Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? (23218 Views)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / Pictures of Jonathan's Transformation Rails. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
uzomagic: This is not just about figures. We are witnessing actual improvement in power supply and we are sure it is not happening by chance. Somebody is behind it and credit must be given when due. The power reform programme is ongoing and I believe Barth Nnaji can see it thru.

Actually the figures matter more than your FEELINGS of improvement.

Billions of dollars are being invested into these projects and if there is no way to read the development, we might as well be pouring money down even bigger drains.

Bart would have appeared stupid if he had announced that generation had improved without providing numbers to back up his claim. Notice he did not say "I get 22hours so it has improved"
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Elueme: 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
This is a bravo! I hope for sustainability and further improvement.. This is a product of the new tariff policy which has seen the interest of the IOC agreeing on investing in gas generation which has been a part problem to power generation.. Nigerians need more education on the need for the new tariff because many still feel that it is one of those govt's exploitatiry policies.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by feelamong(m): 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
for the records...this is not the highest ever reached. We have hit 4420 mega watts before in January and what happened after that?

Well, your guess is just as good as mine! meanwhile this is the peak of rainy season and all our hydro turbines usually do well this period..lets wait till the peak of dry season to check..

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-generation-hits-4420mw-ministry/
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
feelamong: for the records...this is not the highest ever reached. We have hit 4420 mega watts before in January and what happened after that?

Well, your guess is just as good as mine! meanwhile this is the peak of rainy season and all our hydro turbines usually do well this period..lets wait till the peak of dry season to check..

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-generation-hits-4420mw-ministry/

Thank you. Where is @Netotse when you need to see that bug
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Rossikk(m): 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2012
Ufeolorun: What a psychiatric game,you came in,depleted power level and now that your incapacitated sense is fixing what you destroyed we now have to rejoice and appreciate you for fixing what you broke.

Well adupe o. at least awa laptops batteries wont run out soon grin

You're talking rubbish and lies - as usual.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Rossikk(m): 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
feelamong: for the records...this is not the highest ever reached. We have hit 4420 mega watts before in January and what happened after that?

Two or three years ago even at peak rainy season we were generating no more than 2,500 mw. BE MAN ENOUGH TO ADMIT TO IMPROVEMENTS OR GET LOST.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Elueme: 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Actually the figures matter more than your FEELINGS of improvement.

Billions of dollars are being invested into these projects and if there is no way to read the development, we might as well be pouring money down even bigger drains.

Bart would have appeared stupid if he had announced that generation had improved without providing numbers to back up his claim. Notice he did not say "I get 22hours so it has improved"
What point are you making? I can't mk out any sense from your post. When you talk of billions being spent, is it up to half of the ones spent previously with no 5% improvement? When money is spent and you see the results, you complement after all such monies have been spent in the past without any improvement. Now you need 22hrs light? Let's mk do with the ones we have now and hope for improvement mr Oliver twist..at least over 200% improvement in 2 yrs... FRESH AIR.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by warrior01: 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2012

STFU! So you did not see where he said it excludes the spinning reserves? So tell me the last time Nigeria generated and transmitted full 4237MW?

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by jmaine: 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2012
Ufeolorun: What a psychiatric game,you came in,depleted power level and now that your incapacitated sense is fixing what you destroyed we now have to rejoice and appreciate you for fixing what you broke.

Well adupe o. at least awa laptops batteries wont run out soon grin

Your recent penchant to emit undliluted stvpidity and foolishness is appaling . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
um . . . The article only says 4237MW was generated. Not that that 4237MW was transmitted ooooo . . . .

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Elueme: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
maclatunji:

Figures do not mean anything when your electricity is still unstable and unreliable. The solution is to dispose of PHCN and its successor companies to competent private companies in a properly regulated market as soon as possible. You guys keep coming-up with these threads but I still had to use my generator last night. So what on earth are your yapping about?

Figures were also bandied-about by Yar'adua, Obasanjo and those before them. I can almost guarantee you that 2015 will come and there will not be any remarkable change in electricity supply. You guys will still be asking for "more time" to "complete work" on this "never-ending project".

