Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership (14051 Views)

Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Cuts Ties With Biafra Group, IPOB / Man Applies For Buhari's Ministerial Position Through Newspaper Advert / UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by 9jaIhail(m): 10:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
A pro-Biafran group, Biafra Zionist Movement (BZM), has formally applied that Biafra be accorded the status of an observer member of the United Nations. Briefing newsmen in Enugu yesterday, President of the group, Mr. Benjamin Onwuka, said the application was submitted to the UN Security Council on August 6. Onwuka who said his group was working towards projecting Biafra to the economic community, noted that the move was the first of its kind since the struggle for an Independent State of Biafra. He disclosed that his group had also, through the African Union (AU) Secretariat in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, requested for a meeting of all AU heads of state and governments to be convened in Kampala on October 22.

Onwuka explained that with the application, the UN membership would give Biafra the recognition and support it had lacked since the republic was born on May 30, 1967. “The UN would now have the mandate and power to intervene, investigate and issue arrest against anyone who uses violence or force to kill Biafrans in their quest for self-determination.

“It would now be against international law for the Nigerian State, through its president, governors or security forces to use force to kill Biafrans either as individuals or groups.” The BZM leader disclosed that the application was based on the grounds that, “the security of life and property of the Biafran people were no longer guaranteed in the entity called Nigeria. “It is also clear that the right of the Biafran people to practice their religion and freedom of association is no longer safe and guaranteed in Nigeria.

“Therefore the people of Biafra have resolved that on November 5, 2012 we shall be re-declaring our independence and opt out of Nigeria in order that we Biafran people can guarantee and protect the Biafran peoples’ right to practice their religion without being bombed.” On the recent statement where MASSOB leader, Ralph Uwazuruike, dissociated himself from the declaration in November, Onwuka described him as one who had lost faith in the struggle. “We have information about him and his preference for Nigeria and her politics, so we are not interested in him or what he thinks. The struggle for Biafra is on and advancing; we are determined and we shall realise the dreams of our people.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/group-applies-for-biafras-un-membership/

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by OmoLisabi(m): 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by mrsheddy(m): 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hummmmmmm, GOD please let our DREAM come 2ru. I know one day we will surely get there. BZM don't b afraid of anybody okay??

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by belovedaja(m): 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
But if i can not trust uwazurike then i should not trust you either. You people are using the head of your 'umunna' to gain relevance.
GOD will judge you all.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by koruji(m): 4:32am On Aug 14, 2012
Zionist movement? Really?

Seeking freedom yet acting out the slave.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by 2mch(m): 4:50am On Aug 14, 2012
Igbo people and comedy plus drama. Lmao. Constantly trying to runaway from themselves and their shadow. Una no fit runaway from naija! Wasting resources that could be used to feed the less privileged to these UN protests. cheesy. Igbo people! Nigerians for life grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by Caseless: 7:17am On Aug 14, 2012
Let dem go abeg! They'v caused mor harm wt dz agitation dan gud. We colectively destroyed dis country and u want 2 opt out. By God's grace, ur dream wl com true if only we canot find d trace of hw ibos hav contributd in d dstruction,image tarnishin of 9ja

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by Caseless: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2012
Dz whole ethnicity, region vs region faceoff originatd frm dat selfish agitatn 4 biafra. Ibos hav along oda ethnic grps contributd 2 d growth in coruption and oda vises dat bedevild our dream as a nation. It sound immodest if they want 2 liv d wreckage

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by Caseless: 7:35am On Aug 14, 2012
An ibo man dat was brot up by ahmadu belo was dsame prsn dat kild him. They wer amng d pple dat kild balewa and ojukwu out of selfish intrest tuk 2 war jst because his junior in d army was pikd ahead of him 2 d H of S. as a reslt,so many pple died in dat war

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by Caseless: 7:43am On Aug 14, 2012
Ibos,in my opinion were among d architects dat design d structural shamble of a nation w'r livin in 2day as a pple,so wen it collapses we al must b buried under d rubble as dividends of contributin -vely in 1 way or d oda 2 d developmnt of nigeria. 1 9ja!
Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:12am On Aug 14, 2012
My fellow biafrans, lets try and ignore this people that hate us and at the same time want us to remain with them. @Op, this is a welcome development. I hope radio biafra london propagates this message to the world

16 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by RealMccoy2(m): 11:35am On Aug 14, 2012
caseless: Dz whole ethnicity, region vs region faceoff originatd frm dat selfish agitatn 4 biafra. Ibos hav along oda ethnic grps contributd 2 d growth in coruption and oda vises dat bedevild our dream as a nation. It sound immodest if they want 2 liv d wreckage
Habba Malam, na by force u want make I join Boko Haram? Your brother Farouk don threaten yoruba people and you want make we stand dey look? Abeg oh I no mind to dey buy Imported Suya from Arewastan for N100k provided no person go bomb my church for my beloved new country.

