Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee (9776 Views)

Photos As Oduah Faces House Committee / Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update / Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by LailaIkeji1: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2012
The refusal of Mr Femi Otedola to testify before the House of Representatives Committee on Ethics and Privileges has unnerved the committee members, claiming the decision was misguided that no one can dictate to the committee how to carry-out its investigation.

The Chairman House of Representatives committee on Ethics, Gambo Dan Musa, described Mr Otedola’s decision not to speak before the committee as misguided, when he addressed a press conference after Otedola’s departure. .

According to the chairman, Mr Otedola refused to say anything to the committee and claimed the oil mogul was just laughing.

“We did all that we could by explaining to him our power under the constitution and under our rules and…..further explained that nobody will dictate how we are going to conduct our meeting, yet Femi Otedola refused to answer questions and he said he could only do so when we do it in public” explained Mr Dan Musa.

“You cannot make an allegation and when you are being asked to substantiate, you now refuse to substantiate.” “What are you hiding” Honourable Dan Musa asked?

“He has told us that we are hiding something that is why we don’t want to do it in public, rather we told him, he is the one hiding something by refusing to talk, by refusing to make a substantiation of his allegations.”

Warning that nobody can dictate to the committee how it should conduct its investigation, the committee chairman added that “we told him the consequences of this but he was not ready to go by our words.”

Laughing stock

Adding that he refused to answer all their questions, Mr Dan Musa stated that the oil mogul insulted members of the committee because he was just laughing.

“He refused to say anything and he was just laughing. It was very stupid of him and we are not happy too” he said angrily as other members of the committee on ethics, gave a Yes! chorus one after the other, in response to the name calling.

“We cannot have a committee of this nature, a standing committee, that is respected by the House and somebody comes and tell us that he is a businessman and he is not angry at ourselves” he said.

The chairman noted that the committee will continue to invite other relevant parties involved in the saga and pledged the committee’s commitment saying, “our commitment to do justice should not be in doubt.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/04/otedola-is-stupid-and-misguided-for-not-talking-to-house-committee-committee-chair/
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 04, 2012
Farouk's lawyer said the voice in the audio tape wasn't farouk's voice. Agreed. Na my mama voice. angry

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by gidjah(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2012
really wonder y its d house dats doin ds investigatns knowin dat they dem selves r culprit n thier hands r soiled in ds mess. If he prefers public adress to indoor, let it be so, save she's got lots of skeleton in her shelves!pls nigerians need public adress n prompt actns on ds. Dat wnt b difficult abeg abeg abeg!!

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by mastro: 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
Laila Ikeji: The refusal of Mr Femi Otedola to testify before the House of Representatives Committee on Ethics and Privileges has unnerved the committee members, claiming the decision was misguided that no one can dictate to the committee how to carry-out its investigation.

The Chairman House of Representatives committee on Ethics, Gambo Dan Musa, described Mr Otedola’s decision not to speak before the committee as misguided, when he addressed a press conference after Otedola’s departure. .

According to the chairman, Mr Otedola refused to say anything to the committee and claimed the oil mogul was just laughing.

“We did all that we could by explaining to him our power under the constitution and under our rules and…..further explained that nobody will dictate how we are going to conduct our meeting, yet Femi Otedola refused to answer questions and he said he could only do so when we do it in public” explained Mr Dan Musa.

“You cannot make an allegation and when you are being asked to substantiate, you now refuse to substantiate.” “What are you hiding” Honourable Dan Musa asked?

“He has told us that we are hiding something that is why we don’t want to do it in public, rather we told him, he is the one hiding something by refusing to talk, by refusing to make a substantiation of his allegations.”

Warning that nobody can dictate to the committee how it should conduct its investigation, the committee chairman added that “we told him the consequences of this but he was not ready to go by our words.”

Laughing stock

Adding that he refused to answer all their questions, Mr Dan Musa stated that the oil mogul insulted members of the committee because he was just laughing.

“He refused to say anything and he was just laughing. It was very stupid of him and we are not happy too” he said angrily as other members of the committee on ethics, gave a Yes! chorus one after the other, in response to the name calling.

“We cannot have a committee of this nature, a standing committee, that is respected by the House and somebody comes and tell us that he is a businessman and he is not angry at ourselves” he said.

The chairman noted that the committee will continue to invite other relevant parties involved in the saga and pledged the committee’s commitment saying, “our commitment to do justice should not be in doubt.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/04/otedola-is-stupid-and-misguided-for-not-talking-to-house-committee-committee-chair/

cheesy cheesy cheesy

In their coconut heads[i] "But, but if we hold the enquiry in public, then Nigerians might actually get to know the true, that's unacceptable, we were elected to represent Nigerians not tell then the truth"[/i], or something like that

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by doofanc: 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
Otedola was also said to have told the lawmakers he was not a hungry man like them and that he is a business man.

“It was very stupid of him and we are not happy because we cannot have a respected standing Committee of this nature and someone will come and tell us that he is a businessman and not hungry like ourselves.

“Do we look like hungry men, ladies and gentlemen?

“Because of the degree of demonstration that we had of our patience and fairness towards him, he even expressed it and thanked us for being fair to him and refusing to get annoyed.

