Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB (11385 Views)

Nigerians React To Edwin Clark's Statement About Jonathan (on Twitter) / Let The Truth Be Told Before It Is Too Late - EK Clark's Letter To Obasanjo / Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by BeraBera(f): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
Being an elder statesman, a former commander in chief of the FRN and a Muslim as well, I believe that if IBB should condemn the BH killings and call them to order, they may likely listen to him, being that his words carry weight (that is, if he's actually not sympathetic to the BH cause)
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by ifeci: 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2012
I don't understand wot this GEJ Gvt is trying to hold on it. Do ur work please and stop pointing fingers. If u r sure its IBB then wot r u waiting for. Since u r not sure, Shut up and do wot u were elected to do. Stop playing "try ur luck" with the lives of Nigerians! Even if he was their sponsor, he can still fake condemnation speech! Pls Gej, Do ur work!
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by EyesWideOpen(m): 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
info: what if one out of many plausible and efficacious solution[s] is for you Gen[b]IBB [/b] to condemn BOKO HARAM, will that be too much to ask sir general?
Pls, present how that could be an 'efficacious' and 'plausible' to the BH menace and I blv the good General won't be so wicked as to refuse to publically condemn them.
Untill then, he'll let d idiot of an elder statesman and his allies bare their butts and keep embarrassing themselves senseless in public.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by BeraBera(f): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Why are you attacking clarke, When you can use that same mouth to denounce Boko Haram. Cunning Boko Haram sponsor.
What is the acronym for Independence-day Bomb Blast? Someone said is IBB
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by EyesWideOpen(m): 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
ifeci: I don't understand wot this GEJ Gvt is trying to hold on it. Do ur work please and stop pointing fingers. If u r sure its IBB then wot r u waiting for. Since u r not sure, Shut up and do wot u were elected to do. Stop playing "try ur luck" with the lives of Nigerians! Even if he was their sponsor, he can still fake condemnation speech! Pls Gej, Do ur work!
This is what I keep pointing, but some people's ethnocentric mental blindness won't just let them see this simple truth.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by EyesWideOpen(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
BeraBera: What is the acronym for Independence-day Bomb Blast? Someone said is IBB
Really? Wow, and Niger Deltans did it! ... That seems rather odd, don't you think?
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by ifihearam: 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
EyesWideOpen:
Really? Wow, and Niger Deltans did it! ... That seems rather odd, don't you think?

Just shut already. You've been talking out of point since morning.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by BRUNO17: 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
I just don't know how Nigeians think, we just turn a blind eye from the truth, even in the United states there are some ppl obama can't touch, in political science they are called the guardian class. This set of ppl control the socail economic structure of a country and are the top elite.

Its not going to be easy for Gej to arrest IBB and buhari judging from how sensitive the north is, it still don't change the fact dat the Northern elites are behind boko haram in a bid the return power back to the North.

IBB should not just condem but take adequate steps to bring a lasting solution this this sect.

No be just to say I been fight for the unity of nigeria.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by tiwasiaife(m): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
Lol what an irony, ibb telling clark that he is too old to reason on the other hand suggestn that clerk shld advice gej on what to do.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by conyema12(m): 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
There is no doubt that Boko Haram is a Northern political tool which may or may not be connected to IBB. What then baflles me is that up till now nobody has been named even with the enormous number of suspects in SSS nest... That leaves much to be desired. My assumption is that GEJ is simply ball-less..he should come down hard on these guys and learn not to give a damn
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
My people, i said my people because am a northerner form benue who lives in kano my area has been attacked more than three times the last time not upto a week ago.
issue no. 1
all those fellow northerners here trying to make it look like GEJ is not doing anything is not right. GEJ deployed military to help tackle the issue, people living around me start complaining they dont like the military presence they even took it to radio houses and made an issue acusing the military of harrasing them. two days after the military in my area were pulled out my area was attacked again. last week a mosque of an out spoken cleric that speaks against this people was attacked.
issue 2
it is realy not good when people compare the niger delta militant with this guys. niger deltans had a position which is a moral one and it was right that what they demanded was given them. what does this guys want you dont dialog with people whose position we know is unattainable, so i cry when i here fellow northerners say the word dialog, on what ground.
issue 3
people here say if ibb and other northern leaders condemn this guys thy will be attacked so hence they shouldnt, it is laughable for someone to make such aguement and still say the government should dialog with this guys

my position on this is that if we want peace in the north, the elders of the north will have to condemn and standup against this people no matter what happens, if not more peopel will die and bet me it will continue for a long time if this is not done. we the people backing the elders and helping to identify those involve in this cruelty, that live around us simple
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
honeric01:

