Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) (52369 Views)

How To Get Jobs In Canada / Student Jobs In Norway! / 38 Highly Demanded Jobs In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by mastersr95(m): 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2012
Seriously these UK immigrants claiming they have good job need to shut up...some of them are probably lying
and the ones that actually have a professional jobs are 1 out of 1000

1 Like

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
sisieko2001:
And not too posh to work as a bouncer from 2005 - 2008
lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
you just have to love naija men. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin laugh don make my portugese weave tangle angry angry

05 - 08, UK was crawling and omo boy had to hustle.
08 - 12, God started smiling on his son.

08 - 12 = 4yrs, sisieko,
long time to adjust and get rich or die trying.
Chineke don butter my bread. tongue
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
mastersr95: Seriously these UK immigrants claiming they have good job need to shut up...some of them are probably lying

I've got money and my money works for me,
not a good job. Check my profile.

Awon boys are not smiling in the UK. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by sisieko2001: 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
HiiiPower:

05 - 08, UK was crawling and omo boy had to hustle.
08 - 12, God started smiling on his son.

08 - 12 = 4yrs, sisieko,
long time to adjust and get rich or die trying.
Chineke don butter my bread. tongue

nice one

had fun on this thread. . . . . signing out.

may God continually bless our hustle. Amen smiley
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
r231:
Shoreditch is ghetto undecided undecided undecided really
Do you even knw where shoreditch is undecided

I am not asking you bout the size of the club, we are talking about opening and closing times

Ode, I've been going to shoreditch before dem dash you visa.
I repeat, any club that opens at 6pm is GHETTO!
Go jump for River Thames.

Who goes to a club for 10hrs?
Only jobless agberos like you.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
eezeebone:
I just checked Nightingale club and i don't think these are Indians...
http://www.nightingaleclub.co.uk/TheTeam/Management.aspx

As per the three years.... it's all for the hustle.
We dey come join the retirement too.

Better start your retirement plan.
awon boys are not smiling.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by seedord247(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
Soo to buy range rover for uk na die.

Chaiii. angry
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
HiiiPower:

A couple of Indian clubs
Dhol Damaka club - earls court
The Nightingale Club - Birmingham
Club Tamingo - Kingsbury, London
Bombay Dreams Restaurant and Club - wembley

Indians don't do bouncers like that,
but they employ people, don't ask me how I know,
I used to work as a bouncer from 2005 - 2008.

An Indian owns [i]Ga[/i]y night club?
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
justwise:
An Indian owns [i]Ga[/i]y night club?

Many indians are gay, and your point?
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by queensmith: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2012
its true- Nigerians are doing incredibly well, professionally and in Business. It seems those that arrived post 1980s are doing even better than their predecessors.
Unfortunately at, the economy isn't doing very well so the UK might not be the best place to be- no job is secure and most graduates are underemployed.
It's sure to boom again soon enough, meanwhile we all need to learn to DJ and make cakes grin grin grin grin (rude inno!)
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
queensmith: its true- Nigerians are doing incredibly well, professionally and in Business. It seems those that arrived post 1980s are doing even better than their predecessors.
Unfortunately at, the economy isn't doing very well so the UK might not be the best place to be- no job is secure and most graduates are underemployed.
It's sure to boom again soon enough, meanwhile we all need to learn to DJ and make cakes grin grin grin grin (rude inno!)

Soon after double dip recession,
and no growth with the olympics?
I gbadun your style.

Better start your retirement plan and come make I marry u,
and put you for one of my houses. tongue
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by r231(m): 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
HiiiPower:

Ode, I've been going to shoreditch before dem dash you visa.
I repeat, any club that opens at 6pm is GHETTO!
Go jump for River Thames.

Who goes to a club for 10hrs?
Only jobless agberos like you.

