Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates (121747 Views)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / PRESSID Scholarship; List Of Successful Candidates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nanaiky(f): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2012

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Nanaiky: Hi guyz,hd to join nland cos of ds thread...amazing though....i guess d suspense is particularly high for southerners......but regrdless of the anxiety,..u guyz sim calm about it,guess u ad 70 and above...ad 65 frm Lagos...and really dnt knw wat to xpect...wish evri1 da best

Mr. Nanaiky: Welcome sir. Àwa t' èkó, arómisá lègbe lègbe!...lol... cheesy
...It's not having above 70 in that test that would make anybody that is calm right now to be calm, someone can have 95 and still be very worried (although I exaggerated with respect to the score, the person's worry may be for a different reason from that of someone that scored fifty-something or sixty-something)... I think being calm is much more about an individual's approach to life... I mean perceiving life realistically & not taking life too hard... Taking life easy (although not the same as being complacent) and understanding the fact that worry, does not solve any problem or improve the situation of things...
The chances are higher that more interested people will get to know about this thread if the discussion continues (at least, for as long as necessary) and the thread is kept alive with fresh posts & updates. Thanks to you all who have posted so far and have contributed to this interesting interaction even when you should be worried... I doff my hat for una o... LoL... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 6:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
ijanarado:
From Immortal, to Invisible..... hei. SO Monday yaf passed just like dat. It's not fair oooooo
Ah! Nt 2day again na...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
xlyze: I don't know about the quota as per state/region, but my opinion (which may sound selfish..hehe) is that d candidates should be selected based on the best from feilds of study. Because I thought that was d idea initially. What happens when say, 70 out of the 100 happen to come from the same general field...like engineering. The develpoment is meant to cut across feilds ain't it?? I don't see a reason why O level results shld come into it anyways.
Candid advice to u my dear friends, don't let pressid stop you from making d necessary decisions to move u further in ur careers. Cheers and happy new month!

Thanks... PRESSID shouldn't stop anybody who wants to move further from doing so... Anyone (me included) who doesn't make the list should learn whatever that can be learnt from the experience & have a good spirit of sportsmanship, and anyone who makes it should feel fortunate & be grateful & ready for new challenges. Having said that, I agree with your stance about selecting the best from each of the 6 fields or areas of specialization if their plan is to develop manpower in all the fields... Either way (general merit or field-based merit) it will favour some people to use one method more than the other... I guess that is how life is anyway...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
gzendo: Please help ask prof which day exactly we are expecting the list. So that we can just relax and wait for that day rather than getting tensed up everyday. The fact that we are all young is the biggest blessing for this group. If we were all above 60yrs, some persons may have developped serious High BP by now. Help ooo!!
Mr. gzendo: High BP kè? Over this issue kwanu? Haba! But if they had officially informed us of a day it will come out, that would have put so much pressure on them... Because if they don't meet up to the deadline, people would have criticized them much more than a case like this when they haven't made any official pronouncement of what is happening and nobody can hold them to ransome to produce the list at a specific time or date, I guess. smiley
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
My God am soooo gona miss u guys afta dis whole tin...kwesi-boadu(initiator) Ijanarado(my miss) wizkidy(my man) immortal(d invinsible) alikwaghe01(hide hide) Phatlon(talkative, I luv dis guy) Logbon72, Assyn, Xlyze, Nkematics, Sayo14, Truz, sawyer89, Pink boi, Wizzle04, Ambasador01, Zzaacx, Idmanzik, Gzendo, Masperano, GiantParrot...chai c names pple answer and all our GUESTS who wuld hide to c our comments buh won't say notin, I'd mis y'all. Someday we shal tak over Naija n correct all dis mess

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
ijanarado:
From Immortal, to Invisible..... hei. SO Monday yaf passed just like dat. It's not fair oooooo

...TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY kwanu...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
pearlAdams: My God am soooo gona miss u guys afta dis whole tin...kwesi-boadu(initiator) Ijanarado(my miss) wizkidy(my man) immortal(d invinsible) alikwaghe01(hide hide) Phatlon(talkative, I luv dis guy) Logbon72, Assyn, Xlyze, Nkematics, Sayo14, Truz, sawyer89, Pink boi, Wizzle04, Ambasador01, Zzaacx, Idmanzik, Gzendo, Masperano, GiantParrot...chai c names pple answer and all our GUESTS who wuld hide to c our comments buh won't say notin, I'd mis y'all. Someday we shal tak over Naija n correct all dis mess

