Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? (23206 Views)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / Pictures of Jonathan's Transformation Rails. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by rhymz(m): 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

You're struggling to understand. I get it.

We have much bigger bills.

But the poorest Nigerians pay more per unit energy.

As I said, it costs more to turn on a light bulb in Nigeria than Germany.

My monthly electricity bill is around ₦15,000, but pretty much everything in my life is electric. Overnight, we pay 15c/kWh.
It is you who is mixing up things in an effort to make a point. An average Nigerian does not use much electricvity and therefore does not pay that much in electric bill, that has been one of the cardinals of my argument when I said we pay nothing close to the germans for electrric bills. Also, in comparison to the cost of quantity used per hour, again, Nigerians pay far less because the billing system is grosly faulty, that's another point I am trying to ram into your thick skull bro. . Lol. . So the claims of Nigerians paying hugely for electricity than an average person in German is a dumb lie in all rammification no matter how much you try to argue it
Hope I am simple enough in my explanation this time?
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by rhymz(m): 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

You're struggling to understand. I get it.

We have much bigger bills.

But the poorest Nigerians pay more per unit energy.

As I said, it costs more to turn on a light bulb in Nigeria than Germany.

My monthly electricity bill is around ₦15,000, but pretty much everything in my life is electric. Overnight, we pay 15c/kWh.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by KiKatanga: 2:32pm On Aug 10, 2012
rhymz: It is you who is mixing up things in an effort to make a point. An average Nigerian does not use much electricvity and therefore does not pay that much in electric bill, that has been one of the cardinals of my argument when I said we pay nothing close to the germans for electrric bills. Also, in comparison to the cost of quantity used per hour, again, Nigerians pay far less because the billing system is grosly faulty, that's another point I am trying to ram into your thick skull bro. . Lol. . So the claims of Nigerians paying hugely for electricity than an average person in German is a dumb lie in all rammification no matter how much you try to argue it
Hope I am simple enough in my explanation this time?

I never claimed you paid as much in bills, I said you pay more for electricity. Anyone using a generator -- i.e. many of the poorest people in the country -- pay more for a unit electricity than I do.

I recommend you read back my posts. You're wrong, you know you're wrong and you're desperately trying to find a way to claim otherwise.

I pay less for electricity than most people in Nigeria. That is a fact. Nigerians do not use electricity like we do, because Nigeria's electricity supply is unreliable and expensive. You have your backward crony culture and your corrupt government to thank for that.

Evidently you think that's absolutely fine, but that's exactly the attitude that will see Nigeria stay a rat infested shithole filled with some good people and a lot of idiots.

Your country has problems. No-one should be paying more for power in a country like Nigeria than a country like Germany, and until you pull your head out of your arse accept the problem and work with your neighbours, irrespective of tribe or religion and solve it, you'll be patting yourselves on the back for generating enough to power a toaster while the rest of the world will be leaving you for dead.

END.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
It is not just the poor that use generators. Big Businesses, Government also does. Even PHCN used generators and those costs add up.

For some years our government budgeted billions for purchasing new, fueling, and repairing of generators.

And I agree, the average Nigerian pays more per KWh than many in developed nations do. To pay for the same amount of energy that your average home in say South Africa uses, a Nigerian home owner would likely not spend anything less than Naira 15,000- 20,000 a month. That is expensive.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by rhymz(m): 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

I never claimed you paid as much in bills, I said you pay more for electricity. Anyone using a generator -- i.e. many of the poorest people in the country -- pay more for a unit electricity than I do.

I recommend you read back my posts. You're wrong, you know you're wrong and you're desperately trying to find a way to claim otherwise.

I pay less for electricity than most people in Nigeria. That is a fact. Nigerians do not use electricity like we do, because Nigeria's electricity supply is unreliable and expensive. You have your backward crony culture and your corrupt government to thank for that.

Evidently you think that's absolutely fine, but that's exactly the attitude that will see Nigeria stay a rat infested shithole filled with some good people and a lot of idiots.

Your country has problems. No-one should be paying more for power in a country like Nigeria than a country like Germany, and until you pull your head out of your arse accept the problem and work with your neighbours, irrespective of tribe or religion and solve it, you'll be patting yourselves on the back for generating enough to power a toaster while the rest of the world will be leaving you for dead.

END.
stop this splitting hair argument that leads nowhere Jare.
Whether the argument was about size of bills or electric bills paid, I still maintain that Nigerians pay nothing in electric bills close to germans, period. Per kilowat hour we still do not pay the equivalent of what they pay in Germany, do the maths. Stop painting fcking scenerios. I know you so badly want to criticise, criticizing endlessly is your own way of contributing to nigeria, I understand, but in this instance, you are groping in the dark.
How much do you pay per kilowat hour in the place you are?
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by KiKatanga: 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
Overnight in the UK, is £0.10/kWh, day time is £0.25kWh.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
nasty45:
funny u knw when i look at yur comment i can tel u a YORUBA man...u talk alot and u'r easily fooled.u strike me as one wu wud threaten wit words buh run wen the time comes....tis ppl like u that can easily be fooled,@OP DID I JUST READ THAT THIS FEAT WAS ACHIEVED ONLY IN GEJ'S TIME?COME ON,THERE WAS A TIME WHEN THERE WR NO POWER OUTAGE IN NIGERIA,SO AT WHAT MEGAWATTS WERE WE THEN?

So what if I am Yoruba or not? Just make your non-point and phuck off, bro.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
lets say no to mediocrity! angry
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by KiKatanga: 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
George_D: lets say no to mediocrity! angry

Good, and say it LOUDLY!

