Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,660 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session (30107 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by adebee16: 6:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
@checkyink. Wen do u wanna move and r u doing skol accom or private.I'm going d private way.v nt made up my mind about wen n leaving but def nxt week
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by checkyink(m): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2012
adebee16: @checkyink. Wen do u wanna move and r u doing skol accom or private.I'm going d private way.v nt made up my mind about wen n leaving but def nxt week

I wud be leaving on the 11th, booked arik already, wud go private too, did u finish frm ife(OAU) ?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by checkyink(m): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2012
@adebee our campus is at medway, trying to contact a friend there for direction assistance
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
salsera: @Dharkchild
Its national insurance number
You need to give it to your employer so that your salary can be deducted for tax etc

You need it to work
Don't know any links unless you google, and I'm using my mobile now

My school sent me the document on it which had their number and address
The phone call is about 50p per minute though and you'll need an address for them to post the forms

@justwise
You're a lifesaver will try gumtree. Was flathunting physically today and agents fees almost spoil my mood. All my internet runs on rightmove and findaproperty and even agents sites no talk about any fees oh.
Rubbish - one even charge 450pounds for flat of 595pounds!!
Tempted to do facemeifaceyou (aka flatshare) Kai - no like dat thing ehn. Orisirisi co-tenant

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Donxavier:

I learnt you can work without the NI. That you I'll be taxed with any emergency tax band until your NI is ready. How true is this?

I assume Gumtree and Roomates should apply to aberdeen and environs too right?

Is a way to counter the scamming physically checking out the accommodation and paying in cash.

But why should one try to work without the NI if the process of getting the NI is short
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by adebee16: 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2012
checkyink:

I wud be leaving on the 11th, booked arik already, wud go private too, did u finish frm ife(OAU) ?

Wow!Yes I did.u? grin
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by adebee16: 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
checkyink: @adebee our campus is at medway, trying to contact a friend there for direction assistance

Yes it is.dat'll be great.cuz v nt rily mapped out d direction ish
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
Dharkchild:

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

But why should one try to work without the NI if the process of getting the NI is short

No time to wastegringringrin
If it will take a month, it means a month wasted doing nothing. If the emergency tax band is true, it means you can begin work immediately. No time to laze about until you get the NI.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by ikcbn(m): 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
Donxavier:

No time to wastegringringrin
If it will take a month, it means a month wasted doing nothing. If the emergency tax band is true, it means you can begin work immediately. No time to laze about until you get the NI.

Plz guys, can someone apply for NI here frm Naija prior to his/her resumption so as 2 cut d̶̲̥̅̊ 2-3weeks delay and probably get d̶̲̥̅̊ NI jst as he i§ arriving UK and den get started wit d̶̲̥̅̊ hustling smiley
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by checkyink(m): 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
adebee16:

Wow!Yes I did.u? grin

I finished from ife too, what deppartment did u finish from?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by checkyink(m): 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
adebee16:

Yes it is.dat'll be great.cuz v nt rily mapped out d direction ish

Do u knw towo ige? What department did u finish from ?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by adebee16: 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
checkyink:

Do u knw towo ige? What department did u finish from ?

Wow!ofcourse.was juz talking to him.abeg let's take ds discussion off nairaland.watz ur email addy?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by checkyink(m): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
adebee16:

Wow!ofcourse.was juz talking to him.abeg let's take ds discussion off nairaland.watz ur email addy?

Checkyinka2010@yahoo.com
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
ikcbn:

Plz guys, can someone apply for NI here frm Naija prior to his/her resumption so as 2 cut d̶̲̥̅̊ 2-3weeks delay and probably get d̶̲̥̅̊ NI jst as he i§ arriving UK and den get started wit d̶̲̥̅̊ hustling smiley

Pray that u don't get deported from healthrow airport
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by ikcbn(m): 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2012
justwise:

Pray that u don't get deported from healthrow airport

Loo grin grin grin was jst trying 2 b a typical Naija guy, sharp sharp sth no time 4 dulling....everybody in a rush RED EYE!! RED EYE!!!
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 8:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
ikcbn:

Loo grin grin grin was jst trying 2 b a typical Naija guy, sharp sharp sth no time 4 dulling....everybody in a rush RED EYE!! RED EYE!!!

