Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates (121753 Views)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / PRESSID Scholarship; List Of Successful Candidates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by zzaacx: 8:03am On Sep 07, 2012
the list coming out is an issue, however there are more concerns for people whose names make the list.... especially if you have an idea of how hard it is to secure an admission into the listed school... talked to a friend of mine in the US... he said the scores you require to get into the university are high, Some take 1 year just to prepare for the GRE exams others Two years.... for those planning to enter for there PHD, Work de your hand... keep in mind your research area must add knowledge to the area ur studying... trust me is not an easy thing to come up with a proposal... as to the requirements of the universities stated... I dont think the nigeria government can secure admission for 100 students in those schools mainly because most of the schools in the list have a deadlines to collect all applications then compare and select the best students as they have limited seats available.. so my fellow comrades the fight is just beginning... cause ur not just competing with those who make the list but also with all other applicants who are applying for the same program as you.... its easier to get admission to a taught masters program, however some might be interested to pursue their phd programs straight (its an opportunity why not take it)... so they start looking for admission into a Mphil/PHD program not a taught masters.. however due to competition some university only take students with already taught masters program already. so basically every one can chose what path best suits him... some can even start to look for admission on other universities and try to apply for the ptdf scheme starting in October but you admission first before you can apply for that one (its all about keeping ur options open, not all eggs in one basket)..

for the list yet to be published, we are all Nigerians, the longer the list takes the more likely it would not be based on merit, as you all know we have cabals even in NUC... and the cabals have candidates... lol... so the more delay the more pdp that will occur... its sad...

3 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 8:12am On Sep 07, 2012
pearlAdams: ahh guys r loosin faith! Bt wait wait are u serous abt d "revised shortlistin criteria" tin?
If someone can tell you that a scheme is for first class graduates who have completed their youth service as at the end of may this year and later changed it to those who can provide evidence they would complete the program by october this year, what do you expect? Let's practice what we preach.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 8:18am On Sep 07, 2012
@All, Goodmorning. Guyz! Why do u think d selection committee continuously bend d selection criteria b4 d aptitude test? At first, it was only grad of 09/10 and 10/11, now they went as far back as 07/08. B4, No NYSC cert, don't apply; now, apply if u can get d NYSC cert by october.
These are plans 2 accommodate more of their candidates.
NOW, it takes almost a month to select 100 worthy candidates...hmn..I guess their candidates doesn't make d merit list as against d presidential directive..Short of words!

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 8:46am On Sep 07, 2012
My opinion is that WAEC was introduced to confuse you and I who did very well. Such that if their candidates who didn't perform very well in the test get selected eventually, they would tell those who want to ask questions that he/she performed very well in his/her WAEC.*SMH*
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 8:47am On Sep 07, 2012
My opinion is that WAEC was introduced to confuse you and I who did very well. Such that if their candidates who didn't perform very well in the test get selected eventually, they would tell those who would want to ask questions that he/she performed very well in his/her WAEC.*SMH*

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 9:01am On Sep 07, 2012
Well spoken, Mr zzaacx, Sayo14 n Wizkidy...remember NUC is against exporting Cultists to foreign skus, mayb investigations r on for those of us who were cultist bak in sku.lol. Wetin I wan tok again na, hmmm dnt knw wat to bliv anymore

3 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2012
@PearlAdam...I don't really know what 2 believe too...Many of my close contacts once told me dt they can vouch on d integrity of Prof. Julius Okojie...they said, he doesn't undermine merit...this gives me high level of optimism in d scheme....NOW...I'm more than confused...

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 10:00am On Sep 07, 2012
Sayo14: @PearlAdam...I don't really know what 2 believe too...Many of my close contacts once told me dt they can vouch on d integrity of Prof. Julius Okojie...they said, he doesn't undermine merit...this gives me high level of optimism in d scheme....NOW...I'm more than confused...
hmmmm...and who knows mayb d list of dis 100 has bn ready since, n wat NUC is findin dificult is d negotiation for positions wit d skus for these 100 befor releasin d names, we can't realy tel...cos am beginin 2 feel dis delay is beyond politics or wat we r tinkin

