Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) (52390 Views)

How To Get Jobs In Canada / Student Jobs In Norway! / 38 Highly Demanded Jobs In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by sisieko2001: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2012
HiiiPower:

Recruitment agents means temp jobs.
You need to keep upgrading yourself,
and look for permanent jobs.

oh my days !

now i understand why you worked as a bouncer for three years undecided
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by r231(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2012
sisieko2001:

OMG!

you are three times more stoopid than I thought.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
sisieko2001: wow!

so hiipower is still here displaying his ignorance.

Contracting is the way to go in the UK. if you have the right skills and in the right sector.

Do you have any idea what some contractors earn

i left my permanent role for a contract job and it has been no looking back since then.

permanent job. . . . . nahhhh grin

That's coming from someone who works as care worker
somewhere in Essex lol.

Who employed your 'ignant' self? lol
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Cuddlemii: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
HiiiPower:

Unlike you and your ilks, I can talk about clubs (based on the discourse at the time)
and switch to talking about professional jobs, and what's attainable.
That shows my flexibility on all subject matters.

Brag? I haven't even said anything about what I do for a living, nor,
how I live, simpleton. Add reading and comprehension to your
challenge, and give me a report on your progress at the end of the month, dolt.

Add being a grown up man with balls to your to-do list. Any man that digs up a lady's profile to attack her is a lesser man or serial self-servicer. Better toughen up for the real world, "block head". Please wikipedia is always an available resource to learn about the Uk beyond the night life.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Cuddlemii: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
sisieko2001:

OMG!

you are three times more stoopid than I thought.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by OmoTier1(m): 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
chucky234: For the 2 million Nigerians in the UK only 5 people have been able to share their success stories,that's not even 1%.
Pls people should share the success stories for us to see but be honest about it because we know cooked up stories or tales when we see one,we can detect if you are a roadside agbero in London by mere reading of your post no matter the grammar used to convinced us.
In response to your question, here's my own story so your 2million becomes 1.9million .

Completed my Secondary Education in Nigeria, came over to the UK for my degrees, by Gods special grace, got my first degree, (BEng, Hons) and Masters (MEng). Degree was paid for by Parents, through science research scholarship, pay from work I did on behalf of University faculty while working as a student representative.

Applied for jobs with very few companies, got a graduate job with a Multinational Aerospace company one month after graduation. 18 months after, left the company for another multinational Aerospace company, managing multi-million pounds project cutting across Europe, US, China, India, Russia, etc. With exposure to high profile caliber professionals and global experts! God has been faithful and His grace has being abundant for me smiley

While the story might be sweet to tell today, I know it did not all happen by my effort! I am a believer in God and an ardent respect for the common laws, and also hard working. I could remember when some Nigerians in the UK then were fleecing banks thinking they were smarter, and I completely held on to my faith in God. But today, when I meet some of them they ask, how did you even manage to get this job and pass the stringent level of security attached to it? Well my answer to them and to others planning of coming to the UK is this: Do what is right in the eyes of the UK laws and be honest with people.

I will say this: All the Nigerians that were in these same set with me in my faculty in University have remained in the UK and guess what, they are all working for multi-nationals in UK, Australia, US and other parts of Europe.

....And lastly, I know I am a good ambassador of Nigeria as I have made the country and humanity proud and I will continue to do that. And to others going through the challenge of getting a job, or those studying and hoping to get a job in some of these multi-national companies, do your best to be the best amongst your peers in university and keep your records clean! cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Cuddlemii: 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
In response to your question, here's my own story so your 2million becomes 1.9million .

Completed my Secondary Education in Nigeria, came over to the UK for my degrees, by Gods special grace, got my first degree, (BEng, Hons) and Masters (MEng). Degree was paid for by Parents, through science research scholarship, pay from work I did on behalf of University faculty while working as a student representative.

Applied for jobs with very few companies, got a graduate job with a Multinational Aerospace company one month after graduation. 18 months after, left the company for another multinational Aerospace company, managing multi-million pounds project cutting across Europe, US, China, India, Russia, etc. With exposure to high profile caliber professionals and global experts! God has been faithful and His grace has being abundant for me smiley

While the story might be sweet to tell today, I know it did not all happen by my effort! I am a believer in God and an ardent respect for the common laws, and also hard working. I could remember when some Nigerians in the UK then were fleecing banks thinking they were smarter, and I completely held on to my faith in God. But today, when I meet some of them they ask, how did you even manage to get this job and pass the stringent level of security attached to it? Well my answer to them and to others planning of coming to the UK is this: Do what is right in the eyes of the UK laws and be honest with people.

I will say this: All the Nigerians that were in these same set with me in my faculty in University have remained in the UK and guess what, they are all working for multi-nationals in UK, Australia, US and other parts of Europe.

