Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency (11755 Views)

Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness / States Will Receive N300b Presidential Special Intervention Fund Soon-presidency / Apc’ll Collapse Soon –presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by billante(m): 10:31am On Aug 13, 2012
Not resting on its laurels after producing a peak power supply of 4237 Megawatts last week, the Presidency has announced that the power generation in the country will reach 9,000 Megawatts in the next few months.

A statement from the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs said the administration would achieve this when it completed 10 projects under the National Integrated Power Plants (NIPP).

The projects, which on completion, will add additional 4960mw to the national grid are: Ihovbor in Edo State (451mw), Omotosho in Ondo State (451mw), Olorunsogo in Ogun State (750mw), Sapele in Delta State (451mw), Geregu in Kogi State (434mw), Egbema in Imo State (338mw), Gbarain in Bayelsa (225mw), Omoku in Rivers State (225mw), Calabar in Cross River State (561mw) and Alaoji in Abia State (1074mw).

The Federal Government said in the statement signed by the Media Director in the office, Mr. Olusanya Awosan, “This administration met 10 abandoned NIPP projects and has successfully revitalised all. More importantly, they are all within the range of 95-100 per cent completion stage and are awaiting gas supply, which government has taken very concrete steps to address.

“Government has improved power generation from under 3,000mw in 2011 to 4,300mw by August 2012. Therefore, when the 10 NIPP projects are fully on stream, which will be within the next few months, the total national generation capacity will not be less than 9000mw, a 200 per cent increase in generating capacity as compared with the figures for 2011 and the highest ever by any administration since independence.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/08/13/power-supply-to-reach-9000-megawatts-in-next-few-months-presidency/
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by manny4life(m): 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
I strongly believe in the GEJ Administration on Power, his minister is delivering, they will sure deliver...

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
Let's wait and see. Nigeria's government is made up of "to", "will", "going", "soon", "going to", "will be"...

13 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by gramci: 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
Haters where are you?
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Feemmy(m): 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
Gr8 work from the president and minister of power, though no light in my area for four days now.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by stepo707: 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
ok o
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Super1759: 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
I applaud you on this mr president.am really overwhelmed how steady we use power now. For close to amonth now,I sleep with phcn ALL night and in day time,its steady as well. But the bill is something else

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Funkymallam(m): 12:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
@modOAM4J.

Why do you have to close the other thread? It wasn't talking about the power projects alone.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by simba4us: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mubi North, Adamawa state. Enjoying over 22 hours /day power supply for the past 5 days. Up Mr. president

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Awhy23(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
useless ppl, 9000mw by december,dey ve started wt dia promise again,just settle dem properly b4 privatization so dat dey wl nt spoil wat u intend doing lipsrsealed
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by atikubaba(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
Talk is cheap.I wil be convinced only wen I c.u shl hv tot of gas supply b4 embarking d project.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Telthetruth(m): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
i applaud u Mr. President (GEJ) though i hv nt seen light in ma area for the past 3 weeks nw.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by yuzedo: 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
OBJ Laugh!

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by HammedSodiqq: 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
Considering the recorded achievement so far, I see the Power sector under GEJ achieving this. Remember that recently, the FG has hit an all time high record of 4237 megawatt. we can only hope for the better.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by DonaldGenes(m): 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2012
Up GEj!!
Talk to my fingers@Gej haters
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by brightpot: 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2012
FRESH AIR FROM GEJ
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by executinal(m): 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
GEJ and NNaji will surely fix our power problem.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by indmix: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
Criticism in the social media has put a lot of pressure on Govt and whether they like it or not they ђά̲̣̣vέ to perform. Gone are those days they bandy figures and claims about projects. Now with social media we know what's going on at every point and at all times. Very soon the 9000MW will be proved or disproved. Time will tell.

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by atikubaba(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
Dont b deceived increase in water lever due to the season is wat brought abt d increase in Mega watt.u wil knw beta during dry season
HammedSodiqq: Considering the recorded achievement so far, I see the Power sector under GEJ achieving this. Remember that recently, the FG has hit an all time high record of 4237 megawatt. we can only hope for the better.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by duality(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
these projects have not commenced.however there exist power stations in these locations. but not with the capacities mentioned. that means all these one na proposals.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Kobojunkie: 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
[size=14pt]National Integrated Power Project[/size]

The NIPP was planned as a ‘Fast Track’ Project with 7 Power Stations conceived by the immediate past President Olusegun Obasanjo's Administration of the Federal Government of Nigeria to address the twin issues of low power generation and gas flaring from oil exploration in the Niger Delta region.

Power plants planned include:

1) Ihovbor Power Station Benin, Edo State with the capacity of 4 x 125MW

2) Calabar Power Station, Cross River State with the capacity of 5 x 125MW

3) Egbema Power Station, Imo State with the capacity of 3 x 125MW

4) Gbarain Power Station, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State with the capacity of 2 x 125MW

5) Sapele Power Station, Delta State with the capacity of 6 x 125MW

[size=13pt]Project Parties[/size]

Employer: Ministry of Energy (Power) Niger Delta Power Holding Company

Design Consultant: Lahmeyer/Otis Engineering (International/Local)

Project Consultancy: SeWa/AETS (APTEC Engineers Technical Services)- International/Local

EPC Contractor (BOP): Consortium of Marubeni Corporation of Japan and Marubeni (West Africa) Limited

OEM Contractor: General Electric Corporation of U.S.A

Commencement Date: 20th December 2005

Estimated Completion Date: 19th December 2008 (24 months Project Execution Period & 12 months Defect Liability Period) EPC Contractor (BOP)

[b]Commencement Date: [/b]16th February 2006 Estimated completion Date: 15th December 2007(22 months Project Execution Period)

This project was conceptualised as an intervention project to comprehensively address the state of electricity infrastructure in Nigeria. It is designed as a fast-track approach to improving the country‘s electricity power supply through the implementation of Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Gas Supply projects.

