Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? (23215 Views)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / Pictures of Jonathan's Transformation Rails. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 10:42am On Aug 09, 2012
Blackheritage: . At least they've tried in that aspect..even if it is government's duty, successive ones came and didn't do anything in that area. Even if is that they can do and maintain for 4yrs and after we will appreciate. Let another government come and build on that... Let's talk reality, sentiments and partisan politics. Let us call a spade a spade. He has tried. Someone came and has given us phones/ telecommunications effectively, stabilized and consolidated banks issues, and if dis one can give effective 20hrs light/day and other came to give transportation effectively and subsequent regimes balance d policies... Fly, if u can't fly run, if u can't run walk, if u can't walk then crawl. But just keep moving

While I agree with most everything you have said, I think we should come down to earth here and visit REAL REALITY.

a) The reason why we see the improvement today is majorly because past Governments invested in building power plants. These projects usually take years, hence the reason why many of the plants that were started during the Obasanjo years only came online in 2010/2011/2012.

b) If we have no plans to build new plants during this administration, and no private projects of the type commences within the next 3 years, then technically, we will likely no see an improvement after 2015.

c) So, yes the current Government has tried, especially if this story of improved gas tranmission is true, but let's not forget the past administrations that helped make this "improvement" possible. If Obasanjo had not signed the power projects he did, we would all not be here celebrating this today. And please I am not holding brief for Obasanjo or Yar adua.

I dare anyone to provide evidence to counter the claim made which is that Obasanjo is reason why we have the power stations we do today. Power does not come out of thin air and no matter how miraculous you think the situation is today, Obasanjo remains to praise for the power stations we have to give today.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by lookmangiw(m): 10:46am On Aug 09, 2012
all anti-GEJ and opposition should retreat on this one. the 40 lappy squad are really having a field day. make una no worry as long as we are still under GEJ government, we would always have things to criticize. it just a matter of time.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 10:49am On Aug 09, 2012
And on this government spending nothing on power, I disagree.

[size=13pt]After N450bn spending, power generation remains stagnant[/size]

Despite investing [size=13pt]over N450 billion- the equivalent of $3 billion[/size], on the National Independent Power Projects (NIPPs) in the last three years, the Federal Government has only succeeded in maintaining power generation at 3,400 mega watts, BusinessDay has learnt.

The NIPP project enjoys joint funding from the three tiers of government: federal, state and local, to the tune of $5 billion.The three year period represents only the Umaru Yar’Adua years, after the funding of NIPPs had been stalled over suggestions that the projects, which were initiated by the Olusegun Obasanjo administration, were inflated.

A probe by the House of Representatives committee on power, then led by Ndudi Elumelu (PDP, Delta), had initially alleged that the projects gulped about $12 billion.President Goodluck Jonathan is concerned that his zeal to fix the power problem does not go the way of his predecessors’.
“The president wants action and he is getting impatient with the minister of state for power and those saddled with the responsibilities of supervising the power projects. He is not satisfied with the rate of progress on power infrastructures. The president does not want to come out again by December to apologise to Nigerians for the government’s failure to deliver on its promise of delivering 6,000mw of electricity to the Nigerian people,” a presidency official told BusinesDay.

“The Presidential Steering Council on NIPP has, so far, invested about $3 billion on the different projects. Some of them would be completed before the end of the year”, a source acquainted with the execution of the NIPPs said.

“The president is very eager to see all the NIPPs come on stream to help ease the country’s power problems,” the source added, stressing that “all things being equal, Nigeria will begin to enjoy steady power supply before the end of the first quarter of 2011”.

http://nigeriannewsservice.com/nns-news-archive/headlines/after-n450bn-spending-power-generation-remains-stagnant
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by emmatok(m): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2012
edicolove: The point has been made. The thread has achieved its purpose. People like kobojunkie, Sisi_kill and kingoflag can continue to dance naked for the world to see. It won't change anything. An issue like power is not one you can do propaganda with. It is either there or it is not. Even if GEJ comes out today and spend billions to tell Nigerians that power has improved while there is no power on the ground, the campaign will amount to nothing. But if the power has actually improved, the people will know themselves and acknowledge it no matter the propaganda the likes of kobojunkie try to spread. It is really foolishness unlimited for anyone to think that they can post 10 pages here and dispel the facts that exist on the ground.