Hmmmmmm....God help, i really mean it.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nemsy(f): 10:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
Glasgow caledonian university,still waiting for my visa though.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Atlantis85(f): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
Donxavier:

Thanks very much. More questions

How much will phone bills eat into my budget?. I have a gfgrin I call every now and then. All these special friends calling that glo and mtn offer has made us talk every often.
How can I continue that from the uk? What network is the cheapest for international calls. How much can I budget if I intend to call like 4 times in a week for some minutes.

I'd recommend Lyca, Lebara or Vectone. The rates are about 8p/min or 1p/min. Can't remember now.

You could take have 2 fones. One for your blackberry and the other for calling int'l (I.e for ur lyca or lebara or vectone- whichever one you choose)
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Kayor500(f): 11:02pm On Sep 06, 2012
[quote author=checkyink]
pls guys hep me with hw you did it. Am a final year student in a nigerian university bt wish to study abroad 4 my master with scholarship. Help me pls
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Atlantis85(f): 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2012
Brunel University. MSc International Business. Awaiting visa. Haven't read about anybody else apart from @Chukyrooy o.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by chukyrooy(m): 2:23am On Sep 07, 2012
Atlantis85: Brunel University. MSc International Business. Awaiting visa. Haven't read about anybody else apart from @Chukyrooy o.

What are your plans for accommodation?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 9:15am On Sep 07, 2012
So I leave tonight....goodluck to everyone coming. Anything else I should be wary of? I'll transit in Madrid.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2012
kunlewoye: So I leave tonight....goodluck to everyone coming. Anything else I should be wary of? I'll transit in Madrid.

Safe trip bro. All the best
Be weary of C.Ronaldo, he might soon leave Madrid. Lol

1 Like

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 07, 2012
@Donxavier
SMH

Jobs are not straightforward to get - the time you spend looking for work and accomodation and registring in school, within that period it will be ready.

@ikcbn
That's the least of your issues
Don't give them reeasons to 'deport' you.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 07, 2012
salsera: @Donxavier
SMH

Jobs are not straightforward to get - the time you spend looking for work and accomodation and registring in school, within that period it will be ready.

I hear you.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Atlantis85(f): 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2012
chukyrooy:

What are your plans for accommodation?

I've got accomodation in Slough already. You?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 2:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
Dharkchild:

Safe trip bro. All the best
Be weary of C.Ronaldo, he might soon leave Madrid. Lol
So I am here and it's a nice feeling! It was all hassle free.... it's quite easy when you transit. Tthe UKBA guy that questioned me was a Nigerian and he was quite friendly. He even questioned me in Yoruba!! I went to him coz I saw he was black. Word is they get strict with student on direct flights from Nigeria. I was surprised too until someone told me it's like that with flights from Europe. I may be wrong, though. Cheers...
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
kunlewoye:
So I am here and it's a nice feeling! It was all hassle free.... it's quite easy when you transit. Tthe UKBA guy that questioned me was a Nigerian and he was quite friendly. He even questioned me in Yoruba!! I went to him coz I saw he was black. Word is they get strict with student on direct flights from Nigeria. I was surprised too until someone told me it's like that with flights from Europe. I may be wrong, though. Cheers...

Kini won bere lowo re gangan?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2012
Donxavier:

Kini won bere lowo re gangan?
Lol. He got my finger prints, checked my CAS letter.... asked a few questions about why I'm doing the course, and the address of the school, and if I was doing it because I knew one "minister" promising me a job after.. Then he went "abi o ro boya mi o mo ni?" shocked...then he helped with filling the landing card and directed me to get my luggage....phewwww
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by chukyrooy(m): 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
Atlantis85:

I've got accomodation in Slough already. You?

Sorry 4 d late reply dear ma network has been messed up... I ve nt made any accomodation plans yet. When I get there I'll. Hope U've booked ur place for Orientation.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 09, 2012
kunlewoye:
Did u take foodstuffs with u?, and how was the iberia flight.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2012
Atlantis85:

I'd recommend Lyca, Lebara or Vectone. The rates are about 8p/min or 1p/min. Can't remember now.

You could take have 2 fones. One for your blackberry and the other for calling int'l (I.e for ur lyca or lebara or vectone- whichever one you choose)

The p qouted is what? Is it pounds or pence?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by ogheneyoma: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2012
University of leeds...anybody? how come I can't find anyone going to My skul lipsrsealed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Bike Rider Crushed To Death Along Benin-okene Road (Graphic Photos) / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) / It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.