Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency (11770 Views)

Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness / States Will Receive N300b Presidential Special Intervention Fund Soon-presidency / Apc’ll Collapse Soon –presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by comradeoscar(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2012
i dey laf o.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by edicolove: 1:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
comrade oscar: dis government talks too much. pls deliver first ad stop all diz we will......... we shall....... we ar planin to...... pls deliver ad Nigerians will blow yur trumpet 4 u. I hav not felt any improvment powerwise yet. pls too ?much of talking is not good.

Have you ever seen any government in the world that doesn't give you report on its progress? If they keep quiet now, you will still complain that nothing is happening. #comedy
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Chubhie: 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
BeraBera: Come back home my dear! I'll be waiting 4 u with foo-foo and ofe-egusi, amala & ewedu, with fresh palm wine for u to wash it down.
Nna meh i miss ma fufu+ ofe egusi or amala with gbegiri and some freshly tapped palmwine! I love naija!
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by sambos994(m): 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
I'll be praying for this to happen.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by onandon: 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
Isn't it obvious the only way Gej can get reelected (I'm not going to vote 4 him though) is by fixing the power issue ? I'm not concerned with how many kilowatts or megawatts you guys are able to generate though I appreciate that you guys are carrying the people along. I only have one question, where is this generated power channeled to ? You get people exited with your theoretical projections but we don't get to see the results. I just went to pick up my clothe from the tailor that I'm supposed to wear to a friends wedding this weekend and he told me he has sewn it but he hasn't been able to iron it because there hasn't been power since Friday. Something is really wrong in this country, everyone is affiliated to one religion or the other just check out how many stickers, calendars, wristbands and other materials that shows which camp you belong to upon all they still go ahead thieving and impoverishing the nation. Imagine Farouk going for a "religious trip" and Bode George throwing a Thanksgiving party after serving jail term. Nigeria is sick, Obasanjo spent trillions on power projects but our power generation got worse, he should be prosecuted. No one is above the law.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Chubhie: 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
BeraBera: Come back home my dear! I'll be waiting 4 u with foo-foo and ofe-egusi, amala & ewedu, with fresh palm wine for u to wash it down.
Nna meh i miss ma fufu with ofe egusi or amala wit gbegiri and some freshly tapped palmwine! I love naija!
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
lets wait and see how empty these promises are. besides, no lite right now due to strike.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by edicolove: 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
kama1210: WHAT HAPPENS TO THE BILLS WE'LL PAY. Hope they will cut down high cost of Power Bill. It will be good if we have more Light wit subsidized bill.

Control your power usage. That's the whole idea. That is what is done all over the world. Use it when you need it. If you go to the UK, you will be amazed how peeps manage power. I have seen boys discussing inside darkness just to save cost. But back here, if there is power, the fridge runs for 24 hours, you plug the iron and just leave it on while you are attending to other things. The tv is permanently on. All the ACs are working in a 3 bedroom flat when you are at home and you don't even remember to put off your appliances when you go out. The culture needs to change. I save cost on my power and pay less bills now even with this new tarrif because of the way I control my power usage. That's the beauty of prepaid meters.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by manny4life(m): 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
I still find it hard to get it, in the GOOD NEWS, folks are quickly able to attribute it to past administrations, if it's bad news, they will attribute it to GEJ and call for his resignation... na wa o

Same group of people condemned Mrs NOI and the abandoned projects, like if these projects were completed, we wouldn't be in this mess, now they're checking off each project to complete particularly in power sector, there's STORY involved in it; it's the past administration who initiated the project.