Last time I was in Benin, the radio programs were buzzing with calls about NEPA and everyone acknowledge power has tremendously improved. The major complains most had was the increase in tarrif. Some other minors complains included bad transformers in some locations and PHCN staff's excesses. In Lagos, light is still being rationed in many areas but the number of hours made available in many places has also improved considerably. But Lagos is large and the amount of power allocated there is certainly not adequate so there will be rotation still until the power generated reaches around 6000 to 7000MW. For cities with far less population, the power will be able to go round more. Those calculating 160million Nigerians to 4000MW of electricity are just exhibiting gross stup1d1ty. Most rural areas use very small amount of power except for holiday periods like Christmas. Most of the power demands are from the cities. The vast majority of Nigerians still live in the rural areas. That is why 4000 mega watts for now will seem to go round the country fairly. Nigeria doesn't have many industries yet. We practically import 70 to 80 percent of items we use. As the power improves, more and more people will begin to setup industries. Then the power demands will also increase more. That is the projection you will hear the power minister or anyone give in terms of what we need to have in 2020. Anyone who tells you Nigeria needs 100, 000MW right now is a complete f00l who has no clue of his/her country. Many of these diaspora Nigerians are filled with bitterness. We do understand that but turning that into ridiculous cynicism about Nigeria is just not right. Even if you can't get a husband and you are 42yrs old living in the bronx like kobojunkie or you are working for £2 and hour in a farm near aberdeen like kingoflag, it still should not make you exhibit blind hate for your country and her people. We have to keep believing and demanding our government do more. I contribute my 2 cents by following people like Barth Nnaji and NERCNG online and putting pressure on them to do what is right for Nigeria. We tell them they must not fail. We call their attention to issues and commend them when they do well. So far the road map is on course.

Prepaid meter installation is going on massively nationwide. The gas project is going on massively. The transmission backbone across the country is being massively strengthened. TCN has been taken over by Manitoba Ltd from Canada. GE has signed an MOU to build power stations. Akwa Ibom and Rivers IPP are currently on top gear nearing completion. Lagos is on planning stage too. Their officials have been going round. These are all great signs. It is only a witch with evil expectations that will tell us to ignore these signs and instead run these progress down just because of some partisan interest. Sad stuff!

I know it is only sycophant that will continue recycling lies.

You claim Nigeria dose not have many industries, when most of them shut-down due to insufficient power supply.

PZ, NIGERIAN BREWERIES,textile-mills e.t.c are still using generators to power their plants, and you claim 4000 mega watts for now will seem to go round

MTN,GLO and other telcos are importing thousands of generators to power the CELL-SITES everyday even in the rural area.

Since you said :Anyone who tells you Nigeria needs 100, 000MW right now is a complete f00l

Maybe you are referring to Mr. Bath Nnaji.

Nigeria Requires 135,000 Mega Watts of Power .

The Federal Government Monday said Nigeria requires about 135,000 Mega Watts angry angry angry of electricity to effectively power the economy.

Addressing journalists at the sideline of a power conference, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Minister of Power, Mr. Bath Nnaji said

Nnaji said the country would explore fuel for power generation, gas, hydro, coal, wind and solar to achieve the target adding that the current power generation was 3,600 MW out of the 5,700 MW available capacity embarassed embarassed embarassed.

He cited non-availability of gas, lack of proper maintenance, water management issues and transmission constraints major factors responsible for its inability to achieve maximum capacity.

The minister disclosed that the Federal Government had signed $1.5 billion agreement with the United States (US) Export and Import Bank on power sector financing.

Mr. Nnaji hinted that the Ministry of Power had both signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with General Electric and Siemen respectively to built 10,000 MW power plant respectively in the country.

Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Allison-Madueke, linked the current challenges in the power sector to the "gross mis-alignment’’ in terms of gas supply to power plants.

Mrs. Allison-Madueke said some of the power plants were cited in areas with no gas availability stressing that the situation was because both the ministry of power and the ministry of petroleum resources were not working in synergy before the contracts for those power stations were awarded.