You know I'm going to talk, right? smiley Thanks for the love, I love you too (#noHomo). Seriously, you guys have been great and wonderful, although I didn't know most of you before now, I'll miss you by the time we're through with this.. About correcting the mess, are you sure that if things are still this messy after completing the Ph.D. & returning to Nigeria to work for five years, that most people won't return overseas to continue their life after the 5-year bond, especially if they've been frustrated by the mess during the five years in the country? (if I'm being a little bit futuristic with that question, forgive me)
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
@PhatIon u know U̶̲̥̅̊я talk alone na 3pages of this chat. Kai. Sure'll miss everyone... Said I wasn't goin to come here till next tomorrow...But... Anxiety no gree me.
@Invisible pls office don close. Talk to U̶̲̥̅̊я guys now unto U̶̲̥̅̊я Today's discussion wif Prof. Okojie. Mtshew

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
PhatIon:
You know I'm going to talk, right? smiley Thanks for the love, I love you too (#noHomo). Seriously, you guys have been great and wonderful, although I didn't know most of you before now, I'll miss you by the time we're through with this.. About correcting the mess, are you sure that if things are still this messy after completing the Ph.D. & returning to Nigeria to work for five years, that most people won't return overseas to continue their life after the 5-year bond, especially if they've been frustrated by the mess during the five years in the country? (if I'm being a little bit futuristic with that question, forgive me)
Ofcours u wil tok.lol. Bt I luv ur objectiv approach to issues, bt I wona bliv wen these "best brains" return to naija, somhw de wil tak up beta responsibilty. Mind u 4get dat 5yrs bond tin, it won't work...hav u forgoten it stil naija we r tokin here?

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by xlyze: 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
@pearlAdams...I agree with you, I will miss this thread, but hey, who says it has to stop here. Y'all can always drop ur twitter, fb, etc usernames, if u so wish. It won't be badt. Make I no sound like pastor sha, but I saw a very bright future for our 9ja when I saw my mates @ Chams n somehow I had hope that Nigeria won't be totally lost with people like u guys. Pressid aside, I challenge us all to be great Nigerians to use d gifts we posses to make THE change we all yearn for. And one sure way to do this is to embrace God through His Son, our Lord Jesus, because @ the end of the day its all about His grace and His Mercies and His love. For really, it profits us nothing if we secure this whole world n all d degrees and lose our souls, our eternities. Y'all know where I am driving @ right?
God bless you guys...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
pearlAdams:
Ofcours u wil tok.lol. Bt I luv ur objectiv approach to issues, bt I wona bliv wen these "best brains" return to naija, somhw de wil tak up beta responsibilty. Mind u 4get dat 5yrs bond tin, it won't work...hav u forgoten it stil naija we r tokin here?

my point exactly, it's Naija... That's why we can't even be sure if the five-year-bond thing would work... It still emphasizes how messy, things can be here sometimes, policies are quite unstable...messy, messy, MESSY! I hope (Lionel) Messi's ears won't be perceiving or feeling (like people are talking about him somewhere) but of course, we all know that Messi isn't messy...lol... cheesy IF NAIJA WAS LIKE MESSI...

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
xlyze: @pearlAdams...I agree with you, I will miss this thread, but hey, who says it has to stop here. Y'all can always drop ur twitter, fb, etc usernames, if u so wish. It won't be badt. Make I no sound like pastor sha, but I saw a very bright future for our 9ja when I saw my mates @ Chams n somehow I had hope that Nigeria won't be totally lost with people like u guys. Pressid aside, I challenge us all to be great Nigerians to use d gifts we posses to make THE change we all yearn for. And one sure way to do this is to embrace God through His Son, our Lord Jesus, because @ the end of the day its all about His grace and His Mercies and His love. For really, it profits us nothing if we secure this whole world n all d degrees and have lose our souls, our eternities. Y'all know where I am driving @ right?
God bless you guys...
Ah! Naim I no add pastor to ur name? Correct, am Jesus Freak too...as 4 reachin each oda afta nw, u'r on point
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 8:30pm On Sep 03, 2012
PhatIon:
my point exactly, it's Naija... That's why we can't even be sure if the five-year-bond thing would work... It still emphasizes how messy, things can be here sometimes, policies are quite unstable...messy, messy, MESSY! I hope (Lionel) Messi's ears won't be perceiving or feeling (like people are talking about him somewhere) but of course, we all know that Messi isn't messy...lol... cheesy IF NAIJA WAS LIKE MESSI...
Hahaha, anyway 4 thos dat wil mak it tru...ther contribution to naija somday wil mak GEJ hav somtin to rememba in his regime

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by GiantParrot(m): 9:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
Although many people have been suspecting that quota considerations were the cause of the delay in releasing the PRESSID list, it is very sad and disturbing that their suspicions may actually have being true. Singapore was once considered an underdeveloped country like Nigeria but her government decided to adopt meritocratic measures and today can boast of being a developed country. Their belief in meritocracy is so strong that they named a website that gives information about their educational system the title: meritocracy0.tripod.com. It is very frustrating that foolish Nigerians cannot observe that our current system is DEFINITELY NOT working and that meritocratic systems definitely do work in all places where they are practiced. I sincerely hope that one day we would abandon mediocrity and incompetence promoting models like the quota system when making decisions in this country. Be not deceived, when the best people are not selected for positions in which they can actually contribute, we would never get the best results. angry

