Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? (7672 Views)

Have U Ever Slept With A Guy Or A Girl U Met On The First Day? / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Who Have U Met On This Forum/section?., And Who Would U Love To Meet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2008
Personally yes, I can.

What folk don't realise is, marrying someone you met on the net, is no different from marrying someone you met in say, a bar, social event, work etc.

If you met someone you'd chatted to / spoken to online / phone, and you felt you wanted to take things further, obviously you'd meet somewhere. At this stage, you're at the stage where you'd be even if you'd never touched a PC in your life.

If after meeting, you both felt confident enough, then you could have a few meetings, meals, then start dating in earnest.

If you met someone at a social gathering, you wouldn't just marry them, you'd date for a while. So, it doesn't matter where I met a lady, I could marry her, if we "clicked".

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by naijadiva2(f): 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2008
Siena:

Personally yes, I can.

What folk don't realise is, marrying someone you met on the net, is no different from marrying someone you met in say, a bar, social event, work etc.

If you met someone you'd chatted to / spoken to online / phone, and you felt you wanted to take things further, obviously you'd meet somewhere. At this stage, you're at the stage where you'd be even if you'd never touched a PC in your life.

If after meeting, you both felt confident enough, then you could have a few meetings, meals, then start dating in earnest.

If you met someone at a social gathering, you wouldn't just marry them, you'd date for a while. So, it doesn't matter where I met a lady, I could marry her, if we "clicked".

i'll have to agree that you have some good points but sometimes explaining yourselve over the internet is a lot harder than meeting the person in person. for example, they may explain the way they look to you one way but when you see them face to face, you're like damn.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by TheSly: 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2008
Topic!

Maybe!! cool
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2008
I may sound shallow, but first impact is what matters to me. I need to be charmed by his looks before I can develop any other feeling!
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by almondjoy(f): 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2008
Siena:

Personally yes, I can.

Yes Milord!!!!

You have to date for a while like you would if you met by any other means. I recommend dating for at least 2 years before getting married.

michelin89:

I may sound shallow, but first impact is what matters to me. I need to be charmed by his looks before I can develop any other feeling!

Don't you like a little mystery in the whole process? When you finally exchange photograghs, you would have had an idea if it is a "workable" occurence.

I love the chasing and chatting part more than the physical encounter itself, since once you cross that line and become intimate, things kind of dip a little like you are on the "Texas Cylone" or something------- then struggle for legitimacy afterwards.  So keeping the internet thing going prolongs the doomsday of saying goodbye if things to not work out.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 07, 2008
almondjoy:

Don't you like a little mystery in the whole process? When you finally exchange photograghs, you would have had an idea if it is a "workable" occurence.

I had a crush on my first guy as soon as I saw him. Later, our way of contact moved to the phone. I already had an idea of what he looked so adding other aspects was just natural. The love kept increasing.

I first had my first contact with my ex through phone and I didn't feel him when we met. In fact, i got fed up and broke up.

i had other crushes but I never dated these guys (part of the life of an adolescence). They all charmed me at first sight.

Since i know myself and know what i like, I won't waste time trying to experiment mystery.

Just saving time and energy.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by quinofhart(f): 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2008
@topic
stranger things have happened. to question, my answer is NO. I won't even get involved that way to start with, i am too old fashioned tongue
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by mrpataki(m): 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2008
almondjoy:

Happy new year mrpatkaki. I am thrilled we are beginning to understand ourselves better on Nairaland. That gives me nothing but effervescent pleasure. tongue

That is where you are wrong. "Agbaya love" is the sweetest of all loves. With "Accent" seasoning abi na "Mrs Dash"!!!! kiss I will continue collecting numbers of "worthy" fellows who do not "kiss and tell" tales when they are not "in the mood" anymore.

Not for marriage though. We forbid more than one marriage per person in my village. So na only for Nairaland runs!!!!! cool

My bad Happy New Year to you too. kiss Glad to set it good with you on this new note tongue Remember keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. tongue cheesy

Take am easy for all youngies looking for love on the internet oh. What happens on Nairaland stays on Nairaland! cool

Hope to meet you in the Politics section soon. cheesy
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 08, 2008
mrpataki:

My bad Happy New Year to you too. kiss Glad to set it good with you on this new note tongue Remember keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. tongue cheesy

Take am easy for all youngies looking for love on the internet oh. What happens on Nairaland stays on Nairaland! cool

Hope to meet you in the Politics section soon. cheesy

Are you sure, Mr Pataki? wink
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by mrpataki(m): 12:24am On Jan 08, 2008
Siena:

Are you sure, Mr Pataki? wink
Actually I meant in terms of nairaland battles. If you find love on this site, sure you can take it beyond the walls of nairaland. cool

Hope this sets me in the clear now?