Thank you sir at least I dind abuse you or call you any names so who is the ode and agbero now

I don't care how long you have been going shoreditch, my point is the place is not ghetto simple

Only empty vessels makes the loudest noise
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by OmoAlata(f): 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
I haven't read the entire thread but most Nigerians over here are "Yellow Fevers" grin
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Zechy09: 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
Thanks guys for your numerous contributions, I hope to get more contributions from people with proffesional jobs. This will encourage people a lot. If you come to Uk to visit friends that do unprofessional jobs, then you are likely to see their friends doing the same kind of jobs. A naija girl was rig service manager in north sea for schlumberger here in Aberdeen so I know people are doing very well here. The statistics is what I don't have but I can say more people have jobs than people without jobs. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2012
HiiiPower:

A couple of Indian clubs
Dhol Damaka club - earls court
The Nightingale Club - Birmingham
Club Tamingo - Kingsbury, London
Bombay Dreams Restaurant and Club - wembley

Indians don't do bouncers like that,
but they employ people, don't ask me how I know,
I used to work as a bouncer from 2005 - 2008.

That is a restaurant that serves a menu of Indian cuisine including halal and vegetarian dishes, they sometimes entertainment people with Bollywood dancers, that is not a club.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2012
r231:
Thank you sir at least I dind abuse you or call you any names so who is the ode and agbero now

I don't care how long you have been going shoreditch, my point is the place is not ghetto simple

Only empty vessels makes the loudest noise

How am I an "empty vessel?" Correcting lies/mistakes equals empty vessels in your oxford dicko, no?
Stop lying to people and getting them to a place,
where thing ain't that easy.

Too many young men are wasting away in the UK,
because of false hopes.

Anyway, I don talk my own,
na una know.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by MurderX: 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2012
I dont understand what the poster is talking about but it freaks me out that all the Toilet men in Newcastle nightclubs are Nigerian. If you search for a professional job for almost 2yrs while working as a Toilet man and get a fucking slumberger job or 2yr contract jabs - dude u r still loosing because na small children (23 - 26yrs) wey finish 2nd class upper for UNIBEN, UNILAG, ABU, UNN etc without masters sef dey hammer Slumberger jabs here even become international staff for europe, abi u wan talk about de ones wey hammer Chevvy, Mobil, Total, LNG, NNPC, Shell etc. My former colleague wey go hustle for UK over 7yrs now na im dey open door for me now - when I go flex for there - I dey tip am 10pounds etc. I mean a very sharp guy - - - crap crap crap. for your information most of the guys wey come back with good grades and good course still dey get jabs for these oil companies - countless close friends with such experience.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ok, enough of this Indian club argument, lets go back to what this thread was started for.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by r231(m): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2012
justwise:

That is a restaurant that serves a menu of Indian cuisine including halal and vegetarian dishes, they sometimes entertainment people with Bollywood dancers, that is not a club.

grin grin grin

The man don't knw the difference between restaurant and club grin
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by akintun: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
Nigerians in d uk succeed. I estimate dat in d short term about 10percent succeed, but d percentage increases d longer u stay and struggle. There are jointly owned Indian clubs in d uk, and there are Asians clubs in d uk.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
justwise:

Most clubs/bars do that during day time.
A lot of the clubs in west end/central London,
are also like that.
That's using the place to its full potentials.

Only African clubs use churches,
and warehouses as clubs on friday and saturday nights,
and churches on Sunday.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Cuddlemii: 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
HiiiPower:

cuddle yourself and go to bed.
Or were you deported as well?

If I give u a reassuring slap that would land u in an exclusive bar with dead bodies you would know.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
Murder_X: I dont understand what the poster is talking about but it freaks me out that all the Toilet men in Newcastle nightclubs are Nigerian. If you search for a professional job for almost 2yrs while working as a Toilet man and get a fucking slumberger job or 2yr contract jabs - dude u r still loosing because na small children (23 - 26yrs) wey finish 2nd class upper for UNIBEN, UNILAG, ABU, UNN etc without masters sef dey hammer Slumberger jabs here even become international staff for europe, abi u wan talk about de ones wey hammer Chevvy, Mobil, Total, LNG, NNPC, Shell etc. My former colleague wey go hustle for UK over 7yrs now na im dey open door for me now - when I go flex for there - I dey tip am 10pounds etc. I mean a very sharp guy - - - crap crap crap. for your information most of the guys wey come back with good grades and good course still dey get jabs for these oil companies - countless close friends with such experience.

