Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! (9671 Views)

Ex-egyptian President, Morsi Jailed 20 Years / Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi / U.S. Offers Egypt Budget Aid After Mursi Assurance On Economic Reforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by christ4mi(f): 3:27am On Aug 13, 2012
Ozonna: This is not good for Isreal at all. The Military headed by Tantawi are trying to prevent a full blown war between Isreal and Egypt and this will happen immediatelly Mursi led Brotherhood takes full control of the military. Infact, moderate Islamic nations like Saudi,UAE,Qatar,Bahrain, etc will not be happy with this development. They are all scared of radical Islamic groups and thier sponsors thats why they they don't like leaders of Syria and Iran.

This is not good for world peace.
Rubbish, all the self claim moderate Islamic nations are run by non democratic system of government. In any free and fair election in the Middle east Islamist party will always win. Just get over it. Leave them alone and face ur PDP and GEJ foolish Nigerians
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 13, 2012
Maple:

Just like they were "10 steps" ahead of Hezbollah in 2006 you mean?

You show 4 tanks and a few crying soldiers and conclude Israel lost the war to hezbollah? The way muslims think smh
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by na2day(m): 3:38am On Aug 13, 2012
No one is denying the invincibility of Israel in the middle east as at now!
You guys should read my previous post before flaying me!

na2day!:

Yes, as at now, no country in the middle easst can stand the firepower of Israel (I'm not even talking about their Nuclear Weapons)

Of course, Israel is the Big kid with the big stick on the block! grin
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by kobikwelu(m): 3:50am On Aug 13, 2012
Loll...everyone here comming to drag........

firstly, i have said this before ..WIKIPEDIA is not a credible source of information!!! anyone can go there and edit that stuff..even a primary school student...so it can be used as a tool for propaganda!!

The response by Morsi can be said as a move to dispel fears from Egypt's largest aids donor (USA) that he is encouraging terrorists in the sinai region...which is next to Isreal.
I repeat!! Egypt cannot attack Isreal, (not that it can't) but because the US is the largest (military )donor of aid to Egypt and it has an agreement to train their military...so why would MOrsi who just assumed power try and bite the finger that is feeding it..

i bet you the US are using the carrot and stick principle..dangle those juicy dollars and military hardware before Morsi and see him behave..

Now, if Morsi tries to push foward an agenda of trying to start confrontation with Isreal...i bet you his reign would be short...
Also dont forget, the Hawks in the republican party..they might come into power....

Lets see how this movie ends...

1 Like

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 13, 2012
You show 4 tanks and a few crying soldiers and conclude Israel lost the war to hezbollah? The way muslims think smh

Israel's goal for the 2006 war was to completely eradicate Hezbollah, which it never did. Instead, the "invincible and powerful" Israeli Army was forced to flee Southern Lebanon with its tail between its legs by Hezbollah. Now, if thats victory for Israel, I dont know what failure looks like. Today, the Hezzies(Hezbollah) are more stronger, popular and respected today than they have ever been.

In terms of sophistication and advancement in weaponry only a handful of countries can come close to Israel. However, such advantage is not just the name of the game for those who understand the game of warfare. Besides Technological Factor there's also a Human Factor to the game of warfare. While Israel is unsurpassed in terms of technological warfare, its greatest weakness is in its inability to take loses. On the other hand, Israel's weakness is its enemies strength. Self-sacrifice or Martyrdom in battle is one of Hezbollah's main army doctrine and that is not to be underestimated in war. If technology win wars, the US would not be in Afghanistan still fighting the Talibans or would not have left Iraq with its tails between its legs.

Israeli Army gave its enemies a good whooping at the time when its ranks were filled by battled hardened Ashkenazis Jews who were victims of Hitlers brutality and fought in the 2nd world war. Those guys were damn ready to die to have a country of their own. But, that time is long gone, because most of those brave soldiers are either dead or too old now. The Israeli Army of today is filled with Wussies and immigrants who are not ready to sacrifice their lives for their new country; and you cant blame them can you? Israel today is full of immigrants who left their countries in search of better life and most of them would rather choose to go back to where they came from than to die for Israel. Thus, Living off Israel is their goal and not dieing for it. Ofcourse, they show their bravery when fighting stone throwing Palestinians. But when an enemy like Hezbollah comes tapping them on their backs to fight, they flee and cry like babies.

