Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency (11769 Views)

Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness / States Will Receive N300b Presidential Special Intervention Fund Soon-presidency / Apc’ll Collapse Soon –presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by solgee(m): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
edicolove:

Hahahahahaha! The work of propaganda! How can too much rain make a dam to produce more power than its installed capacity. The combined capacity of Kainji and Shiroro is 1360MW. Even if Noahs rain fall, the capacity will not increase more than that. Its like saying a car now runs at 350km/h because the tank is full. Lwbmb! (Laugh wan break my back!) Ignorance is a luxury.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by GAR3TH(m): 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
bigdoo: Nigeria should be producing at least 18,000 MW of electricity to ensure adequate and interrupted power supply. Pakistan, which is about the same as Nigeria in population currently generates 17,000 MW but has the capacity to generate up to 21, 000 megawatts.

Not even close enough for adequate power supply. Pakistan has a similar population and similar development status as Nigeria and produces around 14,000Mw. Even with that Pakistan's "blackouts have reached a peak - reportedly up to 16 hours a day in urban areas and as much as 22 hours a day in the countryside". Though 9000mw is an improvement, it is not much to be celebrating. The Energy Commission of Nigeria (ECN) projects that electricity demand in Nigeria will peak at 107,600 mega watts (MW) by the year 2020. The Government truly needs to work harder and stop playing games!!!

http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/140257/no-end-in-sight-for-pakistan%C3%ADs-energy-crisis.html
http://sweetcrudereports.com/2011/09/21/nigeria-needs-107600mw-to-sustain-vision-20-2020/
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
taharqa: But see d kind name u cari Bros; who u to say go bliv u lol
bros its only a name now. besides, osama never made a promise that he didnt keep. everything he promised, he delivered.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by taharqa: 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
GAR3TH:

From what I remember reading OBJ was the one who commissioned the project and I also read that NIPP reached 75% completion during Yar'Adua's administration. During the present and past administrations the power plants was and still are under construction. But according to you, we should give GEJ all the credit even though he had nothing to do with the NIPP expect for being the one in office when it will be completed? That like the final runner in a relay race getting all the credit for finishing even though his teammates also ran with with the baton in the race.

My point is you and a few other people on Nairaland give GEJ waaaay to much credit. You also denounce and repudiate the positive things past administrations and opposition parties did. GEJ has projects of his own but not everything completed or commissioned by GEJ is made by him.
Guy plz get yr info right. Obj only completed a few of d NIPP projects(and even dose plants dat were completd cud nt deliva power to d grid cos they 'forget' to connect gas facilities to them). When Obj left, Yar'adua did virtuali nothing to complete d projects(infact he stoppd it cos of d Power Probe tin, remember?). GEJ is nw completing d project, upgrading Transmission nd Distributn infrastructure nd supplying real power to people as well as Privatising d sector, nd here u are trying to tk d credit 4rm him yet u guys wud blame him 4 evri wrong time in d coun3(even if most happend b4 he came to power). By d way, if oda presidents hv bn continuing Projects they met as he is doing wud d coun3 be in its present state?
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by missy1010(f): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
Speaking for myself alone, my area has witnessed the best power supply compared to the years before. Ofcourse this is Nigeria and they take the light once in a while but it comes bak in less than 5 minutes and stays. So i'm very impressed by GEJ and i'm so happy i didn't condemn him while others were. so now i can rub it in their faces

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by ubandire(m): 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
1025:

uncle, what do u mean by record high? what is this 4237 megawatts in a lame man's language? why is the electricity issue been discussed in the engineering terms? are all nigerians engineers or scientists? what is big about a govt promising 500,000 megawatts, kilowatts and megabytes if i may ask?
i have been to at least 10 different countries of this world and i have never had ppl talking kilowatts, gejowatts, barthowatts, megawatts and other form of watts. how on earth nigerians can't let the supplies speak for themselves?from the first day i hear about pdp, i have known them with electricity which has been improving. how low can we be as a ppl discussing a necessity(electricity) as a luxury? this is simply daft.
HOW MANY MEGAWATTS NIGERIA HAS ACHIEVED IN CORRUPTION?