3 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 10:42am On Sep 07, 2012
Is this PRESSID scheme a serious agenda of the federal government? Is it on the list of their priorities? If releasing just the list is taking this long, how long will releasing money (funds) take? Wouldn't anybody, who finally makes the list need to pray twice or thrice harder than he/she did before making the list so that this attitude of delaying things doesn't continue? Or are they trying to ensure that everything is ready (including the funds) before releasing the list? Could that be the reason for the delay?
Anyway,

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."-Aristotle

...Let's see what happens next week...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 11:06am On Sep 07, 2012
zzaacx: the list coming out is an issue, however there are more concerns for people whose names make the list.... especially if you have an idea of how hard it is to secure an admission into the listed school... talked to a friend of mine in the US... he said the scores you require to get into the university are high, Some take 1 year just to prepare for the GRE exams others Two years.... for those planning to enter for there PHD, Work de your hand... keep in mind your research area must add knowledge to the area ur studying... trust me is not an easy thing to come up with a proposal... as to the requirements of the universities stated... I dont think the nigeria government can secure admission for 100 students in those schools mainly because most of the schools in the list have a deadlines to collect all applications then compare and select the best students as they have limited seats available.. so my fellow comrades the fight is just beginning... cause ur not just competing with those who make the list but also with all other applicants who are applying for the same program as you.... its easier to get admission to a taught masters program, however some might be interested to pursue their phd programs straight (its an opportunity why not take it)... so they start looking for admission into a Mphil/PHD program not a taught masters.. however due to competition some university only take students with already taught masters program already. so basically every one can chose what path best suits him... some can even start to look for admission on other universities and try to apply for the ptdf scheme starting in October but you admission first before you can apply for that one (its all about keeping ur options open, not all eggs in one basket)..

for the list yet to be published, we are all Nigerians, the longer the list takes the more likely it would not be based on merit, as you all know we have cabals even in NUC... and the cabals have candidates... lol... so the more delay the more pdp that will occur... its sad...

I expressed a similar concern previously about securing admission into the top 25 universities in the world. These schools are highly competitive... In fact, "competitive" may be an understatement, they are not "hungry" for students, Admission is not a joke or something to be taken for granted if positions were not previously negotiated, our first class honours degrees alone, may not automatically guarantee instant admission over there like it almost always would, if it was here (I mean in Nigerian universities), because Nigerian universities respect us already & know our value but they, over there don't really know & would require us to earn our respect again.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by xlyze: 11:12am On Sep 07, 2012
I agree with Sayo14, on the integrity of Prof Julius, however, people's integrity are often severely overshadowed and undermined by the inherently corrupt system that we have entrenched in our national existence. if not that the "quota syndrome" has eaten deep into our politics, one would expect that the list should have been out the same week of the exam. However it is blatantly clear that the scheme might be for next year. Hopefully the top 25 schools will have January intakes if not, we will have to wait for one full year for the scheme which is a bit unfortunate.however i am fully convinced that 100 first class graduates of Nigeria will get first class post graduate education. Whatever protocol they choose to employ in their selection I know some people will benefit. And if not for anything, the subsequent sets of graduands have a hope and our undergraduates will have another source of motivation.and for all these, i am hopeful and HAPPY. At least a fraction of Nigerians, albeit negligible, will take a bite of the national cake even if the bite is only a piecemeal at best, compared to what the politicians are swallowing.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 11:15am On Sep 07, 2012
Guys Guys Guys.. Pls I'm tired of laughing. Naija is dead period... So let's focus on next year. Commonwealth is out nd so are odas comin out small small. It's only a miracle dat'll deliver us

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 11:17am On Sep 07, 2012
xlyze: I agree with Sayo14, on the integrity of Prof Julius, however, people's integrity are often severely overshadowed and undermined by the inherently corrupt system that we have entrenched in our national existence. if not that the "quota syndrome" has eaten deep into our politics, one would expect that the list should have been out the same week of the exam. However it is blatantly clear that the scheme might be for next year. Hopefully the top 25 schools will have January intakes if not, we will have to wait for one full year for the scheme which is a bit unfortunate.however i am fully convinced that 100 first class graduates of Nigeria will get first class post graduate education. Whatever protocol they choose to employ in their selection I know some people will benefit. And if not for anything, the subsequent sets of graduands have a hope and our undergraduates will have another source of motivation.and for all these, i am hopeful and HAPPY. At least a fraction of Nigerians, albeit negligible, will take a bite of the national cake even if the bite is only a piecemeal at best, compared to what the politicians are swallowing.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

...I CONCUR...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by wizzle04: 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
Hmmm. I greet evry1 o. Men n Women of Timber and Calabar lyk I wud alwayz say. There is no more tym 2 rub powda 4 chicken again o. Let's just move on wif ourlives and leave uncle Julius plus him committee people to keep delayin d list. It is said dat turnin around wil nt place d buttocks in front, it stil remains at d bak. Naija go stil b Naija. Lolzz!