She listed poor payment performance by Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) and National Integrated Power Project (NIPP) as well as poor funding for critical power projects as parts of the constraints of the sector.

She disclosed that as at March, the NIPP was owing NNPC N3.2 billion for gas supply; PHCN was owing about N1.58 billion while Ibom Power Plant in Akwa-Ibom State was indebted to the tune ofN1.19 billion.

Allison-Madueke said the current gas supply level to the power plants was 520 million scf/d and expressed optimism that NNPC would increase the supply to 700 scf/d million in few months.
http://frontiersnews.com/index.php/news/645-nigeria-requires-135000-mega-watts-of-power-

The truth is that you people don't care about Nigeria, it is all about your MAN in Power.

You lack everything called patriotism, and you want better Nigeria through repetition of lies.

Imagine an Educated man saying:4000 mega watts for now will seem to go round the country fairly

As usual i expect you to reply with insults.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Sike(m): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2012
That is Nice!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 10:57am On Aug 09, 2012
Yes ooo . . . .

Richvkunt:

My dear,
I repeat again,if any person/persons living in Nigeria right now tells you there is NO improvement in electricity generation,CALL HIM/HER A LIAR!

Check my posts on Nairaland,I am not a supporter of Mr Jonathan,in fact I am indifferent to his government.However on this issue I must give the man a BIG thumbs up.

[size=13pt]Yes, you are absolutely right because a nation of well over 150,000,000,000 people requires less than 5000 MW of electricity to impact them all.

Yes, we should put this on the level of the miracle with Jesus feeding the 5000 with just 5 loaves and 2 fishes . . . this is a miracle![/size]

[size=13pt]
4000 000/150 000 000 000 -- (according to google calculator ) ==> 0.00002666666KW[/size]

WOW . . . . we should shout halleluia ooo . .. each Nigerian can now boast of almost 0.00002666666KWh and by miracle that is somehow equal to 22 hours of electricity per person grin grin

Yes, 0.00002666666KW is fair for each Nigerian. . . . even though the average CFL bulb is about 25W, 0.00002666666KW will not only power one but cause it to shine like the sun cool
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 09, 2012
GEJ and his team are only giving us our right not a favour,but why is he now waking up when the beats of impeachment is in the air?
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by oge4real(f): 11:56am On Aug 09, 2012
This does not make sense to an average welder who spends #1000 to fuel his generator for #1050 worth of day's work. The best way to announce this is by the number of hours that there is power in homes and offices.
Nigerians are tired of theories, we need practicals.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by kinguwem: 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
Jalingo has been having power supply regularly, recently. Keep up the spirit, GEJ & Nnaji.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Excuzeme: 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
Timehin: Almost 4days of uninterrupted light in my area and still counting........

My generator has been on vacation for weeks

LIAR! LIAR!! LIAR!!!

See how dumb you come across?

How can your Generator be on vacation for "WEEKS" (7days make one week!) when all you have is 4 DAYS of UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY?
Okay, tell me you slept in heat for the remaining "WEEKS, minus 4days"! shocked shocked
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
free air! grin
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Excuzeme: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I dare anyone to provide evidence to counter the claim made which is that Obasanjo is reason why we have the power stations we do today. Power does not come out of thin air and no matter how miraculous you think the situation is today, Obasanjo remains to praise for the power stations we have to give today.

Naah, l and everyone DARE YOU to first PROVIDE EVIDENCE that Obasanjo is the reason we have power stations we have today.

Why should anyone try to counter-claim what you said, when all you did was "make claims" without a single evidence?
Is that a kind of "lazy brain-work" or what?

Lets see yourown evidence first, then "counter claim' will provide its own evidence! wink
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
Excuzeme:

Naah, l and everyone DARE YOU to first PROVIDE EVIDENCE that Obasanjo is the reason we have power stations we have today.

Why should anyone try to counter-claim what you said, when all you did was "make claims" without a single evidence?
Is that a kind of "lazy brain-work" or what?

Lets see yourown evidence first, then "counter claim' will provide its own evidence! wink

um . . .Please spare me all these lazy-brained responses of yours.