#Utterrubbish.
I agree with you. If govt had their ways they would have since done that but this is a democratic institution where you can't act without wide consultations.. Do you privatize without severance packages for the hundreds of thousands who presently work in the employ of PHCN.. Privatizing the company to competent hands ll surely come, every stake holder has concurred to its inevitability but it is also good to sell a good brand.. If our power generation attains a commendable status it will give our brand a status before the investors
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by apala911: 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
Good news......... We need more of this......and d MW shd be jerked higher
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by maclatunji: 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
Elueme: I agree with you. If govt had their ways they would have since done that but this is a democratic institution where you can't act without wide consultations.. Do you privatize without severance packages for the hundreds of thousands who presently work in the employ of PHCN.. Privatizing the company to competent hands ll surely come, every stake holder has concurred to its inevitability but it is also good to sell a good brand.. If our power generation attains a commendable status it will give our brand a status before the investors

I think it was the late Yar'adua that was planning to declare a "state of emergency" in the power sector. Quite unorthodox but he could have gotten away with it if there was transparency and the ultimate goal achieved.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by FrankC3: 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
^You should know that Power Minister has always said that there is no need for any state of emergency in power because Power generation, transmission and distribution should be a carefully planned process, with end to end solution breadth powered by strong political will will and ultimately some time for the projects (majority of which are EPC) to mature. Actually, i remember his saying when he took over that talking about state of emergency in power should be the first indication to a literate society that the leadership does not understand the problem or the solution to power challenge. That was how the 'politically sexy' word of state of emergency in power died down.

Actually, that was when i knew that the guy seem to know what he is up againstand the result we are getting today is not very surprising.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by ubandire(m): 2:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
GreenJ: Only hear of it on news!

Blind pessimism,it's only a blantant liar and unpatriotic fellow that will decide to turn a blind eye to the significant and unpararelled improvement in power supply,from Okene to uzuakoli,ota to Zungeru,the story is the same.I was expecting this statement from the minister because it's definitely obvious that something positive has been done in that sector.

Kudos to Gej's administration,this is visible change.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by maclatunji: 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
Frank-C:
^You should know that Power Minister has always said that there is no need for any state of emergency in power because Power generation, transmission and distribution should be a carefully planned process, with end to end solution breadth powered by strong political will will and ultimately some time for the projects (majority of which are EPC) to mature. Actually, i remember his saying when he took over that talking about state of emergency in power should be the first indication to a literate society that the leadership does not understand the problem or the solution to power challenge. That was how the 'politically sexy' word of state of emergency in power died down.

Actually, that was when i knew that the guy seem to know what he is up againstand the result we are getting today is not very surprising.

I laugh in Chinese. You see all of Barth Nnaji's fancy plans will not work for Nigeria's power sector O. You need more radical measures, all that "careful planning and implementation" will last a 100 years and we would still be asking for more time if we stick with it.

However, there is hope! State governments now have the approval to generate and distribute their own electricity. I know that Lagos will grab the opportunity with both arms and quickly too.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
Which Uzuakoli again? I know someone from here who went down there and in a call from place(or was the call from Umuahia) reported that he has yet to FEEL the improvement I was talking to him of. Abeg, make we softly softly lie oooooo!!!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Ufeolorun(m): 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
jmaine:

Your recent penchant to emit undliluted stvpidity and foolishness is appaling . . . .

You just got one like from grin grin
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by danjohn: 2:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
These 40 laptops are really hyping up this thread. The last time I checked my father still needed 2 generators in his house (an "I better pass my neighbor" and a bigger one that can carry AC). GEJ has made it so difficult for his supporters. He gives them nothing substantial to work with.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by mkmyers45(m): 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
I still insist that all these is too early to appraise...Lets give it time, it will fall in place
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Repubocrat(m): 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
maclatunji:

I laugh in Chinese.

How's that possible?.....Just kidding grin

However, there is hope! State governments now have the approval to generate and distribute their own electricity. I know that Lagos will grab the opportunity with both arms and quickly too.

When did this happen?
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2012
Repubocrat:

How's that possible?.....Just kidding grin
When did this happen?

