Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,495 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session (30105 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 11:54am On Aug 17, 2012
Bolster: MSc Finance and Accounting The University of Sheffield

@bolster: u gotten your visa? 'm also headed to university of Sheffield for MBA. When do you intend travelling?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by MeNutty(f): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2012
Thanks y'all for d response. I just wanted to be sure
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2012
MeNutty: My school is in Birmingham, buh am booking an iberia flight to London, got an info from a friend dat d immigration officers at Heathrow may raise issues with me for coming thru London when my school is in Birmingham, pls how true is dis?
Nt true bro.
I also booked an Iberia flight to London on the British Airways website(the 2 airlines have this merger thingy goin on, I think)transiting via Madrid. When is your flight?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by ikcbn(m): 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2012
Bolster: MSc Finance and Accounting The University of Sheffield

MSc(Eng) Environmental and Energy Engineering; The university of Sheffield. Hw do we get in touch bro?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Bolster(m): 2:12pm On Aug 18, 2012
Dharkchild:

@bolster: u gotten your visa? 'm also headed to university of Sheffield for MBA. When do you intend travelling?

No I've not but hoping to get it soon. I'm thinking of 16th or 17th for travelling.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Bolster(m): 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2012
ikcbn:

MSc(Eng) Environmental and Energy Engineering; The university of Sheffield. Hw do we get in touch bro?

I'm glad to see I'm never gonna be alone in Sheffield. I'm still awaiting my visa though. When you plan traveling?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2012
@ALL
About KLM? Its the timing, I get emails when their tickets are cheaper so as the time I sent it cheap tickts were on sale

Immigration questions? I think its just the general ones. How far they drill you depends on the airport used. I came through LCY and to be honest I was more concerned about them checking my bags for food than any questions jare. But the immigration official was nice and a rookie, soooo glad I didnt get the jamo lady (on my previous holiday trips, she fit ask question die haba0
@ikbcn
Wow , we would have been in the same class ENv&Energy engineering Univ of Sheffield! but i changed school

Na enjoyment I dey now cos school does start till Oct and I've done online registration already

Safe trip to everyone
@donxavier
When is this your visa coming out sef? Your send off for NL go heavy! lol
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
salsera: @ALL
About KLM? Its the timing, I get emails when their tickets are cheaper so as the time I sent it cheap tickts were on sale

When next you get the mail, pls let us know. Thanks
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2012
Bolster:

No I've not but hoping to get it soon. I'm thinking of 16th or 17th for travelling.

Aiight bro. I would travel between 10th and 17th. Once I make up my mind, I would keep u guys posted. Hope to see you there. Cheers
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Macheus(m): 8:13pm On Aug 18, 2012
Fortunately we going for the same course @Bolster and Dharkchild, but I would want to know which state in England is your Universities is located,mine is London School of Business and Finance,Manchester campus presicely. Hopefully we'll be usefull to each other someday.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2012
Macheus: Fortunately we going for the same course @Bolster and Dharkchild, but I would want to know which state in England is your Universities is located,mine is London School of Business and Finance,Manchester campus presicely. Hopefully we'll be usefull to each other someday.

University is in Sheffield, its 45 mins from Manchester. Yeah, good to meet like minds, we might must end up hooking up sometimes
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Bolster(m): 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2012
Macheus: Fortunately we going for the same course @Bolster and Dharkchild, but I would want to know which state in England is your Universities is located,mine is London School of Business and Finance,Manchester campus presicely. Hopefully we'll be usefull to each other someday.

Just as Dharkchild said the university is in Sheffield but it will be great to connect when we get there I'm sure we'll all be of help to each other
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Bolster(m): 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2012
Dharkchild:

Aiight bro. I would travel between 10th and 17th. Once I make up my mind, I would keep u guys posted. Hope to see you there. Cheers

Ok bro I hope to see you there too. Once I get hold of my visa I'll get in touch with you. Take care.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by adebee16: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2012
University of Greenwich,MSc Food Safety and Quality Management.still waiting 4 Visa grin
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by ikcbn(m): 11:06pm On Aug 19, 2012
salsera: @ALL

Immigration questions? I think its just the general ones. How far they drill you depends on the airport used. I came through LCY and to be honest I was more concerned about them checking my bags for food than any questions jare. But the immigration official was nice and a rookie, soooo glad I didnt get the jamo lady (on my previous holiday trips, she fit ask question die haba0
@ikbcn
Wow , we would have been in the same class ENv&Energy engineering Univ of Sheffield! but i changed school

Na enjoyment I dey now cos school does start till Oct and I've done online registration already

Safe trip to everyone
@donxavier
When is this your visa coming out sef? Your send off for NL go heavy! lol

