Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,505 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? (9643 Views)

See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited... / Nigerian Anthem Sang Before South-Africa's Anthem in Capetown / Nigerian Anthem Before American Anthem, Guests Tell Obaigbena, Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by manny4life(m): 5:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva: @manny4life I'm not working towards being an American. Nothing can change my Nigerianess. What i want to know is why and how the America anthem could have an effect on me and not the Nigerian anthem.

Nothing wrong with with dual citizenship... believe me, a blue/green passport have it's own benefits. It has effect on you because of how the circumstance surround the creation of the song. If you read further into history, when America was attacked (if I'm correct in Baltimore), by the British, in 1804, the Poet who wrote this national anthem (a lawyer by profession) was taken aboard their ship by the Britain, records claimed that when the bombing was over, America stood their grounds and did not shake. That was how that song came into existence and wasn't adopted till 1937.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by freecocoa(f): 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
I don't know the wordings but i know the rhythm. I even downloaded it to my laptop, lol.
Hehehehe Nna kedu mgbe e takiri ogwu malaria last?grin
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
freecocoa: Hehehehe Nna kedu mgbe e takiri ogwu malaria last?grin
lol Yesterday actually
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by manny4life(m): 5:41pm On Aug 15, 2012

Sis, you wicked o...lol grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by chucky234(m): 5:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
Afam where you dey even hear them sing Yankee national anthem wey dey move you,abi na those ones wey you dey see for Commando films.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by odehaj: 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva: For some reason, whenever the Nigerian anthem is being played i just don't feel anything. But whenever the US anthem is being played, it moves me. I get close to tears at times. Mind you i've never been to the US in my life. Why don't i feel anything when the national anthem of Nigeria is being played? Even the South African anthem moves me.
you are write. not that I hate d Nigerian anthem, but I'm more moved by d south Africans'. I even know d lyrics,d writer,d composer, d year, no.of countries that sing it etc..I have never bothered to research on that of ours.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Tattooboy: 5:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva: For some reason, whenever the Nigerian anthem is being played i just don't feel anything. But whenever the US anthem is being played, it moves me. I get close to tears at times. Mind you i've never been to the US in my life. Why don't i feel anything when the national anthem of Nigeria is being played? Even the South African anthem moves me.
wow! Just like me. If there is one thing i'm not proud of it's gotta be being a Nigerian. I really dont care what anybody thinks.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by coogar: 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
Is this how you got a visa to the UK? No wonder you defend that country with all your life. Your life without the UK can only be imagined in fiction. I just hope you did not take your criminal instincts with you to London.

so have you seen me with any thread saying i loved uk anthem more than the nigerian anthem?
instead of you toget busy with the biafran anthem, you are deluding yourself with the american anthem?
afam, when would you stop wearing your arse on your head?

before we know it now afam would become alfred....oloshious fellow!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by chucky234(m): 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
lolz the malaria never finish for Afam body ooo,him need Lonart nor be dat fake amala wey him dey buy for mama Nkiru chemist.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
coogar:

so have you seen me with any thread saying i loved uk anthem more than the nigerian anthem?
instead of you toget busy with the biafran anthem, you are deluding yourself with the american anthem?

You don't have to say, your actions speaks volume of your appreciation of the opportunity given to you by the British. You even said once that you'll worship the Queen if need be. Tufiakwa gi. I'll advise you to open your azz and be free.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by freecocoa(f): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
lol Yesterday actually
Ngwanu jisi ike just make sure that e completiri the prescribed dosage, o ezigbo nwanne'm.cheesy
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by chucky234(m): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
coogar:

which be Biafran anthem again,make we extract that Yankee anthem comot for Afam brain before you introduce Biafran anthem oooo
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Rhino5dm: 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2012
On a more serious note, am beginning to pity you.

First, you said you want to represent Nigeria in next Olympics, thinking that the US is going to host it, a desperate plan you carefully construed to enable you escape on touching JFK:; I quickly reminded you that the next games is taking place in south America and chances are you may end up in Mexican jail should you try to cross through southern boarder.