You are simply a globe trotting blind fool,what do you think you are blabbing about?it is the first time this achievement has been recorded n this country,including when your paymasters whoever they are where in power.

For many of us true Nigerians the achievement so far and ones yet to be recorded needs celebrating, in the sense that power has arguably been the greatest problem of this country,we've seen regimes come and go without achieving half of what has been done by this administration in a little over a year in office,it's very laudable our prayer should rather be that they should continue with the good works already started,this administration understands power is a necessity that's why it's striving to make it available to Nigerians.Given the distractions most of you unpatriotic wicked souls have given this administration,I clearly understand your disappointment that the administration is clearly on track.Shame on you detractors and leave us to enjoy our previously elusive adequate power supply and more democracy dividends that will come with this govt.

Kudos to GEJ and his team for demonstrating their purposeful,selfless and dynamic leadership.Nigerians are solidly behind your wonderful plans for this country.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by oiseworld: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
jonathan tii binu ohh !!
The guy don chargEEEE !
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by GAR3TH(m): 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
wesley80:
How long does it take to build and fire a gas plant? Start counting from 1999, we are now in 2012 that makes how many years? How do you cite power plants without making any provision for gas to fire the plants or an adequate grid to distribute generated power? isn't that like running an olympic relay race without a baton? Now who has solved all that and is refusing to be dragged back by poor planning and the rest excuses? Open your mouth and repeat after me; Geeeeeeee Eeeeeeee Jayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

The projects didnt start in 1999 they started in december 2005 - early 2006. Second Building a power plant take years and with any large scale project you are guaranteed delays. I also assume their was some corruption through the years, this is nigeria we are talking about. Also from what I read their are provisions for adequate gas supply to the power plants. All Power plants will be feed gas through pipelines from nearby gas fields but whether they were executed is a different story
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by NOLONGTIN1(m): 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
Well done GEJ, i can see the improvement in my area #KeepItUp....... very soon i'll have to sell my Generator and inverter
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Tex42(m): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
Bla bla bla!!!JONH 3 vs 16,this story na memory vers na!but I don't doubt the man at the helm of affairs,GEJ...
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by GAR3TH(m): 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
taharqa: Guy plz get yr info right. Obj only completed a few of d NIPP projects(and even dose plants dat were completd cud nt deliva power to d grid cos they 'forget' to connect gas facilities to them). When Obj left, Yar'adua did virtuali nothing to complete d projects(infact he stoppd it cos of d Power Probe tin, remember?). GEJ is nw completing d project, upgrading Transmission nd Distributn infrastructure nd supplying real power to people as well as Privatising d sector, nd here u are trying to tk d credit 4rm him yet u guys wud blame him 4 evri wrong time in d coun3(even if most happend b4 he came to power). By d way, if oda presidents hv bn continuing Projects they met as he is doing wud d coun3 be in its present state?

But this is what I'm talking about that people pretty much give their favorite political office holder in nigeria way to much credit. You guys are acting as if GEJ is doing this all by himself. Upgrading the transmissions and distribution infrastructure has been in the works for close to a decade and the road to privatization of the power sector has been going on for a while. The NIPP projects, even though it had it hiccups, was still in development for years. I mean I understand that GEJ is your candidate of choice but don't let your love for GEJ blind you of reality, Somethings already took place before he took office. And its not just GEJ, you will see it with Fashola, Ameachi and other politician people love blindly.

BTW I'm not one of those people who blame or insult GEJ like you mentioned. I am simple a fact checker, I do it to the politicians I admire and to does I don't. There nothing wrong in investigating the truth.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by occam(m): 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2012
NO LONG TIN: Well done GEJ, i can see the improvement in my area #KeepItUp....... very soon i'll have to sell my Generator and inverter

Seriously? Better sell it now. In 3 months the market will be flooded with used generators and inverters.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Funkymallam(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Please look up the expected completion dates for the projects as highlighted in the article for you to read.

The completion date is 2007. So what are u yapping about?
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by 1025: 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
ubandire:

You are simply a globe trotting blind fool,what do you think you are blabbing about?it is the first time this achievement has been recorded n this country,including when your paymasters whoever they are where in power.