A class of his own as in a class of someone who's a spoke person to both BH and MEND? yea yea a real class of his own.

No. His pathetic incompetence and running mouth.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by gbadexy(m): 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
When an old man does not respect himself, he would get insults.
The man should proffer solutions instead of fueling the ember of discord.
Is Papa clark a nigerian elder statesman or an ijaw representative, much as he is an elder in ijaw land, and adult cannot be in the general market and there should be chaos.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
kumbalo: As much as I believe GEJ is not doing enough on the BH issue, I think IBB spoke out of guilty conscience. Arrest of a former president cannot be made without concrete evidence. IBB should please come out and condemn BH. That’s not so difficult…in just few sentences by so doing he would have proved Edwin Clarke wrong and there would be no need for this long big grammar

Abacha arrested Obasanjo and yar Adua without any evidence.

Let retardeen jonathan arrest IBB if he believes he is culpable
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
We want to believe that Chief Edwin Clark was quoted out of context, but if indeed he did say what was credited to him, we are forced to accept the conclusion that on account of his age, his senses have since departed him.

He needs our empathies and not sympathies. We have since known Chief Edwin Clark to be loose cannon in public discourse. He deserves our pity.

OUCH

Like retardeen jonathan

1 Like

Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by oiseworld: 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
nokia3310:

When is the right hour? I strongly believe that the right hour is long over due but the problem is that GEJ is not just clueless,
but also liver-less and therefore can only arrest BH Sponsors in your dream but never in reality. BH had massacred hundreds of Nigerian
citizens, what began like a child's play in far away Borno state is rapidly spreading across the whole of the North and you're here
saying IBB will be arrested at the right hour.
In as much as i don't believe IBB knows anything about BH, but i will wholeheartedly support his arrest if any of you calling for his arrest
can prove his involvement.

are you an Ibb sympertiser? His accusation should be proved Baa? What if it can't be proved yet, does that make him free?

this is democracy and judgement is most times slow, so don't be too in a rush to defend him. Many ex muslims/boko haram have confessed him being the sponsor of boko haram.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by Elueme: 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
damas11111:

Whatever makes you happy! grin grin grin
imbecilic at your age is forever an imbecilic
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by tunnytox(m): 6:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
BeraBera: Being an elder statesman, a former commander in chief of the FRN and a Muslim as well, I believe that if IBB should condemn the BH killings and call them to order, they may likely listen to him, being that his words carry weight (that is, if he's actually not sympathetic to the BH cause)
100% crap

1 Like

Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by lacasa: 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
ozalogbo: Let us not be sentimental here. Lets stop passing blames. The answer is with Jonathan. Indeed the ball is in his court. This nonsense must stop. It is either he crushes this terrorism as the commander in chief and restores peace, or he negotiates with them and restores peace. Either way peace must come. For him to pass blame may well be interpreted as a sign of confusion and helplessness. Is he overwhelmed? Jonathan is the Commander-in-Chief! He is the President! It's either he emplys the military option or the political option.

Ɣou've made the most sensible post here

Kudos
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by phildon: 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
The earlier Nigerians know that we voted 4 GEJ not IBB, the better. The security of lives and property is the responsibility and authority of the gvt and not an individual. Our resources are being managed by the president who doubles as the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. Is it lack of common sense or share bigotry?

3 Likes

Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by phildon: 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
oiseworld:

are you an Ibb sympertiser? His accusation should be proved Baa? What if it can't be proved yet, does that make him free?

this is democracy and judgement is most times slow, so don't be too in a rush to defend him. Many ex muslims/boko haram have confessed him being the sponsor of boko haram.