Only a couple of months ago, and we getting seriously into building power plants until 2013/2014.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Shaw007(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Look I am not your mother. I have told you that several times so go find your mother, and her kitty somewhere else, imbe-cile!

imbe-cile: a person who goes around refering to his mother's kitty and issues pertaining to it.
okay we don hear . . .do u av anything 2 say about this new development?
@topic,God bless GEJ(all d way)
God bless NigEriA!!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by sbeezy8: 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
they said that 1.5 to 2 yrs

Nigerians are clowns and the naive nairalanders who are applauding this are ridiculous dont even visit naija 4 shiot
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Truckpusher(m): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
kingoflag: Yeah, like I've always said, he will give you electricity, then he will bless you with life Presidency too.

Electricity is your right. Use the light to fire up your computers and read your constitution and fight against corruption. Thats what you need to be doing instead of thanking Government for doing their job as if they are doing you favors.

as if they've been doing it !!!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by sbeezy8: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
[size=15pt]Electricity generation now at 4,242MW, highest ever –Nnaji ----> September,2011
[/size]

The Federal Government said on Monday that the country had attained an all-time-high power generation of 4,242.7 megawatts.

The Minister of Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji, announced this in Abuja even as his counterpart in the investment and trade ministry, Mr. Olusegun Aganga, also said the Federal Government had sealed a N240bn energy and housing deal with European investors.

Nnaji, who spoke at a stakeholders’ workshop on “Towards Stability in Power Sector”, held at State House Banquet Hall, Abuja, said the country had also reduced the incidence of system collapse in the power sector significantly.

[size=13pt]The power minister said, “On Friday, September 17, 2011, Nigeria attained the highest quantum of power ever. We achieved 3,982.7MW. This figure does not include the 260MW maintained as spinning reserve, which is used for system stability. I am glad to report that all the 3,982.7MW now produced in Nigeria goes into the national grid without difficulty. In other words, the attained generation is now 4,242.7MW.
[/size]

“Nigeria used to experience an average of four system collapse every month, that is, almost 50 system failures annually. Much as we have reduced the failures in the last one year, our goal is to reduce them to zero. I must add, however, that some of the failures are caused by factors beyond our control, like a sudden shortage of gas supply to a power generation facility.”

The former President Umaru Yar’Adua administration had failed to deliver on its promise of attaining a 6,000MW target in 2009. The highest the government achieved in August 2010 was 3,800 MW, the highest figure till then.

Nnaji said there were credible reports of a noticeable improvement in power supply in many parts of the country and that the country was expecting an additional 10MW from the Delta Power Station in Ughelli, Delta State, this month. He added that another 120MW will be added later this year, bringing the quantum of power being expected from the plant to 470MW.

“This improvement will still leave us with a shortfall of 430MW because the station’s installed capacity is 900MW. From its sister power station in Sapele, we are expecting an additional 100MW this year, raising supply from this station to 252MW. Still, there will be a shortfall of 768MW because the installed capacity of the station is 1,020MW.

“We have a programme to recover as soon as possible lost capacities at Egbin, Kainji and other places. The 760MW Kainji hydro station, built in 1968, has never been overhauled. But some of its units which are out of use are now undergoing rehabilitation. Coupled with the scheduled inauguration of some plants being built under the National Integrated Power Project, we are optimistic of achieving the target of 5,000MW this year and hit 6,000MW in 2012,” he said.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by donsax: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
Fuckoffs. Light hasn't so much improve in ma area. Am talking ilorin, kwara state. So, i never believed the fuvking electricity has improve since am no enjoying much shits from it.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by sbeezy8: 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
THAT WAS 2011 ^^^^
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
Its Called FRESH AIR...

If you cant fell it, stop to mess..
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
To be frank, electricity supply has increased. All thanks to GEJ. Fresh Air grin grin grin grin
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
donsax: Fuckoffs. Light hasn't so much improve in ma area. Am talking ilorin, kwara state. So, i never believed the fuvking electricity has improve since am no enjoying much shits from it.

Is Kwara still a State?!! undecided

Guy pack out from there o!! The Federal Government only give priority electricity to Producing States and not consumer states..
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by ak47mann(m): 4:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
Finally former eastern regions have provided electricity broken the country's record, which no other region even came close to that,i believe that power should stay in Eastern region for nigeria to develop....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari In Group Photo With AU Leaders / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2016) / Xenophobia: S/Africa Proposes Cultural Exchange Programme With Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.