4 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by assyn(m): 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
xlyze: I agree with Sayo14, on the integrity of Prof Julius, however, people's integrity are often severely overshadowed and undermined by the inherently corrupt system that we have entrenched in our national existence. if not that the "quota syndrome" has eaten deep into our politics, one would expect that the list should have been out the same week of the exam. However it is blatantly clear that the scheme might be for next year. Hopefully the top 25 schools will have January intakes if not, we will have to wait for one full year for the scheme which is a bit unfortunate.however i am fully convinced that 100 first class graduates of Nigeria will get first class post graduate education. Whatever protocol they choose to employ in their selection I know some people will benefit. And if not for anything, the subsequent sets of graduands have a hope and our undergraduates will have another source of motivation.and for all these, i am hopeful and HAPPY. At least a fraction of Nigerians, albeit negligible, will take a bite of the national cake even if the bite is only a piecemeal at best, compared to what the politicians are swallowing.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
hmmm well said.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2012
Guyz! Just like other most recent opinions...Lets move on with life...FORWARD EVER...BACKWARD NEVER...Many better opportunities lies ahead of us...For me, I'm almost through wt another scholarship plan as I already hv a Professor in Australia who his keenly interested in my research proposal...At least, If we're not valued in our fatherland, we should be valued in a foreign land where they recognize excellence...
On this note...Pls, check out 4 INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH SCH. IN AUSTRALIAN UNIS'

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
Just to add to my recent post...You must hv a good toefl score (93+) and a research proposal of an international standard...U wl be applying 4 a Masters by Research which is d highest grade masters in d world( just like a phd)...this is meant only 4 a first class honors grad...All Australian uni offer ds sch and many other sch that are meant 4 masters by research...Deadline is almost near 4 most uni bt some stl hv oct 15 and even jan as their deadline...Australia is really a big research world...EXPLORE IT

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by kwesiboadu: 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2012
Sayo, Abeg, i fit apply with IELTS scores?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2012
@Kwesi-boadu...Yes bt some do prefer toefl. You can check 4 d schl's English requirement b4 applying...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by kwesiboadu: 11:15pm On Sep 07, 2012
What of GRE scores?
Pls my area of interest is Molecular Biology --GENOMICS
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 4:23am On Sep 08, 2012
"Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors."-African Proverb
Conversely, turbulent seas make skillful sailors... smiley
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 7:05am On Sep 08, 2012
@All, Welcome 2 another blessed day. @kwesi-boadu, u don't need a GRE score 4 any of d universities in Australia. Try 2 develop a good research proposal in ur area of interest(GENOMIC). I also applied 4 MSc in Quantitative Genetics and Genome Analysis in Edinburgh 4 PRESSID. With a very good research plan, I've been offered admission@Edinburgh bt na PRESSID dey delay...Good 2 know dt we hv d same area of research interest...Wishing u d very best...

