Stats: 3,152,040 members, 7,814,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! (9670 Views)

Ex-egyptian President, Morsi Jailed 20 Years / Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi / U.S. Offers Egypt Budget Aid After Mursi Assurance On Economic Reforms (2) (3) (4)

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Hoii(m): 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
Waitin to see d military's reaction to dis... There's fire on d mountain
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Shaw007(m): 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

War is not as easy as you think, we are not talking about weapons now,
Are you aware the same America that is arming Israel with advanced weapons is also arming Egypt?
Sane Governments do their best to support neighbors that will be friendly to them and go out of their ways to undermine those who won't.
If Morsi have his way, Israel will become a giant Bull's eye pinned to the wall.
to those who do not know

1967,june 5-june 10:six-day war between isreal,Egypt,syria,jordan,lebanon,and iraq;isreal quickly overruns enemies,winning the sinai pennisula,the old city of jerusalem,the west bank of the jordan rver,and the golan height

take note;that was[b]isreal against 5 countries[/b] now u might want to say those countries are notn compared 2 america but with their combined effort they still lost... DO NOT underestimate the power of isreal,do not 4get, God is still behind them

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

Where did you get your information from?
Don't ever say again what you don't know, capisce?
"Israel is the largest total recipient of direct economic and military assistance from the United States since World War II, and it was the largest annual recipient from 1976 to 2003. Since the Iraq War began in 2003"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%E2%80%93United_States_military_relations

Excut Captain.

The Saga has just begun......
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Tayo114: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
Rex123:

If I recall correctly Lebanon suffered as a result of †ђξ war. Their economic activities were crippled. I can't recall Israel suffering defeat. Correct me if A̶̲̥̅♏ wrong.
just go back and read the full story of that war u'll knw who sufferd. since u can't recollect
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

Yes, as at now, no country in the middle easst can stand the firepower of Israel (I'm not even talking about their Nuclear Weapons)
Egypt and Turkey too have nuclear weapons that US dash them

"Israel is the largest total recipient of direct economic and military assistance from the United States since World War II, and it was the largest annual recipient from 1976 to 2003. During the Obama administration these relations reached new levels, with the two countries prepared to function in wartime as joint task forces."

SMH. And you know that USA "dashed" Egypt nuclear weapons how? Better you take your own advice.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Shaw007(m): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
Hmm. . .i'm lOOking at world war3 here. . .if egypt decides 2 go 2 war with isreal,they will pull in a lot of allies especialy the islamic countries,most especially iran. . .isreal will surely follow suit. . .correct me if i'm wrong this is sort of how d previous world war started right?? Especially WW1. . .mursi might just av made the silliest mistake of his entire life. . .if that field marshal resigns He will pull 1/3 of the army with him
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
The Islamist killed Egyptian security forces at Mount Sinai ; border with Israel.

Tantawi responded by cracking down hard on them.

The Islamists were infuriated. This struk the final chord.

Heads have begun to roll. This is really getting interesting Masr.

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by ebamma(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

Yes, as at now, no country in the middle easst can stand the firepower of Israel (I'm not even talking about their Nuclear Weapons)
Egypt and Turkey too have nuclear weapons that US dash them

"Israel is the largest total recipient of direct economic and military assistance from the United States since World War II, and it was the largest annual recipient from 1976 to 2003. During the Obama administration these relations reached new levels, with the two countries prepared to function in wartime as joint task forces."

israel has been manufacturing it own weapons since 1933 please check the link belowen.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Military_Industries
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
Personally,israel has always been an endangered specie,being in the midst of enemies.What i know is US is either trying to forge a bond with morsi or empower egypt military all aimed at protecting Israel.On the other hand is Iran Nuclear weapon faced with calculated assasination of iran's nuclear scientists,cyber attack,sanctions from U.S,europe and arab league.Syria is another issue here with the region becoming a platform for power tussle between US and china/russia union.What i'm saying is Israel is always gona be on their toes.However,i dont believe morsi wil want to be US boy and being an islamist party,he wil have an unrepentant hatred for israel.Lets watch as events unfold. God help us these UN Security nations dont let hell on earth for power tussle

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by na2day(m): 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

SMH. And you know that USA "dashed" Egypt nuclear weapons how? Better you take your own advice.

