Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,323 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND (7194 Views)

Speak Your Mind: My Experience And My Mistake / Snoring And Chewing While Sleeping...share Experience And Solutions / What's Your Definition Of A Good Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 6:26am On Aug 15, 2012
True Friends are very rare!!
Horror gripped the heart of the World War I soldier
as he saw his lifelong friend fall in battle. Caught in a
trench with continuous gunfire whizzing over his
head, the soldier asked his lieutenant if he might go
out into the “no man’s land” between the trenches
to bring his fallen comrade back.
“You can go,” said the lieutenant, “but i don’t think it
will be worth it. Your friend is probably dead and you
may throw your life away.”
The lieutenant’s advice didn’t matter, and the soldier
went anyway.
Miraculously he managed to reach his friend, hoist
him onto his shoulder and bring him back to their
company’s trench.
As the two of them tumbled in together to the
bottom of the trench, the officer checked the
wounded soldier, and then looked kindly at his friend.
“I told you it wouldn’t be worth it,” he said.
“Your friend is dead and you are mortally wounded.”
“It was worth it, though, sir,” said the soldier.
“What do you mean; worth it?” responded the
Lieutenant.“Your friend is dead.”
“Yes, Sir” the private answered. “But it was worth it
because when I got to him, he was still alive and I had
the satisfaction of hearing him saying,
“Jim…, I knew you’d come.”
Many times in life, whether a thing is worth doing or
not, really depends on how you looks at it. Take up
all your courage and do something your heart tells
you to do so that you may not regret not doing it
later in your life. May each and every one of you be
blessed with the company of TRUE FRIENDS. A true
friend is one who walks in, when the rest of the
world walks out. War doesn’t determine who’s right.
War only determines who’s left.

SHARE YOUR DEFINITION AND EXPERIENCE OF A TRUE FRIEND.

8 Likes

Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 6:40am On Aug 15, 2012
I have had bad friends and believe me when I mean bad friends, I mean friends who are worse than Lucifer.

But over time I realized people are only envious and wished they were you and in your position and as such will go any length to try and drag one down.

I have had the BEST of friends in this world. Friends who have taken crap from me. Who have accepted me in my worst, who have covered my flaws, and who have deffended me when it was obvious I was wrong.

At this age and stage I still have a secondary school son (just a year my junior in school and 3years younger in age). Who doesn't only still call my bros, but carries my items, does domestic work for my and even offer to get things for me from the market and all. This is a young man with a fiancee who is building his second house (so you can imagine how financially comfortable he is) and also insist his fiancee calls me 'uncle' (considerying I am just a few years older).

Have friends (males) who if I don't want any lady doing my cooking if I am too tired, can always call them to come do it for me and they always oblige.

Call up friends to send me recharge cards when stuck in a meeting or in bed at night is never a biggie. Or tell them to order shawama or pizza to be delivered to me.....

Friends who never hide business deals or money making venture from me.

I might have few TRUE friends but I must confess, I am extremely lucky with the sort of (male) friends I have and for my female friends, they a one in a million.

5 Likes

Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 15, 2012
Good write up! Very difficult to find a real true friend though.
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 9:01am On Aug 15, 2012
Una be fool: Good write up! Very difficult to find a real true friend though.

Look really deep and inward.
In a thousand friends there might just be ONE 'true friend'.
At times true friends are not even found in strangers but rather within our own family. My Best Friend is my sister.
The only thing she doesn't know her those naughty things I do behind closed doors and drawn down curtains.

1 Like

Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 15, 2012
Great stories.

Five-star thread.

1 Like

Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 10:03am On Aug 15, 2012
Yield: Great stories.

Five-star thread.

Thanks Love.
That's if the bad belle people will not purposely create a 'cartoon' section and toss it in there.
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by slimyem: 10:28am On Aug 15, 2012
i have had friends and i have had friends and i still have friends...
I don't know if i can really qualify anyone as true though....
Good friends..maybe!
But TRUE??
That's such a big word!
...maybe because i haven't found a reason or a platform to test their friendship...
But TRUE friends are RARE...TRULY RARE!
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by IZUKWU(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
Friends ,true friends . Not sure i have any. Making friends or having friends or even being friends to any person , i must say i have not paid attention to that and till now i don't know how to make friends ,not any how friends ,those are a dime a dozen but friends that stick through thick and thin. I envy people who do.. How i wish i do. I must confess ,it cost me especially at the university.

2 Likes

Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
The ONLY advantage of having a few friends is to press 11digits (or less) on your phone and get somebody call someone that knows somebody who will do that thing for you.

Being someone that people easily loved but 'wasn't' such a friendly person as I was too choosy I had to start loosening up when I started getting hold and needed to get somethings done.

Don't get me wrong, I am not using my friends rather I do more favours but there's nothing as good as having people who can get things done for you faster.

1 Like

Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nice one!!!
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
Wizee: Nice one!!!

Thanks.
But won't you want to share your own experience on your friends?
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by BrandKing: 5:28am On Aug 17, 2012
I have seen a friend Donate his kidney to his childhood friend in Malta. That's the definition of a true friend.
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by cindyrella(f): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2012
Nice thread.
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
cindyrella: Nice thread.

Thanks
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by Mynd44: 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2012
acidtalk:

Thanks
Dude what's up? How's your hustle?
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mynd_44:
Dude what's up? How's your hustle?