16 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by slimdiggi: 11:36am On Aug 14, 2012
Funny...'emancipate yourself from mental slavery' grin
Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by ebamma(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2012
biafrans can go take a hike who cares,since the inception of this country,this biafrans have not contributed any thing towards this country's development,from malaysia to dubai to australia to the uk,this biafrans have tarnished the image of our beloved country
Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by RealMccoy2(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2012
caseless: An ibo man dat was brot up by ahmadu belo was dsame prsn dat kild him. They wer amng d pple dat kild balewa and ojukwu out of selfish intrest tuk 2 war jst because his junior in d army was pikd ahead of him 2 d H of S. as a reslt,so many pple died in dat war

Why are your people that gullible? Must you have it all all the time? You wanted Sharia state and it was given to you, what else do you want? Your leaders that have come out in public to throw support for Boko Haram are they not selfish? Abiola that was imprisoned by Abacha and IBB were they not his friends? Thank God for internet, when ever you bring dummy to sell to us, all we have to do is to use google to check for fact....Bro make you start to look for ideas to better your region jore....Happy Ramadam Kareem

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by CeaserB: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2012
The Fear Of Tribalism Is The Beginning Of Unity.
The Love Of Tribalism Is The Root Of Chaos.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by ozoebuka1(m): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2012
We are sick and tired of managing this country-igbos-... hausas have the lowest rank of education in nigeria yet they occupy most of the governmental seats!!! about 85percent of cbn workers are from hausa, is that pathetic?... igbos abeg make una no mind these guys way dey preach for one naija because they are just trying to protect their own interest.. hausas are greedy monsterz!!! up biafra joor!

13 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by emsgray: 11:42am On Aug 14, 2012
oh God! please make Biafra a reality.
Amen!

10 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by Dreyl(m): 11:43am On Aug 14, 2012
There's nothin lyk hating dude its just the REAL fact,so get it on ur noggin.
Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by BarryX(m): 11:43am On Aug 14, 2012
I see reasonz to the venture.... Hope they get their acts together this time..!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by RealMccoy2(m): 11:44am On Aug 14, 2012
ebamma: biafrans can go take a hike who cares,since the inception of this country,this biafrans have not contributed any thing towards this country's development,from malaysia to dubai to australia to the uk,this biafrans have tarnished the image of our beloved country
why una dey fear? Na Biafran man wear bomb for underwear take wan bomb US plane? No be your brothers dey wan put naija for terror map? which negative image pass dat one? If una claim to be superior why una no fit stand alone? I can't wait to watch a friendly football match between Arewastan and Biafra.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by Morgan1092(m): 11:44am On Aug 14, 2012
Abeg mek d do gv us our Sovereignity Biafra, mek we liv 9ja wit dia BIKOHARAM bombing.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by Dreyl(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2012
CeaserB: The Fear Of Tribalism Is The Beginning Of Unity.
The Love Of Tribalism Is The Root Of Chaos.
i agree with u...
Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by ozoebuka1(m): 11:47am On Aug 14, 2012
ebamma: biafrans can go take a hike who cares,since the inception of this country,this biafrans have not contributed any thing towards this country's development,from malaysia to dubai to australia to the uk,this biafrans have tarnished the image of our beloved country
i just cant tell why your hardworking brotherz doesnt want to let go! biafrans brings shame to da country, why not let them have their independence so that u guys can move forward? abeg make una give biafrans their heart desires in peace so that their will be no war. thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by Morgan1092(m): 11:47am On Aug 14, 2012
caseless: Ibos,in my opinion were among d architects dat design d structural shamble of a nation w'r livin in 2day as a pple,so wen it collapses we al must b buried under d rubble as dividends of contributin -vely in 1 way or d oda 2 d developmnt of nigeria. 1 9ja!
May Kitikpa strike ur mouth dia includn odas talkn abt Ndi Igbo's contribution 2 ur suffering. Mtchewww

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by carzola(m): 11:47am On Aug 14, 2012
hungry igbos. who d Bleep iz biafra? even if nd wen nigeria is finaly broken in2 two wudnt lik such a disgustin name as my country.. nd y dnt we pray nd fight 4unity. abeg o.
Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by ayusman16(m): 11:48am On Aug 14, 2012
Wondering what will happen if all the Igbos in every part of the country should close shop and go back to their states to open them? who will buy?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by ozoebuka1(m): 11:49am On Aug 14, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

why una dey fear? Na Biafran man wear bomb for underwear take wan bomb US plane? No be your brothers dey wan put naija for terror map? which negative image pass dat one? If una claim to be superior why una no fit stand alone? I can't wait to watch a friendly football match between Arewastan and Biafra.
you are just on point!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by ebamma(m): 11:49am On Aug 14, 2012
BIAFRA =bold igbo antagonistic fools reacting aggressively

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by kachimmm: 11:53am On Aug 14, 2012
A lot of things have bee said in the past that men did not believe in, If you remain focused, undisturbed, steadfast and ready for the cation, You will succeed.
After jailing Mandela, some of his own people called him names (fool, HE wants to be a hero, You are stupid, etc.) am sure but today he is celebrated for maintaining his dreams and believe, He relied on his initial dream not the one people made him to believe. If truly you have gone this far, then words from even your own enemy is something to ignore.
I cherish it when people go for their dream. So many people live other people's dream. Who no like am make him go dream him own.[/color]
www.magickaydiary.
[color=#990000][/color]

Re: Biafra Group Applies For UN Membership by mrperfect(m): 11:53am On Aug 14, 2012
This is really an interesting one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chime Discharged From Wellington Hospital / New Postage Stamps Launched In Nigeria (Photos) / Osun 2018: Senator Adeleke, Extends Hand OF FELLOWSHIP TO ALL CONTESTANTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.