In that case, why don't we go back and blame previous leaders who escalated corruption to where it is today?
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2012
nothing we haven't heard before
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by 2oby: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
gramci: Haters where are you?
wait for the rain to stop befor telling if it heavier than yesterday.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Taitaiwo: 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
GEJ has done dis one successfully, for d past 4days now,we av constant power supply. I swear down. Shey na naija I dey sha #amIdreaming?#
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by kpolli(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
Still no light here for 2days now so wetin una dey talk about?
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Aifey(m): 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
gramci: Haters where are you?
hw old are u? Since independace tht d same story. Soon, given accellarated attention, speedy recovery, later this year, project is almost completed n so on. I will never beliv PDP. Rubish.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by naijaswag1: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
Serious improvement in power supply(atleast 18hrs daily where I live). I hope government can sustain it and target 15,000-20,000 mw by 2015.If sustained,the good effect it will have on the economy will surely be felt probably before two years.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Riodiao(m): 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
Taa! Sharrap ur smelling mouth. Do they think they r talking to kids. No lite every morning where i stay.Everi morning.Disel sellerz pay phcn to take lite. Phcn is on strike now.No where to buy pre paid card. Smelling country! Black man no get sense
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by taharqa: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
A_why23: useless ppl, 9000mw by december,dey ve started wt dia promise again,just settle dem properly b4 privatization so dat dey wl nt spoil wat u intend doing lipsrsealed
I agree wit u joor. All dese too much talk by sm govt agencies is bringing sm level of frivioulity to an odawise focusd Power Reform Process. We know dat Power has improvd considerably nd we acknowledge dat 4 d 1st time a Privatisatn program is nw in its concluding stages, but govt shld nw only continue to focus on dose dates in its timeline dat it has bn religiously following nd talk less...abeg mk una remind me on d next Date in d timeline, Aug 24, nd nt disturb me wit any oda tin(except perhaps wot is happening wit d PHCN workers-Govt faceoff since dat is capable of derailing d process). THERE MUST BE LIGHT IN 9JA DIS TIME AROUND
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
1025:

uncle, what do u mean by record high? what is this 4237 megawatts in a lame man's language? why is the electricity issue been discussed in the engineering terms? are all nigerians engineers or scientists? what is big about a govt promising 500,000 megawatts, kilowatts and megabytes if i may ask?
i have been to at least 10 different countries of this world and i have never had ppl talking kilowatts, gejowatts, barthowatts, megawatts and other form of watts. how on earth nigerians can't let the supplies speak for themselves?from the first day i hear about pdp, i have known them with electricity which has been improving. how low can we be as a ppl discussing a necessity(electricity) as a luxury? this is simply daft.
HOW MANY MEGAWATTS NIGERIA HAS ACHIEVED IN CORRUPTION?

Whoa! Don't say that! If you tell Nigerians to ask their Government to do better it means your a hater, so just enjoy 12hrs of electricity everyday like a patriot.

Govt is working!
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by taharqa: 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
mkmyers45: I think nigerians should be cautious in over-rejoicing...Lets remain grounded watch and wait...If he indeed does deliver on this then he will win over so many and inadvertently seal a second term.
Agreed. But me thinks dat we shld not just 'watch and wait'; we shld instead keep dem on dier toes so dat d timelines are strictly adhered to. We shld nt allow dis opportunity slip away. NIGERIA MUST HAVE LIGHT THIS TIME AROUND
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by dedeike: 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Through Obasanjo. The NIPP projects were Obasanjo's initiation. Yar adua, along with Jonathan as VP stalled on those projects. The same NIPP plants which were commenced during Obansanjo days are what we are working on today.
How far do you think this Pettiness will push you? Nigerians are telling you that after all the abracadabra by successive govt's in Nigeria, power has improved under Jonathan.
Just take sometime to go through opinions on this thread and you will see how ridiculous you sound. If you continue in this blind denial of the obvious, you risk loosing whatever is left of your reputation on Nairaland.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by bigdoo: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
Nigeria should be producing at least 18,000 MW of electricity to ensure adequate and interrupted power supply. Pakistan, which is about the same as Nigeria in population currently generates 17,000 MW but has the capacity to generate up to 21, 000 megawatts.

Islamabad: Chairman National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) Khalid Saeed has said that the country has the capacity to produce 21,000 megawatts of electricity but at present only 17,000 mw is being generated due to lack of funds.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by GAR3TH(m): 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
edicolove:

Hahahahahaha! I wish you know how you sound and how those reading your post regard it. A man who didn't see light during OBJ and Yaradua time is telling you he is enjoying good light now and you are desperately trying to convince him GEJ should not be commended but OBJ. Comedy unlimited. Lwbmb!

From what I remember reading OBJ was the one who commissioned the project and I also read that NIPP reached 75% completion during Yar'Adua's administration. During the present and past administrations the power plants was and still are under construction. But according to you, we should give GEJ all the credit even though he had nothing to do with the NIPP expect for being the one in office when it will be completed? That like the final runner in a relay race getting all the credit for finishing even though his teammates also ran with with the baton in the race.