Can we have your source?
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by phildon: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
gbadexy: When an old man does not respect himself, he would get insults.
The man should proffer solutions instead of fueling the ember of discord.
Is Papa clark a nigerian elder statesman or an ijaw representative, much as he is an elder in ijaw land, and adult cannot be in the general market and there should be chaos.
Dont mind d old local champion. He thought someone could sponsor BH d way he sponsoured Niger Delta militancy.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by reindeer: 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
That Edwin Clark needs to be examined closely. Looks like senile dementia is beginning to kick in.
Can't he tell his 'son' to use all the powers at his disposal if he suspects IBB or any other person of anything?
He's like a father blaming his son's genetic problem on bullies in school. He needs to face facts snd realise his son's genetic problem can't be cured by blaming others.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by EyesWideOpen(m): 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam:

Just shut already. You've been talking out of point since morning.
And you've talking on point, abi? Well, pat urself on the back for ur unequalled achievement.
You're not even making sense. I hope you know that.
Ciao
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by phildon: 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
executinal: Simple thing you should do IBB. If you are not guilty, condemn Boko haram or forever remain silent.
Buhari, ur prime suspect in your warped senses, has condemned them. Ibb n obj jointly condemned them. It didnt stop anything. This is just holding d last straw of a drowning man. Gej should be advised to resign.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by mylunch: 8:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
IBB, as a ex military leader,if he sincerely desires a solution to this BH issue,he should suggest new technicalities on how to cop this BH,it seem d dialogue he has advised would't work,cause the BH are asking for much.IBB pls don't get upset at what clark has said,if truly u don't have a hand in this BH issue,u should see this BH thing as an insult on your person,not while you are alive,being a tough ex general,and this goes to all ex generals,shame on you all.Giving IBB's record,is difficult to defend him on this,cause he is seen as an evil genus.I understand you are now elderly,but u can talk to ur boys in d military and tell them how to handle things.IBB? he knows how to stop this BH thing if he really desires it.
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by christ4mi(f): 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
executinal: Simple thing you should do IBB. If you are not guilty, condemn Boko haram or forever remain silent.
How will that provide solution to the problem, fool like u
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by Ekestar(m): 12:09am On Aug 07, 2012
To cut it short,both IBB and GEJ are biased,wot i mean is that,if we shld luk byound ethnic lines,we wil see the slution to BH,wich is dialogue,bt tracing d hstry of this country we wil see dat hausa/yoruba man has neva gv-in easily once smtn involves an igbo/south-south man.In the same vain,an igbo/south-south man will like to retaliate.4e.g.When militants were disturbn in d 9ja delta,no previous leader of Nigeria shwd serious concern to endn it tru dialogue,if nt Yaradua, afta much kilings and kidnapn.To cut it short,a presidnt of 9ja wit southern orign, wl nt easily gv-in to d demands of such group,lyk BH avn considrd d processes it took b4 d militants were gvn amnesty.Bsid dat,d history of 9ja is such dat civil army are only negotiatd wit afta much persistnt
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by Detongue: 12:46am On Aug 07, 2012
Ibb is ranting and it is ranting of a foool
Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by nagoma(m): 1:15am On Aug 07, 2012
The grumpy old man Clark is pathetic. Wants to set the rest of Nigeria against ijaw and both him and his protege Jona don't know a thing about leadin a multicultural society .

2 Likes

Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by Nimshi: 8:17am On Aug 07, 2012
Mr. Ibrahim Babangida calling someone - anyone - senseless and misguided??

Wonders.

Re: Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB by Demdem(m): 8:52am On Aug 07, 2012
honeric01: Silly people, passing blame on others while trying to appear innocent.

JONATHAN f.cking knows the sponsors, WHY THE HECK is he not naming them?

Jonathan is the only obstacle to solving the BOKO HARAM (his northern military arm) issues.

I endorse this post. Too much of kai-kai is affecting Clark. he is obviously going insane.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA / Buhari Re-Approves Payment Of $418 Million Paris Club Judgement Debts / Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.