I mean Turkey!
I've corrected my post
For more than 40 years, Turkey has been a quiet custodian of U.S. tactical nuclear weapons.
http://thebulletin.org/web-edition/features/the-status-of-us-nuclear-weapons-turkey
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by na2day(m): 6:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
ebamma: israel has been manufacturing it own weapons since 1933 please check the link belowen.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Military_Industries

No doubt!
They do alittle bit of weapon cooking too,
But your post said Israel don't buy weapons from the Americans.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Shaw007(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
Buh wertin dey worry dese islamic ppl sef. . .all dese 4 fresh virgins!! It is wah o!!
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2012
Obama and all those "think thanks" in his backyards are clowns.

In Cairo he said, "Middle East deserve democracy". Who told him that "democracy" is enshrined in their culture or perhaps religion ?

They thought they knew that region. They are very clueless.

Mubarak warned these clowns by saying they should forget about "Democracy" in the middle east.

At the end of the day, the western powers will lose. Israel will reach a compromise with the Islamist in the region; after all they are cousins.

The Israelites will welcome this, thereby turning their backs on the West. This will infuriate the west, cementing a ground for another longterm hatred and perhaps war. No wonder them jewish guys are relocating their businesses from the western world to Asia and relocating back home.

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

I mean Turkey!
I've corrected my post

http://thebulletin.org/web-edition/features/the-status-of-us-nuclear-weapons-turkey

Even that is false. Read your own link... those weapons are US nuclear weapons stored on Turkish soil since Turkey is a NATO ally. Dont say what you dont know next time.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by ACM10: 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
This is an interesting development. I will be surprised if field marshal Tantawi folds his hand and accept such move. The president has no legal authority to make such delaration. But if he succeeds, he would stamp the authority of the islamists and the overwhelming powers of the military would be curtailed. I know that field marshal Tantawi will be contemplating coup at this point in time. He may probably be in consultation with the intelligence services of the major world powers confiding in them his plan to take over government. I forsee a Parkistan-style coup in the making.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Shaw007(m): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olodostein: Obama and all those "think thanks" in his backyards are clowns.

In Cairo he said, "Middle East deserve democracy". Who told him that "democracy" is enshrined in their culture or perhaps religion ?

They thought they knew that region. They are very clueless.

Mubarak warned these clowns by saying they should forget about "Democracy" in the middle east.

At the end of the day, the western powers will lose. Israel will reach a compromise with the Islamist in the region; after all they are cousins.

The Israelites will welcome this, thereby turning their backs on the West. This will infuriate the west, cementing a ground for another longterm hatred and perhaps war. No wonder them jewish guys are relocating their businesses from the western world to Asia and relocating back home.
thank you jare. . .bottom line,UN vexes,tries 2 negotiate,middle east rejects,WAR
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by mu2sa2: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
ebamma: in 1948 iraq,jordan,syria and egypt fought against israel and lost,israel doesn't buy any weapons from usa,the manufacture their own weapons,the egyptians can never declare war on israel because the know the will lose.
I don't think Egypt wants war with Israel. But time was when Israeli Army was considered invincible: the Hezbollah defeated them in Lebanon; Syria has announced that it has stockpiles of deadly chemical weapons, which they will jolly well use against Israel & mark u there can be no winner in a massive chemical war fare today; Iran's military capability is scaring everybody. So long for Israel being invincible.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2012
mu2sa2: I don't think Egypt wants war with Israel. But time was when Israeli Army was considered invincible: the Hezbollah defeated them in Lebanon; Syria has announced that it has stockpiles of deadly chemical weapons, which they will jolly well use against Israel & mark u there can be no winner in a massive chemical war fare today; Iran's military capability is scaring everybody. So long for Israel being invincible.

I laugh in chinese. Muslims and their confused state of mind.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by na2day(m): 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

Even that is false. Read your own link... those weapons are US nuclear weapons stored on Turkish soil since Turkey is a NATO ally. Dont say what you dont know next time.