My point is you and a few other people on Nairaland give GEJ waaaay to much credit. You also denounce and repudiate the positive things past administrations and opposition parties did. GEJ has projects of his own but not everything completed or commissioned by GEJ is made by him.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by juman(m): 3:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
I don't believe this.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Fpersiee(m): 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2012
lite dey mi area oo, on improvement basis. bt wen shall we compete wt evn non oil nations in terms of power.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by taharqa: 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
al-qaeda:
lets wait and see how empty these promises are. besides, no lite right now due to strike.
But see d kind name u cari Bros; who u to say go bliv u lol
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Chubhie: 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fpersiee: lite dey mi area oo, on improvement basis. bt wen shall we compete wt evn non oil nations in terms of power.
If the current pace can be maintained, we will get there in no distant time....please once the light goes back to what it used to be before do not hesitate to tell us here.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by francis4real(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Kudos 2 GEJ.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by wesley80(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
GAR3TH:

From what I remember reading OBJ was the one who commissioned the project and I also read that NIPP reached 75% completion during Yar'Adua's administration. During the present and past administrations the power plants was and still are under construction. But according to you, we should give GEJ all the credit even though he had nothing to do with the NIPP expect for being the one in office when it will be completed? That like the final runner in a relay race getting all the credit for finishing even though his teammates also ran with with the baton in the race.

My point is you and a few other people on Nairaland give GEJ waaaay to much credit. You also denounce and repudiate the positive things past administrations and opposition parties did. GEJ has projects of his own but not everything completed or commissioned by GEJ is made by him.
How long does it take to build and fire a gas plant? Start counting from 1999, we are now in 2012 that makes how many years? How do you cite power plants without making any provision for gas to fire the plants or an adequate grid to distribute generated power? isn't that like running an olympic relay race without a baton? Now who has solved all that and is refusing to be dragged back by poor planning and the rest excuses? Open your mouth and repeat after me; Geeeeeeee Eeeeeeee Jayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by tpapi: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Telthetruth: i applaud u Mr. President (GEJ) though i hv nt seen light in ma area for the past 3 weeks nw.
bros y r u stressin urself ovadia,u beta relocate 2 nigeria
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Cupidkc(m): 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
9000megawatts in "few" months? The question is...hw few is "few".
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by 1025: 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
dedeike:
How far do you think this Pettiness will push you? Nigerians are telling you that after all the abracadabra by successive govt's in Nigeria, power has improved under Jonathan.
Just take sometime to go through opinions on this thread and you will see how ridiculous you sound. If you continue in this blind denial of the obvious, you risk loosing whatever is left of your reputation on Nairaland.

stop deceiving urself. jonathan SHOULD COME OUT BOLD and tell nigerians when we will stop improving and be stable like other countries of this world both the rich and the poor.
how come u always come here to celebrate over the word IMPROVING? how long does this improving take a nation? all these reports of 5 days un-interrupted electricity should come with ur location. i live here in ajah lagos and the supply here is better but what about those in imo state my state of origin? are ppl in contonou, ghana, abidjan or america still talking about improving? by the way, in 2008, those living in ajah area of lagos state will bear me witness that the supply was great then too. it is all about a round about movement that keeps sucking us of our national funds.
if we have the supply we are celebrating, we have a very large market here that every company of this world will be here without delays.
today, privatization, tomorrow, megawatts and the next day, winding up phcn. what is the real programme and project for this power supply?
did barth nnaji tell us how long it took nigeria to achieve this 4237 megawatts and what we had before he came on board. celebrants here must know if barth and joe took 2 years to achieve 5 megawatts and are targeting 9000 megawatts in the next 80 years.
i hate pdp and what ever they stand for because they treat us like goats and dogs.
nigeria has all it takes and many companies out there are waiting to be contacted so why are we not having electricity? if countries like china and india have steady power supplies as big as they are, why are we hell bent on improving?
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by ibsmooth: 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
manny4life: I strongly believe in the GEJ Administration on Power, his minister is delivering, they will sure deliver...
This man is a fool.Obj had 19 NIPP station with nothing to show after expending over $16billion with nothing to show,Yar'adua promised emergency and never took effect.stop being emotional about what you read.PDP cannot solved nigerian power problem.steady and constant power supply is not only generation,how do you transmit and distribute it effectively and efficiently.My broda we know how this system works.Keep quite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hijab: Issue Circular To Stop Crisis In Lagos Schools – Muslims Tell Sanwo-Olu / Kano Court Fixes April 17 For Ganduje, Wife, Son’s Arraignment / Igbos Respect Yourselves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.