LMAO!!! see yabbing grin
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by boyendowed(m): 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
House of thieves and fools
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by Tonitelli: 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
So all this talk abt otedola insulting them was just because he didn't say anything but was laughing

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
Useless NASS.....all of them are Arm robbers just as OBJ said it.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by Chaydee(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2012
Otedola? You knw wat dat name means na..
For my Yoruba Nlers
Ote: ?
Dola: ?
Ote-Dola= ?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by subtleb: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2012
Dats funny indeed isn't it?y won,t he be laughing when he knew everyone of u re all partners in crime and looting.theives question thief

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by miteolu(m): 1:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
OTE DOLE

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2012
I think this NASS members are even the silliest. Saying otedola's refusal to talk behind closed doors is because he is hiding something is ironical. Why are they insisting on closed doors when before all this mess everything was public. Otedola wants to maintain that status quo. Silly thieves

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
lucenzo: Farouk's lawyer said the voice in the audio tape wasn't farouk's voice. Agreed. Na my mama voice. angry

No wonder u steal so much. Never knew ur mother is a thief and a rogue like faroook
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by horny4u(f): 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2012
mastro:
Laughing stock

They should be laughing at themselves toooo. Shameless bunch of mutherfockers

Otedola is a son of the gun.....a real gangster.....he wants to thoroughly disgrace them one by one in public.

What a bunch of bastaards...No one voted for Otedola he is a business man...but this constitutional suckers have not acted in the public interest even though we voted for them and gave them power to protect us from rogues like Otedola but they turned out to be common shameless beggars who can sell their children at the right price.

of course the whole nation is laughing

If you feel like laughing say yea
if you donot feel like laughing say nah

Constitutional basstarrds !!!!

4 Likes

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by tigerleggs(m): 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
If Ote$ chooses to shot his mouth under camera and full glare of Nigerian public, let it be. Methinks it's in best interest of Nigerians. Those in favour say 'aye'. The 'ayes' have it.
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by ikee(m): 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
Just Laughing! what an action!
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by Paentera(m): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2012
First class messing...hungry men...no wonder they needed to "see" him in camera - so they can ask for their own share wey Lawan no share give them.
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by Afolabs101: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2012
Otedollars should respect the House Committee and answer their questions. He shouldn't be dictating how they have their session. If police, EFCC or SS invite you, will you say you won't answer their questions unless its televised. Facrook's wasn't televised so same should go for Otedollars.

Anyway, he should have just taken his camera pen with him and released the recording to channels tv afterwards grin

But i don't trust those Reps, they really are hungry people sad

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by doctokwus: 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
Though I consida Otedola as a dubious bizman,intent only on self profit wt bad biz practices,I cannot but admire how d man has played out dis game.Its a classic, fit for a textbook, on how to deal wt rogue legislators.I feel d man's philosophy is dis:'wat right has dis bunch of legislators who are simply lazy,corporate thieves av to call me, a bizman,unorthodox& crafty I maybe;to pass judgement on me,@least I go around cutting deals,but dis bunch who av no idea of evn how to run a call centre want to sit down in d comfort of d legislative chambers& b making millions?'.I feel dats d man's over riding philosophy in dis mata
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by DAY12(m): 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2012
Otedola =007 James Bond grin Treat d house phuck up!
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by ziccoit: 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2012
Otedola and Farouk are both culpable in this saga in my opinion. However, Otedola is handling the matter well and this is giving him an edge in which his hunter would not become hunted at the end of the day. He probably has a sound lawyer in his team.

I love watching this movies.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by gbadexy(m): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
I'm going to say this at the risk of sounding tribalistic, but some malos can fit be daft, even the educated ones dey fall my hand.
They are asking him if he has something to hide for refusing a private hearing! How daft can someone get.
Whose action shows someone with something to hide between a person that want to be publicly questioned and someone who wants it done privately, even a child knows the answer.
So because he was laughing,he has insulted them? And they in turn now openly called him silly!
The guy should sue them, let's test our laws.

4 Likes

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by bright007(f): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
Otedollar may your dollars protect u everywhere u go. I loved d way u made those legislooters look stupid and silly.they cant intimidate u.their father.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by Ess: 2:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
gbadexy: I'm going to say this at the risk of sounding tribalistic, but some malos can fit be daft, even the educated ones dey fall my hand.
They are asking him if he has something to hide for refusing a private hearing! How daft can someone get.
Whose action shows someone with something to hide between a person that want to be publicly questioned and someone who wants it done privately, even a child knows the answer.
So because he was laughing,he has insulted them? And they in turn now openly called him silly!
The guy should sue them, let's test our laws.

Well whether u sound like a tribalist or not, the fact is you do sound foolish thinking the house is only a representation of malos. Online dummy!
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by Onasa22: 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
I laugh like Otedola.
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by TalkingBird: 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
There is wisdom in age no matter what.
OBJ.
I respect you sir.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by IleIfe2(m): 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ess:

Well whether u sound like a tribalist or not, the fact is you do sound foolish thinking the house is only a representation of malos. Online dummy!

Ode oshi, is Gambo Dan Musa from your village?

1 Like

Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by mangbede: 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
when I grow up,I would want 2 b like otedola...
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by lazbay(m): 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
The house of reps thieves have bitten more than they can chew this time. Why ask Otedola question in private? What are they hiding? Im sure Otedola started laughing when he saw them and discover that tyhe person who is asking him question is a thief and probably on his video. He is going to mess the legislatives up big time.
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by BlueMurder(m): 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ile-Ife:

Ode oshi, is Gambo Dan Musa from your village?

Was Gambo Dan Musa speaking for himself or on behalf of a committee with representation that cuts across all the geopolitical zones?
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by jmaine: 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
Otedola na real bad son grin . . .See messing up cheesy . .
Re: Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee by Soundmind(m): 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
No, Ote dollar is not silly at all.
He is much smarter and calculated that the legislathieves.
They wanted to rob him in but he rob them out.
I don't agree with Ote dollar calling them hungry people even though they seems to be.
Ote dollar. Carry go.
I salute your courage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Takes Delivery Of 800 Marcopolo Buses From Brazil / Niger Crisis: Tinubu Welcomes Central Africa’s Support For ECOWAS / We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.