[flash=600,540]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf-Ea2K9KyU[/flash]
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by manny4life(m): 6:14am On Aug 13, 2012
Maple:

Israel's goal for that war was to completely eradicate Hezbollah, which it never did. Instead, the "invincible and powerful" Israeli Army was forced to flee Southern Lebanon with its tail between its legs by Hezbollah. Now, if thats victory for Israel, I dont know what failure looks like. Today, the Hezzies(Hezbollah) are more stronger, popular and respected today than they have ever been.

[flash=600,540]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf-Ea2K9KyU[/flash]

Forced to flee? WOW, the way you Muslim propagate your lies is just awesome. What started the war was simply Hezbollah group firing into Israel, (READ THE ACCOUNTS) and NOT Israel's intention of trying to smoke anyone out. Secondly, the U.N. Resolution saved the day and that was because Israel lifted their blockade as a sign of acknowledging U.N. Security council resolution. As a matter of fact, Israel had less casualties as opposed to Hezbollah, although most of the causalities other than fighters were Lebanon citizens.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 13, 2012
Maple:

Israel's goal for that war was to completely eradicate Hezbollah, which it never did. Instead, the "invincible and powerful" Israeli Army was forced to flee Southern Lebanon with its tail between its legs by Hezbollah. Now, if thats victory for Israel, I dont know what failure looks like. Today, the Hezzies(Hezbollah) are more stronger, popular and respected today than they have ever been.

the muslim thought process is an exercise in desperate dishonesty. grin
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by manny4life(m): 6:28am On Aug 13, 2012
Going by your own video, it clearly said "Hezbollah suffered physical and human loses", but gained political presence and recognition, which why the man said lastly, they had won "in the short term". Who suffers such enormous loss and claims victory? They won the war for political presence, NOT for military might. They wanted to be known in the "short term", where are they today?
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 13, 2012
the muslim thought process is an exercise in desperate dishonesty. grin

Dont let your hatred for Muslims blind your Objectivity my Christian friend. cheesy
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 13, 2012
Maple:

Dont let your hatred for Muslims blind your Objectivity my Christian friend. cheesy

You talking of objectivity? grin My friend you need help.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by dein77(m): 7:10am On Aug 13, 2012
profola2be:

my brother,you got it wrong.
Israel hasnt been armed by USA.
may i also inform you that,Israel doesnt need the backing of USA to win its war against any country,even USA itself.
This is the most uninformed statement I have read here. U need to pay more attention to global poitics...
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 13, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THAT, I HAVE LIVED IN CAIRO AND DOHA AND YOU COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND HOW THEIR MIND WORKS, YOU CAN SEE THEM JUBILATION FOR THE MOVES BY MORSI.

Assalamu alaikum Captain,

You understand the real gist. The way things are going , there could be an inevitable all out war.

God help us.....
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by andrewza: 10:28am On Aug 13, 2012
There seem to be many miss informed people here.

Firing the head the head of the military that support your enemy is a smart move. The way it was done was stupid though. Better it was done in private.

Israel dose not want a war with egypt but if it happened is more than ready.

Israel is like a lot of industrial countries. It builds a lot of its own weapons but it all so buys from other countries. Of course it then modifies them. A American F16 and a Israeli F16 may look the same but they are different aircraft. All so israel gets a lot of ammunitions from the USA.

Israel want Hezbola to stop attacking there border with raids and rockets. And they have. Yes they took a few casualties but they dished out more than they received.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by waters2012: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
So has the price of garri drop?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hitler Said True Jews Were Black / Obama Or Romney- Who Would You Vote For? / Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.