Now, you came with another poorly crafted plan of dissing Nigeria thinking that will fetch you US visa after consuming a mid sized bottle of Alomo bitters? shocked

Give it up, bro!

afam4eva:
How's your yahoo yahoo business doing? How many people did you dupe this week. More maga to your elbow sir.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Rhino5dm: 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
You wicked oooo. choi!! grin

freecocoa: Ngwanu jisi ike just make sure that e completiri the prescribed dosage, o ezigbo nwanne'm.cheesy
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by coogar: 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
You don't have to say, your actions speaks volume of your appreciation of the opportunity given to you by the British. You even said once that you'll worship the Queen if need be. Tufiakwa gi. I'll advise you to open your azz and be free.

show me where i said so, afam the americana!

chucky234: which be Biafran anthem again,make we extract that Yankee anthem comot for Afam brain before you introduce Biafran anthem oooo

the yankee anthem can't be retrieved. afam has been bitten by the american black widow! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
coogar:

show me where i said so, afam the americana!
I'm really happy for you. I wonder what your life would have been life if the British did not give you the opportunity to be a human being. Dude, you got luck on ya side. Just don't provoke them into deporting you oo because they're renovating our prisons so that criminal returnees will have an abode.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by coogar: 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm really happy for you. I wonder what your life would have been life if the British did not give you the opportunity to be a human being. Dude, you got luck on ya side. Just don't provoke them into deporting you oo because they're renovating our prisons so that criminal returnees will have an abode.

deportation is only meant for illegal aliens like yourself....
sadly for you, that does not apply to me.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by emsquare(m): 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwokem... Na American Visa & Greencard you dey find dey do you so... angry

E dey like one babe wey as soon as she open UK Visa application Website, she get Janded accent!!

We sabi una type!!

grin

Lmao!
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
coogar:

deportation is only meant for illegal aliens like yourself....
sadly for you, that does not apply to me.
How can i be an illegal alien when i've never left Nigeria in my life. It's people like you who crossed the Mediterranean see that are illegal aliens.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
...must be the melody. I personally prefer the melodies of the Israeli, Italian, Brazilian, German, English, American, and Turkish national anthems to that of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm not like the guy that ::sad{(sand)})::: a song with which he was requesting for a visa. I'm serious.
#Godiswatchingyou grin
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Wonderdee(m): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
u too funny, if no be say i sabi speak pidgin na american i for be cuz i get american accent yet i dey feel naija anthem die
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by badmrkt(m): 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
mek una leave d guy abeg,em dey dream big. but @op this na symptom of acute malaria so the earlier u treat am the better for you.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2012

Because America and South Africa are nations in the true sense, while Nigeria isn't.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by jereal(m): 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
don't mind all of them bashers...! I suggest you trace your ancestry, there must be an American lineage somewhere...

also make sure you salute the red-white-blue whenever you see it flying...! CAPTAIN AMERICAgringringrin
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by jspac(m): 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
That's what happens when you hear one national anthem a 104 times.
Afam don't watch the next olympic.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by coogar: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
How can i be an illegal alien when i've never left Nigeria in my life. It's people like you who crossed the Mediterranean see that are illegal aliens.

stop lying...
what about your trip in 2009? when you were found by in a luggage @ jf kennedy airport.
now you are feigning innocence that you have never left nigeria all your life?
may amadioha impregnate you with 4 albino midgets.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Richiy(f): 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
Music is music nd it cn touch any1, bt my ish is dat the title of the thread is badly constructed. Op, u cn do beta.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
Attacking afam4eva is unnecessary lol.
I think it has to do with the beats and lyrics. i.e I like Canadian anthem than USA's anthem.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by semid4lyfe(m): 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
ArQueBusieR: ...must be the melody.

I agree. . .The South African National Anthem has the best melody IMO
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
Richiy: Music is music nd it cn touch any1, bt my ish is dat the title of the thread is badly constructed. Op, u cn do beta.
Don't blame me, blame the mods who changed the title on my behalf.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Richiy(f): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
Don't blame me, blame the mods who changed the title on my behalf.
they did that?*shocked* its badly constructed @mods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System / Top Ten Poorest State In Nigeria (2015) / Calabar Rally: Tinubu Didn’t Attack Buhari – APC PCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.