If you have no counter to my claim, then we have nothing to argue. I have made my claim, accept it or counter it. It is that simple.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
Godogwu:

Guy! You should also read what I said.......I said not more than two tenures " tow terms" as in eight years.....

And I said he agreed to just one term! As in 4yrs, not the 8 he's now trying to seek, or the 15-Life which he's trying to bamboozle you all into.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Godogwu: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
kingoflag:

And I said he agreed to just one term! As in 4yrs, not the 8 he's now trying to seek, or the 15-Life which he's trying to bamboozle you all into.

So your point exactly is.......??
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by jmaine: 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2012
All useless statistics does not negate the empirical proof of improved power supply . . .

It's silly seeing ultra cynic peeps, trying so hard at failure
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
Godogwu:

So your point exactly is.......??

I'm really at my wits end and am trying to be civil. Normally, at this point, I'd have cussed your as*s out. So, please, fu*ck off if you have nothing better to discuss about with me than trying to get in a game of verbal gymnastics.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by kingPINN(m): 7:32pm On Aug 09, 2012
If you re watching and appreciating but not congratulating, then you re low-key hating..stop hating and congratulate the efforts made so far on this power project..it can only get better..God bless Nigeria, God strengthen GEJ and touch the hearts of Nigeria to support good causes..
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by juman(m): 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2012
A lot of HIRED posters are many on this thread. grin
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by KiKatanga: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2012
kingPINN: If you re watching and appreciating but not congratulating, then you re low-key hating..stop hating and congratulate the efforts made so far on this power project..it can only get better..God bless Nigeria, God strengthen GEJ and touch the hearts of Nigeria to support good causes..

Alright: GEJ, congratulations on a job half done.

I have nothing aginst him, but at the moment he's made the small step from pathetic to derisory -- I sincerely hope he does better in the future.

Nigeria cannot survive on 1% of the energy per person of other countries (at 10-15 times the price) -- and certainly cannot develop.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Godogwu: 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
kingoflag:

I'm really at my wits end and am trying to be civil. Normally, at this point, I'd have cussed your as*s out. So, please, fu*ck off if you have nothing better to discuss about with me than trying to get in a game of verbal gymnastics.

Oh yea?....you don't mean it!!!......it's obvious you have no point to put across..
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Excuzeme: 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . .Please spare me all these lazy-brained responses of yours.

If you have no counter to my claim, then we have nothing to argue. I have made my claim, accept it or counter it. It is that simple.
You have just "yarn opata"! grin
Any mugun can 'say anything', its only when you back it up with "evidence" that it begins to sound reasonable.
Right now, you have not done that and you want anyone to start doing "home work' on such tripe?

Abegi, carry ur lazy bum and go grind some pepper! grin

Excuzeme joor! wink
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by rhymz(m): 7:06am On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

Germany paid less in subsidy (30 Naira per kWH) than Nigeria ever paid in petrol subsidy and the total cost per kilowatt is far less than a petrol or diesel generator. Nigeria has some of the most expensive energy in the world, because government isn't doing its job, and people don't hold it to account.
Seriously dude, by now, you should get tired of this pointless round and round argument , it is trite and uninteresting. If Nigerians pay half of what Germans pay for energy, we go riot. Stop quoting and making unsubstantiated claims just so you can win an argument that you are obviously losing.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by KiKatanga: 9:30am On Aug 10, 2012
rhymz: Seriously dude, by now, you should get tired of this pointless round and round argument , it is trite and uninteresting. If Nigerians pay half of what Germans pay for energy, we go riot. Stop quoting and making unsubstantiated claims just so you can win an argument that you are obviously losing.

No, do the maths.

Tariffs:
Germany: 27c/kWh
Nigeria: 8c/kWh

-- However a lot of people use generators...

Honda EC2000 Generator - pretty much the best budget generator in the world.

2000W for 2.8 hours from 3.6 litres of petrol.
that's 5.6kWh from 3.6 litres of petrol
3.6 litres of petrol @ ₦97 = ₦349 = $2.16 = 216c

216/5.6 = 38.6c/kWh

That's 42% more per kWh than Germany (plus the price of the generator, plus collecting petrol, plus maintenance and repair) - for one of the more efficient generators available.

