Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates (121750 Views)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / PRESSID Scholarship; List Of Successful Candidates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2012
whizkidy: you can never tell my dear. You can try and google PRESSID and you'll be surprised that this thread will be on the front page. Though there is less likelihood that they would do that. But I can assure you they have an agent here on nairaland.

Yeah, If one searches for the most updated information(news sorted by date) on the net using a key word such as "pressid scholarship" on google or other search engines, it may lead here because we have been talking here almost on a daily basis about Pressid because of the interest we have in it, regular news websites can't discuss pressid on a daily basis, They can't be interested in that, they'll only report the landmark events about it...
But as for me, whether they see what we post or have an agent here or not is not my major interest for coming here, but the opportunity that a forum like this provides for interaction with other people with like interests on this topic to share views on issues and share information as well and other benefits that an interaction of this nature can provide. In my own opinion, the purpose of our interaction here is not only just for them to see! (it's just my opinion, I could be wrong anyway)

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2012
13th Aug. a lot of beautiful gals(1st-class) came to writ PressId. Hmmm I bn tink say na ugly gals de read book oooo, abi NUC look passport screen dem as part of d criteria sinc de wil represent naija abroad Miss Ijanarado u'r one of thos fine inteligent gals am sure...inbox me ur contact or pin na, atleast lemme hav somtin to benefit frm PRESSID sinc am nt sure of anytin yet, we culd get married u knw? guys abeg na pressid joke oooo, ehen.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2012
pearlAdams: 13th Aug. a lot of beautiful gals(1st-class) came to writ PressId. Hmmm I bn tink say na ugly gals de read book oooo, abi NUC look passport screen dem as part of d criteria sinc de wil represent naija abroad Miss Ijanarado u'r one of thos fine inteligent gals am sure...inbox me ur contact or pin na, atleast lemme hav somtin to benefit frm PRESSID sinc am nt sure of anytin yet, we culd get married u knw? guys abeg na pressid joke oooo, ehen.
that was on a lighter note. Sincerely I saw some beautiful gals that day and cannot but conclude that nigeria is a blessed nation.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 7:21pm On Sep 02, 2012
whizkidy: that was on a lighter note. Sincerely I saw some beautiful gals that day and cannot but conclude that nigeria is a blessed nation.
Yes oooo my broda
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2012
pearlAdams: 13th Aug. a lot of beautiful gals(1st-class) came to writ PressId. Hmmm I bn tink say na ugly gals de read book oooo, abi NUC look passport screen dem as part of d criteria sinc de wil represent naija abroad Miss Ijanarado u'r one of thos fine inteligent gals am sure...inbox me ur contact or pin na, atleast lemme hav somtin to benefit frm PRESSID sinc am nt sure of anytin yet, we culd get married u knw? guys abeg na pressid joke oooo, ehen.
Hahaahah. Abeg no kee me wif laugh here biko. Hahaa

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
ijanarado:
Hahaahah. Abeg no kee me wif laugh here biko. Hahaa
Lol.no mind me...bt serously I pray we make it to d final list, guess we r both goin to Edinburgh

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by zzaacx: 8:22am On Sep 03, 2012
I believe what the NUC did with the list was good, mainly because the current situation in Nigeria is not stable, its getting worse by the minute. if it wasn't for zoning... Jonathan would be where he is today, Zoning came along during OBJ regime (yoruba), and even now the yoruba's are crying, because of lack of proper representation in the top levels of government due to some advisor of Jonathan. I believe if you can find a good chemist or doctor in the south, you will find someone equally as good in the north. All scholarship programs conducted by the federal government eg PTDF are all done on a state by state basis, only the Ministry of NIger delta concentrates on the South. Nigeria is not used to this new system jonathan wants to adopt. for the same reasons federal character commission was created.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 9:12am On Sep 03, 2012
It's Monday D̶̲̥̅̊ 3rd of September. Another day for constant checkin of www.nuc.edu.ng
May dis day mark D̶̲̥̅̊ end of our wait In Jesus Name ooo. AMI

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 9:21am On Sep 03, 2012
zzaacx: I believe what the NUC did with the list was good, mainly because the current situation in Nigeria is not stable, its getting worse by the minute. if it wasn't for zoning... Jonathan would be where he is today, Zoning came along during OBJ regime (yoruba), and even now the yoruba's are crying, because of lack of proper representation in the top levels of government due to some advisor of Jonathan. I believe if you can find a good chemist or doctor in the south, you will find someone equally as good in the north. All scholarship programs conducted by the federal government eg PTDF are all done on a state by state basis, only the Ministry of NIger delta concentrates on the South. Nigeria is not used to this new system jonathan wants to adopt. for the same reasons federal character commission was created.
As much as ur argument is reasonable, we all r tired of views n opinions rite nw. We jst want to see a list frm NUC. Shikena!!!
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Immortal1(m): 9:21am On Sep 03, 2012
Nice comments so far!
Just got 2 know about this thread & itz really exciting 2 see like-minds getting along well.
I was fortunate 2b wit Prof. Okogie sometimes last week & he clearly stated dat d selection process was 30% 4rm SSCE result & 70% 4rm d apt test. D list submitted 2d presidency comprised 25% on merit list(as in, best 25 scores) & 75% based on quota system(2 best 4rm each state). I guess everything shud have been sorted out if not dat d Presidency rejected d list & sed no sentiments shud be used in d selection process. I must confess, dis has increased my admiration 4d president; standing by his words.
From d 1st list submitted, I was told about 60% were 4rm d South West & South South, even wit d quota system used. I can only imagine how many percentage would come from same region wit d President's stance.
Gudluck 2 all candidates sha!