If you want to excel you have to demand and strive for it. If you sing a politician's praises for a job half done, you'll receive a raft of half done jobs.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
mapet: I was about saying the same thing. We get so easily swayed by media blitz that we will soon be back to square one. This same thing we are celebrating now had happened b4 when we set a target of 6000MW only to receed to 3000MW.

We are currently in raining season and [size=14pt]water level at Egbin is high.[/size] If this spike is sustained through dry season is another thing. This is a cyclical thing in the last few years; electricity availability higher in raining season.....

Meanwhile what are we celebrating. Food for thought - As at 2003, South Africa was over 45,000MW, taken it to almost 60 before World cup.

Look at this fool. embarassed
Egbin is a gas powered plant in Lagos.

Where is the next fool that gets news from akara sellers and vulcanisers?

K-legged cow.
Baby monkey.
Nematode.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2012
cjpanta: To be very frank and unbiased, power has improved, though I wouldn't say that it calls for a celebration, but the fact remains that we have to encourage the people incharge. It is only when someone who is trying is encouraged that he/she would do well. Obviously, we are not yet where we should be, but that doesn't mean we should not appreciate the effort being made.
I also want to disagree with our brothers in the diaspora. Rome wasn't built in a day. There was a time when other countries were at this stage. You have to count 1 before 2. Generation doesn't just jump from 2000MW to 4000MW. It is a gradual process. Also they should remember that all these equipment used for this are not even manufactured in this country, so our pace will be resonably slower than countries where they are produced. And we should also bear in mind the decay in the system is a factor. Most of these equipment are either outdated or completely non-functional.
Then for people who say that power increases during the rains, I will not doubt that but am sure this is obviously not the first rainy season in Nigeria.

Let the truth be said: We need to encourage our leaders in areas where they are doing well and also offer constructive criticism in areas where they are stumbling. That is the only way forward

I would disagree with them. They are washing plates abroad and taking the frustration out on Nigeria instead of on the plates they are washing.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2012
lookmangiw: all anti-GEJ and opposition should retreat on this one. the 40 lappy squad are really having a field day. make una no worry as long as we are still under GEJ government, we would always have things to criticize. it just a matter of time.

Spoken as a true winsh.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

The NEPA rate is far below the German rate, but any Nigerian paying for a generator is paying more than a German pays for mains electricity. The difference is that in Germany, they are running their fridge, their freezer, the washing machine, their tumble dryer, their computer, their TV, their lights, their hoovers, their broadband, their cooker, their oven, their microwave, their blender, their shower, their stereo, their air conditioning and some, even their cars off of it.

In Europe we pay very little per unit of energy, we just use a hell of a lot of it.

In Nigeria -- you pay more than most Europeans per unit energy, but you can't afford to use it for anything but the bare essentials.

The reason I talk about power per hour is that power per hour is energy.

In Europe we have monthly energy bills that would make you weep. But you pay more to turn on a light in Nigeria than in Germany.

Oh and I've been on the ground and have family in Germany, Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Jamaica and the UK so I'm pretty well placed to compare them.

You are making no point, bro. Your arguments are increasingly woebegone and marooned.
All you are doing is tripping over your own tongue when you argue that we shouldn't be happy because electricty supply is getting steady, yet you tell us how expensive it is to run a generator. Its either hypocrisy or sour grapes.

Stay in your Germany, harness your strange thought processes and bitterness in the elections over there. Nigerians are quite happy with the improvements. Thank you.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Blackheritage: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
kingoflag:

And does it look like I was disagreeing with you? All I'm saying is that Nigerians should not get blinded by the "Improving Light" issue that they forget other important aspects of their life. They shouldn't forget that this Govt is utterly corrupt thats why its being shunned by sensible Governments all over the world. In the past wasn't Obama GEJ's homie? Didn't he tell us "Even Obama says I'm trying"? Why are they giving him a wide berth now? Let me tell you how disastrous this GEJ is: If dem born Obama well, make he hang around GEJ and see if Romney won't use it as an issue and destroy him at the Polls.

So, in hindsight, all I'm saying is: [b]NIGERIANS, REALIZE THAT YOUR LIFE CAN GET BETTER! REALIZE THAT YOU ARE SUFFERING! THEY GIVE YOU TELEPHONES AFTER 40 YRS, THEN "CONSTANT" ELECTRICITY FOR ONE MONTH AFTER 50YRS+ IS NOT A REASON TO JUMP FOR JOY! DO NOT FORGET THAT GEJ SHOWED HIS HANDS 3 WEEKS AFTER HE

BECAME PRESIDENT BY LETTING YOU KNOW HE WANTS TO RULE YOU FOR LIFE; THATS THE END GAME. DONT BE BLIND! YOU DESERVE BETTER! YOU DESERVE BRILLIANT MEN OF INTERGRITY AND HONOR TO LEAD YOU! [/b]Right now you're still wandering in the wilderness, but hopefully you'll get your act together....if hunger hasn't finished you all off by then.

smh
let us just appreciate a little...let's leave sentiments and partisan politics.. He's not a magician, give him time to improve.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
Maybe no one showed this to Amanpour . . . . grin
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by seanet01: 10:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
Kobojunkie: Maybe no one showed this to Amanpour . . . . grin
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha / Nigeria In Deep Economic Trouble: “FG, States, LGs Share N518.5bn For June” / Give Former First Ladies Some Privileges - Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.