Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! (9672 Views)

Ex-egyptian President, Morsi Jailed 20 Years / Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi / U.S. Offers Egypt Budget Aid After Mursi Assurance On Economic Reforms (2) (3) (4)

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
Lordave: When are we going to have our own field marshal?

Just in case you missed the memo....I'm here to help you out sha.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-4fr0iZNrdO0/Tn9yxvenjqI/AAAAAAAAAno/xpsjoKuA8KM/s400/PresidentJonathanatNigerianNevy2010FleetReview5%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

We don dey gradually derail this thread o!
According to the article, Turkey is vehemently against its removal and consider it part of her own security and that's why its still there till now and NATO had to oblige, is that not dash?

Makes zero sense. if it was "dashed" then why is the US exercising authority on whether to remove those weapons or not in the same article you quote? Or do you need me to define "dash" for you? If you dont know something just say so... too tired of ridiculous fellows just bleating around with half-baked misinformation.

lol an uninformed blowhard calling me mumu for pointing out his glaring idiocy? grin too many people just want to be seen to talk, even if they dont know what they are saying. And to think you were blowing hot under the collar for someone else you thought didnt know what they were saying? Typical local naija mentality... na me know pass.

Of course Turkey knows as long as US long range bombers and nuclear missiles are on its base no one would dare attack it so why shouldnt they consider it part of their security? Isnt that why Poland and co are trying to arm twist the US into going ahead with building missile bases in their countries too? Ode.

Mumu please read this and learn = http://www.armscontrol.org/act/2010_06/Kibaroglu

Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands also host US nuclear weapons under NATO.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Rex123(m): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
maryjames9: Personally,israel has always been an endangered specie,being in the midst of enemies.What i know is US is either trying to forge a bond with morsi or empower egypt military all aimed at protecting Israel.On the other hand is Iran Nuclear weapon faced with calculated assasination of iran's nuclear scientists,cyber attack,sanctions from U.S,europe and arab league.Syria is another issue here with the region becoming a platform for power tussle between US and china/russia union.What i'm saying is Israel is always gona be on their toes.However,i dont believe morsi wil want to be US boy and being an islamist party,he wil have an unrepentant hatred for israel.Lets watch as events unfold. God help us these UN Security nations dont let hell on earth for power tussle
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by ismhab(m): 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
OUR FIELD MARSHAL GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN, IS ON DUTY.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by na2day(m): 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

Makes zero sense. if it was "dashed" then why is the US exercising authority on whether to remove those weapons or not in the same article you quote? Or do you need me to define "dash" for you? If you dont know something just say so... too tired of ridiculous fellows just bleating around with half-baked misinformation.
I'm also tired of doing back and forth with you mumu tongue on an issue that is has apparent as the day, the weapon as at now is on Turkish soil fitted for Turkish air force, even NATO has agreed not to remove it and Turkey is using it as part of her security strategy, and here you are rambling like a cretin, ehn go and take from them naa!
mtshew!
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

I'm also tired of doing back and forth with you mumu tongue on an issue that is has apparent as the day, the weapon as at now is on Turkish soil fitted for Turkish air force, even NATO has agreed not to remove it and Turkey is using it as part of her security strategy, and here you are rambling like a cretin, ehn go and take from them naa!
mtshew!

Daft. the problem with empty barrels like you is that internet jingoism is your only claim to fame. You said the US "dashed" turkey nuclear weapons. Even your own article makes nonsense of that clear case of misinformed stup[i]i[/i]dity. Of course bellicose id[i]io[/i]ts like you try to hide your own inadequacy with personal attacks. Not a surprise. Rather than accept correction, you want to continue beating your chest in a show of "i too know". The only reason i bothered to take on your uninformed drivel was after i spotted you attacking another poster for posting what they didnt know anything about. I had to shake my head in pity. Pot... kettle... black.