I believe you can read English,
Fifty of these bombs are reportedly PDF assigned for delivery by U.S. pilots, and forty are assigned for delivery by the [size=14pt]Turkish Air Force[/size].
Then there is the issue of Tehran's nuclear program, which seriously complicates any discussion of the United States removing its tactical nuclear weapons from Turkey. An Iranian nuclear capability could spark an arms race in the Middle East and bring about a "proliferation cascade," which could cause Turkey to reconsider its nuclear options--especially if the United States pulls its nuclear weapons from Incirlik. When asked directly about its response to an Iranian nuclear weapon, a high-ranking [size=14pt]Foreign Ministry official said that Turkey would immediately arm itself with a bomb[/size]. This isn't Ankara's official policy, but it seems to indicate a general feeling among its leaders. Whether Turkey is primarily concerned about security or prestige, the bottom line is that it would not sit idly by as Iran established a regional hegemony.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by ACM10: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:
Israel will be very very uncomfortable now! grin

Yes, will u be comfortable if the ultra-conservative islamists assumes absolute power in your backyard? undecided
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

I believe you can read English,

I[i]di[/i]ot. Read your own quote.

Fifty of these bombs are reportedly PDF assigned for delivery by U.S. pilots, and forty are assigned for delivery by the Turkish Air Force.
Then there is the issue of Tehran's nuclear program, [size=14pt]which seriously complicates any discussion of the United States removing its tactical nuclear weapons from Turkey[/size]. An Iranian nuclear capability could spark an arms race in the Middle East and bring about a "proliferation cascade," which could cause Turkey to reconsider its nuclear options--[size=14pt]especially if the United States pulls its nuclear weapons from Incirlik.[/size] When asked directly about its response to an Iranian nuclear weapon, a high-ranking Foreign Ministry official said that Turkey would immediately arm itself with a bomb. This isn't Ankara's official policy, but it seems to indicate a general feeling among its leaders. Whether Turkey is primarily concerned about security or prestige, the bottom line is that it would not sit idly by as Iran established a regional hegemony.

Those weapons are US weapons and can be withdrawn unilaterally by the US government... turkey is only authorized to use them under US/NATO command. turkey is contemplating building its own nuclear bomb ONLY IF Iran succeeds in getting a weapon which is why the US military has refused to remove its nuclear bombs from turkish soil.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
Shaw007: thank you jare. . .bottom line,UN vexes,tries 2 negotiate,middle east rejects,WAR

At one time during my career, i stayed in cairo. Any news from that region interest me.

You see, A westerner is the Most clueless when it comes to the middle east and how the typical Arab mind works.

An Arab never believes that anyone including the Israelites can defeat them. No matter how much you humilate them, they will keep coming, hoping that one day they will defeat you.

Tantawi is sacked. Nothing will happen besides he is just another Nubian to them. Ordinary Egyptians are solidly behind the Islamists.

The Jews and the Arabs understands themselves better than anyone else and will sort themselves out.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by ACM10: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
Lordave: When are we going to have our own field marshal?

I wonder how we managed to have general. How can we have field marshal when none of our military has men distinguished themselves in the battlefield. Tantawi is a veteran of Israeli-Egyptian war. What we have are ill-disciplined soldiers who show their bullying prowess on the innocent civilian. If you send them to peace-keeping mission, they will engage in rap!ng of local women. Some of them will even come back with drug-resistant form of HIV. How can u award such men field marshal? undecided
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by profola2be(m): 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

War is not as easy as you think, we are not talking about weapons now,
Are you aware the same America that is arming Israel with advanced weapons is also arming Egypt?
Sane Governments do their best to support neighbors that will be friendly to them and go out of their ways to undermine those who won't.
If Morsi have his way, Israel will become a giant Bull's eye pinned to the wall.

my brother,you got it wrong.
Israel hasnt been armed by USA.
may i also inform you that,Israel doesnt need the backing of USA to win its war against any country,even USA itself.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by HiiiPower(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olodostein: The Islamist killed Egyptian security forces at Mount Sinai ; border with Israel.

Tantawi responded by cracking down hard on them.

The Islamists were infuriated. This struk the final chord.

Heads have begun to roll. This is really getting interesting Masr.

Change Islamists to MOSSAD.
And both Muslim Brotherhood works for both
CIA and MI6, hence, why they can use them
for regime change in Libya, and now in Syria.

Much ado about nothing, nothing is going to change the old brigade,
this is another kool aid for the masses. Washington and London
have Muslim Brotherhood in their pockets.
The road leads to Tehran.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by profola2be(m): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
Rex123:

If I recall correctly Lebanon suffered as a result of †ђξ war. Their economic activities were crippled. I can't recall Israel suffering defeat. Correct me if A̶̲̥̅♏ wrong.
my brother,you are too right to be wrong.
the guy no sabi history.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by ACM10: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
Danka7777:

Nigerians won't grasp what you talking about. You are very enlightened and understand global politics. A lot of us didn't even know who kept Mubarak in power for all those years. No Dictator stays in power that long without the support of some powerful nations. I can assure you if Abacha had been cooperative with western nations; let them have their way with our resources, he would have been in power till today.