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
pearlAdams:
Hahaha, anyway 4 thos dat wil mak it tru...ther contribution to naija somday wil mak GEJ hav somtin to rememba in his regime

...issorai...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 11:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
GiantParrot: Although many people have been suspecting that quota considerations were the cause of the delay in releasing the PRESSID list, it is very sad and disturbing that their suspicions may actually have being true. Singapore was once considered an underdeveloped country like Nigeria but her government decided to adopt meritocratic measures and today can boast of being a developed country. Their belief in meritocracy is so strong that they named a website that gives information about their educational system the title: meritocracy0.tripod.com. It is very frustrating that foolish Nigerians cannot observe that our current system is DEFINITELY NOT working and that meritocratic systems definitely do work in all places where they are practiced. I sincerely hope that one day we would abandon mediocrity and incompetence promoting models like the quota system when making decisions in this country. Be not deceived, when the best people are not selected for positions in which they can actually contribute, we would never get the best results. angry

...WELL SAID SIR... I also think that, one of the reasons why we are where we are today is the lack of "meritocracy" in the Nigerian mentality. Strictly using merit may not favour an individual or group sometimes, but it gives the hope or assurance that if you work hard some other time (or for something else) to be better qualified, you will surely not be "cheated". That assurance alone is an inspiration to work hard always. But we prefer to believe more in sentiments... And I guess, it lead us to where we are currently, if where we are is good or bad? I leave that for everyone to decide... cheesy
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 12:39am On Sep 04, 2012
Even after all I've said about the imperfections of this PRESSID scheme, I still believe that it is:

"Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly."-Robert Schuller

PRESSID hasn't been perfect with everything it has done so far, nobody is, but we should appreciate the fact that, before now, there was nothing like PRESSID by the federal government specifically made to encourage and support first class graduates in the country with foreign scholarships up to Ph.D. level. A lot more can still be done, but having PRESSID (even if they plan to pick 100 instead of 449) is better than when it did not exist at all, it's something. Half a bread is better than _____? chin chin
...lol... cheesy
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by idmanzik: 4:58am On Sep 04, 2012
PhatIon:
Mr. Idmanzik: I really appreciate people like you; who look at life objectively, don't think that other people's success is a threat to them, who do not even mind assisting or encouraging other's success and who would not try to undermine first class honours degree holders because they're not, but actually appreciate them and wish them well. I didn't know you before now, but I believe that you have a great potential for success in you by virtue of the fact that you're not angry about other people's success. Like I said previously, I didn't know you before now, notwithstanding I have one great prayer for you straight from my heart, it is: MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND MAKE YOU VERY SUCCESSFUL WITH WHATEVER CLASS OF DEGREE YOU GRADUATED WITH (AMEN).

PhatIon, thank you very much for your prayer. I pray you also be among the top 100 in the PRESSID scholarship. God bless you!!!

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nkematics(m): 5:32am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2012
idmanzik:

PhatIon, thank you very much for your prayer. I pray you also be among the top 100 in the PRESSID scholarship. God bless you!!!

...Thanks, may God bless you too... .smiley
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Chiown(f): 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2012
It's funny how each time I hear huge amounts of money in whatever currency owned by anyone, I immediately think "scholarship". I just want to go to school mahn! Uba and co claiming 15 million dollars, Ibori's money seized.. etc.. Hi President Jonathan, Pls can y'all just use just a tad bit of all em looted funds and send some of us to school? Please.. Let my brain not waste away..in a bank somewhere in Nigeria... Bust Pressid, Just one wealthy man in Nigeria can fund all 449 of us... just my humble opinion.

Research is the bedrock of development .. ask the developed nations.. Invest in the development of 449 First class Nigerian graduates and let them research and develop Nigeria in 5 years or more......
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
Chiown: It's funny how each time I hear huge amounts of money in whatever currency owned by anyone, I immediately think "scholarship". I just want to go to school mahn! Uba and co claiming 15 million dollars, Ibori's money seized.. etc.. Hi President Jonathan, Pls can y'all just use just a tad bit of all em looted funds and send some of us to school? Please.. Let my brain not waste away..in a bank somewhere in Nigeria... Bust Pressid, Just one wealthy man in Nigeria can fund all 449 of us... just my humble opinion.