How you doing?
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 08, 2008
Mr Pataki, I'm good, thanks. Hope life's treating you and the missus ok?
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 08, 2008
@post
hmmmmmmmmmmmm undecided
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by ssRhino: 4:24am On Jan 08, 2008
Yes, i can
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by manoy(m): 1:18am On Jan 12, 2008
i will
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Spice4luv(f): 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2008
I am glad to inform you all that we just did our church wedding here in the U.S. on the 16th of Feb. and it was a huge success. Our family members and friends came from different part of the state. I am now a legally married woman in the U.S. I wish all internet lovers good luck on the love life and pray it should be of a huge success soon.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2008
:d :d ;d :p :d :d
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by pahtahkee: 12:52am On Feb 22, 2008
Siena:

Mr Pataki, I'm good, thanks. Hope life's treating you and the missus ok?
Very well. Guess you are tending to be right these days. embarassed How are you and Miss doing? Been a while I spoke with you. Give you a call very soon hopefully.

In case I do not get to call soon, I will be in your former hood very soon. But I do try to give you a call of the details of my stay.

Stay blessed brother.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Spice4luv(f): 3:19am On Mar 16, 2008
Yes i can, sometimes love is found in the least expected places, i don't think the timing matters, the quality of a relationship is not determined by the amount of years involved, i have seen many cases of people who have dated for many years and after breaking up, in just a few months they met the love of their lives and got married to them, as a matter of fact, i now shun long relatioships, it seems to give room for flaws, the good thing about internet dating is that since there's no physical contact, the feelings are  more mutual, you both know that you are not after each other for sex, you talk more and get to understand a lot about the person before meeting him or her, and when you eventually meet, getting along wont be difficult.

You are definately right
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 3:36am On Mar 16, 2008
yes and no and yes and no and yes and no and. . . .
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by tpia: 4:55am On Mar 16, 2008
@ topic: I seriously doubt it.

too many shockers and way too much uncertainty. 

never say never, really, but I dont think I'm that adventurous. I admire those who are. Dem try.

I just dont have the guts. undecided
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by tommyex(m): 12:30pm On Mar 16, 2008
Sure

I can marry any responsible person from anywhere,even Mars cheesy
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by zignor(m): 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2008
,even Mars

This is serious cheesy grin grin
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by McOmo(m): 12:14pm On Mar 17, 2008
I certainly will marry a Nlander . . .watch out, e fit be u o grin grin
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by pahtahkee: 5:42pm On Mar 17, 2008
Mc Omo:

I certainly will marry a Nlander . . .watch out, e fit be u o grin grin
God forbid! angry grin

What position would she be taking up Alhaji? grin
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by tommyex(m): 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2008
This is serious

Yes now

God forbid

Jeez!!,u been wan yab am?
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by nuttygal(f): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2008
@ topic
its nothing wrong but it goes beyond pix and sweet calls if the guy comes hom let ur friend take time to know him let them court for like 9mnths .then if she is still satisfied wif him ,let her carry on.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by quiet(f): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2009
@ topic: True it works for some and not for others; there are 2 sides to a coin.
Personally, I CAN.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by og2bigj: 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2009
To some is ok but i don't see it ok, i see the person as a coward and unsocial. To me i can never consider it.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by chines4(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2011
@Poster how old are you. And I equally have cause to believe that u'r jobless or are u on leave.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by rasadin: 7:54pm On May 22, 2015
good........
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by limamintruth: 8:02pm On May 22, 2015
Sure, why not?
The internet is also a good medium for bringing people together.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Erny1990(m): 7:12am On Dec 20, 2018
Yes ofcourse....
I can date a girl frm the internet..are they not humans? First get to meet and kwn these persons moreover,dating pple you meet at a club, bar or in church service is same like those on the internts..they'r not spirit..

For me...it's a big YES...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Those Little Things You Guys Do That Annoy Us Girls / How Would U Feel If Ur Wife Did This / Is My Girlfriend Playing Me ? (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.