3 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nkematics(m): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2012
The Ambassador1: Guys,do you know anybody that applied for Aeronautical Engineering? kiss

Ambassador,it appears you applied for Aeronautical Engineering. That is what I studied in school (Aerospace Engineering), and subsequently applied for same in PRESSID. Where did you study?

For my friends here,how are you all doing? I wish you all a happy new month, and success in PRESSID. May God remove 100 from President Jonathan's dictionary of numbers and replace it with 449. Lets begin to thank God for doing it for us. If you don't have an international passport,go to the nearest customs office and get one. Get everything you might need for your visa and traveling ready because God is going to surprise us this week with the much waited good news. SEE U ALL AT THE TOP.
ЧУКВУ СЕЛЕСТИН НКЕМАКОЛАМ

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Immortal1(m): 9:28am On Sep 03, 2012
It would really be unfair 2 put all efforts in making a 1st Class & not be sponsored 4 post graduate studies. 2 me, dat is d only worthy reward I can get 4 my result. One luv.
4 those dat might not make it, don't lose hope. Get evry info u can about different sponsorships, u never can tell! Information is d key!!

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 9:31am On Sep 03, 2012
"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy."-Leo Buscaglia
ALSO,
"Worry gives a small thing a big shadow."-Swedish Proverb

So, DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY.
ALTHOUGH,
"The important thing is not to stop questioning."-Albert Einstein

I wish you all a great week. smiley
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2012
Nkematics:

Ambassador,it appears you applied for Aeronautical Engineering. That is what I studied in school (Aerospace Engineering), and subsequently applied for same in PRESSID. Where did you study?

For my friends here,how are you all doing? I wish you all a happy new month, and success in PRESSID. May God remove 100 from President Jonathan's dictionary of numbers and replace it with 449. Lets begin to thank God for doing it for us. If you don't have an international passport,go to the nearest customs office and get one. Get everything you might need for your visa and traveling ready because God is going to surprise us this week with the much waited good news. SEE U ALL AT THE TOP.
ЧУКВУ СЕЛЕСТИН НКЕМАКОЛАМ
I am sure with this last statement of yours, you had your undergraduate studies in ukraine.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2012
I wish Prof. went wit 2 lists, one as described by nkematics n d oda strictly on merit as instructed by GEJ. If GEJ disaproves one u bring out d oda and Bam! here we go. Anyways nice info nkematics
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 10:00am On Sep 03, 2012
Immortal!:
Nice comments so far!
Just got 2 know about this thread & itz really exciting 2 see like-minds getting along well.
I was fortunate 2b wit Prof. Okogie sometimes last week & he clearly stated dat d selection process was 30% 4rm SSCE result & 70% 4rm d apt test. D list submitted 2d presidency comprised 25% on merit list(as in, best 25 scores) & 75% based on quota system(2 best 4rm each state). I guess everything shud have been sorted out if not dat d Presidency rejected d list & sed no sentiments shud be used in d selection process. I must confess, dis has increased my admiration 4d president; standing by his words.
From d 1st list submitted, I was told about 60% were 4rm d South West & South South, even wit d quota system used. I can only imagine how many percentage would come from same region wit d President's stance.
. I don't want to raise this question, but in the previous quota system, what happens to states not represented or ones with only one candidate? *SMH*

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2012
pearlAdams:
As much as ur argument is reasonable, we all r tired of views n opinions rite nw. We jst want to see a list frm NUC. Shikena!!!

Mr. PearlADAMS: This one you also just expressed is also a view or opinion (specifically, your own). I guess it would have been more correct for you to say: "I am tired of views and opinions right now", You can't really talk for everyone else or be sure of their feelings, you can only be sure of your own. As much as I respect your right to your own opinion, I believe it is appropriate for you also, to respect the right that other people have to their own opinion as well. I think there is freedom of speech or expression in this forum (at least within an acceptable range). "Nairaland never complain sey dem pages don dey overused. Na people get dem money wey dem take dey browse". You also have a right to ignore what you don't want to read or see or not visit at all. People should be allowed to express their opinions, how long do we have left to spend here anyway before people find their "square root"?. All these I've just expressed is just my opinion anyway (I guess I'm entitled to mine). Thanks
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 10:23am On Sep 03, 2012
Immotal wher v u bn wit such vital infos, since u were able to b wit prof u can help wit answers to questions lik: who secures d admissions, NUC or candidates?