Again read the link i gave you... by your own claims then the US has also "dashed" Germany, Belgium, Luxemburg and the Netherlands nuclear weapons? Of course those weapons are also fitted to be carried by turkish air force jets as part of being a NATO ally. Turkey cannot unilaterally choose to use those bombs on Kurdistan for example as they would if they owned it... you know under the terms of "dash" no?
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Ozonna(m): 7:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
This is not good for Isreal at all. The Military headed by Tantawi are trying to prevent a full blown war between Isreal and Egypt and this will happen immediatelly Mursi led Brotherhood takes full control of the military. Infact, moderate Islamic nations like Saudi,UAE,Qatar,Bahrain, etc will not be happy with this development. They are all scared of radical Islamic groups and thier sponsors thats why they they don't like leaders of Syria and Iran.

This is not good for world peace.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by na2day(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

Daft. the problem with empty barrels like you is that internet jingoism is your only claim to fame. You said the US "dashed" turkey nuclear weapons. Even your own article makes nonsense of that clear case of misinformed stup[i]i[/i]dity. Of course bellicose id[i]io[/i]ts like you try to hide your own inadequacy with personal attacks. Not a surprise.

Again read the link i gave you... by your own claims then the US has also "dashed" Germany, Belgium, Luxemburg and the Netherlands nuclear weapons? Of course those weapons are also fitted to be carried by turkish air force jets as part of being a NATO ally. Turkey cannot unilaterally choose to use those bombs on Kurdistan for example as they would if they owned it... you know under the terms of "dash" no?

you know u really are a dum.bass, we are talking about middle east countries that have a bone to grind with Israel and u are mentioning European countries ?
For your info, nuclear weapons are not meant to be used to suppress internal insurrection (like attacking PKK) but as a means of deterrence, meaning if you bomb me, i will do worse!
Now you have middle east country(Turkey) who was fitted with these weapons arguing that it should not be taken away because its part of Her own security and NATO agreed, and here you are saying its not useful to them, as i've told you before go carryam, cretin!
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

you know u really are a dum.bass, we are talking about middle east countries that have a bone to grind with Israel and u are mentioning European countries ?
For your info, nuclear weapons are not meant to be used to suppress internal insurrection (like attacking PKK) but as a means of deterrence, meaning if you bomb me, i will do worse!
Now you have[size=18pt] middle east country(Turkey)[/size] who was fitted with these weapons arguing that it should not be taken away because its part of Her own security and NATO agreed, and here you are saying its not useful to them, as i've told you before go carryam, cretin!

Really? undecided Daft again. we are talking specifically about your false claim that the US dashed Turkey nuclear weapons. turkey is a south east European country by the way and not a part of the middle east you know? I already know that nuclear weapons are for detterence... that is why the US has nuclear weapons in several NATO countries of which Turkey, Germany, Netherlands and Luxemburg are a part.

You're just struggling too hard to "win" an internet argument. what a disgraceful shame. Its ok to admit that you goofed and you really dont know half what you are saying. Calling me a cretin wont change that.

If turkey is a middle east country then why is it applying to be a part of the EU? Ode calling his superiors cretins.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ozonna: This is not good for Isreal at all. The Military headed by Tantawi are trying to prevent a full blown war between Isreal and Egypt and this will happen immediatelly Mursi led Brotherhood takes full control of the military. Infact, moderate Islamic nations like Saudi,UAE,Qatar,Bahrain, etc will not be happy with this development. They are all scared of radical Islamic groups and thier sponsors thats why they they don't like leaders of Syria and Iran.

This is not good for world peace.

Good analysis. It means there could be more revolutions to come in that region.