Wow!!! ϑaτ̅ would have bin lovely, would have had some1 2 watch my back in class.
Anyways,hope U̶̲̥̅̊ re gud were U̶̲̥̅̊ re and which sch did U̶̲̥̅̊ change to??
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 20, 2012
salsera:
@donxavier
When is this your visa coming out sef?u Your send off for NL go heavy! lol

gringringrin
It's 1st week in Sept my sister. Na to dey gbaladun remain for you now, you are so on point.
You still didnt get back to me, you sha want me to discuss it here. it's about the internship and job stuff,purely for networking purposes nothing else. I liked your responses on elle's thread but you were inconclusive there too.
I hope this is enough convincing for you to PM megrin
Thanks
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
Donxavier:
gringringrin
It's 1st week in Sept my sister. Na to dey gbaladun remain for you now, you are so on point.
You still didnt get back to me, you sha want me to discuss it here. it's about the internship and job stuff,purely for networking purposes nothing else. I liked your responses on elle's thread but you were inconclusive there too.
I hope this is enough convincing for you to PM megrin
Thanks
You two better know I followed your conversation on that thread re: internship and all and I have registered with them 'Careers' people at my school. Please let's know the goings-on. Thanks!
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by EmmaIK: 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2012
Hi all.
Anyone going to any uni in Edinburgh? Naiper, Uni of Edinburgh etc.
Tanx.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 21, 2012
kunlewoye:
You two better know I followed your conversation on that thread re: internship and all and I have registered with them 'Careers' people at my school. Please let's know the goings-on. Thanks!
No wahala my bro.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2012
Pls someone should direct me to the intern and career thread. Don, Kunle, Salsera, anybody... Thanks in advance wink
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dharkchild: Pls someone should direct me to the intern and career thread. Don, Kunle, Salsera, anybody... Thanks in advance wink

There is no intern and career thread. But that discussion came up on Elle's Want Uk Accommodation Thread. Just check the Travel section for it.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
Donxavier:

There is no intern and career thread. But that discussion came up on Elle's Want Uk Accommodation Thread. Just check the Travel section for it.

Ooh thanks ve seen it. Even following it sef, I thought there was another thread dedicated for it.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by holloziggi: 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
kunlewoye:
hey kunlewoye bin trying 2send u a pm but I cnt,dey said u wd v 2reach me,cd u pm me ur email or smtin I cn use 2reach u..tnx
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
holloziggi: hey kunlewoye bin trying 2send u a pm but I cnt,dey said u wd v 2reach me,cd u pm me ur email or smtin I cn use 2reach u..tnx

I just PM'd u!
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by holloziggi: 7:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
Pls hw do I reply 2a pm,nt sort of used to nairaland
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
Hi all, those that have travelled our are planning to travel, I need a little help.

I am just beginning to make my travel arrangements. I always like travelling light, and wouldn't mind doing my shopping in the UK.

I see most people always travel with two big boxes, but I doubt if all my luggage would fill a box. What are the major things I need to take along asides laptop and cloths.

Also what can I get chapter in Nigeria than in the UK, someone advices me to get my Jeans here as they are more expensive in the UK.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Ijeawele(m): 12:55am On Aug 22, 2012
EmmaIK: Hi all.
Anyone going to any uni in Edinburgh? Naiper, Uni of Edinburgh etc.
Tanx.
My bro is going to Edinburgh Napier University. Msc Marketing.. So which varsity in Edinburgh are you going and which course?..
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by saintkola(m): 8:26am On Aug 22, 2012
Dharkchild: Hi all, those that have travelled our are planning to travel, I need a little help.

I am just beginning to make my travel arrangements. I always like travelling light, and wouldn't mind doing my shopping in the UK.

I see most people always travel with two big boxes, but I doubt if all my luggage would fill a box. What are the major things I need to take along asides laptop and cloths.

Also what can I get chapter in Nigeria than in the UK, someone advices me to get my Jeans here as they are more expensive in the UK.

Clothes are the cheapest thing you can buy here and they are of much better quality than what is obtainable in naija.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 8:38am On Aug 22, 2012
saintkola:

Clothes are the cheapest thing you can buy here and they are of much better quality than what is obtainable in naija.

Thanks
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
for those who will be schooling in salford, you can check this site out. Www.salfordstudenthomes.co.uk
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
honey86: for those who will be schooling in salford, you can check this site out. Www.salfordstudenthomes.co.uk
Sad I already booked school accommodation. It's all good
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
@darkchild
food - little things like plantain chips,indomie noodles Lol
I for instance I am lactose intolerant so I packed plenty Peak milk powder cos thats what works for me

And though you can always buy clothes here there is no point wasting money on staples like jeans

Dont stress over it jare - keep it light, you can find almost everything in the UK apart from good suya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Ikot Oku Flyover, Abak, Akwa Ibom In Pictures / Bike Rider Crushed To Death Along Benin-okene Road (Graphic Photos) / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.