What is that?
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
Zechy09: Thanks guys for your numerous contributions, I hope to get more contributions from people with proffesional jobs. This will encourage people a lot. If you come to Uk to visit friends that do unprofessional jobs, then you are likely to see their friends doing the same kind of jobs. A naija girl was rig service manager in north sea for schlumberger here in Aberdeen so I know people are doing very well here. The statistics is what I don't have but I can say more people have jobs than people without jobs. cool

I think i know the girl you're even talking about sef. One thing you have to understand is that a lot of people will assume that you're bragging when you talk about things like this.
For example, if i talk about what i do and the kind of positions me and my friends hold in our various organizations it will seem like bragging so the best thing is to just note that it is not the same for everyone and live it at that.
Some have jobs, some don't. Some own companies, some dream about companies...,,.,.,,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
mastersr95: Seriously these UK immigrants claiming they have good job need to shut up...some of them are probably lying

All the mumus in the house raise your hands up!!!

Because in naija there is 1 to 1000 ratio for people with professional jobs out of the millions abi? Dumbass.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2012
People lets stop derailing this thread, enough of unnecessary insults
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by MurderX: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
justwise:

What is that?

Some slumberger staff recruited in Nigeria are usually deployed to oversea locations.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by boyendowed(m): 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
Bright...:
pls.niaralander,am a Bsc holder in public adm.tryin to further more at uk.but i dont knw kind of prof.course dt can go for aside p.a. also with my discipline,whre can i work while at diaspora?thax.

You can go for globalization and development at the University of Manchester or globalization and governance at the University of Birmingham.You can also try courses like public policy or corporate governance

1 Like

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
Murder_X: I dont understand what the poster is talking about but it freaks me out that all the Toilet men in Newcastle nightclubs are Nigerian. If you search for a professional job for almost 2yrs while working as a Toilet man and get a fucking slumberger job or 2yr contract jabs - dude u r still loosing because na small children (23 - 26yrs) wey finish 2nd class upper for UNIBEN, UNILAG, ABU, UNN etc without masters sef dey hammer Slumberger jabs here even become international staff for europe, abi u wan talk about de ones wey hammer Chevvy, Mobil, Total, LNG, NNPC, Shell etc. My former colleague wey go hustle for UK over 7yrs now na im dey open door for me now - when I go flex for there - I dey tip am 10pounds etc. I mean a very sharp guy - - - crap crap crap. for your information most of the guys wey come back with good grades and good course still dey get jabs for these oil companies - countless close friends with such experience.

Yes there's a possibility you are correct but when people with good grades have tried and tried with no avail, what is your honest advice? Sit and rot away?

I have a friend with first class in Physics... he could not get a decent job in Nigeria... couldn't even get interview with NYSC, Shell, NLNG, Mobil and the likes... frustrated after 4 years, he headed to UK... after his Masters in UK, he got a job in the USA some offshore exploration stuff... now he does 4 weeks in nigeria, and a couple of weeks off the coast of Mexico.

If he had stayed here and listened to people b*tching about how horrible and useless going abroad will be i bet someone like you will be using him to tell stories "I know one guy with first class who doesn't have a good job".

I guess it's time Nigerians open their minds and allow exposure and reasoning take control. Every Nigerian DOES NOT have to live in Nigeria... Everybody does not have to do WHAT YOU CONSIDER REASONABLE... all these Nigerians repping Britain in the Olympics have their folks (who probably cleaned toilets at some point0 to thank for that.

So pleas reason and let everyman get what's his. There is money everywhere... just find yours and do well.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah / Nigerian Man Refuses To Enter "Driverless" Bus In Netherland (pics/video) / Before You Come To Ireland!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.