The interesting thing is that Egypt is sunni seat of Islam; them Islamists will set the stage.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by maigaskiya1: 8:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

War is not as easy as you think, we are not talking about weapons now,
Are you aware the same America that is arming Israel with advanced weapons is also arming Egypt?
Sane Governments do their best to support neighbors that will be friendly to them and go out of their ways to undermine those who won't.
If Morsi have his way, Israel will become a giant Bull's eye pinned to the wall.
let hm try
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by na2day(m): 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

Really? undecided Daft again. we are talking specifically about your false claim that the US dashed Turkey nuclear weapons. turkey is a south east European country [size=13pt]by the way and not a part of the middle east you know[/size]? I already know that nuclear weapons are for detterence... that is why the US has nuclear weapons in several NATO countries of which Turkey, Germany, Netherlands and Luxemburg are a part.

You're just struggling too hard to "win" an internet argument. what a disgraceful shame. Its ok to admit that you goofed and you really dont know half what you are saying. Calling me a cretin wont change that.

If turkey is a middle east country then why is it applying to be a part of the EU? Ode calling his superiors cretins.

Since you don't have points again and you are now clutching at straws, i've no choice again but to pity you,
Having said that though, the majority of Turkey (97%) is in the Middle East. Only 3% of Turkey is located in Europe.
You can check again on wikipedia:
Traditional definition of the Middle East
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East
Is Turkey not there?
You, sir, are an id.iot!
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

Since you don't have points again and you are now clutching at straws, i've no choice again but to pity you,
Having said that though, the majority of Turkey (97%) is in the Middle East. Only 3% of Turkey is located in Europe.
You can check again on wikipedia:
Traditional definition of the Middle East
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East
Is Turkey not there?
You, sir, are an id.iot!

you're just a bloviating nuisance. By your claims then Cyprus, Azerbaijan, Georgia and portions of Russia should be considered part of the middle east right?
Again i ask... if Turkey is a middle east nation then why does it have an EU application pending for the last 5 yrs?

Ode.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by na2day(m): 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

you're just a bloviating nuisance. By your claims then Cyprus, Azerbaijan, Georgia and portions of Russia should be considered part of the middle east right?
Again i ask... if Turkey is a middle east nation then why does it have an EU application pending for the last 5 yrs?

Ode.

I've always been warned never to argue with a cret.in,
I think i must capitulate now so that people will not label us with the same hue.
Finally!
In the west, Turkey borders Greece and Bulgaria, and the touristy part of Istanbul is also in the 3% of the country that is officially in Europe. But of course that means that 97% of the country is in Asia, and more specifically, in the [size=13pt]Middle East[/size]. The eastern edge of Turkey borders Iraq, Iran, and Syria, and what’s in between is heavily influenced by those cultures, without most of the complications that go along with that troubled region.
http://www.priceoftravel.com/2598/9-reasons-budget-travelers-should-head-to-turkey-soon/
Of course Turkey wants to be part of EU because of the perks involved, every fool knows that!
Even Nigeria too will demand for that if 3% of her landmass is in Europe!

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

I've always been warned never to argue with a cret.in,
I think i must capitulate now so that people will not label us with the same hue.
Finally!

http://www.priceoftravel.com/2598/9-reasons-budget-travelers-should-head-to-turkey-soon/
Of course Turkey wants to be part of EU because of the perks involved, every fool knows that!
Even Nigeria too will demand for that if 3% of her landmass is in Europe!

I notice you ignore my specific questions to make irrelevant rants and post more maps you havent read.

Again why is cyprus, Azerbaijan, Georgia and parts of Russia not regarded as middle east?
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by dandollar1: 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olodostein:

Nah Nah Nah...... You see, them Islamists are not sellouts. They are not carried away by material things, I trust them on that.

The West have made the biggest blunder in history and it will come back to bite them hard.