Research is the bedrock of development .. ask the developed nations.. Invest in the development of 449 First class Nigerian graduates and let them research and develop Nigeria in 5 years or more......
tell them my sister
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Chiown(f): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2012
Just to add.. In America, youths are almost coerced to go to school via various incentives such as scholarships .. black youths are practically begged to go to school (Brown university). Noone cares for a post-grad.. Just go to school and then if you choose 2 further towards a post grad education, you are regarded highly and funded.. It's only in my father land that graduates (irregardless of class) who desire an education are not supported and entertainment is supported.. tomorrow now "THEY" will invite "50 cent" for one "concert" and they'll pay him 10 peoples scholarship money.. and use another 10 peoples schplarship money to organize the show.

Then, all these companies will be asking for masters graduates, PhD holders, 20 years experience .. when a first class holder for 5 years has totally deviated from his field just to keep body and soul together.

Train a passionate graduate and he/she will create innovations that will in turn create jobs for Nigerians.. and put Nigeria on the radar. PRESSID, please fund all 449 of us. The Federal account is capable. Just make CBN print more notes!

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2012
Chiown: Just to add.. In America, youths are almost coerced to go to school via various incentives such as scholarships .. black youths are practically begged to go to school (Brown university). Noone cares for a post-grad.. Just go to school and then if you choose 2 further towards a post grad education, you are regarded highly and funded.. It's only in my father land that graduates (irregardless of class) who desire an education are not supported and entertainment is supported.. tomorrow now "THEY" will invite "50 cent" for one "concert" and they'll pay him 10 peoples scholarship money.. and use another 10 peoples schplarship money to organize the show.

Then, all these companies will be asking for masters graduates, PhD holders, 20 years experience .. when a first class holder for 5 years has totally deviated from his field just to keep body and soul together.
Train a passionate graduate and he/she will create innovations that will in turn create jobs for Nigerians.. and put Nigeria on the radar. PRESSID, please fund all 449 of us. The Federal account is capable. Just make CBN print more notes!
Print more notes? Just like that? What happens to your knowledge of basic economics? It doesn't work that way o my sister. Let's just pray that among the 500 that would be selected next year some who wouldn't make it this year but passed should be included.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
grin
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
Chiown: Just to add.. In America, youths are almost coerced to go to school via various incentives such as scholarships .. black youths are practically begged to go to school (Brown university). Noone cares for a post-grad.. Just go to school and then if you choose 2 further towards a post grad education, you are regarded highly and funded.. It's only in my father land that graduates (irregardless of class) who desire an education are not supported and entertainment is supported.. tomorrow now "THEY" will invite "50 cent" for one "concert" and they'll pay him 10 peoples scholarship money.. and use another 10 peoples schplarship money to organize the show.

Ms. Chiown: Welcome ma! Although I think that, in a very rational economy, all sectors or industries (even entertainment) should be given the desired attention required for the growth and development of the country, but my problem with the case of Nigeria is about the way & manner we go about funding these sectors & our inability to have the right priorities. I think a lot of this country's problem has to do with prioritization. Even if (and that is "if" ) there is a need to bring foreign artistes to Nigeria to boost our pedigree in entertainment, why should they be paid higher amounts than they get paid anywhere else in the world? Is that to show that we have sufficient money that should be spent lavishly? Some of the foreign artistes (AKON for example) sometimes confess that Nigerians pay them higher amounts to perform than other countries they've been to. Even the attitude of some Nigerian youths is quite questionable, I have no problem if anyone who can afford to pay for a show attends it, but why should some youths borrow 5000 or 10000 naira sometimes just to pay to attend a show when they actually can't afford it? I think it's not just the government alone that can't set right priorities, even the youths as well. So, it's more serious than just the government, even the followers & leaders of tomorrow haven't always been too inspiring either. May God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2012
MobilePunch: NUC cautions states over overseas scholarships http://www.punchng.com/news/nuc-cautions-states-over-overseas-scholarships/

NUC! NUC!! NUC!!! How many times did I call you? Are you sure this isn't envy or jealousy? ..."States, make una ride on jàre, no mind them"... grin

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Chiown(f): 11:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
@ whizkidy, "print more notes" was for humour purposes .. I hope you have a basic understanding of humour too

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 7:23am On Sep 05, 2012
Chiown: @ whizkidy, "print more notes" was for humour purposes .. I hope you have a basic understanding of humour too
yes maam. God will help us all

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 7:26am On Sep 05, 2012
PhatIon: MobilePunch: NUC cautions states over overseas scholarships http://www.punchng.com/news/nuc-cautions-states-over-overseas-scholarships/

NUC! NUC!! NUC!!! How many times did I call you? Are you sure this isn't envy or jealousy? ..."States, make una ride on jàre, no mind them"... grin
wanted to post it yesterday too. They are ashamed already.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:55am On Sep 05, 2012
"...We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?..."-Marianne Williamson

On this note, I say: GOOD MORNING to you all! Have a great day! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Direct Entry Admission 2015 / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.