Bros, pls don't insult us. We have many Nigerians that follows global events and politics. Don't think that you have exclusive knowledge of global politics
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by na2day(m): 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

I[i]di[/i]ot. Read your own quote.

Fifty of these bombs are reportedly PDF assigned for delivery by U.S. pilots, and forty are assigned for delivery by the Turkish Air Force.
Then there is the issue of Tehran's nuclear program, [size=14pt]which seriously complicates any discussion of the United States removing its tactical nuclear weapons from Turkey[/size]. An Iranian nuclear capability could spark an arms race in the Middle East and bring about a "proliferation cascade," which could cause Turkey to reconsider its nuclear options--[size=14pt]especially if the United States pulls its nuclear weapons from Incirlik.[/size] When asked directly about its response to an Iranian nuclear weapon, a high-ranking Foreign Ministry official said that Turkey would immediately arm itself with a bomb. This isn't Ankara's official policy, but it seems to indicate a general feeling among its leaders. Whether Turkey is primarily concerned about security or prestige, the bottom line is that it would not sit idly by as Iran established a regional hegemony.

Those weapons are US weapons and can be withdrawn unilaterally by the US government... turkey is only authorized to use them under US/NATO command. turkey is contemplating building its own nuclear bomb ONLY IF Iran succeeds in getting a weapon which is why the US military has refused to remove its nuclear bombs from turkish soil.
Mumu! you don dey gradually derail this thread o!
According to the article, Turkey is vehemently against its removal and consider it part of her own security and that's why its still there till now and NATO had to oblige, is that not dash?
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Rex123(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
maryjames9: Personally,israel has always been an endangered specie,being in the midst of enemies.What i know is US is either trying to forge a bond with morsi or empower egypt military all aimed at protecting Israel.On the other hand is Iran Nuclear weapon faced with calculated assasination of iran's nuclear scientists,cyber attack,sanctions from U.S,europe and arab league.Syria is another issue here with the region becoming a platform for power tussle between US and china/russia union.What i'm saying is Israel is always gona be on their toes.However,i dont believe morsi wil want to be US boy and being an islamist party,he wil have an unrepentant hatred for israel.Lets watch as events unfold. God help us these UN Security nations dont let hell on earth for power tussle

Israel has been assassinating arabs officials that were problems Τ̅☺ them. I stand Τ̅☺ be corrected israel didn't lose the war in 2006 if U̶̲̥̅̊ re proving me wrong I want stats. I don't think any of Israel arab neighbors i̶̲̥̅̊s̤̥̈̊ a problem Τ̅☺ her.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by ACM10: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
ebamma: israel has never and will never be afraid of egypt,the first war egypt fought with israel in 1948,the lost,israel has got more advanced weapons than egypt and in case of a war israel will beat egypt hands down

Israel has everything to be afraid of. War is an expensive business. Nobody wants war. You can't predict the trajectory of the war
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by na2day(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
profola2be:

my brother,you got it wrong.
Israel hasnt been armed by USA.
may i also inform you that,Israel doesnt need the backing of USA to win its war against any country,even USA itself.

Ok o!
Then why is Israel seeking a green light from US to attack Iran nuclear facilities,
So Israel can even defeat US?
Ok O! grin
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
HiiiPower:

Change Islamists to MOSSAD.
And both Muslim Brotherhood works for both
CIA and MI6, hence, why they can use them
for regime change in Libya, and now in Syria.

Much ado about nothing, nothing is going to change the old brigade,
this is another kool aid for the masses. Washington and London
have Muslim Brotherhood in their pockets.
The road leads to Tehran.

Nah Nah Nah...... You see, them Islamists are not sellouts. They are not carried away by material things, I trust them on that.

The West have made the biggest blunder in history and it will come back to bite them hard.

Israel will survive this new frontier.

Hitler Said True Jews Were Black / Obama Or Romney- Who Would You Vote For? / Burkina Faso Suspends BBC, Voice Of America For Two Weeks

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62