For many of us true Nigerians the achievement so far and ones yet to be recorded needs celebrating, in the sense that power has arguably been the greatest problem of this country,we've seen regimes come and go without achieving half of what has been done by this administration in a little over a year in office,it's very laudable our prayer should rather be that they should continue with the good works already started,this administration understands power is a necessity that's why it's striving to make it available to Nigerians.Given the distractions most of you unpatriotic wicked souls have given this administration,I clearly understand your disappointment that the administration is clearly on track.Shame on you detractors and leave us to enjoy our previously elusive adequate power supply and more democracy dividends that will come with this govt.

Kudos to GEJ and his team for demonstrating their purposeful,selfless and dynamic leadership.Nigerians are solidly behind your wonderful plans for this country.

in a democratic setting, different individuals are allowed to say their different minds and as a nigerian, i have that freedom of expression which no other nigerian has the legitimate right to deny me not even the president, not even the TWO BLABBING FOOLS WHOSE MEETING PRODUCED U.
most of u just live and move by the crowd otherwise, answer the following questions;
1. what is megawatt and its implications on our day to day electricity usages?
2. what was the megawatts in place before the coming of jonathan and his team?
3. what are the necessary conditions for achieving an additional megawatt?
4. how long does it take to achieve one megawatt?
5. how much does it cost a govt to achieve 1 megawatt of electricity?

you are telling us how jonathan has achieved the unachievable in a shortwhile but for the sake of ur goat brains, electricity tariff has been increased twice in his short stay. fuel has been increased with a large percentage in his short stay. subsidy on fertilizers has been removed. subsidy on corruption has been removed and thereby making corruption a free for all games. have u bought fuel for the record price of 97 pump price even when those blabbing fools that gave rise to u were still young? even during the civil war in nigeria, did we have the record killings that we have had in his short stay? amsure if those blabbing fools of urs were victims of this madness in this country, u won't be here to insult my person.
nigerians from west, north and even asari dokubo are saying jonathan has failed and he shld resign. have u heard my name on any newspaper calling for his resignation? u represent nigeria very well because u sound to local and uninformed otherwise i will make u understand that in my whole life, i have contributed money for three transformers which by all standards are supposed to be phcn properties? outside nigeria, ppl don't know what a transformer is not to talk of owning or buying it in streets. things like u don't have know why such news are on air. barth and jonathan might be on their ways to increase the tarrif once again because nobody is complaining here.
i don't blame u so much because i am 100% convinced that u are simply ignorant but u can prove me wrong by answering those questions. i will be waiting.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Elueme: 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
GAR3TH:

But this is what I'm talking about that people pretty much give their favorite political office holder in nigeria way to much credit. You guys are acting as if GEJ is doing this all by himself. Upgrading the transmissions and distribution infrastructure has been in the works for close to a decade and the road to privatization of the power sector has been going on for a while. The NIPP projects, even though it had it hiccups, was still in development for years. I mean I understand that GEJ is your candidate of choice but don't let your love for GEJ blind you of reality, Somethings already took place before he took office. And its not just GEJ, you will see it with Fashola, Ameachi and other politician people love blindly.

BTW I'm not one of those people who blame or insult GEJ like you mentioned. I am simple a fact checker, I do it to the politicians I admire and to does I don't. There nothing wrong in investigating the truth.
Bros, ok nau, we don hear.. Na both GEJ and OBJ even YAR ADUA go take the credit.. Are u ok now?
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Funkymallam(m): 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
GAR3TH:

From what I remember reading OBJ was the one who commissioned the project and I also read that NIPP reached 75% completion during Yar'Adua's administration. During the present and past administrations the power plants was and still are under construction. But according to you, we should give GEJ all the credit even though he had nothing to do with the NIPP expect for being the one in office when it will be completed? That like the final runner in a relay race getting all the credit for finishing even though his teammates also ran with with the baton in the race.

My point is you and a few other people on Nairaland give GEJ waaaay to much credit. You also denounce and repudiate the positive things past administrations and opposition parties did. GEJ has projects of his own but not everything completed or commissioned by GEJ is made by him.