People should stop defending Nigerian politicians and start fighting for a better Nigeria.

[u]Sources:[/u]__________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_pricing#Global_electricity_price_comparison
http://www.justgenerators.co.uk/pages/HondaEC2200.htm
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/new-tariff-fg-abolishes-uniform-pricing-for-electricity/
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 10, 2012
Excuzeme:

LIAR! LIAR!! LIAR!!!

See how dumb you come across?

How can your Generator be on vacation for "WEEKS" (7days make one week!) when all you have is 4 DAYS of UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY?
Okay, tell me you slept in heat for the remaining "WEEKS, minus 4days"! shocked shocked

You are daft so I'll spell it out for you.
I said almost 4days of "uninterrupted light".
Before d 4days we've been having light but not uninterrupted so I decided to give my Gen a break.

Do you have a problem with that
May be you need to understand what "uninterrupted" mean if you have a dictionary. Or should I suggest one for u Olodo
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by rhymz(m): 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

No, do the maths.

Tariffs:
Germany: 27c/kWh
Nigeria: 8c/kWh

-- However a lot of people use generators...

Honda EC2000 Generator - pretty much the best budget generator in the world.

2000W for 2.8 hours from 3.6 litres of petrol.
that's 5.6kWh from 3.6 litres of petrol
3.6 litres of petrol @ ₦97 = ₦349 = $2.16 = 216c

216/5.6 = 38.6c/kWh

That's 42% more per kWh than Germany (plus the price of the generator, plus collecting petrol, plus maintenance and repair) - for one of the more efficient generators available.

People should stop defending Nigerian politicians and start fighting for a better Nigeria.

[u]Sources:[/u]__________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_pricing#Global_electricity_price_comparison
http://www.justgenerators.co.uk/pages/HondaEC2200.htm
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/new-tariff-fg-abolishes-uniform-pricing-for-electricity/
muhehehe. . The more you try the dumber your attempt, all that mathematical calculations only work in organized billing systems in the europe and Americas not Naija where you are billed on the whims and caprices of NEPA officials which most of the times is not commenurate with the power used or supplied. Why do you think the GEJ administration had to overhaul the tariff system and are now trying to use pre-paid billing system. You should argue less and take your time to understand issues before ranting and comparing non-existent stuff. You don't even live in Nigeria yet you argue blindly with people on ground and paint scenerios that are do not exist in Nigeria. We will start talking about power used per hour when there is a level of power stability but currently NEPA officials barely use the readings in your metre to bill you. Like I said, an average Nigerian does not pay anything close to what an average German pays for electricity, so stop the rants and be reasonable.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by KiKatanga: 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
rhymz: muhehehe. . The more you try the dumber your attempt, all that mathematical calculations only work in organized billing systems in the europe and Americas not Naija where you are billed on the whims and caprices of NEPA officials which most of the times is not commenurate with the power used or supplied. Why do you think the GEJ administration had to overhaul the tariff system and are now trying to use pre-paid billing system. You should argue less and take your time to understand issues before ranting and comparing non-existent stuff. You don't even live in Nigeria yet you argue blindly with people on ground and paint scenerios that are do not exist in Nigeria. We will start talking about power used per hour when there is a level of power stability but currently NEPA officials barely use the readings in your metre to bill you. Like I said, an average Nigerian does not pay anything close to what an average German pays for electricity, so stop the rants and be reasonable.

The NEPA rate is far below the German rate, but any Nigerian paying for a generator is paying more than a German pays for mains electricity. The difference is that in Germany, they are running their fridge, their freezer, the washing machine, their tumble dryer, their computer, their TV, their lights, their hoovers, their broadband, their cooker, their oven, their microwave, their blender, their shower, their stereo, their air conditioning and some, even their cars off of it.

In Europe we pay very little per unit of energy, we just use a hell of a lot of it.

In Nigeria -- you pay more than most Europeans per unit energy, but you can't afford to use it for anything but the bare essentials.

The reason I talk about power per hour is that power per hour is energy.

In Europe we have monthly energy bills that would make you weep. But you pay more to turn on a light in Nigeria than in Germany.

