I put it to you: Why did you fight in the civil war and not have embraced dialogue as you are now suggesting to GEJ, especially when all entreaties for peace have been rejected.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by lumeneng22: 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2012
Truth is bitter na, how many times we don hear say pdp is boko haram and boko haram is pdp. This is where ibb comes in. Clark made example with obj role as well, why are pple not condeming him on that as well?
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by CuteTj(m): 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2012
Even If IBB denounces Boko haram as requested by Clark, will that stop the bombings- NO. Nigerians have handed all the powers in Nigeria to Mr. Jonathan what else is stopping him from ending this menace? He claims he knows them then why can't he name them?
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by frevangel(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
Is it not suppose to be easier to condemn Boko Haram than replying Clarke? He never said outrightly that IBB was a sponsor. IBB's refusal and gimmiks is only going to strengthen Clarke's point. Clarke may not be the smartest but for IBB and Buhari to vehemently condemn BH should not be so difficult. Or, is it?
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by IleIfe2(m): 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
Jonathan should remove the leash he has on the army let them run over the affected town/state like they did in Benue, Bayelsa, Liberia, Sierra-Leon etc. Arewa should cry all the want. Did anyone notice there was no attack when the soldiers were allowed to do their job and Arewa were crying about innocent civilians being killed. The president should let the army do their job. Yes, there will be collateral damage but the locals should know the consequence since they've decided to sympathise with and protect the islamic sect members.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by jt2010: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
fr_evangel: Is it not suppose to be easier to condemn Boko Haram than replying Clarke? He never said outrightly that IBB was a sponsor. IBB's refusal and gimmiks is only going to strengthen Clarke's point. Clarke may not be the smartest but for IBB and Buhari to vehemently condemn BH should not be so difficult. Or, is it?

Why placing a difficult tasks on them when the FG is not even willing to utilize the smallest information at his disposal to fight the BH group. Mr. President claim to name the sponsor of BH, let him name them first then IBB and Buhari can vehemently condemn BH for him. Nonsense talk from a clueless president and its Ijaw cabals
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by EyesWideOpen(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kai! The comments I've read so far are nothing short of baffling. What is wrong with some people?
I don't see the benefit of IBB's coming out and condemning BH. And I blv anyone wit a healthy brain can see that there's no benefit whatsoever to that.
If he (IBB) sponsors BH, can't he publically condemn them, and go on sponsoring them behind closed doors, just as a setup so the mouths of Clark and co. will be shut up for good?
But I blv Edwin Clark's palm wine soaked brain cannot see this. Mtschewww!!!

1 Like

Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by jt2010: 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
EyesWideOpen: Kai! The comments I've read so far are nothing short of baffling. What is wrong with some people?
I don't see the benefit of IBB's coming out and condemning BH. And I blv anyone wit a healthy brain can see that there's no benefit whatsoever to that.
If he (IBB) sponsors BH, can't he publically condemn them, and go on sponsoring them behind closed doors, just as a setup so the mouths of Clark and co. will be shut up for good?

OP, u are on point 1000% o jare!!! Clark is just tiring to be relevant to his Ijaw brother (GEJ), just like IBB spokesman has said, the old man is not given Mr. President good counsel instead he is encouraging GEJ to ignore the main issues and pursuit shadows!!!
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by damas11111(m): 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
Edwin Clark was careless in uttering those statements credited to him. It's a very wrong tactic to want to put certain former heads of state into a defensive position. Why should IBB or anyone else have to condemn BH before he is deemed innocent? If he has any credible info, he should come out and say so. Maybe he is going senile really.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by kumbalo(m): 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
As much as I believe GEJ is not doing enough on the BH issue, I think IBB spoke out of guilty conscience. Arrest of a former president cannot be made without concrete evidence. IBB should please come out and condemn BH. That’s not so difficult…in just few sentences by so doing he would have proved Edwin Clarke wrong and there would be no need for this long big grammar
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by deathmen12: 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
i dey vex o... witin all dis men turn dis country to, and dem still get mouth dey talk nonsense, IBB and the rest God dey watch owner... cos God nor dey sleep, am nt happy with the way things are going in the country.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by damas11111(m): 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
kumbalo: As much as I believe GEJ is not doing enough on the BH issue, I think IBB spoke out of guilty conscience. Arrest of a former president cannot be made without concrete evidence. IBB should please come out and condemn BH. That’s not so difficult…in just few sentences by so doing he would have proved Edwin Clarke wrong and there would be no need for this long big grammar

