Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,239 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? (8611 Views)

Man Arrested For Abducting, Impregnating House Help / This Is What My House Help Did To Me / My Daughter Was Nearly Molested Yesterday By A Male Teacher! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by farous(m): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
A friend of mine came to my house yesterday and told me that he had little misunderstanding with his wife.Cause-the wife is nursing some months old baby and has suggested that they look for a house help to enable her have time and assist in domestic works.The husband and the wife are from different tribes and the wife want to bring a boy of 14-15 years who is from her tribe and has just finished his primary education.The condition is that they will be paying the boy monthly salary,besides the wife is a house wife as she has not been working since they married.My friend objected it and said that he prefer a little girl to male as house help.He told me that he wont feel conformtable hiring a boy of that age,and leaving him in the house with the wife while he goes to work,even though the wife said that the coming of the house help will give her time to be going out to look for what she can start doing whether business or to start working than always staying in the house.Whats your advice pls?
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by tpia5: 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
If the wife isnt working then why do they need a househelp?

8 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
D woman should try and convince d husband
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by sucezTP(f): 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2012
tpia@:

The exact question i've got on my mind!
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by farous(m): 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
@tpia
Somebody that will be assisting in domestic work and taking care of the baby,but more importantly for the wife to have time and start looking for what she will be doing,rather than staying idle in d house as house wife.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Johndoe100(m): 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
I have never had a female house help. My wife has always insisted on us having male help. I have found it a drag, but she prefers it. We do though have female relatives stay with us.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by sucezTP(f): 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
Johndoe100: I have never had a female house help. My wife has always insisted on us having male help. I have found it a drag, but she prefers it. We do though have female relatives stay with us.

Yeah! Relatives are better!

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
Why the need for a house help? Like seriously

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by tpia5: 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
farous: @tpia
Somebody that will be assisting in domestic work and taking care of the baby,but more importantly for the wife to have time and start looking for what she will be doing,rather than staying idle in d house as house wife.

if the baby is still young, then she should be able to do most of the housework herself.

is it actually safer to entrust your baby to a househelp?

well, if she's trying to get back in the job market quickly then i guess she might feel she needs one, if she cant get a relative (her mum, etc) to come over.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by EfemenaXY: 12:42am On Aug 14, 2012
Or maybe, she wants a male house help 'cos she doesn't trust her husband to resist temptation?

My only concern here is that a 14 - 15 year old is a child and should be treated accordingly. It would have been better if they sponsored his schooling rather than paying him a wage.

That way, he gets a shot at obtaining a decent education and possibly, better prospects too.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by UncleN: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2012
farous: A friend of mine came to my house yesterday and told me that he had little misunderstanding with his wife.Cause-the wife is nursing some months old baby and has suggested that they look for a house help to enable her have time and assist in domestic works.The husband and the wife are from different tribes and the wife want to bring a boy of 14-15 years who is from her tribe and has just finished his primary education.The condition is that they will be paying the boy monthly salary,besides the wife is a house wife as she has not been working since they married.My friend objected it and said that he prefer a little girl to male as house help.He told me that he wont feel conformtable hiring a boy of that age,and leaving him in the house with the wife while he goes to work,even though the wife said that the coming of the house help will give her time to be going out to look for what she can start doing whether business or to start working than always staying in the house.Whats your advice pls?

Tell your friend and his wife to get a 10 year old houseboy or housegirl none of them would be tempted to sleep with OR ISN't THAT THE ONLY SOLUTION! Lazy unexposed wicked people!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 14, 2012
If he's not a chronic village boy, your female children are not safe. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by cdamsel(f): 10:16am On Aug 14, 2012
sucezTP:

The exact question i've got on my mind!
am sure u missed d part where she said she wanted 2 start sometin or find a job?mtcheww
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:16am On Aug 14, 2012
I cannot believe women on this thread are suggesting that the nursing mother do house chores - shocked get a house-help, boy or girl it does not matter.
If it is a close relative, better. or the husband should call his mother to come and stay with them to take care of his wife.. some women on this forum are so domesticated when they here a dog whistle they SIT grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by damzigy: 10:27am On Aug 14, 2012
on d husband part it is advisable to get a female house help but also on d part of the wife it is advisable to get a male househelp. but all d way, they should trust theirself on d choice they make
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by aribisala0(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: I cannot believe women on this thread are suggesting that the nursing mother do house chores - shocked get a house-help, boy or girl it does not matter.
If it is a close relative, better. or the husband should call his mother to come and stay with them to take care of his wife.. some women on this forum are so domesticated when they here a dog whistle they SIT grin grin