Oh and I've been on the ground and have family in Germany, Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Jamaica and the UK so I'm pretty well placed to compare them.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by mikkymi1(m): 1:40pm On Aug 10, 2012
o boy!!!! na im my side never get light. even if they go bring am e go be one day in and one day out. make those our NEPA people respect themselves o.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2012
mikky.mi:
o boy!!!! na im my side never get light. even if they go bring am e go be one day in and one day out. make those our NEPA people respect themselves o.
You sure say you dey live for Nigeria so? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by rhymz(m): 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

Any Nigerian paying for a generator is paying more than a German pays for mains electricity. The difference is that in Germany, they are running their fridge, their freezer, the washing machine, their tumble dryer, their computer, their TV, their lights, their hoovers, their broadband, their cooker, their oven, their microwave, their blender, their shower, their stereo, their air conditioning and some, even their cars off of it.

In Europe we pay very little per unit of energy, we just use a hell of a lot of it.

In Nigeria -- you pay more than most Europeans per unit energy, but you can't afford to use it for anything but the bare essentials.

The reason I talk about power per hour is that power per hour is energy.

Oh and I've been on the ground and have family in Germany, Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Jamaica and the UK so I'm pretty well placed to compare them.
hahahaha. . . You just want to argue for the heck of it, I bet you have been infected by the kobo syndrom. You are a bonafide lier, you even contradicted your own argument by listing all those appliances, most of which Nigerian households do not use. Now tell me how it is possible for a country whose majority households use all those aforementioned appliances to use less energy and spend less energy than an average Nigerian household? Where is the logic in your argument Mr?
How can you say because Nigerian households use generators, they pay more for electricity than their german counterpart, how? To begin with, the premises of your arguments is greatly flawed;
1. Not every household uses a generator set, infact, a majority do not.
2. Even amongst the ones that have generetor sets, again, the majority do not use theirs every time there is power outage, the use is rationed and mostly used at night to power mostly non-heat equipment. So what's point again?
Let me give you a shocker, in Nigeria, many afluent households with equipments and appliences that sap power yet if you compare the bills they pay with some average house holds with just basic equipments and appliances, it is usually not much or almost thesame.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by KiKatanga: 1:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
rhymz: hahahaha. . . You just want to argue for the heck of it, I bet you have been infected by the kobo syndrom. You are a bonafide lier, you even contradicted your own argument by listing all those appliances, most of which Nigerian households do not use. Now tell me how it is possible for a country whose majority households use all those aforementioned appliances to use less energy and spend less energy than an average Nigerian household? Where is the logic in your argument Mr?
How can you say because Nigerian households use generators, they pay more for electricity than their german counterpart, how? To begin with, the premises of your arguments is greatly flawed;
1. Not every household uses a generator set, infact, a majority do not.
2. Even amongst the ones that have generetor sets, again, the majority do not use theirs every time there is power outage, the use is rationed and mostly used at night to power mostly non-heat equipment. So what's point again?
Let me give you a shocker, in Nigeria, many afluent households with equipments and appliences that sap power yet if you compare the bills they pay with some average house holds with just basic equipments and appliances, it is usually not much or almost thesame.

You're struggling to understand. I get it.

We have much bigger bills.

But the poorest Nigerians pay more per unit energy.

As I said, it costs more to turn on a light bulb in Nigeria than Germany.

My monthly electricity bill is around ₦15,000, but pretty much everything in my life is electric. Overnight, we pay 15c/kWh.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2012
[size=13pt]Calling @Kobojunkie a liar without showing exactly what Lie @Kobojunkie has told only reveals you the LIAR.

Not a single person on this thread or any has been able to show anyone to lie but have felt that by calling me a liar, something in that automagically something becomes true. A very puerile mentality but one that is typical among many of the Nigerian sycophants/mor0ns who log on to this forum. These puerile attempts only further embolden, me and assure me that I am hitting some of the right nerves.
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Pictured With Tony Blair Today In Abuja / Lagos To Conclude 4th Mainland Bridge Financial Foreclosure Next Year / "It Took Us 10 Days To Count N1.2bn Money Dasuki Gave Fayose" - Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.