Hey pali i dey kampe.
You no even send NIPOST to ask after me. you bad gan oh!
Hope you are doing fine?
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by Mynd44: 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
acidtalk:

Hey pali i dey kampe.
You no even send NIPOST to ask after me. you bad gan oh!
Hope you are doing fine?
I dey. I have been around on NL. Just reading comment but not replying save for once a while when I can't resist. Hope you have been good though.
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mynd_44:
I dey. I have been around on NL. Just reading comment but not replying save for once a while when I can't resist. Hope you have been good though.

Na your people ban me oh!
We dey joh!
Just warming up for 2015 to go and empty the National Treasury and put Nigeria up for sale.

1 Like

Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by Mynd44: 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
My people? Why you no tell me make I help you plead? My YIM add is on my account incase you need to chat offline
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by dubem3(m): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2012
u know, true friendship is one thing that displaces the concept of brother or sister cos apart from the blood linking part, there are seldom any brother or sister that could meet up with the deeds of a true friend, (thats if you find one).
Basically what one gets out of friends is what one puts into them. The level of trust you personality can hold, the conditions in which given the oppurtunity, you would stick ur own head out for them.
I have had my self stay in one state and do things in a couple of other states (feeling like a superman). I have had people almost suffocate me with loving... When u find those set of people, ur a lucky man.

1 Like

Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 11:36am On Aug 27, 2012
dubem3: u know, true friendship is one thing that displaces the concept of brother or sister cos apart from the blood linking part, there are seldom any brother or sister that could meet up with the deeds of a true friend, (thats if you find one).
Basically what one gets out of friends is what one puts into them. The level of trust you personality can hold, the conditions in which given the oppurtunity, you would stick ur own head out for them.
I have had my self stay in one state and do things in a couple of other states (feeling like a superman). I have had people almost suffocate me with loving... When u find those set of people, ur a lucky man.

Very Lucky indeed.
Some people will live their entire life without having a single true friend while very few will live without experiencing betrayal from a supposed friend.

Which ever one a person finds himself/herself, one should always remember that life is too short and as such never live ones life hating those who have hurt us when someone somewhere is ready to do anything to experience our friendship and love.
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 27, 2012
I dare say, I need no friends!. angry

1 Like

Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 11:47am On Aug 27, 2012
Legit1: I dare say, I need no friends!. angry

You mind sharing your experience on why you think so?
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2012
acidtalk:

You mind sharing your experience on why you think so?
I don't think so, I have learnt so.
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by bknight: 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2012
Here's hoping all of us looking for d perfect true friends are a true friend to at least someone else.
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by richyblink1(m): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
A true friend is one who understands ur past,believes in ur tomorrow & accepts u today just the way u are.
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2012
bknight: Here's hoping all of us looking for d perfect true friends are a true friend to at least someone else.
I am the Naughtiest, Most Stubborn, Most temperamental, and most impatient friend one can have, but above all flaws, I am the person who so many people confess they can never let go because TRUE FRIENDS likw my person takes a life time to find.

Theirs just that giver, consoler, carer, lover, comforter, sharer and listener which is just too difficult to find.

The Bottom line is always be yourself.

Some people find it too hard to open up on their true self thereby pretending for years and expecting too much from people only to always get dissapointed.

Once people get to know me deep they hardly ever let go because my strengths always makes up for my numerous flaws.
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by dubem3(m): 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2012
@ legit, friendship involves trust and let me tell you what trust is: its the ability of knowing that you could be hurt if you open up but opening up nontheless believing that you won't be hurt. You may call that foolishness but thats where what acidtalk's advice comes in- be urself. When u are being yourself, there is this automatic balance that u strike even without knowing it. When to stick out your head, when to dodge, when to play the fool and when we do fall how to stand up tall learn the derivable lesson and move on with life.
BROTHER, YOU NEED A FRIEND!!!

1 Like

Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by yuzedo: 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2012
Yield: Great stories.

Five-star thread.

#BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

"Jim. . . I knew you'd come back". . cry Please allow me come back and comment after I've recovered from that soul-stirring line; after I have treated these everlasting goosebumbs, I will share properly. cry
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 7:24am On Aug 28, 2012
dubem3: @ legit, friendship involves trust and let me tell you what trust is: its the ability of knowing that you could be hurt if you open up but opening up nontheless believing that you won't be hurt. You may call that foolishness but thats where what acidtalk's advice comes in- be urself. When u are being yourself, there is this automatic balance that u strike even without knowing it. When to stick out your head, when to dodge, when to play the fool and when we do fall how to stand up tall learn the derivable lesson and move on with life.
BROTHER, YOU NEED A FRIEND!!!

You understood me 100%
Friendship like LIFE itself is all about taking risk.
But some people are too scared to take risk in anything thereby just existing rather than living.
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by MMM2(m): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2012
A good friend is dat guy u drink alcohol with in d nite & when d both of u re tipsy u go fu ck ashawo or carry her day break. cool cool
Re: Experience And Definition Of A TRUE FRIEND by acidtalk: 8:16am On Aug 28, 2012
M M M: A good friend is dat guy u drink alcohol with in d nite & when d both of u re tipsy u go fu ck ashawo or carry her day break. cool cool
I will suggest 190, Mr cork,and Lefulefu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Body Count Truly Matter For Girls? / Man Disgrace Slay Queens Dancing Without Bra & Cloth At A Party,Chase them out / Plumber Caught Masturbating Before Using Se x To y On Himself During Work (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.