No wonder Nigerian women are soo FAT.
Nursing mothers do house chores all over the world why is it different for darkies.
Is Nursing mother status a disease?
What stops them both from sharing house chores .
Will you allow your children to be househelps =skivvies. Whether we like it or not it is a form of slavery and is wrong.It is even illegal in Nigeria to employ children in that way.
In other words for us to live a normal life it is necessary to have child-trafficking.
What about those who can't afford this.
I strongly believe this is one of the reasons why Nigerian middle classes are so arrogant as they raise their kids thinking they are better than some or entitled to be served.
We need to spend some time and think where these househelps come from and what is involved.It is a fact that many are SOLD like animals and while we tell ourselves they have a better life with us than where they are coming from it changes nothing.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2012

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2012
This topic just reminded me of that video of a young boy beating little girls in a day care centre in the U.S.if u have access to the video, u better show ur friend to watch it.I guess that will discourage him to do so.why on earth do they need a house help for when the woman is a house wife? Some women are really funny I tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2012
rokiatu: Why the need for a house help? Like seriously
are u married?
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by DrChatNuff: 10:55am On Aug 14, 2012
......yeah man fi com bang UR ooman
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Dhelake: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2012
a relative should be better ... Employing a 14 yr old boi 4 a househelp job is more like child abuse .... This trend must stop
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by drzed: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2012
Efemena_xy: Or maybe, she wants a male house help 'cos she doesn't trust her husband to resist temptation?

My only concern here is that a 14 - 15 year old is a child and should be treated accordingly. It would have been better if they sponsored his schooling rather than paying him a wage.

That way, he gets a shot at obtaining a decent education and possibly, better prospects too.

I agree completely. I am against using people's children to do household chores WITHOUT educating them. Thats like killing their future today. For me, I will not only send them to school, I will still pay them. In terms of Age, I would advise one to get a boy/girl that is just a few years older than the kids so that he/she acts like (and is treated like) an elder brother/sister and not just a hired hand. Getting a hired hand (boy/girl) to do chores for you without investing in their future, is just child labour and child trafficking, IMHO.

@OP: Sometimes, the best compromise is to get a relative from the 'village' - that is for those who may cringe at the thought of paying school fees for a total stranger. At least sponsoring your own relative who helps daily in caring for your kids and doing household chores should be seen as a fair deal. A win-win situation.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2012
@op. Do u know d definition of child labour? And Who is a child? 14-15yr old is stil a child. Pls if u need a nanny employ an adult. I think d wife is scared of extra marital affairs arising. Its actually easier to groom a male than female, but d male may nt be able to handle d kitchen like a female. But i wil suggest he goes wit his wife. Since she is d one that wil spend most of d time wit him. To all married women pls make effort to treat ur house help well. I feel embarrassed seeing a classically dressed lady while beside her is a small girl dressed in a rag
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2012
@op. Do u know d definition of child labour? And Who is a child? 14-15yr old is stil a child. Pls if u need a paid-nanny employ an adult. I think d wife is scared of extra marital affairs arising. Its actually easier to groom a male than female, but d male may nt be able to handle d kitchen like a female. But i wil suggest he goes wit his wife. Since she is d one that wil spend most of d time wit him. To all married women pls make effort to treat ur house help well. I feel embarrassed seeing a classically dressed lady while beside her is a small girl dressed in a rag.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by MoAfrica: 11:02am On Aug 14, 2012
Surprise, surprise… that’s small boy is her son
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Chaydee(m): 11:05am On Aug 14, 2012
Efemena_xy: Or maybe, she wants a male house help 'cos she doesn't trust her husband to resist temptation?

And he gets expose to bigger things too (bad friends).

Am not against the schooling idea you suggest but letz look at this in different view.

I'll rather have my relative giving me trouble than an outsider.
This is very simple, don't get a househelp!@ Poster
And if you seriously need help, go for your relatives.

just my 2cents!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Maxdiamond(m): 11:07am On Aug 14, 2012
tpia@:
read d topic well.she said geting d house help wil giv her room 2 look 4 work or start business instead of sitting dwn at home.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by EmmyBoy2(m): 11:11am On Aug 14, 2012
MoAfrica: Surprise, surprise… that’s small boy is her son
. I might not totally agree with u, but thats some good thinking outside the box.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by swtchicgurl: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2012
for the sexual security of both, a male 14yr old house-help is better than a female of the same age, in terms of maturity.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by ariyebaba(m): 11:27am On Aug 14, 2012
House help is slavery to under-privileged and helpless children out there.

How will u feel,if u av been one ?

My father and mother never had an house help. We share the chores among our selves.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 14, 2012
Tell him to get a ROBOT
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 14, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? / I Need A Flatmate / Fairly Used Household Items For Sale In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.