....And lastly, I know I am a good ambassador of Nigeria as I have made the country and humanity proud and I will continue to do that. And to others going through the challenge of getting a job, or those studying and hoping to get a job in some of these multi-national companies, do your best to be the best amongst your peers in university and keep your records clean! cool

This is what I am talking about! I learned a thing or two from your post. Thanks Omo!
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
@sisieko2001,HiiiPower and Cuddlemii

You people are derailing this thread, please enough of this.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by OmoTier1(m): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2012
To those laughing at others doing security jobs, it is not about the job you doing at the moment that matter, really it is about what you intend to do with yourself. I remember when I was working, teaching fellow students in the university then and getting paid, some other Nigerians were having a laugh 'cos most of them their parents could afford to pay their tuition fees in full and also deposit nearly £5,000 pounds cash in their account while having their accommodation paid for in one go! Well my parents could not afford same for me as I had other siblings whose tuition fees alone were running into £48,000 so I had to do what I needed to do to keep my heads above the waters then. But today, the story is all different and now my God is doing me double double wink wink and I can't complain. His grace has being enough for me!

So yea, do that security, social care job and get your career aspirations alive. It is only a matter of time and you would be smiling double double so long as you keep your tracks clean, and honest in all you do!
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
If you want professional advice on career path,
and how to find a niche for yourself, you need
to stay away from the frauds on this platform.

Most are empty and they just spew what they
know little, or nothing about.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by sisieko2001: 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
HiiiPower: I still don't know why people
live faux lives on the internet.
If you think driving a Range Rover = riches,
then, you have a problem.

Anyway, I'm done with you and your ilks.
I only chat to professionals and people
on my level, not dolts.

*chuckles*

professional license holder in night club security. grin grin

after 3years working as a doorman job, you are a professional . nothing do you wink grin
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Cuddlemii: 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2012
HiiiPower:

I had to do that to show
you're a liar!

Liar? Dude, I think you are taking this thing too far, Its ok!
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2012
Omo_Tier1: To those laughing at others doing security jobs, it is not about the job you doing at the moment that matter, really it is about what you intend to do with yourself. I remember when I was working, teaching fellow students in the university then and getting paid, some other Nigerians were having a laugh 'cos most of them their parents could afford to pay their tuition fees in full and also deposit nearly £5,000 pounds cash in their account while having their accommodation paid for in one go! Well my parents could not afford same for me as I had other siblings whose tuition fees alone were running into £48,000 so I had to do what I needed to do to keep my heads above the waters then. But today, the story is all different and now my God is doing me double double wink wink and I can't complain. His grace has being enough for me!

So yea, do that security, social care job and get your career aspirations alive. It is only a matter of time and you would be smiling double double so long as you keep your tracks clean, and honest in all you do!

Thanks! I did that what I had to do t survive,
and steadily moved up the ladder.
That's why most of these louts who worship
'Range Rover' will never achieve anything in life,
other than faux lives in cyberworld lol.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by sholaeco(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
Door men earn £250-300 per night in west end and God will always bless the work of ur hand no matter what job u do as long as u are nt lazy or stealing
HiiiPower:

West End, East London, Central/Bank, Birmingham, Manchester,
Coventry, Milton Keynes, Bradford etc.

The security jobs (esp bouncers) are also mostly Indian owned.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
Cuddlemii:

This is what I am talking about! I learned a thing or two from your post. Thanks Omo!
Whats ur advice? Had a 1st class degree in micro biology(4.97cgpa) and moved over to wales for masters just finished wit Distinction(85%) and looking for a job in the UK. Dnt want to come back to naija
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by IgboGirl(f): 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2012
OP

Why do you even bother? You don't need to prove anything to folks in Nigeria. No matter the type of job we do here abroad we are still better off. What is the minimum wage in Nigeria? A sh1t packer or yansh cleaner in UK or US still earns more than a teacher or what have you in Nigeria. Nigerians in Nigeria laugh at our jobs here abroad because they know despite how degrading the job is we still earn more than their so called high level jobs. And to top it off, the petty jobs we do don't require us to have a bachelor's degree but to be a maid or driver in Nigeria applicant must have a bachelor's degree lol what a shame!

I will rather be a middle class in US than be an upper class in Nigeria! The quality of life in Nigeria sucks!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
IgboGirl: OP

Why do you even bother? You don't need to prove anything to folks in Nigeria. No matter the type of job we do here abroad we are still better off. What is the minimum wage in Nigeria? A sh1t packer or yansh cleaner in UK or US still earns more than a teacher or what have you in Nigeria. Nigerians in Nigeria laugh at our jobs here abroad because they know despite how degrading the job is we still earn more than their so called high level jobs. And to top it off, the petty jobs we do don't require us to have a bachelor's degree but to be a maid or driver in Nigeria applicant must have a bachelor's degree lol what a shame!

I will rather be a middle class in US than be an upper class in Nigeria! The quality of life in Nigeria sucks!

You make valid point. Why worry. Ignorance, they say, is bliss.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by claremont(m): 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
obakovich:
Whats ur advice? Had a 1st class degree in micro biology(4.97cgpa) and moved over to wales for masters just finished wit Distinction(85%) and looking for a job in the UK. Dnt want to come back to naija
Have you thought about applying for PhD scholarships in places like Australia and New Zealand?! If you are interested in this route, google Griffith university international postgraduate research scholarships. I think with your grades, you are the ideal candidate for a promising career in the academia.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by chucky234(m): 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Nice one there bro,keep believing in God and I can assure you he will enlarge your coast even more.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by iragbijile: 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
obakovich:

Ole. Go back jo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Enter "Driverless" Bus In Netherland (pics/video) / Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna / Nigerians In Pretoria, Sunnyside, South Africa Suffering.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.