Why does he have to? We all know that it is very risky (more so for a very known figure) to condemn this group. The next thing is for them to go after him and/or members of his family. Who wants/likes to burn himself with fire? There is no sense in condemning them as it will achieve NOTHING!

Edwin Clark is just a bigot seeking for attention and relevance.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by damas11111(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2012
datola: Quoting IBB:
"Having invested so much in the unity and stability of the country, to the extent of fighting in the civil war to keep the country together"

"..and had stated without equivocation that dialogue would serve as a better tool than this militant approach which is not yielding appropriate result."

Mr smart IBB, I put it to you: Why did you fight in the civil war and not have embraced dialogue as you are now suggesting to GEJ, especially when all entreaties for peace have been rejected.

Are we officially in war already? Use your brain!
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by killuminati(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam:

Mumu
na you mumu pass grin
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by killuminati(m): 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
mahel: . Una b mumu!
u be mujemu!
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by subzero2(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
hardywaltz: Well said Gen. IBB (Rtd), that Clark is an IdI0t. How many times did he (Clark) denounce Niger Delta Militants back then? He even gave refuge to Soboma George & Ateke Tom when Gov. Omehia chased them out of d creeks bcoz in his tribal mind Omehia is from Ikwerre & d duo were Ijaws.
Embryo, keep quiet!
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by damas11111(m): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
dedeike: When terrorists struck in the US, everybody including democrats and republicans rose in unison to condemn the attacks.
No body has asked IBB to come and take over the security challenge. All that Clark request of him is to make a public statement against this terrorism.
I don't know how this is so difficult for such a statesman to do. is it rocket science for a former head of state of a country to speak out against the evil ravaging his country?
The northern leaders are hypocritical in their approach of this Boko Haram issue. They feign ignorance in the afternoon and go behind in the night to support them.

Hmmm, I see! Just like the way your Clark and those other clowns from that region condemned the Niger Delta militants when they were bombing left, right and center. Why anyone needs to call out any other person to condemn a terrorist group is what baffles me.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by Elueme: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
IBB is still beating around the bush.. The crux of this misunderstand is " condemn Boko Haram in its strong terms" and douse the suspicion.. Is it too difficult to do? I am beginning to think the ijjaw chief was right ..
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by nokia3310: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
EyesWideOpen: Kai! The comments I've read so far are nothing short of baffling. What is wrong with some people?

You are the only one making sense here my brother. So Edwin Clark wanted IBB to endanger his life by publicly condemning Bokoharam, when the federal gov't couldn't
protect the home of the sitting vice president from BH Attack! Condemning BH publicly by anyone in the north is suicidal and that's like asking IBB to commit suicide.
This thing is simple. Pa Edwin Clark, if you believe IBB is sponsoring BH simply advice your clueless brother to arrest him. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by damas11111(m): 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
mirage: We are asking the Northern leaders to come out and take a strong stand against the BH. Well, it is easy to say since many of you guys do not live in the North cos, if you do, u will understand that they are also affraid of them. Those that came out to take a stand, what protection did the govt. offer them and do you know how many Imam and anti-BH have lost thier lives. In the past few week two prominet emir almost lost thier live to BH while the VP house was not speared. Do you think they (BH) have regards for Sultan, IBB, Buhari an co...

Thank you! Wish the senseless Clark and his supporters understand this.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by damas11111(m): 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
Elueme: IBB is still beating around the bush.. The crux of this misunderstand is " condemn Boko Haram in its strong terms" and douse the suspicion.. Is it too difficult to do? I am beginning to think the ijjaw chief was right ..