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 10:30am On Sep 03, 2012
Immortal!:
Nice comments so far!
@Immortal: pls can u do us a favor?? Pls be oppurtuned to meet Okojie aain today. Tell him about this thread and about worried nigerians. Some schools in uk started today nd US schools don start already.pls let dem release D̶̲̥̅̊ list anyhow and release some pple from bondage. Abeg I take God beg u. We go pay U̶̲̥̅̊я flight ticket

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2012
ijanarado:
@Immortal: pls can u do us a favor?? Pls be oppurtuned to meet Okojie aain today. Tell him about this thread and about worried nigerians. Some schools in uk started today nd US schools don start already.pls let dem release D̶̲̥̅̊ list anyhow and release some pple from bondage. Abeg I take God beg u. We go pay U̶̲̥̅̊я flight ticket
hahahaha. That's the height of desperacy
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 10:43am On Sep 03, 2012
Immortal!:
Nice comments so far!

Mr. Immortal: Nice piece of information. Thanks.
It was made clear by the president from the onset that "THIS SCHEME IS NOT ABOUT QUOTA", except that wasn't well understood by the committee, I don't even understand why they introduced quota into the selection process in the first place. There should have been no need for the president's rejection or any other of such controversies if the rules, regulations, instructions etc. were strictly followed and not contravened in any way. Please, don't get me wrong, I don't even know the one that would favour me most between using a criteria based on quota or a quota-free one. Notwithstanding I believe more in merit, even if it is the use of merit that would prevent me from making the list, I don't mind (I honestly mean this). "If you don't stand for something, you may fall for anything". MERIT IS WHAT I STAND FOR. Anyone who believes more in quota also has a right to believe in that.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 10:52am On Sep 03, 2012
PhatIon:
Mr. Immortal: Nice piece of information. Thanks.
It was made clear by the president from the onset that "THIS SCHEME IS NOT ABOUT QUOTA", except that wasn't well understood by the committee, I don't even understand why they introduced quota into the selection process in the first place. There should have been no need for the president's rejection or any other of such controversies if the rules, regulations, instructions etc. were strictly followed and not contravened in any way. Please, don't get me wrong, I don't even know the one that would favour me most between using a criteria based on quota or a quota-free one. Notwithstanding I believe more in merit, even if it is the use of merit that would prevent me from making the list, I don't mind (I honestly mean this). "If you don't stand for something, you may fall for anything". MERIT IS WHAT I STAND FOR. Anyone who believes more in quota also has a right to believe in that.
Don't mind those guys they CAVED in under pressure from ACF

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 10:52am On Sep 03, 2012
pearlAdams: Immotal wher v u bn wit such vital infos, since u were able to b wit prof u can help wit answers to questions lik: who secures d admissions, NUC or candidates?

...GOOD QUESTION...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 11:13am On Sep 03, 2012
Immortal!:
Nice comments so far!
don't worry guys , by the time all 100 names comes from a region, the president will be under pressure to sponsor all of us. LOL

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
whizkidy: don't worry guys , by the time all 100 names comes from a region, the president will be under pressure to sponsor all of us. LOL

I don't think all the 100 names would come from a region, but if that should happen, "the noise & pressure go plenty so tey, the man sef go weak"...Remember that the "grumbling" that even the shortlist which was claimed to be quota-free generated, was quite substantial & noticeable. This is understandable considering the fact that this is Nigeria, where, I think, merit is not something that is much believed in. Typically, merit is not a priority for most Nigerians (my personal generalized assumption). It's just not our way of life here. cheesy
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by xlyze: 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
I don't know about the quota as per state/region, but my opinion (which may sound selfish..hehe) is that d candidates should be selected based on the best from feilds of study. Because I thought that was d idea initially. What happens when say, 70 out of the 100 happen to come from the same general field...like engineering. The develpoment is meant to cut across feilds ain't it?? I don't see a reason why O level results shld come into it anyways.
Candid advice to u my dear friends, don't let pressid stop you from making d necessary decisions to move u further in ur careers. Cheers and happy new month!

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
Immortal pls now talk to us as u seen to be a reliable mouth piece in dis matter abi u dey Prof Okojie office right now
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
ijanarado: Immortal pls now talk to us as u seen to be a reliable mouth piece in dis matter abi u dey Prof Okojie office right now
Hahaha
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
ijanarado: Immortal pls now talk to us as u seen to be a reliable mouth piece in dis matter abi u dey Prof Okojie office right now
Hahahahahaha.lmao....immortal has bcom invisible, pls come bak tel us somtin na. BP de rise here o
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2012
I can`t stop cracking my ribs ooooooo.....laugh one kill me

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
pearlAdams:
Hahahahahaha.lmao....immortal has bcom invisible, pls come bak tel us somtin na. BP de rise here o
From Immortal, to Invisible..... hei. SO Monday yaf passed just like dat. It's not fair oooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Direct Entry Admission 2015 / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.