Lies in HD!
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by stint(m): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
This is mis-direction .this is Jonathan using virtual improvement in electricity to distract nigerias from the more important issue of security , from his failure to preserve the life of thousands of Nigerians that has died due to his mumunity.
its a pity our Government won't do their job but what is necessary to preserve their job .
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by stint(m): 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
This is mis-direction .this is Jonathan using virtual improvement in electricity to distract nigerias from the more important issue of security , from his failure to preserve the life of thousands of Nigerians that has died due to his mumunity.
its a pity our Government won't do their job but what is necessary to preserve their job .

PS. I would be disappointed if no one insults me for my opinion
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by olugbemi4u: 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
Whatever they say about Jaganba of Africa is sentiment and anger. The only state functioning in Nigeria today is Lagos, because of the legacy laid by Asiwaju there is no one in Nigeria that can match Tinubu’s achievement all of you that criticise him are mediocrities .Ondo state for example has potential to compete with Lagos in term of infrastructure and economy development. Mimiko has not use the so much wealth and potentials to attract any investor to the state. No single foreign direct investment and public private partnership, all we can see is inducing individual and group with cash to speak on his behalf over 400 million spent on declaration day economic wise this money can create job for 10,000 people not to talk of more than 500billion subvention excluding loan and internal generated revenue.

No single industries function in the state. The state that has the second largest deposit of bitumen in the world Iroko is not expose to attract investor to tap huge resource available in the state .

Ondo state has the largest level of unemployment in Nigeria. Akeredolu is on rescue mission. Mimiko is doing all these within is exposure and capacity not capable of delivery 21st century dividend of democracy. AKETI has travelled far and wide and has all it takes to transform the state within a short period of timeif given opportunity.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Funkymallam(m): 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
1025:

stop deceiving urself. jonathan SHOULD COME OUT BOLD and tell nigerians when we will stop improving and be stable like other countries of this world both the rich and the poor.
how come u always come here to celebrate over the word IMPROVING? how long does this improving take a nation? all these reports of 5 days un-interrupted electricity should come with ur location. i live here in ajah lagos and the supply here is better but what about those in imo state my state of origin? are ppl in contonou, ghana, abidjan or america still talking about improving? by the way, in 2008, those living in ajah area of lagos state will bear me witness that the supply was great then too. it is all about a round about movement that keeps sucking us of our national funds.
if we have the supply we are celebrating, we have a very large market here that every company of this world will be here without delays.
today, privatization, tomorrow, megawatts and the next day, winding up phcn. what is the real programme and project for this power supply?
did barth nnaji tell us how long it took nigeria to achieve this 4237 megawatts and what we had before he came on board. celebrants here must know if barth and joe took 2 years to achieve 5 megawatts and are targeting 9000 megawatts in the next 80 years.
i hate pdp and what ever they stand for because they treat us like goats and dogs.
nigeria has all it takes and many companies out there are waiting to be contacted so why are we not having electricity? if countries like china and india have steady power supplies as big as they are, why are we hell bent on improving?

And with all your intelligence GEJ should fix the 50yr power projects in 2yrs abi?
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Elueme: 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
Kobojunkie: [size=14pt]National Integrated Power Project[/size]

The NIPP was planned as a ‘Fast Track’ Project with 7 Power Stations conceived by the immediate past President Olusegun Obasanjo's Administration of the Federal Government of Nigeria to address the twin issues of low power generation and gas flaring from oil exploration in the Niger Delta region.

Power plants planned include:

1) Ihovbor Power Station Benin, Edo State with the capacity of 4 x 125MW

2) Calabar Power Station, Cross River State with the capacity of 5 x 125MW

3) Egbema Power Station, Imo State with the capacity of 3 x 125MW

4) Gbarain Power Station, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State with the capacity of 2 x 125MW

5) Sapele Power Station, Delta State with the capacity of 6 x 125MW

[size=13pt]Project Parties[/size]

Employer: Ministry of Energy (Power) Niger Delta Power Holding Company

Design Consultant: Lahmeyer/Otis Engineering (International/Local)

Project Consultancy: SeWa/AETS (APTEC Engineers Technical Services)- International/Local

EPC Contractor (BOP): Consortium of Marubeni Corporation of Japan and Marubeni (West Africa) Limited

OEM Contractor: General Electric Corporation of U.S.A

Commencement Date: 20th December 2005

Estimated Completion Date: 19th December 2008 (24 months Project Execution Period & 12 months Defect Liability Period) EPC Contractor (BOP)

[b]Commencement Date: [/b]16th February 2006 Estimated completion Date: 15th December 2007(22 months Project Execution Period)

This project was conceptualised as an intervention project to comprehensively address the state of electricity infrastructure in Nigeria. It is designed as a fast-track approach to improving the country‘s electricity power supply through the implementation of Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Gas Supply projects.