Israel will survive this new frontier.
You are right, bro. The west made a terrible mistake ousting Mubarak.
We are seeing the begining of Islamic republic of Egypt.quite sad.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Sweetnecta: 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2012
@davidylan:
by davidylan(m): 6:19pm

na2day!:
Israel will be very very uncomfortable now! grin

why? undecided Egypt will be scorched earth by the time Israel is through with them.
you know the unseen, since you are playing Yahweh? God can humble the overconfident goliath by the hands of small man david.

it happened before because goliath was a disbeliever and an evll doer.

weak small man david was a believer in One God which gave him advantage by true faith over the ill-fated arrogant disbeliever who relied on his empty power not considering what God will bring about.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by marabout(m): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
Not everybody understands global politics like you do. Some just talk of weapons and what not. Israel would rather not be fighting every neighbour if they can avoid it.
Being war-ready everytime costs money. Even Israeli girls must do military duty. Israel pays a heavy price.

na2day!:

Are you aware the same America that is arming Israel with advanced weapons is also arming Egypt?
Sane Governments do their best to support neighbors that will be friendly to them and go out of their ways to undermine those who won't.
If Morsi have his way, Israel will become a giant Bull's eye pinned to the wall.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by jude33084(m): 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

My brother, this situation is going to give even the American secretary of state(hillary) sleepless night tonight!
We all know, the Islamic brotherhood are chameleons (after the revolution, they promised not field a presidential candidate, but when the coast was clear, they immediately fielded Morsi).
They have links with many Islamic hardliners like Hamas, Hez et al in the middle east.
Imagine the scenario where they control the army?
That means -
Sinai is no longer safe (It hasn't been safe anyway since the revolution)
Hamas will now have official pass to bring in their weapons instead of tunneling like rats
The Sinai will immediately become a staging port for terrorist attack into Israel.

Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† Ɣ☺Ʊ do not know is that τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ Isrealites are always 10 steps ahead of their enemies. Gosh! Those guys are Blessed cool
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by marabout(m): 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

Ode.

You are both right really. It's the gateway between East & West. Though turks feel more European. If they were a majority Christian country, most would easily call them Westerners.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by jude33084(m): 10:02pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

That shows Ɣ☺Ʊ know nothing about Isreal! In terms of war technology Isreal is advanced, really advanced. From UAV Ť☺ fighter jet ΆŋԂ bomb technology. Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ scientist in America are Jews. Find out cool
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
ACM10:

Bros, pls don't insult us. We have many Nigerians that follows global events and politics. Don't think that you have exclusive knowledge of global politics

Following and grasping are two different words and not necessarily the same. You may be following a news but not understanding it. I have noticed from the reading a lot of the comments on this forum that most of us have no clue of the dynamics of events.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by jude33084(m): 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
mu2sa2: I don't think Egypt wants war with Israel. But time was when Israeli Army was considered invincible: the Hezbollah defeated them in Lebanon; Syria has announced that it has stockpiles of deadly chemical weapons, which they will jolly well use against Israel & mark u there can be no winner in a massive chemical war fare today; Iran's military capability is scaring everybody. So long for Israel being invincible.

No doubt Ɣ☺Ʊ always listen Ť☺ those Hausa Arabic stations grin
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by jude33084(m): 10:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
marabout: Not everybody understands global politics like you do. Some just talk of weapons and what not. Israel would rather not be fighting every neighbour if they can avoid it.
Being war-ready everytime costs money. Even Israeli girls must do military duty. Israel pays a heavy price.

There is no Isreali civilian, they are all military men ΆŋԂ women. When Ɣ☺Ʊ graduate τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ govt post Ť☺ military school just like our nysc here. Ɣ☺Ʊ will be given tough military trainig. Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ doctors, lawyers, engineers, nurses, scientist etc are all military men ΆŋԂ women. Find out! cool
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
Sweetnecta: @davidylan: you know the unseen, since you are playing Yahweh? God can humble the overconfident goliath by the hands of small man david.

it happened before because goliath was a disbeliever and an evll doer.

weak small man david was a believer in One God which gave him advantage by true faith over the ill-fated arrogant disbeliever who relied on his empty power not considering what God will bring about.

and that David was a Jew. Goliath was a philistine (you know the people arab palestinians now falsely claim as descendants).
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by dont8(m): 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
Who is Isreal if not for US arming them, we shouldn't forget they're in the midst of enemies, Hamas, Hezbolla and middle east rivals Syria and Iran, Iran especially can wipe them off the world map if care is not taken.
Rex123:

That true , no arab country i̶̲̥̅̊s̤̥̈̊ a match for Israel. They re more advance military and intel dat their arab counterpart.
†ђξ president shuld tread softly egypt i̶̲̥̅̊s̤̥̈̊ №† fully under his control. ђã†̥ a country without it armed force. †ђξ forces re still loyal Τ̅☺ their leaders. I just hope there won't be a coup.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2012
dont8: Who is Isreal if not for US arming them, we shouldn't forget they're in the midst of enemies, Hamas, Hezbolla and middle east rivals Syria and Iran, Iran especially can wipe them off the world map if care is not taken.

Bogus. Was US arms the reason Israel beat back more than 5 arab nations in 1948 and 1967? undecided
Yeah Israel is in the midst of muslim nations that are sworn to destroy it but if they have failed consistently to do so in 64 yrs then what is your evidence that Iran will succeed?
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by nagoma(m): 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2012

We have GEJ . He is not a lion, he is not a general but a field Marshall .

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by ABAKA72(m): 11:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
na2day!:

Mr man go and read history of conflicts in the middle east. The Isreal that defeated the combined Arab forces of the entire middle east in 1967 and the one that humiliated the mighty Egyptian Army and airforce (backed massively by the soviet union) in the Sinai war of 1973 is no were as strong as Isreali armed forces today. In tarms of competence, ability, firepower and advance weaponry, Isreal stands amoung the best in the World, so how can Morsi and his Egypt realistically pose a threat to Isreal without ending up losing more of it's territories to Isreali occupation just like the way it happen with the loss of Sinai after Isreali forces decimated the Egyptian air force and crippled it's ground forces in 1973. And as far as friendship goes, between Egypt and Isreal, when shove comes to push the United states will always support Isreal ahead of Egypt.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† Ɣ☺Ʊ do not know is that τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ Isrealites are always 10 steps ahead of their enemies. Gosh! Those guys are Blessed cool

Just like they were "10 steps" ahead of Hezbollah in 2006 you mean?

Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by ABAKA72(m): 12:26am On Aug 13, 2012
mu2sa2: I don't think Egypt wants war with Israel. But time was when Israeli Army was considered invincible: the Hezbollah defeated them in Lebanon; Syria has announced that it has stockpiles of deadly chemical weapons, which they will jolly well use against Israel & mark u there can be no winner in a massive chemical war fare today; Iran's military capability is scaring everybody. So long for Israel being invincible.
Mumu, were did you get your information. Hezbollah fires a few rocket into Isreal and ambush Isreali border guards, killing one or two Isrealis and kidnaping one soldier, Isreal launch air strike into Hezbollah positions in Lebanon killing hundred of Hezbollah supporters and civillian sympatizers, Hezbollah cowars and ran back into their holes, too scared to continue their attack, does that sound like defeat for Isreal to you?. Ewu.
Re: Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! by LagosBoi2(m): 12:54am On Aug 13, 2012
Olodostein:

At one time during my career, i stayed in cairo. Any news from that region interest me.

You see, A westerner is the Most clueless when it comes to the middle east and how the typical Arab mind works.

An Arab never believes that anyone including the Israelites can defeat them. No matter how much you humilate them, they will keep coming, hoping that one day they will defeat you.

Tantawi is sacked. Nothing will happen besides he is just another Nubian to them. Ordinary Egyptians are solidly behind the Islamists.

The Jews and the Arabs understands themselves better than anyone else and will sort themselves out.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THAT, I HAVE LIVED IN CAIRO AND DOHA AND YOU COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND HOW THEIR MIND WORKS, YOU CAN SEE THEM JUBILATION FOR THE MOVES BY MORSI.

Hitler Said True Jews Were Black / Obama Or Romney- Who Would You Vote For? / Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83