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by alikwaghe01: 10:20am On Sep 08, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, I've some questions to ask.how many of you were given automatic offer to serve in your various Universities? What happened to this policy that, a first class graduate should be given automatic offer in his/her varsity? Why is our "ivory towers"turning to a political institutions? I believe if they can give all the first class graduates offer in their various Universities, we can develop ourselves to affect our society postively! What do we do about this? Let's proffer recommendations!God bless Nigeria!!
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 10:58am On Sep 08, 2012
@Alikwaghe. YES....Good talk...To start with...From which university did u graduated from...?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 11:10am On Sep 08, 2012
Well in University of Nigeria, D̶̲̥̅̊ Policy is still being upheld somehow. I was absorbed immediately after service sha
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nkematics(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2012
My case is quite different and complicated. I graduated from National Aerospace University,Kharkiv,Ukraine. The school and Ukraine in general do not give white-collar jobs to foreigners,and they didn't even care to reconsider me based on the fact that I emerged the best graduating student in the faculty of airplane and helicopter design. When I came back to Nigeria for my youth service at Nigerian College of Aviation Technology,Zaria,I was not absorbed as an instructor for not possessing Nigerian License in Aircraft Maintenence.....a license they have made so difficult for one to obtain by raising their six months preparatory course fee higher than 1million naira(where can I get that kind of money?). The politics involved is much,my friends. I just pray that NUC will introduce Aerospace Engineering into N U curriculum as they have been making some effort to do so since last year;and in that case, it would be easier for me to be employed as a lecturer in any of the universities that may offer the course. It hasn't been easyoooo. Nigeria can kill one's talent and dreams if one isn't very careful,and this is one of the reasons why most people are striving to leave the country for good, while those who are already outside have resolved never to come back to the country. May God help us.

https://www.facebook.com/Nkematics

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by alikwaghe01: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
@ Sayo14,I graduated from Adamawa State University.based on my findings at the venue PRESSID test, quite number of first class holders responded to have been rejected to serve in their various varsities in Nigeria. I was also made to understand that the "University management" in Nigeria would preffer to take their 'families and friends' with 2.2 and third class who cannot deliver than to employ their first class holders. NUC and FG have a lot of assignment and homework to do in achieving quality education in Nigeria. I wish NUC could have an interview with some of us!God bless our hustles!

3 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 3:09pm On Sep 08, 2012
I can't xpress hw much I appreciate all intellectuals in this forum...The current divert in our discussion is indeed a product of d good-will that u fellow compatriots have, 4 ds noble country...@Alikwaghe, thanx 4 introducing ds issue, but its more of a resultant influence of our outrageous politics on our education system....Its really a complicated thing in my university....I don't know how 2 explicate my ordeals...Just wishing 2 find myself in a better place...maybe, elsewhere outside ds country...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by sawyer89: 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
@Sayo14. Please Bro, what does it takes to have 90+ in TOEFL? I'm planning writing soonest.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by xlyze: 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2012
@alikwaghe (hope I spelt it right)it is true what u heard about employing first class graduates automatically, most schools don't but many others do. I was retained immediately after nysc @ University of Nig Enugu campus. However 2 school mates that I saw @ d test venue from a different faculty said that both of them were not absorbed. So it boils down to a number of things including who or what d HOD or Dean is like and also the relative number of academic staff. Most universities management like to employ those from depts which grossly lack lecturers citing unavailabilty of funds in terms of monetary approvals n all what not, needed to employ new staff. So d bottom line is that things are not the way they should be in 9ja.

Meanwhile, I must add that I envy ur profession...w "holy" envy...that was one of my dream courses in secondary sch, but somehow life happened n I found myself in Med Lab Sciences and here I am. But don't give up, I know something good will come out of it, both pertaining to ur license and ur postgraduate.

Shalom. Meanwhile I hail una...every body u know urselves. I love this thread!

Y'all can follow me on twitter @xlyze...I'll def follow back...hehe.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nanaiky(f): 12:43am On Sep 09, 2012
To buttress wat alikwaghe and xyle wrote abt,...my University UIbadan in fact my dept chm is more dn saturated with lecturers nd cant absorb ppl @ present.a scholarship scheme ws just implemented last yr for msc funding of 1st graduates starting from '10/11,..which I am nt part of ('09/'10)....so actually depends on sch and dept.......to you all, lets keep our dreams alive.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nanaiky(f): 12:55am On Sep 09, 2012
@sawyer89....cracking TOEFL is nt so hrd,the reading and listening part is wat an o'level student can handle,..but i implore u to take the speaking sec seriously during practice,..didnt do dt,felt dt no matter wat i wud av s/tin to say,..it backfired and i ad my lowest score in it,bt for the writing sec,..a normal essay,..i beliv quite simple,..just a normal me dont like write ups,...over all hd 92 regardless of my shortcomings...practised for 5wks....i wish u d very best...best advice,dnt overlook d 4 sections.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (44) (Reply)

Direct Entry Admission 2015 / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.