The main thrust of the project is the design, manufacture and supply of seven new Gas Turbine Power Plants with the provision for conversion to combined-cycle operation.
SeWa (previously STEAG Encotec West Africa) and APTEC were contracted as one of the Project Consultants of the Federal Government (Ministry of Power) for the power plants being built. The following are the services rendered:

i) Assist in EPC Contract Award

ii)Engineering design vetting

iii)Procurement Monitoring and Acceptance (FAT)

iv)Site erection supervision

v)Project management Owner’s Engineer duties

vi)Pre-commissioning and commissioning approval
vii)Technical support during Defects Liability Period (12 months)

Aptec Engineers Nigeria Limited (AENL)and Steag Encotec West Africa (SeWA) is the Consultant to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN)The parent body of the NIPP. PHCN started several power projects in 2004 to comprehensively address the state of the electricity infrastructure in the country with open cycle power plants. The Phase II Power Projects in Nigeria consisted of an extension of four Open Cycle Power Plants under construction to Combined Cycle plants.

After several technical studies were completed, the project changed course to increase power output and improve thermal efficiency. After several adjustments, the total additional Phase II power plant output will contribute to increase total generation in Nigeria by 2,430MW.
SeWa was also contracted as Consultant by Power Holding Company Nigerian (PHCN) for the extension to combined cycle of four plants built under Phase I.

The following are the services rendered:

Review of Contractor’s Technical and Financial proposals
Advise on adequacy of Contractor’s Technical proposal
Negotiate total Phase II budgetary price
Recommendation of Phase II Project Cost
Represent Client as Owner’s Engineer
Preparation of Contract Documents

The Ministry of Power working with various engineering companies is supporting this national presidential vision and initiative.
For clarification, SeWa and APTEC are individual companies sharing some management and financial resources. APTEC is incorporated both in Nigeria and UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Integrated_Power_Project
Ok nau, I have read your long epistle, still ruminating over your points or what you are trying to imply. Ok, you want to tell us that the projects didn't start with GEJ? We know that, save your saliva but may I ask you what about so many abandoned projects that were never revisited and resources wasted?
Let me take it from this angle, you said something about 2007 completion date, ok, maybe you are indirectly saying these projects were completed since then and GEJ has surreptitiously delayed the info so as to take the glory now.. Help us cos we can't fathom your blabbing.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by occam(m): 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
ubandire:

Jonathan should tell us in plain language that by 2013/14, X number of households across X number of towns will have 24/7 electricity. That's all. Trotting in out numbers on megawatts generated/to be generated or projects ongoing, completed yada yada is all noise.

We're all patriots of this country some of us just don't want to be blindfolded by soothing words. We still remember Jonathan's "Hit the ground running" speech 3 yrs age and are awaiting the results
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by GAR3TH(m): 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
Funkymallam:

Lies in HD!
NIPP projects reach 75% completion
http://www.businessdayonline.com/New/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3112:nipp-projects-reach-75-completion-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=565

The National Integrated Power Project (NIPP) was conceived in 2004
http://www.nidelpower.com/main/index.php

Elueme: Bros, ok nau, we don hear.. Na both GEJ and OBJ even YAR ADUA go take the credit.. Are u ok now?

No, I'm not happy because I know it will continue.....
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Funkymallam(m): 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
stint: This is mis-direction .this is Jonathan using virtual improvement in electricity to distract nigerias from the more important issue of security , from his failure to preserve the life of thousands of Nigerians that has died due to his mumunity.