You are clueless and senseless just like your GEJ and Clark.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by oiseworld: 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2012

you are not getting the point. Its already too late for Ibb to condem boko haram. Its now more difficult for him to prove his innocence. A stitch in time saves nine they say. It has gotten out of him. I think some northern leaders said the other time that boko haram had been hijacked from its original intention, who are those northerners? Thats the question.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by honeric01(m): 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
Darui:

I don't think GEJ will. He's in a class of his own.

Babangida on the other hand, will be cleanly absolved of all accusation of sponsoring Boko haram.

Its so easy, you wonder why he hasn't done it already. Except to make excuses for BH. #Signs of a guilty man#.

A class of his own as in a class of someone who's a spoke person to both BH and MEND? yea yea a real class of his own.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by oiseworld: 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2012
nokia3310:

You are the only one making sense here my brother. So Edwin Clark wanted IBB to endanger his life by publicly condemning Bokoharam, when the federal gov't couldn't
protect the home of the sitting vice president from BH Attack! Condemning BH publicly by anyone in the north is suicidal and that's like asking IBB to commit suicide.
This thing is simple. Pa Edwin Clark, if you believe IBB is sponsoring BH simply advice your clueless brother to arrest him. Nonsense

at the right hour, he would be arrested.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by Elueme: 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
damas11111:

Hmmm, I see! Just like the way your Clark and those other clowns from that region condemned the Niger Delta militants when they were bombing left, right and center. Why anyone needs to call out any other person to condemn a terrorist group is what baffles me.
The Niger delta militias were never terrorists.. They had a clear mission which even you in your sentiment then believed.. The whole wide world saw how unjustly they were treated by the likes of IBB and his co northern oligarchies and supported their course.. Can you tell me one thing BH is agitating for.. They confuse themselves with conflicting agenda... Just yesterday they started making their mission known though not coming directly and it was as suspected If that's the plan , they have failed before the hatching cos the madness being displayed could just be pad on the back of a. Baby compare to what may happen... He that has ears, let him hear.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by hardywaltz(m): 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
Billyonaire: In essence, you have just confirmed that Boko Haram is IBB's militant terror crew.
Not exactly but even if Clark had denounced the ND militants militancy still wouldn't have stopped. So weather IBB denounces BH or not won't stop nada. Yar'dua (God bless dat dude) didn't pass d blame on any 1 he just faced it head on (Militancy; boko boyz, Massobs; OPC; ETC) .

1 Like

Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by Elueme: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
damas11111:

You are clueless and senseless just like your GEJ and Clark.
who is this Monkey typing from the desert? Are u one of them? Show yourself, you coward!
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by yaksh: 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
Oga IBB, live him useless clark, so because is ur own dey sit dats y u dey talk anyhow ba, ok we will collect d sit we will c whether u wil get mouth to talk. fuel thieves
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
what if one out of many plausible and efficacious solution[s] is for you Gen[b]IBB [/b] to condemn BOKO HARAM, will that be too much to ask sir general?
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by nokia3310: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
oiseworld:

at the right hour, he would be arrested.

When is the right hour? I strongly believe that the right hour is long over due but the problem is that GEJ is not just clueless,
but also liver-less and therefore can only arrest BH Sponsors in your dream but never in reality. BH had massacred hundreds of Nigerian
citizens, what began like a child's play in far away Borno state is rapidly spreading across the whole of the North and you're here
saying IBB will be arrested at the right hour.
In as much as i don't believe IBB knows anything about BH, but i will wholeheartedly support his arrest if any of you calling for his arrest
can prove his involvement.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by damas11111(m): 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Elueme: who is this Monkey typing from the desert? Are u one of them? Show yourself, you coward!

Whatever makes you happy! grin grin grin
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by EyesWideOpen(m): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
nokia3310:

... So Edwin Clark wanted IBB to endanger his life by publicly condemning Bokoharam, when the federal gov't couldn't
GBAM!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Chime Was Treated For Cancer Abroad / Aisha Buhari Launches Nigerian Women Against Corruption (photo) / Video Of President Buhari's Speech At TICAD7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.