The main thrust of the project is the design, manufacture and supply of seven new Gas Turbine Power Plants with the provision for conversion to combined-cycle operation.
SeWa (previously STEAG Encotec West Africa) and APTEC were contracted as one of the Project Consultants of the Federal Government (Ministry of Power) for the power plants being built. The following are the services rendered:

i) Assist in EPC Contract Award

ii)Engineering design vetting

iii)Procurement Monitoring and Acceptance (FAT)

iv)Site erection supervision

v)Project management Owner’s Engineer duties

vi)Pre-commissioning and commissioning approval
vii)Technical support during Defects Liability Period (12 months)

Aptec Engineers Nigeria Limited (AENL)and Steag Encotec West Africa (SeWA) is the Consultant to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN)The parent body of the NIPP. PHCN started several power projects in 2004 to comprehensively address the state of the electricity infrastructure in the country with open cycle power plants. The Phase II Power Projects in Nigeria consisted of an extension of four Open Cycle Power Plants under construction to Combined Cycle plants.

After several technical studies were completed, the project changed course to increase power output and improve thermal efficiency. After several adjustments, the total additional Phase II power plant output will contribute to increase total generation in Nigeria by 2,430MW.
SeWa was also contracted as Consultant by Power Holding Company Nigerian (PHCN) for the extension to combined cycle of four plants built under Phase I.

The following are the services rendered:

Review of Contractor’s Technical and Financial proposals
Advise on adequacy of Contractor’s Technical proposal
Negotiate total Phase II budgetary price
Recommendation of Phase II Project Cost
Represent Client as Owner’s Engineer
Preparation of Contract Documents

The Ministry of Power working with various engineering companies is supporting this national presidential vision and initiative.
For clarification, SeWa and APTEC are individual companies sharing some management and financial resources. APTEC is incorporated both in Nigeria and UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Integrated_Power_Project

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by BeraBera(f): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
Karu village in Abuja has 24/7 power supply. They no dey take light at all for there. People have noticed remarkable improvement in d power sector recently, including me.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
no light undecided undecided
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by johnstar(m): 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
Let it b a don deal b4 posting it here, na 2day we dey hear fake news
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by DonaldGenes(m): 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
Anybody that says GEJ ain't trying should qo huq the nearest transformer
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by gator666: 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
Certain European country I come from produces just under 9000MW in peak periods, but with the population some 20 times less than Nigerian.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by jmaine: 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
Funkymallam: @modOAM4J.

Why do you have to close the other thread? It wasn't talking about the power projects alone.

I felt so as well . . . .

Maybe you should create another thread like ===> [size=14pt]GEJ answers critics on dividends of democracy[/size]

Then enlarge and bolden the section that dealt with other issues raised

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Sealeddeal(m): 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
Our light has been uninterrupted here for 3days now.but the probs now will be paying for the bill.Govt is trying.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by duality(m): 12:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
atikubaba: Dont b deceived increase in water lever due to the season is wat brought abt d increase in Mega watt.u wil knw beta during dry season

try to be optimistic. it will affect other areas of your life.

note that not all power stations are hydro. so there your water level line is not strong.
fact is that the thermal stations are working and NGC has delivered by supplying adequate gas. kudos to petroleum minister.

Nigeria is Slowly but surly making progress in this area.

Support the Transformation Agenda.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by 1025: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
HammedSodiqq: Considering the recorded achievement so far, I see the Power sector under GEJ achieving this. Remember that recently, the FG has hit an all time high record of 4237 megawatt. we can only hope for the better.

uncle, what do u mean by record high? what is this 4237 megawatts in a lame man's language? why is the electricity issue been discussed in the engineering terms? are all nigerians engineers or scientists? what is big about a govt promising 500,000 megawatts, kilowatts and megabytes if i may ask?
i have been to at least 10 different countries of this world and i have never had ppl talking kilowatts, gejowatts, barthowatts, megawatts and other form of watts. how on earth nigerians can't let the supplies speak for themselves?from the first day i hear about pdp, i have known them with electricity which has been improving. how low can we be as a ppl discussing a necessity(electricity) as a luxury? this is simply daft.
HOW MANY MEGAWATTS NIGERIA HAS ACHIEVED IN CORRUPTION?

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by mkmyers45(m): 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
I think nigerians should be cautious in over-rejoicing...Lets remain grounded watch and wait...If he indeed does deliver on this then he will win over so many and inadvertently seal a second term.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Navalsadiq(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
The president is really doing a gud job towards achieving constant power supply in the country.i must admitt to some reasonable extent that we are begining to enjoy constant supply in my province.thumbs up mr president!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC To Get New Chairman, NWC In November / Buhari Returns To Abuja 4 Days After Visit To Daura / Hijab: Issue Circular To Stop Crisis In Lagos Schools – Muslims Tell Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.