Another conspiracy theory. U guys v got jokes! Bring dem on.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Funkymallam(m): 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
olugbemi4u: Whatever they say about Jaganba of Africa is sentiment and anger. The only state functioning in Nigeria today is Lagos, because of the legacy laid by Asiwaju there is no one in Nigeria that can match Tinubu’s achievement all of you that criticise him are mediocrities .Ondo state for example has potential to compete with Lagos in term of infrastructure and economy development. Mimiko has not use the so much wealth and potentials to attract any investor to the state. No single foreign direct investment and public private partnership, all we can see is inducing individual and group with cash to speak on his behalf over 400 million spent on declaration day economic wise this money can create job for 10,000 people not to talk of more than 500billion subvention excluding loan and internal generated revenue.

No single industries function in the state. The state that has the second largest deposit of bitumen in the world Iroko is not expose to attract investor to tap huge resource available in the state .

Ondo state has the largest level of unemployment in Nigeria. Akeredolu is on rescue mission. Mimiko is doing all these within is exposure and capacity not capable of delivery 21st century dividend of democracy. AKETI has travelled far and wide and has all it takes to transform the state within a short period of timeif given opportunity.

This way >>> Yaba L....
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by 1025: 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
Funkymallam:

And with all your intelligence GEJ should fix the 50yr power projects in 2yrs abi?

without ur own intelligence, that is not what am saying. what i am saying is this, every project has a timeline/limit. if you are building a house under a contractor, or govt projects have time frame. it is more important for us and the govt to know when nigeria and nigerians shld expect steady power supply.
how long are we going to remain in this improving levels. obj improved, yar adua improve and now jonathan is improving. give tony annineh or another pdp criminal power tomorrow, he will continue improving. come 2015, the champaign topic for pdp candidates will remain steady power supply. it is up to u to understand my position but i am not celebrating improving any more. nigerians have accepted increment in tarrif twice in a very short while based on the lies that we are having steady power supply on to end up on improving.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by kim77: 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
I could strongly remembered how OBJ Adminstration fooled millions on Nigerians including myself on stabilising power supply in the country after spending billion on so called power project across the country. It pains me each time i remember all the beautiful advert on media that time. But this time around i refused to be fool by anybody or GEJ administartion. Time will tell.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by 1025: 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
kim77: I could strongly remembered how OBJ Adminstration fooled millions on Nigerians including myself on stabilising power supply in the country after spending billion on so called power project across the country. It pains me each time i remember all the beautiful advert on media that time. But this time around i refused to be fool by anybody or GEJ administartion. Time will tell.

GBAM.
we have over paid for this and this steady power supply is long over due. pdp has dried us to the bone with the deceit of steady power supply. jonathan has been extorting us by increasing the electricity tariff twice in a very short while. we need this steady power supply.
as big as we are, no single multi national company is in nigeria just because we keep lying to ourselves over improving and achieving a record high.
if i become the president of nigeria tomorrow and increase the so called megawatts by 2 megawatts spending 500 billion dollars, won't nairalanders celebrate me as having achieved a record high in the history of nigeria. no one is asking how much it cost and how much the balance will cost.
sometime on this nairaland, we had about drop in supply as a result of drop in the ocean level abi? who is saying ocean no go drop again?
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by chucky234(m): 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
Nigerians are pathetic,they applauds without asking questions that's why we are still where we are today.
A govt that spent $25bn has recorded just 1,200MW of electricity in 24 months while Brazil spent $15bn to achieved 10,000MW of electricity,the power sector is a big failure with the amount already pumped into the sector with little to show for.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
There is massive improvement in the electricity sector, if you have not witnessed any positive change in your household, simply proceed to your nearest PHCN office and get it sorted out, its either you owe bills or your local transformer is faulty, in both cases, work with your local distribution unit to sort it out. I cant help you with that. But if you are living abroad, call your family back home and get the facts before commenting or shut the fvck up and come back home.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by KOMBE: 5:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
thumbs up for GEJ.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by kutchs: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
Kobojunkie:

A true Nigerian. grin
You are shameless, pray the evil u wish Nigeria does not become ur permanent portion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; / Allen Onyema: MASSOB Accuses Buhari Led-Government Of Persecution / Kano Court Fixes April 17 For Ganduje, Wife, Son’s Arraignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.